Author Topic: Miscellaneous Questions Thread 2 (Please look here before anywhere else)  (Read 174295 times)

Drake

Re: Miscellaneous Questions Thread 2 (Please look here before anywhere else)
« Reply #270 on: April 25, 2011, 09:34:24 PM »
http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/File:Keine.ogg
Assuming Drake's pronunciation is correct.
"Correct" is a vague term to use here. While it would be considered correct as "it is japanese and therefore correct", my intonation there makes me wince slightly. I definitely have to redo them eventually.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

« Reply #271 on: April 26, 2011, 08:37:06 PM »
I'm guessing it's because the project began over 500 years ago, but the barrier wasn't complete until 120 years before PoFV.

Whatthe

• Formerly known as "Only somewhat distracted"
  • Still distracted
« Reply #272 on: April 28, 2011, 12:03:47 AM »
What's the song at the beginning of this video? (Before Cirno's Perfect Math Class starts playing.)

[nsfw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3wuqvzrQdw[/nsfw]

ふとくていなねこじょおう

• Cirno Kisaragi
  • When Ice Cars completely miss the intended target
« Reply #273 on: April 28, 2011, 01:45:21 AM »
Where does Cirno's love for watermelons come from? Is it cannon or fannon?
"I'm not sure about this anymore...Are you sure this is safe?"

"Absolutely! This is 100% safe! ...Not."

Sabino

• Rusted Ruins
« Reply #274 on: April 28, 2011, 02:11:37 AM »
What's the song at the beginning of this video? (Before Cirno's Perfect Math Class starts playing.)

The theme song for 必殺仕事人, 想い出の糸車 (Omoide no Itoguruma / The spinning wheel of memories)

Where does Cirno's love for watermelons come from? Is it cannon or fannon?

Fanon as far as I know, and probably because there's an ice candy that looks just like one
Advent Cirno also uses it , so it could be from there too, but then again, back to the same place.

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
« Reply #276 on: April 29, 2011, 01:52:09 PM »
Kind of weird question, but I've always wondered what exactly a "Miss" is in the games.

« Reply #277 on: April 29, 2011, 09:18:31 PM »
Dying.

XephyrEnigma

• :|
  • XephyrEnigma
I've always wondered, are there special names for every bullet in existence since the Windows games? Comparatively, why are those large orb bullets called "Metal Fatigues"?
Iced-Fairy: "Danmaku is like soccer, except instead of hooligans you get fairies and the riot is before the game." 

My YouTube channel where I often screw about - Latest Upload: IN Border Team Easy Clear

I've always wondered, are there special names for every bullet in existence since the Windows games? Comparatively, why are those large orb bullets called "Metal Fatigues"?
I don't know the answer to the first question, but for the second... I do know that "Metal Fatigue" is the name of one of Patchouli's spell cards. If these are the bullets you're talking about:

...Then they would be named after that spell.

Drake

There are a few names for the different bullets, but generally just typing out how they look is enough.
Arrowheads are the... arrowheads
Rice or diamonds typically are the diamond-shaped bullets
Crystals or ice are generally the textured diamonds that Cirno and Meiling use, but in Meiling's case they've been referred to as flowers...
Murasa's signature bullets were at some point called Murasa bullets until others started using them, droplets or raindrops usually get the picture across
Pellets are the very small dots used everywhere
Glitter are the very small spinning colorful bullets used in MoF
Cards or amulets are the square bullets
Bullet-shaped bullets are referred to as Reisen bullets or suppositories or something
Stars are stars
Medium bullets or Metal Fatigue bullets as you say are the larger circle bullets
Butterflies are butterflies
Knives are knives
Ovals, or Eirin bullets, are the larger oval-shaped bullets
Bubbles are the very large bullets that look kind of like eyes (black center, color, then white edges)
etc

XephyrEnigma

• XephyrEnigma
Ah, thanks for the answer, but Murasa's little bullets always looked like micro anchors to me.
Iced-Fairy: "Danmaku is like soccer, except instead of hooligans you get fairies and the riot is before the game." 

My YouTube channel where I often screw about - Latest Upload: IN Border Team Easy Clear

Drake

wait what

how are these mini anchors

They look like multi-colored shark teeth to me.

pokecatch

• I am underage
  • And therefore, I am banned
Now now, don't go :getdown: on me.
by the looks of it, those bullets look like diamonds or sonic emeralds.

FYI, if I don't reply, I'm on a DSi. it may take a bit to reply.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 02:54:23 AM by pokecatch »

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
Is the thing about gods losing power when they lose faith made up by ZUN, or is it Japanese folklore?
Signature

Drake

You kind of have to take a step back to understand the faith system. Faith isn't something literal as it's portrayed in the games. Faith is simply the basis of any religion. When people believe in a god, the god is pleased. The god (invisibly) performs miracles or natural events or whatever, and by faith the people attribute that miracle to the god. Hence, the god exists. If people stop attributing occurrences to a god and stop worshiping it, the "idea" of the god in people's minds simply ceases to exist. The main difference here is that in Touhou we have literal interpretations of gods and we can see them, so we can see how faith makes a god more powerful and lack of faith makes a god wither away. We can see the plentiful crops the Aki sisters bring, and as such see the effects it has on them. We can see Sanae attempt to gather faith so Kanako and Suwako become stronger, and we can see what faith does to Kanako and Suwako, because they take on a physical form. That physical form is the only "change" ZUN has made. Change is in quotations because the very reason Kanako and Suwako came to Gensokyo was because the outside world is beginning to lose faith in the gods (nobody can see them), and Gensokyo is filled with worshiped gods. So you can't even really say that ZUN changed anything, he only made the system practical in terms of the game.

Forte Blackadder

• 雲龍九現
  • Thi?n Giả L?ng Y?u
    • FaceBook
Please tell me I'm an imbecile retard and this is not Gensokyo the Gods loved. Not my favourite song, no. Please, ZUN, I hate you :(
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhKqeKDVorA

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
Please tell me I'm an imbecile retard and this is not Gensokyo the Gods loved. Not my favourite song, no. Please, ZUN, I hate you :(
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhKqeKDVorA

Nah, it just has parts that sound similar.
Though I can see why you'd think that.
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
I'm making a Touhou reflavouring of Diablo2 (thread here). I want to know what are the weapon and armour types that would fit in Gensokyo's flavour. For example:

Weapons - Gohei, broom, spellbook, sword, fan, gun, doll, parasol, onbashira.
Armour - Shield, keystone, miko outfit, silly hat, maid outfit, kappa camo,

These are just to name a few basic classes. Can anyone give me a more comprehensive list?

Drake

Weapons: Book/Tome, Knife/Dagger, Yinyang Orbs, , the Bunbunmaru
Armour: Bloomers, Sarashi, Shimenawa, GUNDAM box, the Bunbunmaru

i dunno

^A Bunbunmaru item set would be great.  :3

Hmm...Marisa's wand for weapons? Frilly dresses for armour. (Keine's hat = the best helmet in the game. XD)

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
Why does Patchouli Knowledge have the "Bean Sprout" nickname?
Signature

I assume it's because she shares her name with this herb: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patchouli

XephyrEnigma

• XephyrEnigma
I assume it's because she shares her name with this herb: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patchouli

Supposedly she's short like one of these too.

game2011

• magneiptVE
    • Unsurpassed ??asual Dating - Real Women
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this.  I'm sorry if it isn't.

I want to post one of my Touhou fan fictions on the fanfic section of this forum, but since the story is posted on FF.net, can I simply post the link to that site in that section?

Thanks in advance!

KrackoCloud

• I don't mean to be greedy...
  • ... but white rice is my favorite food.
In Soku, I've noticed that there's some sort of characters in the corner of spellcards.
I know these pertain to how many cards they use up, but they don't look like numbers. What do these characters translate to?

ふとくていなねこじょおう

• Cirno Kisaragi
  • When Ice Cars completely miss the intended target

So, who's spell circle is who's?

I can identify some of them, though.

Top row, from left to right: Reimu, Marisa, Alice

Bottom row: Sanae, Cirno, Meiling, Utsuho, and Suwako.

I know the other rainbow circle is Tenshi's, aaaaand that's about it.
"I'm not sure about this anymore...Are you sure this is safe?"

"Absolutely! This is 100% safe! ...Not."

Reimu, Marisa, Alice, Patchouli, Sakuya
Youmu, Remilia, Yuyuko, Yukari, Suika
Reisen, Aya, Komachi, Iku, Tenshi
Sanae, Cirno, Meiling, Utsuho, Suwako