Author Topic: Satori Quest - Day in the Life  (Read 168056 times)

Nekomata-chan

Re: Satori Quest - Day in the Life
« Reply #990 on: April 27, 2012, 07:30:30 PM »
>Let's keep rolling!
>"Well, it's pretty understandable. I myself have a slight soft spot for well-made ones."
>You keep on going.
>Patchouli nods, "Well, I'm not entirely picky. But the rice-cakes that Sakuya makes on occasion are sublime."

>You arrive at the snack cart.
>An Oni slides behind the counter, stopping abruptly with a wide grin, "Yo! Satori, great to you see you!"
>She aims two fingers at Patchouli and Koakuma, "Nice to meet you both, too. Name's Miki. Not every day we get newcomers down here, and to this stand, but I'm expecting a lot of customers when that festival kicks in."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #991 on: April 27, 2012, 07:34:09 PM »
>Smirk. "You'll likely be seeing more of them as the festival goes on. Miss Knowledge here is a rather avid lover of rice cakes it seems."
>Grin slightly. "Well, I think that three packs of 30, and three packs of 10 dumplings will suffice nicely? After all, it is my treat."
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

Nekomata-chan

« Reply #992 on: April 27, 2012, 09:31:43 PM »
>Smirk. "You'll likely be seeing more of them as the festival goes on. Miss Knowledge here is a rather avid lover of rice cakes it seems."
>Grin slightly. "Well, I think that three packs of 30, and three packs of 10 dumplings will suffice nicely? After all, it is my treat."
>Miki grins, reaching under the stall and placing the requested items on the counter, "There you go. That's... 2250! My maths skills are gettin' better as I go along, I think..."
>Patchouli nods, "It's all practise. All practise."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #993 on: April 27, 2012, 09:35:43 PM »
>Let's hand over the required cash, and about 300 extra, for doing a good job of things. "And here's a little extra, since you're working hard enough. You should get quite a lot of business once the festival rolls around."
>Then, pass Koa and Patchy their shares, and set to snacking on some of the dumplings.
>"Well, how are they? They're some of the best I've come across down here in the underground."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Nekomata-chan

« Reply #994 on: April 27, 2012, 09:40:06 PM »
>Let's hand over the required cash, and about 300 extra, for doing a good job of things. "And here's a little extra, since you're working hard enough. You should get quite a lot of business once the festival rolls around."
>Miki grins at you, "Thanks, darl'. I'll be sure to keep my stocks topped up for the tourists. See you around~"
>Then, pass Koa and Patchy their shares, and set to snacking on some of the dumplings.
>"Well, how are they? They're some of the best I've come across down here in the underground."
>You hand Koakuma and Patchouli their shares.
>They both begin snacking along with you. Patchouli starts on the rice cakes immediately, as expected.

>Koakuma grins rather widely, "These are way better than I expected! So... sweet!"
>Patchouli sighs contentedly, "You said it, Koa.."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #995 on: April 27, 2012, 09:47:42 PM »
>Grin. "Like I said earlier, some of the best in the underground."
>Wave around a dumpling skewer for emphasis. "You should try the dumplings too you know, they're quite good." Finish this phrase by eating one of the dumplings.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Nekomata-chan

« Reply #996 on: April 27, 2012, 09:49:58 PM »
>Grin. "Like I said earlier, some of the best in the underground."
>Wave around a dumpling skewer for emphasis. "You should try the dumplings too you know, they're quite good." Finish this phrase by eating one of the dumplings.
>Patchouli and Koakuma look at each other, and simulatenously try some of the dumplings.

>They're very impressed.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #997 on: April 27, 2012, 10:02:22 PM »
>Smirk. "Well, what do you think? I prefer these over most place you can obtain these."
>"After all, the surface has lost quite a lot of the old traditions, while the underground keeps them alive, and even improves on them."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Nekomata-chan

« Reply #998 on: April 27, 2012, 10:06:45 PM »
>Smirk. "Well, what do you think? I prefer these over most place you can obtain these."
>"After all, the surface has lost quite a lot of the old traditions, while the underground keeps them alive, and even improves on them."
>Patchouli nods, "That seems to be the case. It's lovely down here, too. Just has a friendly atmosphere without that impending feeling that you may be on the receiving end on someone's angry danmaku. Or lasers."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #999 on: April 27, 2012, 10:12:08 PM »
>Chuckle. "Oh, there's still that sort of thing, but it's more the jolly, 'Hey, let's see how you stack up!' sort of thing." Be sure to do a passable impression of Yuugi's voice when we say the bit about stacking up.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Nekomata-chan

« Reply #1000 on: April 27, 2012, 10:15:10 PM »
>Chuckle. "Oh, there's still that sort of thing, but it's more the jolly, 'Hey, let's see how you stack up!' sort of thing." Be sure to do a passable impression of Yuugi's voice when we say the bit about stacking up.
>Patchouli chuckles, "Well, at least they're light-humoured about it. Up on the surface it's usually 'Out of my way' or 'I'm angry and you're in front of me, let's fight'... or the one that I've heard more than any other: 'Master Spark'."
>Koakuma chips in, "Don't forget the 'ze'."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #1001 on: April 27, 2012, 10:18:20 PM »
>Sigh amusedly. "Sometimes there'll be a few irate brawls, but usually only when Youkai who aren't Oni have had too much to drink."
>Grin. "I know to keep Okuu away from too much drink, what with her ability and all."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Nekomata-chan

« Reply #1002 on: April 27, 2012, 10:19:57 PM »
>Sigh amusedly. "Sometimes there'll be a few irate brawls, but usually only when Youkai who aren't Oni have had too much to drink."
>Grin. "I know to keep Okuu away from too much drink, what with her ability and all."
>Koakuma grins, "That's the same reason that Flandre has never even been within sight of alcohol in her lifetime. It would be Flan-mageddon."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #1003 on: April 27, 2012, 10:24:12 PM »
>Muse thoughtfully. "Yes, going by what I've learned of her with my ability, and from speaking with others, that would be a likely possibility."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Nekomata-chan

« Reply #1004 on: April 27, 2012, 10:26:43 PM »
>Muse thoughtfully. "Yes, going by what I've learned of her with my ability, and from speaking with others, that would be a likely possibility."
>Patchouli sighs, "It's good not to dwell on the possibility that we may be splattered on clouds once that little terror gets drunk."
>Koakuma blinks, "Who knows? She might be a mellow drunk. You never know!"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #1005 on: April 27, 2012, 10:35:04 PM »
>Nod. "That could be a possibility. I seem to recall Orin to be a rather loving drunk....Almost to the point of annoyance."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Nekomata-chan

« Reply #1006 on: April 27, 2012, 10:40:18 PM »
>Nod. "That could be a possibility. I seem to recall Orin to be a rather loving drunk....Almost to the point of annoyance."
>Patchouli nods, "Ah... yes, Koakuma is like that when she's drunk, too."
>Koakuma blushes, "Lady Patchouli, I don't get drunk... much!"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #1007 on: April 27, 2012, 10:46:28 PM »
>Grin. "Well, perhaps we can use Remilia as a basis for how little Flandre might turn out?"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Nekomata-chan

« Reply #1008 on: April 27, 2012, 11:01:20 PM »
>Grin. "Well, perhaps we can use Remilia as a basis for how little Flandre might turn out?"
>Patchouli muses, "Well, I know Remilia when she's drunk. She's very philosophical, to say the least. The last time she got drunk, she traipsed into the library asking 'why do books exist? why must people read little tiny words on pieces of paper when you can throw them at people?'. I must say, she has the threats when she's drunk, but not the actual energy to carry them out."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #1009 on: April 27, 2012, 11:04:01 PM »
>Grin. "Perhaps I should see that for myself sometime then, I daresay she'd make for interesting conversation."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Nekomata-chan

« Reply #1010 on: April 27, 2012, 11:06:44 PM »
>Grin. "Perhaps I should see that for myself sometime then, I daresay she'd make for interesting conversation."
>Koakuma giggles, "Definitely! She once grabbed onto my ankle and said 'Koa-koko... cocoa! You like cocoa, right, Koko? Ya should, it's your name!!'... it was so funny!"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #1011 on: April 27, 2012, 11:08:43 PM »
>Chuckle. "That almost reminds me of when Koishi snuck some brandy on one of her ever-present whims."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Nekomata-chan

« Reply #1012 on: April 27, 2012, 11:10:30 PM »
>Chuckle. "That almost reminds me of when Koishi snuck some brandy on one of her ever-present whims."
>Patchouli chuckles, "Brandy can be quite strong, can't it? Or am I thinking of something else?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #1013 on: April 27, 2012, 11:12:16 PM »
>Nod. "Somewhat. I actually had some earlier today myself. I usually reserve it for making puddings though, but I was feeling spirited today."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Nekomata-chan

« Reply #1014 on: April 27, 2012, 11:15:10 PM »
>Nod. "Somewhat. I actually had some earlier today myself. I usually reserve it for making puddings though, but I was feeling spirited today."
>Koakuma nods, "Never had it, but it sounds fancy~"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #1015 on: April 27, 2012, 11:17:09 PM »
>Smirk. "We should have some when we get back then, seeing as how things have been going rather well today."
>Let's keep snacking!
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Nekomata-chan

« Reply #1016 on: April 27, 2012, 11:19:14 PM »
>Smirk. "We should have some when we get back then, seeing as how things have been going rather well today."
>Let's keep snacking!
>Patchouli nods, "So, how much preparation do you have left for this festival?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #1017 on: April 28, 2012, 05:00:59 PM »
>Muse thoughtfully. "Well, there are nine days left until the start, as I've said earlier. And the stadium is as you saw moments ago. Yukari will be lending a hand in creating the battlefield for the Battle Tourney, so that people can fight at their full potential without worry of collateral damage."
>Pause. "So I suppose the only other thing would be arranging living quarters for all the festival-goers who hail from the surface."
>Look to Patchy with a slight grin. "I was actually hoping that since you'll be one of the festival staff, that you would stay at Chireiden for the duration of the festival. It wouldn't be very easy on you to be trudging back and forth you know. And besides, Marisa, and even Reimu, have been down here since the other day."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #1018 on: April 28, 2012, 05:05:46 PM »
Coninue in a new thread. Label it as thread 2 of the game for ease of archiving.