Author Topic: Games You're Playing Right Now III: Return Of The Protagonist  (Read 222932 times)

Re: Games You're Playing Right Now III: Return Of The Protagonist
« Reply #750 on: May 20, 2012, 10:01:18 PM »
Currently playing Persona 2: Innocent Sin on my PSP until I return home. Once I have access to my gaming rig I have to finish up Space Pirates and Zombies and start on Sonic 4 Ep2.

In the "to play" queue are a Pokemon game (maybe Ruby if I can fix the berry glitch on my cart, restarting White otherwise) and some Simcity game (either reinstalling 4 yet again or doing an LP of 3000)

« Reply #751 on: May 20, 2012, 10:25:26 PM »
Got to try out the Torchlight II beta. I'm playing on Normal with the Berserker right now. I'm still completely sucking and dying a lot, but it's kind of fun still. I'm not sure what Veteran and Elite are like. Even the first boss took way too damn long on Normal. Hopefully I can complete the beta section and get a decent amount of time with other characters before it ends.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #752 on: May 21, 2012, 01:41:34 PM »
Hoo boy, where to begin?
The Warriors Orochi games are fantastic fun, yes.

As for FFX, that's because it's actually a pretty damn good game!  Most of the complaints fall into either the area of storytelling execution (either they found Tidus annoying or just didn't like the whole setup in general) or concerns that only matter during the postgame (Ultimate weapons have some absurdly shitty tasks involved, sphere grid kind of falls apart, etc) - the actual gameplay of the main game is easily one of my favourites in the series and in RPGs in general.

I actually suggest that if you enjoyed it, you try X-2 as well once you're done and if you can get your hands on it.  It gets a bad rap for a few reasons (mostly to do with the game not exactly doing itself any favours early on), but it's also a really great game despite how much people complain about it.

« Reply #753 on: May 21, 2012, 02:03:25 PM »
(mostly to do with the game not exactly doing itself any favours early on)
Quote from: Rikku from FFX-2
Oh poopie..
That was the point that I couldn't take X-2 seriously anymore. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed playing the game as an extension of the storyline from FFX (my favorite FF). The Job system was always one of my favorite parts of the Final Fantasy games, and X-2 executed it rather well. But.. Dress Spheres? Garment Grids? Are we saving the world or are we playing dress-up? No, we're saving the world while playing dress-up! :V

Not to mention Catnip + Trigger Happy = Game broken.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #754 on: May 21, 2012, 04:39:54 PM »
I actually got X-2 before X. :V
It was kinda fun though, getting the EX Dressspheres like Machina Maw.
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #755 on: May 21, 2012, 05:56:29 PM »
I'm currently doing what I should have done ages ago and getting around to finishing Digimon World 2 and finally playing the original Digimon World, while slowly making my progress through Persona 3 FES and Borderlands (With friends).

Aside from those off-games and touhou, I've gone back to playing Grand Chase for some odd reason I can't quite explain, I've started playing League Of Legends some time ago and I'm playing Digimon Masters Online because I'm on a Digimon Fangasm Spree.

Nothing to see here.

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #756 on: May 21, 2012, 06:54:28 PM »
Games I'm playing right now~?
Minceraft-O SHIT IT CARSHED!
Crashed* Fuck My Spelling
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 06:56:27 PM by fonduemaster »

redlakitu

« Reply #757 on: May 21, 2012, 09:59:02 PM »
Doom II and its millions of fanmade addons never get old. As far as I'm concerned, it's THE perfect FPS game. Currently I'm playing through Number One Kill The Next Generation, or 1killtng.WAD, a very solid megawad, though it pales in comparison with Alien Vendetta (I love this name), which I played a while ago but had to stop near the end because my paranoid playing style ("let's save every thirty seconds and be afraid to check what's in the next room") just wouldn't cut it anymore.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
« Reply #758 on: May 22, 2012, 06:26:56 AM »
The Dragon Stream is OP. There's no other reason how
Spoiler:
Yamato
can manage to keep
Spoiler:
his
turn in front of my entire party's despite eating a Double Up Evil Flow. As long as I remember Drain and Pierce, the battle should go (relatively) smoothly - at least moreso than
Spoiler:
Team Tokyo
buffing every enemy and serving up uncrackables.

EDIT:
Spoiler:
Polaris B
is such an ass. Deathbound, high speed, no need to move, means almost every single damn time it kills one of my leaders. Guess I need to start replacing stuff with Null/Repel/Drain Phys to even stand a chance to win.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 08:17:19 AM by Amae Taiyomo »
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #759 on: May 23, 2012, 01:26:11 PM »
EDIT:
Spoiler:
Polaris B
is such an ass. Deathbound, high speed, no need to move, means almost every single damn time it kills one of my leaders. Guess I need to start replacing stuff with Null/Repel/Drain Phys to even stand a chance to win.
Yep.  Surprisingly enough, that's the most dangerous part, so your team should be kitted with Null/Repel/Drain and at least Resist on the last one.  Drain is hilariously effective there, actually, as it doesn't have Pierce!

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Phlegeth

• DPS LFG
  • Time expired: 121:45
« Reply #760 on: May 23, 2012, 09:13:34 PM »
The enemy Berserker in Fate/Extra is
Spoiler:
Arcueid
.  It was annoying because of what happened between the rounds, you spend most of the week running around trying to fix
Spoiler:
Rani
and not doing any research.  And then on the last couple of days when they find out something about her, I'm just going, I already knew that.  It's the age old player knowledge vs character knowledge argument.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #761 on: May 23, 2012, 09:49:13 PM »
The enemy Berserker in Fate/Extra is
Spoiler:
Arcueid
Only on Rani's route though. You get to fight a different Berserker if you're on Rin's route.

« Reply #762 on: May 23, 2012, 10:22:21 PM »
So I beat Ballos on Cave Story a while back. I then started up a Hard Mode run. And have gotten up to

Which ended up like this without a chance at trying Ballos 4.

I'm not even sure how I would take out Ballos form 4 like this either. This is one of the few points where Hard mode's lack of missiles just sucks. I'd like to get that Steam Achievement for a 3 HP best ending clear, and I'd rather not replay through it on Normal just so I can missile cheese this form.

Ozzy

• Veteran Danmakufu Scripter
  • Currently working on a full Touhou fangame!
« Reply #763 on: May 24, 2012, 12:22:16 AM »
I just finished Mass Effect 3 a little while ago, despite having the game for 2 months. I can understand why people were upset over the ending now, but I'm just more confused by it than upset. I haven't decided what game to play next. I'm planning on trying a low level run of Super Paper Mario this summer, but I'm not sure if I should do it just yet. I'll probably next end up playing Dead Space 2's hardcore mode again for a friend of a friend.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #764 on: May 24, 2012, 02:29:22 AM »
I tried low-levelling SPM.
The only problem is probably resource management.
Being horribly unable to stock coins makes survival a wee bit difficult.
I don't remember, but I think my level was around 11 ~ 15.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #765 on: May 24, 2012, 09:20:56 AM »
Playing Pokemon Red, Girl Ver. which is a romhack that simply changes the starters and the overworld sprite of your character and your rival's. Your character becomes Daisy and your rival's head turns into a lass' overworld sprite's head. One caveat for this run is I'd like to avoid using popular Pokemon in Gen1 by late game.

My current team, midway through Mt. Moon, consists of: Redrum (Magikarp), Ran (Vulpix), Chuu (Pikachu), Vice (Beedrill) and Crest (Nidorino).

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
« Reply #766 on: May 24, 2012, 11:07:31 PM »
Just beat Persona 4, for the technically first time.
Levelled to 80 and had 78/Yukiko 75/Naoto 74/Chie on my team.

Helping certainly was the Soma I found in a regular chest.

Casualties were surprisingly minimal this time, because my last attempt (MC 75, Teddie 75, Naoto 75, Yukiko 75) was fraught with Samarecarm and Revival Bead and Macca Leaf.

Oddly, the main damage came from all the girls :V
Since I booted Teddie, Souji had to take up the support role :getdown:

Ended up finishing it with weapons that ranked in the upper 300s, armor around 250 - 350, and with accessories that increased all stats by ten, four, Max SP by 30%, and halved SP use. 20 SP Salvation is horrendously broken BV

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #767 on: May 24, 2012, 11:32:46 PM »
Finished DX: HR and Missing Link finally, using Very Hard Mod (increases aug prices, adjusts ammo capacities, and makes breakable walls easier to see), ENBSeries (advanced DX9 graphics mod), and normal difficulty (but hard on ML). I credit a GPU upgrade for getting me back to this game (testing led to completion :V).

Definitely the endings were pretty good, especially the one
Spoiler:
where Panchaea capsizes to let humanity decide for itself
, but aside from the really bad boss fights (grenade launcher + explosive revolver spam to the rescue :V) it was a bit too easy for my tastes and 'hack everything, stealth and distractions over combat, stun/non-lethal takedown as many people as possible, fire weapons if needed' playstyle.

But instead of trying a no-alerts pacifist run of this game I'd rather get my recently-rebought copy of DX, apply the DX10 render patch, and play it again since my vision is augmented memory of that game is now spotty.

« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 11:41:19 PM by 巫女パン Trade Shrine »
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

CadrinHaverit

« Reply #768 on: May 27, 2012, 11:54:26 AM »
Playing Diablo II: LoD. Barbarian, Nightmare, Act V. Just found Raven Frost from Dac Farren, thus eliminating one of my mortal enemies: freezing.
THE RAPE TRAIN DOES NOT HAVE BRAKES!

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #769 on: May 27, 2012, 12:36:05 PM »
Final Fantasy IV (DS)

Got killed in Tower of Zot an got sent all the way back to Dark Elf >_<
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Omba

• ねえ...
  • 君の首...おいしそう
« Reply #770 on: May 27, 2012, 09:02:11 PM »
Started playing Himegari Dungeon Meister; it's a bitch to read since my japanese is still kind of lacking, but it's great practice.
The game's quite good so far, although Kamidori Alchemy Meister was somewhat better. Especially since that one made grinding for levels and materials a lot easier to do (replaying levels you already finished is very limited in Himegari, whereas in Kamidori you can replay pretty much any level as often as you want).
Still, I really like Himegari's story with it's evil demon king. <3

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
« Reply #771 on: May 28, 2012, 03:26:20 AM »
I love how I can't have fun with Nocturne, while I'm having fun.

HAHAHA! MY PLAN FOR FREE MP IS WORKING!

> Succubus uses "Eternal Rest."

WHY HAVE YOU NOT EVER USED THAT MOVE BEFORE THIS POINT, REALLY
I HAVE TO DEFEAT THOSE FUCKING SISTERS AGAIN

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
« Reply #772 on: May 28, 2012, 05:37:05 PM »
So as always, I buy my stuff a considerable time after they come out for among other things the price advantage, as per protocol. And likewise as per protocol, I have started playing Portal 2 today. First three chapters to be precise.

Man, I love the humor of these games. My brother actually got the game recently as well, so we will be able to play the co-op together later, without anyone being spoiled already about what's going to happen.  :D
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

« Reply #773 on: May 29, 2012, 02:43:33 AM »
Blah, I can't remember all the games I have played off my hand. I did play: Super Robot Wars W (One full playthrough, and currently abusing the stage 11 money trick.), FF13-2 (At least while the game is better than FF13, it's not by much, IMO.).

Anyways, I was going to buy the dlc expansion that came out today for Binding of Isaac for 3 dollars, but due to unfortunate circumstances, I can't buy the game at all for the moment. It looks really good, though.

ruikomatsu

• Let's fire it up.
  • Would you like some tea?
« Reply #774 on: May 29, 2012, 04:56:26 PM »
GTA 1

Geesuz. This game is still awesome beyond words. It's really quite a site seeing people 'squished' in this game and I do die a lot for some reason.
The DotS thread is deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaad ; w ;

Pixiv     |     My Other Deviantart     |     Tumblr     |    MyAnimeList

lumber_of_the_beast

« Reply #775 on: May 29, 2012, 05:41:48 PM »
Symphony of the Night gets a lot better after you have Soul of Bat.

« Reply #776 on: May 29, 2012, 05:52:22 PM »
It's also funner when you can do all the tricks, which I can't. Still occasionally fun to play normally though.

Decided I'd finish Torchlight XBLA. So i got rid of my Very Hard character and made a Destroyer on the easiest difficulty. I'd like to at least get the 200/200 in the game. I'll play the higher difficulties on PC because I'll get a free Torchlight copy on Steam once I prepurchase the second game. I had one death so far on an optional map where I forgot about a trap and had the walls crush my character, would have been pissed if I had been playing Hardcore, but I obviously didn't check that mode. I might play some Hardcore on PC though eventually.

Phlegeth

• DPS LFG
  • Time expired: 121:45
« Reply #777 on: May 29, 2012, 07:35:44 PM »
Brain:  Pst, hey, I know you're in the middle of game you haven't beaten yet, but you should like totally play Final Fantasy V again.
Me:  'kay.

Yea, it's been awhile since my last playthrough.  So why not?

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #778 on: May 29, 2012, 07:59:20 PM »
Brain:  Pst, hey, I know you're in the middle of game you haven't beaten yet, but you should like totally play Final Fantasy V again.
Me:  'kay.

Yea, it's been awhile since my last playthrough.  So why not?
fffffffffdamnit I need to finish that LP >:(

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
« Reply #779 on: May 29, 2012, 08:02:33 PM »
Playing Batman: Arkham City right now. Batman's like my favorite superhero and Arkham Asylum was definitely one of my favorite games. This is gonna rock.
fffffffffdamnit I need to finish that LP >:(
Yeah, you do.

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16