Author Topic: Games You're Playing Right Now III: Return Of The Protagonist  (Read 222927 times)

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
Re: Games You're Playing Right Now III: Return Of The Protagonist
« Reply #780 on: May 29, 2012, 10:54:44 PM »
Got to
Spoiler:
The Underworld
in FF4 DS. Game is pretty decent so far, although random battles tend to be an exercise in "letting auto-battle do it's job"

Is there anything else to do in Pokemon White after you get to level 65? All the Elite 4 are 10 levels above me still and I got my fill of Battle Tower-esque play in Gen 4, and I can't get on Wi-Fi because none of the hotspots work for me (still using a DS Lite)

I think I'm just going to download Touhoumon and play that instead.

Trying to obtain a new Gamecube controller so I can replay all my GC games. Good times.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #781 on: May 30, 2012, 01:30:01 PM »
So I just spent two hours streaming Ib blind. That was an intense two hours.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 01:35:59 PM by Ran Yakumo »

Anima Zero

• Captain of the Spear
« Reply #782 on: May 30, 2012, 03:17:40 PM »
Grandia 2 Hard Type - Just wiped out Valmar's Core after roughly 82 some odd minutes.  This boss is a goddamn beast.  You know it's not going to be fun when the first thing you see is an attack that can cause instant death.  Also not fun when the Core's main attack, Day of Judgement, does ~4000 damage to everyone.  Everyone is running with 4600-5000 HP at lv65 with one maxed Life Up equipped to each character.  Having three heads provide more damage is even more brilliant.

How the hell I beat the critter on my first attempt (a blind run of the boss no less!)...well I can't even begin to answer that one.

Now I guess I get to see what the refights with the various parts of Valmar are like as well as the actual final boss.
"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero..." Zero, Mega Man Zero 4

Zil

« Reply #783 on: May 31, 2012, 01:38:53 AM »
Oh god I just found a 7.

Now I just need to find an 8 and one of my life's greatest goals will be complete.

And another thing.

Fuck you minesweeper.

UsadaLettuce

• 8|
  • Heroic Lily
    • Roger Rabbit!
« Reply #784 on: May 31, 2012, 01:42:21 AM »
Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY (PS3)

Fun game but not really that good when it comes to sneaky attacks.  I don't play games much so basically I'm going to suck at this. :blush:

XephyrEnigma

• :|
  • XephyrEnigma
« Reply #785 on: May 31, 2012, 01:55:35 AM »
So I finally decided to tackle the white whale of my childhood. Final Fantasy 7. only this time... We go hardcore. The Hardcore mod for this game makes a few tweaks here and there to the general difficulty to the game. And let me just say this. Almost everything can fuck you up if you're not careful. Granted, I've only now just got past Guard Scorpion, but still. It's like i've mentioned to several others. Everything is a legitimate threat. Not to mention there are a few new monsters and bosses thrown into the mix. Also, did I forget to mention you actually start out at level 1 this time? >:D
Iced-Fairy: "Danmaku is like soccer, except instead of hooligans you get fairies and the riot is before the game." 

My YouTube channel where I often screw about - Latest Upload: IN Border Team Easy Clear

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #786 on: May 31, 2012, 09:44:19 AM »
Pokemon Red (Revolution hack) - I had to ditch my Girl version run because the hacker was inept at tweaking trainer battles, and the Rival fight enroute to the Elite 4 was so terribly glitched that you cannot finish it without WtW, which I cannot use because my DS can't handle cheats. So, I replayed it with the Revolution hack, by Collosseum Translations [sic]. I have finalized my team and am just playing the "level catch up" game because I am 10 levels below Elite 4 levels.

My finalized team:
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 09:45:53 AM by Suminoe Tranceko »

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #787 on: May 31, 2012, 09:47:57 AM »
I have become a hopeless addict to BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend's Abyss mode

massive, hours-per-attempt RPG mode in a fightan game, that gets steadily harder and more and more nerve-wracking the further you go?
YES PLOX

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
« Reply #788 on: May 31, 2012, 03:17:00 PM »

Fuck you minesweeper.
Eh, on expert, you get situations like that all the time . :derp:
Another favorite:
Code: [Select]
________
X ? ? X
X 3 3 X
1 1 1 1
Or even just
X X X
3 ? 3
3 ? 3
X X X
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

Zil

« Reply #789 on: May 31, 2012, 11:15:58 PM »
Here's another that just befell me. It can get really elaborate with this kind of thing, winding all over the board. Sometimes it's almost as if someone constructed them just to thwart me. Unfortunately you're right. You get this stuff all the time.
X 2 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 2 X
? 2 ? ? 1 ? ? 1 ? ? 1 ? ? 1 ? ? 2 ?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 09:50:13 AM by Zil »

« Reply #790 on: June 01, 2012, 01:32:06 AM »
Binding of Isaac: Wrath of the Lamb. The game is pretty ridiculous now with this DLC.

Also prepurchased Torchlight II, so I'll be playing some Torchlight on PC as well. I'm not sure which class I'll play seriously first on this version. I tried a little bit of Very Hard with the Destroyer and it was a pretty tough thing from what little I tried. I also made sure to grab the Champions Mod, so it'll be a bit harder due to that too. Should probably grab the mods released by the developers as well for respec and the bee spell.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
« Reply #791 on: June 01, 2012, 06:18:59 AM »
Perhaps the only thing worse that the Minesweeper bs is Thrill Digger bs. Aside from the empty Green Rupees, each of the values can be two probable values. Blues can be 1 or 2, Reds are 3 or 4, etc. It's a little easier due to Rupoors that don't end your game immediately, but it's also one of the variations that can kill you with the first pick.

Thinking of picking up Drill Dozer again for another run.

I also have no idea whatsoever how I can turn Methane into something something Triflouride with only three reactors (and one of them has to be dedicated to steering the damn laser, the other to picking whether I steer or fire).
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #792 on: June 01, 2012, 01:18:01 PM »
Son of a gun, I died to Rubicante and hadn't saved since before
Spoiler:
Yang died
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #793 on: June 01, 2012, 02:10:43 PM »
Son of a gun, I died to Rubicante and hadn't saved since before
Spoiler:
Yang died

FF4DS right?
Try using the Steal command
Spoiler:
when he decides to flash you.

Sana

• Good gravy!
« Reply #794 on: June 01, 2012, 05:29:07 PM »
Fire Emblem Kakusei, on a Hard mode run now. It's pretty neat!

« Reply #795 on: June 01, 2012, 05:39:28 PM »
I've been playing Tales of Graces f for quite a while. Dang zhonecage and its item offering requirements, I can't figure them out to save my life. :fail:

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #796 on: June 01, 2012, 05:54:31 PM »
shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup >:(

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #797 on: June 01, 2012, 07:34:01 PM »
You're doing Fire Emblem stuff too? What a coincidence!
I recently stared playing an old hack of FE7, that one neat crossover one by MageKnight404.
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

UsadaLettuce

• 8|
  • Heroic Lily
    • Roger Rabbit!
« Reply #798 on: June 02, 2012, 03:55:43 AM »
Feel the Magic XX/XY (NDS)

Why does this Nightmare chapter feels hard now not unlike the last I beat this on my cousin's DS? D:

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #799 on: June 02, 2012, 04:02:30 AM »
oh lawdy persona 3 on easy mode
i told myself i wouldn't be using any Plumes of Dusk but that didn't work out

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #800 on: June 03, 2012, 08:31:06 AM »
Hoh hoh, and they told me it was impossible to beat Red in Soul Silver with my team only at level 56-59. How they laughed!

...Hah, that was fun. Took a good hour, but it was worth it.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

UsadaLettuce

• 8|
  • Heroic Lily
    • Roger Rabbit!
« Reply #801 on: June 03, 2012, 09:21:32 AM »
Brain Age 2 DS

I've been playing this ever since I got a job last week so less time for me playing RPG or adventure games...

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #802 on: June 03, 2012, 10:49:47 AM »
I just want you to know how incredibly jealous I am of you ;-;

In other news, Mount & Blade: Warband (with Napoleonic Wars DLC preferrably) is an absurdly amazing multiplayer game even if I'm completely terrible at it 8D

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #803 on: June 03, 2012, 11:42:09 PM »
With my first $20 Steam Wallet card, I bought...
I bought The Binding of Isaac and RUSH for a total of $2 (60% Discount Special), I bought a friend Super Meat Boy for $5.09 (Discount), and I bought Rock of Ages (The game, $10)

The Binding of Isaac is really fucking addicting, and if it weren't for my skill at Touhou, I'd be falling apart trying to play this game. It has a lot of shooter mechanics mixed with Zelda mechanics and it's fuckin' awesome.

RUSH is a boring, everyday puzzle game that isn't bad but I'm glad I got it on discount because it's not worth $5

Rock of Ages is a quirky game that takes NOTHING as sacred, so if you're not easily offended, you may love the humor. Some people they make fun of are Leonardo da Vinci, Leonidas, Charlamagne, and King Charles III.
Spoiler:
You can also unlock a trollface to use as a ball.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 12:29:43 AM by Ace »
My profile picture is whimsy until I feel like adding something else.

Enjoy.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #804 on: June 04, 2012, 12:34:00 PM »
Binding of Isaac is indeed amazing and if you haven't already, be sure to get the Wrath of the Lamb DLC.  It adds an absurd amount of additional stuff to pretty much everything and really helps vary up the game experience.

« Reply #805 on: June 04, 2012, 10:26:10 PM »
Took me 28.7 hours to 100% the Wrath of the Lamb DLC.  My total Isaac playtime is 107.9 hours according to Steam. Not bad for a 5-8 dollar game depending if you get the DLC or not. Though the game and DLC cost me less than $5 as i got the main game in the Christmas sale.

And I'll still be playing it occasionally despite having Platinum God achievement.

Ozzy

• Veteran Danmakufu Scripter
  • Currently working on a full Touhou fangame!
« Reply #806 on: June 05, 2012, 05:47:54 AM »
Ok, forget what I said last post. I've been playing Resident Evil Revelations instead and loving it! I'm up to Episode 6 and I have no complaints with the game. I really can't wait to find out what happens next!

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #807 on: June 05, 2012, 08:21:27 AM »
Been playing a little indie game called Distorted Travesty

It's... actually a pretty big game, though.  It's an Order Of Ecclesia-style Metroidvania (Individual stages progressed through more or less linearly, but there's plenty of reason to revisit and secrets to find and powerups to pick up alongside its levelling system) with a takes-some-getting-used-to control scheme, but it's actually a very action heavy and potentially really challenging game.  The main thing is the ability to swap between five elements (Neutral, Fire, Water, Wind, and Earth), with different enemies having different weaknesses [and each having different associated spells and stuff too].  In addition to this, there is also "crippling" - striking enemies with a specific attack/spell [or sequence of them, later] temporarily shatters their defenses.  Sometimes this is far from the optimum way to be attacking them, however, so it's up to you to decide if you'll take the risks involved to deal significantly higher damage.  The fact that your dashes actually grant you invulneurability during their startup means you're expected to deal with piles of crazy at times, too.

I've been playing it on the hardest difficulty (Which unlike the others doesn't allow you to adjust the difficulty up or down) and it has been a blast.  A potentially infuriating blast at times, because holy shit some of these fucking boss fights.  But they have all been AWESOMELY FUN, just really, really hard.

Also everything in the game is shamelessly borrowed (Music, sprites, etc) so it's kind of like a stylish 2D metroidvania game which is made up of settings of other video games and tongue-in-cheek humor, so...

It's actually pretty damn amazing.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #808 on: June 05, 2012, 09:20:47 AM »
Pokemon Sacred Gold, a Heart Gold romhack (the counterpart version is Storm Silver) which is basically what I wanted HGSS to be, and more!

Currently at Mahogany, with a team of:

Ryou the Farfetch'd (@Stick, Super Luck)
Elena the Flying/Surfing Pikachu (@Light Ball, Static)
Holyze the Ledian (@Occa Berry, Iron Fist)
Fuuro the Sudowoodo (@N/A, Sturdy)
Gumi the Porygon2 (@N/A, Download)
Freesia the Jumpluff (@N/A, Chlorophyll) <-- Designated "catch rare shit"bait as well as ninja-girl

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

« Reply #809 on: June 07, 2012, 07:29:10 AM »
I'm currently playing Secret of Mana, together with my girlfriend.

Boy, it sure is annoying to level up your weapons and magic at later levels...