Author Topic: Minecraft Server! (IMPORTANT POLL VOTE NOW)  (Read 165689 times)

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
Re: Minecraft Server!
« Reply #900 on: July 13, 2011, 12:27:40 AM »
Kagami raises an interesting point! Building closer together could definitely help provide a stronger sense of unity/community. I never thought I'd suggest this plugin since I've always been against it, but in this case:
how about BorderGuard?
Which Kagami? ENTIRE TEAM IS KAGAMI (or Koishi) :V.

BorderGuard seems FAR too extreme for what we are suggesting here. As long as we can build close to each other and connect in that manner we should be OK without it.

Edit: No need to get any plugins to make the Nether work anymore. After over two hundred days, Notch finally fixed it!
Wha ~ ? Notch fixes bugs and quirks?!
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

Eraiya

« Reply #901 on: July 13, 2011, 12:30:43 AM »
Why not join in on the Kagami-... -ing! :3

I geso, but you can always configure the border to be larger and larger if it's too small the first time or two!

Ye-Yeah, you know! He.. He did that one time with the Nether! A-And... Um... That other time, when he-! No, wait, that was a lie.
Um...
Hmm.

He fixed about one hundred that one time in a single update!
... Oh, then we all realized he made over one hundred more bugs within forty eight hours. ;_;
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 12:34:39 AM by Eraiya »

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #902 on: July 13, 2011, 12:34:31 AM »
I probably will put in the BorderGuard, but it'll be a plenty huge area, trust me. I just don't want people to go off exploring way way off, overgrowing the map and causing the dynmap to get screwed up like it did on DDR's server. It'll be a nice big square area with several biomes.

it's an unbelievably kind thing of Strafe to be willing to pay for this.

Strafe is the guy that donated almost $1000 during the japan earthquake charity drive. Dude is hella generous.

Server will probably go up sometime late in the week after I know how to tweak everything the way we want it.

Eraiya

« Reply #903 on: July 13, 2011, 12:39:38 AM »
Strafe is the guy that donated almost $1000 during the japan earthquake charity drive. Dude is hella generous.

... Goddamn.

I forgot to mention, but I recently saw this mod used in a stream. It looked nothing short of amazing. It's a mod made specifically to give you lists of plugins you can install with descriptions of what they do, and when you find one you like, it automatically downloads AND installs them with the click of one or two buttons. It even lets you know if it managed to download and install all the right files and folders to the right areas once it's done!

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #904 on: July 13, 2011, 12:44:11 AM »
I just don't want people to go off exploring way way off, overgrowing the map and causing the dynmap to get screwed up like it did on DDR's server. It'll be a nice big square area with several biomes.
First, I think the livefeed broke down amid quirks with it and 1.7.
Also, I'd like a good figure for the size of this area (I think 65536 x 65536 blocks is enough, and plus 65536 is neat from a coding perspective for being the number of terms a 16-bit variable has, while 65536 squared is the same for 32-bit vars)

Server will probably go up sometime late in the week after I know how to tweak everything the way we want it.
Before it goes up, remind me to send you a playerlist if we're still doing the whitelist thing.

I forgot to mention, but I recently saw this mod used in a stream. It looked nothing short of amazing.
Whoa, getting this one for sure.

Also, we will need a new name for this new place.
Bad command or file name

« Reply #905 on: July 13, 2011, 12:45:02 AM »
I probably will put in the BorderGuard, but it'll be a plenty huge area, trust me. I just don't want people to go off exploring way way off, overgrowing the map and causing the dynmap to get screwed up like it did on DDR's server. It'll be a nice big square area with several biomes.
Excellent point. Also the border could be expanded if need be, no?

Your words are kind.  :blush: Fortune has been kind to me lately, and I'm simply "paying it forward".

Let me know if you need my assistance for anything.

« Reply #906 on: July 13, 2011, 12:47:33 AM »
i also dont mind helping building a few centers of stuff...

ie tut area / community area / market places,

i reallly dont mind helping building all that :D

i think i'll take a break from minecraft till its up i guess...

MAPLE TIME 8D..
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 12:56:12 AM by EternitySky »

Eraiya

« Reply #907 on: July 13, 2011, 12:53:04 AM »
Also, I'd like a good figure for the size of this area (I think 65536 x 65536 blocks is enough.)

If it was that big, trust me, you wouldn't need BorderGuard in the first place! I once played on a server where I started somewhere between nine thousand and ten thousand blocks from spawn after teleporting to a friend. On request, I flew to spawn. With ten times movement speed and flying set to allowed, so I didn't have to worry about jumping from treetop to treetop, including time spent sitting around waiting for chunks to load, it took over thirty minutes to get to spawn.

Just nine thousand blocks for someone walking at normal movement speed- and having to traverse things like lakes, climb up hills and just generally not walk in a perfectly straight line- that'd take well over five hours, so I think even a five thousand block limit is seriously high! This might sound silly, but on the one and only server I ever played on with this plugin, a radius of two hundred and fifty blocks in all directions from spawn was enough to reasonably accommodate myself and about ten other players!

i also dont mind helping building a few centers of stuff...

ie tut area / lewd area / market places,

:3 I'm kidding, you know I love you

« Reply #908 on: July 13, 2011, 12:55:53 AM »
OH MY GOD LOL..... i totally didnt see that -.-.

i cant think today *facepalms*

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #909 on: July 13, 2011, 12:56:48 AM »
First, I think the livefeed broke down amid quirks with it and 1.7.
Oh, I see. Well still, probably a good idea not to grow it too much.

Also, I'd like a good figure for the size of this area (I think 65536 x 65536 blocks is enough, and plus 65536 is neat from a coding perspective for being the number of terms a 16-bit variable has, while 65536 squared is the same for 32-bit vars)
I'll have to get back to you on that, I'm not sure how big 65536 blocks is.
(cut by Eraiyna)
Lemme see how big 1000 is.

Also, we will need a new name for this new place.

Calling it MotKraft for now.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #910 on: July 13, 2011, 01:07:11 AM »
I'll have to get back to you on that, I'm not sure how big 65536 blocks is.
(cut by Eraiyna)
Lemme see how big 1000 is.
Still decently large. We may be able to fit about 15-25 players there.

Speaking of player lists, I have compiled a list of players (sorted by MC names) that can be used as the whitelist. Here's who I have down so far.

MODS:
theep
Dr_Strafe
Jquan
Jes7137

MOTK (on initial list I gave DDR):
KoishiKomeiji
Night4ce
Eraiya
SSkye
TouhouTorpedo
pineyappled
ilikemudkipzzz <-- yeah this is a joke, don't count on it
Cyrotex
Jaimas (who will prolly take on op role)
tomhoffman (IIRC it's tied to Artemis, but it seems to indicate otherwise too)
AzureLazuline
Iron_Mudkip
goldblade0
ryudo6850
Shady_Ghost
DDRMANIAC007 (just as a regular player, I guess)
iFayden
axman36

TO-BE-IN MOTK:
Rukin
HakureiSM
Cadrin
truros
rizock
AgentOfTheBSoD
seamoeba
Dinosaur521
dustyjo
<whatever account Hanzo K. may use due to expression of interest>
<whatever account Master Bigode will use due to interest>

UNKNOWN (I can't tie them to a specific MotK account ATM)
Eraiyna (no ties to MotK, as Eraiya indicated)
Fanciful_Ghost (used by multiple players as a spare)
Ryath
<Night4ce's brother>
xxColdFusionxx

If I don't have any of you down at all, put you in the wrong area, or you have a correction to this, PM me and I will update this post as necessary. This is especially true for the Unknown group.

Also, custom deaths (eg. "pull a Jquan") should be back in for the laughs but come up much less frequently. And maybe add a few new ones (Shady wanted one in particular, but his would have to be death by starvation, which needs hardcore mode).
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 02:26:12 PM by PARU Telecom Networks, LLC »
Bad command or file name

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #911 on: July 13, 2011, 01:07:44 AM »
I'm not really a fan of bordercraft, considering you're eliminating the exploring aspect to a certain degree, and that's 1/3rd of the game. Not to mention it's annoying to just randomly walk into an invisible border that's kicking you back in.

1000 means that Rukinville does not exist, since it's at 1400 away from spawn. Also, 250 seems reasonable, but that's if you're promoting a small town instead of giant structures (For comparison, the giant grinder frame I made was 149x149.) If you're going to have a big border, might as well not have a border at all.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #912 on: July 13, 2011, 01:11:09 AM »
I'm not really a fan of bordercraft, considering you're eliminating the exploring aspect to a certain degree, and that's 1/3rd of the game. Not to mention it's annoying to just randomly walk into an invisible border that's kicking you back in.

1000 means that Rukinville does not exist, since it's at 1400 away from spawn. Also, 250 seems reasonable, but that's if you're promoting a small town instead of giant structures (For comparison, the giant grinder frame I made was 149x149.) If you're going to have a big border, might as well not have a border at all.
As a fan of the exploration bit, I also disagree with BorderCraft implementation.

250 x 250 would be about 1/4 of the size of EPFort plus the surrounding walls further out (that are also not finished yet). And even then at 1000 blocks EPFort won't be in boundaries (it's about 400X, 1150Z away from spawn - you do the math).
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 01:17:41 AM by PARU Telecom Networks, LLC »
Bad command or file name

Eraiya

« Reply #913 on: July 13, 2011, 01:18:27 AM »
Oh, Eraiyna has no relation to MotK; she's just someone I've known for a long time. Fanciful_Ghost isn't one, particular person, but instead a spare account of mine; I give the name and password away to people from time to time when they'd like to play, but can't afford the game or aren't sure if they want to spend money on it or not. I'd say at least five different people, if not more, have logged into this server with that account!

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #914 on: July 13, 2011, 01:27:30 AM »
For reference, here is a map from east to west with a 1000-radius border.

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/9580/testmap.png

A 2000 radius would provide a VERY reasonable play area.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #915 on: July 13, 2011, 01:30:13 AM »
For reference, here is a map from east to west with a 1000-radius border.

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/9580/testmap.png

A 2000 radius would provide a VERY reasonable play area.
I can approve a 4000 x 4000 play area. Large and allows for some exploration.
Bad command or file name

« Reply #916 on: July 13, 2011, 01:30:28 AM »

We might not need BorderCraft at all. Perhaps we can suggest that people not wander too far. I, myself, like to scout out a fair amount of space for my projects, but I try to keep them close to "community" areas.

I established a base roughly 3500 blocks from the spawn, and it took a little while to get there. As long as people don't venture beyond 2500 blocks from the spawn, the map size shouldn't be too bad.

By the way, EP's list is based upon the current hierarchy on DDR's server.

« Reply #917 on: July 13, 2011, 01:33:56 AM »
haiguize. Yeah, minecraft yeah!  :V

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #918 on: July 13, 2011, 01:35:22 AM »
haiguize. Yeah, minecraft yeah!  :V
Hey Seamoeba! I've added you to the playerlist.
We're contemplating abandoning this server for good and starting fresh due to recent troubles, though, so I wouldn't build anything too fancy.
Bad command or file name

« Reply #919 on: July 13, 2011, 01:40:50 AM »
Hey Seamoeba! I've added you to the playerlist.
We're contemplating abandoning this server for good and starting fresh due to recent troubles, though, so I wouldn't build anything too fancy.

Ah, well I might just build a house, the creepers are watching meeeeeee...

pineyappled

« Reply #920 on: July 13, 2011, 01:44:24 AM »
Could we set a /warp up to the community house that isn't covered by bedrock?

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #921 on: July 13, 2011, 01:46:56 AM »
Could we set a /warp up to the community house that isn't covered by bedrock?
We can't.
(1) Only DDR can /setwarp
(2) Griefers in sphere can use ANY warp to get out of their punishment zone
Bad command or file name

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
« Reply #922 on: July 13, 2011, 01:58:07 AM »
ITT we strongly encourage tight urbanization as a means to preserve the envinronment(also knows as "server").

Well the massiveasfuck tower I was going to build and plan on building on the new server if/when it's up was 30 blocks wide at the base.
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

« Reply #923 on: July 13, 2011, 02:09:53 AM »
time to plan a new and better nightclub?

Eraiya

« Reply #924 on: July 13, 2011, 02:11:37 AM »
I'm really late posting this, but DDR was just online and viewing this thread, then left without a word... I remember that happening yesterday, too...
Ah well...

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #925 on: July 13, 2011, 02:24:14 AM »
Ah, well I might just build a house, the creepers are watching meeeeeee...
Also, watch out for NINJA SPIDERS! (aka, regular spiders that stay above your door out of sight, then pounce when you leave)

This new server sounds good. Everything will be reset (which means I'll be able to navigate as you guys go along) >.<

EDIT: Also, to note on those performance patches, I'm getting lots of transparent spots, where I can see through, say, the ground.
Like this.
Happens on Single and Multiplayer.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 02:29:05 AM by Agent of the BSoD »
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #926 on: July 13, 2011, 02:28:28 AM »
I do feel bad for DDR and I appreciate him hosting the server for us, I had fun with it for a while.

But the floodgates were opened, griefers tore everything apart, and he didn't take fast or drastic enough action to correct it, so now the server is in a state of chaos. We'd rather just start fresh with a thorough security setup.

« Reply #927 on: July 13, 2011, 02:37:49 AM »
I do feel bad for DDR and I appreciate him hosting the server for us, I had fun with it for a while.

But the floodgates were opened, griefers tore everything apart, and he didn't take fast or drastic enough action to correct it, so now the server is in a state of chaos. We'd rather just start fresh with a thorough security setup.
As do I. I've had my ups and downs on the server... but overall, I can say that I enjoyed my time there.

In my opinion, the problem was in his abandonment of the server once the Mods were instated. That would have been tolerable, if the Mods could have maintained the security and integrity of the server. It just seems like his priorities shifted in favor of the group that causes us problems..

Hopefully this new beginning will give us the stability we've been wanting for the past few weeks.  That said, I'm going on one last sight-seeing tour.

« Reply #928 on: July 13, 2011, 02:41:28 AM »
i wanna join ! in the sight seeing... even tho itsn ot gunna be much

Bio

• resident walker
« Reply #929 on: July 13, 2011, 03:26:27 AM »
So new server?

If you're using phoenix; stationaryWater = stationaryLava. Invert everything, i.e. ores spawn 64-128 and lava spawns 90-128. Then set the fractures high.
DO IT. Since you are making a "normal word" alongside anyway.

Yeah, go ahead and build a close town, just don't make it totally flat. I still want to build secret conspiracy mountain homes and stuff.
We might not need BorderCraft at all. Perhaps we can suggest that people not wander too far. I, myself, like to scout out a fair amount of space for my projects, but I try to keep them close to "community" areas.
):
Solitude.