Author Topic: Bardiche's Vanilla Mafia Thread (FORK > SPOON, Mafia win)  (Read 31847 times)

Re: Bardiche's Vanilla Mafia Thread (It Can Be D2 Naow)
« Reply #120 on: October 30, 2010, 07:54:27 PM »
Pretty much out of all the people who voted Pesco yesterday, Polaris is the one that least likely deserves to live for it. Granted, that's not saying much, since it's voting Pesco, but you get what I mean. It's nothing personal, but seeing Polly's hammer just hits me somewhere. I can really see where Nobu was coming from when Polly was being voted for Insincerity.

Quote from: Polly
I wasn't feeling too sure about Pesco, but now that I pay close attention to him
This is the kind of thing a person knowing they were voting town would say when making a hammer. The whole post just feels like he's trying to say "Okay, guys, don't blame me if this doesn't work out."

Like, argh, you get what I'm saying?
##Vote: Polaris

@Huhwhat: I disagree about the bussing point you make. Nobu's jump off onto PX does seem to signal that He didn't want to be on the Polly wagon anymore (The reason given was because "he didn't want to look like he's tunnling" But that really didn't necessitate a vote change). And when you started poking him for that, He switched his vote to you, and didn't bring it back to Polly until late enough in the day that only one of you or Pesco would be lynched.

I'm also still annoyed by Kimblee. In the (admittedly likely) Chance that Nobu isn't Polly's scum partner, than I'm certain Kimblee is. I'm specifically talking about his response to Affinity, where he had to be prodded to vote, and ended up on the Pesco Wagon.

IBakaChan

« Reply #121 on: October 30, 2010, 07:58:40 PM »
My sudden Pesco-vote is pretty much the result of me being uncertain and just picking one out of the people that seemed scummy.

The reason for me voting so late is because I wanted to place one vote, and then rather not change unless it was absolutely needed. That's how I play.

« Reply #122 on: October 30, 2010, 08:10:52 PM »
You can't act with uncertainty and hesitation. Even though your heart may be clouded by lies, it is your duty to strike through the lies, and bring the true to light. The reason you should vote is because you are uncertain. If you do nothing, you will learn nothing, and remain confused. That does not lead to a town win. That only leads to lost time. And lost time is what make for a scum win.

That is why your actions are anti-town, and why your need to be prodded for a vote is scummy.

This also probably explains my case on Polly better than I made it in my previous post as well. You can't stride forth with uncertainty, confusion and insincerity in your posts. If you aren't willing to take a bold step to the truth, then there is no chance you'll be able to find it.

« Reply #123 on: October 30, 2010, 08:44:32 PM »
fffff forgetting to unvote how embarrassing ;_;

Kimblee does feel like scum with his vague (?) posts and the noncommittal (?) vote. However, those are also the characteristics of a cautious newbie (something I can relate to), so I'm going to wait for some more posts before I make a proper decision. At the moment he's only second on my scum list.

...of course as cautious newbscum he may have nightkilled Affinity for putting the most pressure on him, but that's slightly on the edge of a WIFOM argument so I'll stop there.

Serela feels more suspicious because his vote on Pesco seems more like a bandwagon than anything else. His opinion on Kimblee feels kind of watery with "obv.nub" changing to "lurky nib(...)neutral" in the same post, but idk is that just reading too far into it? (and then there's Zakeri with the "don't be uncertain" post so ;_; ) ##Vote: NeoSerela

PeX is borderline because it looks like he's trying, but at the same time he doesn't say much. But I guess that would be hypocritical of me as I haven't done too much either.

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #124 on: October 30, 2010, 08:50:36 PM »
Kiro's been lurking all of D1, never once providing input or original opinions. He's stayed to the side-- sigh, I know, I can't lynch him.

#

OFFICIAL MOD'S VOTECOUNT: (With more flavour than Kiro!)
Solf J. Kimblee (1): PX
Polly (2): Huh what, Zakeri
NeoSerela (1): Polly

Not voting: Solf J. Kimblee, NeoSerela, Nobuko

With seven musicians, you need four to jam someone in the slammer.

About 65 hours, give or take, remain.

#

A stern reminder that editing of posts is not permitted in this game. I will be lenient and let it off with a warning this one time, however, the next person to edit their post will be modkilled. It does not matter whether the post was edited accidentally, intentionally or due to their little nine-year-old niece who doesn't speak English hijacking the computer and editing your Mafier post in jest. I will also not hold regard for whether you've never done it before or not; this warning is readable by all and thus counts as a warning to all.

You have been warned sternly, with as stern a face as I can muster.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #125 on: October 31, 2010, 02:04:15 AM »
Uh... Hello?

*prods everyone*

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #126 on: October 31, 2010, 03:10:35 AM »
Just wanted to give the heads up that I won't really have time to do proper Mafier until tomorrow evening most likely. I want to make a post before bed, but my ability to do so is kinda up in the air right now and i'm not sure if i'll be able to.
Tumblr (sometimes NSFW) | PM for Facebook

« Reply #127 on: October 31, 2010, 02:53:09 PM »
It's been over 20 hours, and my opinion has barely changed. All of you are bad people.

Bardiche

« Reply #128 on: October 31, 2010, 03:08:53 PM »
Daylight savings? So, like, that means they get an extra hour, right? I have no idea.

#

OFFICIAL MOD'S VOTECOUNT: (With more flavour than Kiro!)
Polly (2): Huh what, Zakeri

Not voting: Solf J. Kimblee, NeoSerela, Nobuko

Seven alive, so four make a lynch.

Around 46 hours remain in this day.

#

I will prod whenever someone passes 24 hours with no post. Relevant prods have been sent, with the eye on others. Please try not to let it come to me sending mass prods out.

« Reply #129 on: October 31, 2010, 08:32:07 PM »
It's been over 20 hours, and my opinion has barely changed. All of you are bad people.
Same here, pretty much. Polly's new post has not done anything to make me feel any better about him, as all his opinions remain indecisive ("Kimblee could be scum oh but he could also be newb but I'm not going to decide yet oh but he's still second on my scum list" in particular seems waffly to me) and I am having trouble seeing his Serela case at all because of this.

« Reply #130 on: October 31, 2010, 08:42:08 PM »
Well if I vote him for making newb mistakes then I'd feel like a hypocrite since I've also made newb mistakes :ohdear:

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #131 on: November 01, 2010, 01:13:16 AM »
Prod repellent post

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #132 on: November 01, 2010, 01:32:07 AM »
Okay, uh, I can kind of understand why you would make a flat out Prod-Avoidance post considering the extreme low activity today (It doesn't help that MotK was broken for like half the day), but do you really have NOTHING else to say PX? You offered a short blurb about Solf on d2 start, and that's about it.

...come to think of it, you did quite little on D1 as well! Self-vote in rvs shenanigans, A short blurb on RVS shenanigans after rvs ends, and then you answered Nobu's question on how you feel about me.

And that's about it. And yet you very blatantly show you have nothing else to say about all of D1 except for a tiny blurb on Solf. I know there's a lot of lurking going on this game (And yes, I'm a part of it, oh well), but even when you are here you seem to be making a point of doing as little as possible. I find it hard to believe this is just because you're new, as last game you showed that you could certainly make decent posts and cases. What I'm seeing is lurky scum trying to breeze through.

##Vote:PX

Polly looks quite normal townie Polly to me atm, yes I know that's kind of vague and undescriptive and laced with meta, but I feel Polly is town and trying to do a good job.

Need to reread everyone else still.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #133 on: November 01, 2010, 01:49:42 AM »
yes I know that's kind of vague and undescriptive and laced with meta
If you're going to give Polly a pass over his townie meta, I'd just like to point out that he doesn't even have scum meta to compare it to right now. :x

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
Re: Bardiche's Vanilla Mafia Thread (Day 1 has begun)
« Reply #134 on: November 01, 2010, 02:14:49 AM »
Can't always explain away scummy behavior as noob behavior though Polly. We've all done scummy things in the past, but it doesn't mean we should avoid voting for it if we see it. :P

Sorry for being away, whee party/convention/halloween shenanigans. Surprised there isn't more to look through, but I'm probably not the only one with the busy weekend. I don't expect any major interruptions from here on out at least.

##Vote: Polly

My top candidate is Polly with Serela tagging closely behind, and feeling a good likelihood of them being scumpartners. Confident enough in Polly's scummitude to put him at L-1. Unlike Zakeri, it seems more likely to me that Polly/Serela are the scumpartners as opposed to Polly/Kimblee. Aside from being the scummiest in my eyes, none of the attention that Polly's focused on Serela thus far seem to have any backbone. Here's my elaboration and catch-up post:

Polly:

Agreeing with Zakeri's point of Polly's hammer being suspicious, for one. Also,

Kimblee does feel like scum with his vague (?) posts and the noncommittal (?) vote. However, those are also the characteristics of a cautious newbie (something I can relate to), so I'm going to wait for some more posts before I make a proper decision. At the moment he's only second on my scum list.

...of course as cautious newbscum he may have nightkilled Affinity for putting the most pressure on him, but that's slightly on the edge of a WIFOM argument so I'll stop there.

What are those question marks about, Polly? That you're not sure Kimblee is being vague or non-commital, or what? And that second line: "slightly on the edge of a WIFOM argument so I'll stop there". Stop? You've already gone and said it. And I don't like this whole 'I'm only putting him second because he might be cautious newbie', then immediately going 'Well, newbiescum would do the same thing' the next line. You've essentially said nothing about Kimblee here, but you still managed to say more (or imply more at least, compared to Serela who you voted.

And plainly put, your vote on Serela doesn't feel like it has any backbone. Nor do any of your statements for that matter. And you've only ever mentioned PX, Serela, Kimblee and Pesco this game so far in the few posts you've made. With two of the major bandwagons for D1 being me and huhwhat, that's pretty weird to me.

Serela:

Serela's long-awaited #107 did bring up a good point about Affinity, misrepping Kimblee's reporter-esque #93-94. However, when you actually take a closer look at the post, Serela hardly said a thing. The ONLY thing that wasn't blatantly obvious from a first read is pointing out Affinity's #93-94 as somewhat misrepping Kimblee's reporter-esque views. Even this seems forced, like Neo gave up after finding the first thing that stood out and gave up, delegating everything else to those rereads he's so fond of. If I could vote for both you and Polly right now, I would. But since this is boring vanilla mafia jk ilu Bard I can't do that, and put Polly slightly above you.

The Rest:

PX hasn't given us much to work with, and has been lurking fairly hard. I'd put him above Kimblee here because at least Kimblee has been giving us *something*. Kimblee's #93-94, though a bit superfluous with all the 'good's that Affinity pointed out, gives more real input than PX and Serela combined so far. Compare Kimblee's #93-94 and Serela's #107: at least Kimblee mentions some specifics despite not elaborating on why they're good or bad. I get the impression that she's a newer player that's trying, as opposed to a scummy player trying to avoid specifics.

Zakeri: God damn that Puyo Fever Orin tugs on my heartstrings every time I see it. I love PPF-style art too much. Sorry, but I just had to get that out. Anyway...  You sorta scare me because I can tell how good your Mafia skills are, which makes me worry since if you were scum I might never be able to tell. :derp: But I've seen nothing that would make me suspect you at this point.

Huh what: Honestly feeling a bit sheepish about turning my guns on you D1, since now I feel like you're the strongest candidate for Town behind Zakeri.

Ninja'd by Serela + PX: This... doesn't really change anything except make me feel like it's slightly more likely Serela/Polly are the scum team. Of course, Lazy!Serela would probably comment on the current bandwagon leader regardless of alignment, but it seems perfectly plausible for Scum!Lazy!Serela to give a pass to his scumbuddy that's at L-2, build up a counterwagon on the easiest target, and save everyone else for later.

« Reply #135 on: November 01, 2010, 03:11:06 AM »
Question marks are word choice. I wasn't sure if there was a better word for it, but either way I should've clarified that.

I didn't feel that either you or huh what was scummy at all, considering you two were pretty actively participating and scumhunting.

With the current people alive so far, if I put down you two and Zakeri as town, then we have Serela, Pex, and Solf (not Kimblee anymore since he's changing names all over the place) as the remaining.

« Reply #136 on: November 01, 2010, 04:37:27 AM »
A Serela/Polly scumteam is fairly illogical, imo, on the basis that Serela looked a lot better than Polly at the start of today and therefore Polly attempting to bus Serela like he would be right now would be a fairly poor move for scum compared to having Serela bus Polly, assuming they wanted to bus somebody.

Anyway, I did a re-read. First of all, I was wrong about what I said Nobu's Pesco near-jump being unchoreographed, since he previously talked about Pesco in #70. Apologizing for the forgetful misrep. Not understanding why PX is randomly getting so much grace on further review, the post where he jumped on Pesco was essentially just IIoA and parroting me, and yet Kimblee's Pesco jump has gotten more flak because she delayed it. It doesn't help that PX was waffly-acting about the Serela IIoA in #76 when Zakeri pressed him, and when I press him again he says that Serela is near the top of his chart despite previously saying he felt inconclusive about Serela (more waffling). He pretty much had no presence for the rest of the day either... you know, actually, PX looks like major lurkscum to me. I'm liking Serela a bit more for being the only person to actually pursue him.

##Unvote
##Vote PX

Will switch back to Polly to avoid nl if necessary, but PX looks the worst to me now. I think he should be getting more attention than Kimblee, even.

« Reply #137 on: November 01, 2010, 04:41:08 AM »
Also, his activity today is bad for reasons I shouldn't even need to explain. The least he could do would be to give opinions on somebody other than Kimblee rather than making a post with nothing in it to dodge prods.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #138 on: November 01, 2010, 05:56:10 AM »
Serious Time

NeoSerela: You seriously do suck at RVS. I cannot tell if post #23 is supposed to be serihttp://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php?action=post;topic=7485.100;num_replies=137ous or joke. Hm... after reading your follow up post, you definitely look much better. At least you admitted you sucked.

huh what: Town

Zakeri: Your experience shows in your posts, and you've showed nothing but solid advice and cases. Definitely Town. If you end up scum, I'm going to be scared of you.

Sleep time, more to come when I wake up and after school.

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
« Reply #139 on: November 01, 2010, 09:34:50 AM »
Shut up, I don't know what to write here. I'm too high to care.

CO-MOD'S VOTECOUNT: (way higher than Bard!)
Polly (2): Huh what, Zakeri, Nobuko
PX (2): NeoSerela, huh what

Not voting: Solf J. Kimblee

Seven alive, so four make a lynch.

Around 28 hours remain in this day.

EDIT: Solf J. Kimblee has been prodded.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 09:42:56 AM by Kiro »

IBakaChan

« Reply #140 on: November 01, 2010, 10:07:03 AM »
Gaaahh, why do I keep forgetting about this ; n;

Sorry guys, but real life is calling. I thought I would be able to be more active here because it's autumn break, but apparantly not.

I quit. My apologies.

Bardiche

« Reply #141 on: November 01, 2010, 04:46:09 PM »
Roukanken will be substituting for Kimblee. I apologise for the situation guys, and hope it won't negatively affect play.
If anyone has issues with this, take 'em up with me in private.

OFFICIAL MOD'S VOTECOUNT: (Tired of one-upping you, Kiro :<)

Not voting: Solf J. KimbleeRoukanken, PX

Four votes are required to achieve majority. There should be seven votes to go around.

Around 21 hours remain in this day.

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #142 on: November 01, 2010, 05:05:04 PM »
I suppose you're right about the logical bussing scenario Huhwhat, and this latest post by PX just seems to drive your point home. What possible use is there to state "Hey Serela you suck at RVS btw" at this point, aside from padding your post/word count? :/

And I can't help but wonder if he just completely lifted what he had to say about Zakeri and Huhwhat from my last post. Even went so far as to say "I'd be scared if Zakeri is scum because he's good" in the same way that I did, and conspicuously leaving any reasoning as to why huhwhat was town the same way I did.

In light of this I think I'll have to switch Serela and PX on my tier list, to make it Polly, PX, Serela as my top three picks. I'm hesitant to put PX over Polly at this point, but that might change after I compare the two of them a little later on. At the moment though, keeping my vote where it is.

As for Kimblee, I have no idea. Doubly unsure of how to even scrutinize a replacement, but I guess the only thing to do is wait to see what Rou has to produce.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #143 on: November 01, 2010, 05:30:59 PM »
Alright people, the day has been saved. It's time to read this topic and figure out what the hell is going on. Apologies for wordswordswords - I was trying to work on NaNoWriMo when I got told to replace, so I'm in a rambling mood. :V

Immediately reading over D1, I'm very confused by the interactions between Neo and HW. In 25 HW basically rages at Neo about bussing way too early and then doesn't actually drop a vote, instead keeping it on PX (who from what I've read thus far looks like the obligatory clueless newcomer). Saying words and not actually staking a claim to them with a vote = scummy. It doesn't help that in 29 he states again that he's being serious with the accusation...but evidently not serious enough to be worth a vote. He changes later, but only after a long, convoluted argument with Neo which basically gives him no choice but to hang on.

Then what happens? He drops the case and jumps on Pesco for hypocrisy. Hypocrisy which, really, I'm not seeing - Pesco said that the Neo/HW argument was useless fluff with the 'you guys post too much' point, so this just feels like a bad excuse to jump away from Neo. I'm wondering about a Neo/HW pair here based on the way they sort of swerve around each other here.

Next post of note to me is PX's 73, for being very unoriginal and copycopycopypeoplearevotingPescosolet'svotePesco. Then later he explains why Neo is the scummiest player around and, uh...keeps his vote on Pesco?

HW throws out some nice hypocrisy in 83.
Quote from: huh what
Prod votes are scummy because they allow scum to place their vote on a player without giving out a proper case on them or holding onto opinions. They are not even proper methods of pressure because when the target returns you're obligated to remove your vote and have effectively just gone through a stretch of time without doing anything of note.
So what exactly does your vote on Pesco count as, then? You were effectively prodding him for his lack of contribution, while moving away from your earlier 'serious' Neo case.

OK, looking over the current cases on Polly/PX. Firstly, if I have learned anything from Kefit and Alice screaming at me when Town loses for the umpteenth time because we lynched a 'lurker', it's that lurking on D1 is not in and of itself bad. The only problem I have with him is in his hammer post, when after his explanation for why he suddenly doesn't like Pesco he says
Quote from: Polly
Considering he'll be lynched regardless, this doesn't really change anything.
Then why did you say it? If you think he's scum, surely this line is totally unnecessary for you to write. It's a semantics point, though, and IMO not enough to really earn him a vote.

Of the two cases tied up front right now, I prefer PX based on 73 which is blatant I THINK NEO IS WORSE THAN PESCO BUT I WILL VOTE PESCO ANYWAY. What has me cautious, though, is that Neo and HW have both dropped votes on him, because I am still very uncomfortable with their interactions early D1 and their movements afterward.

HW: ATTACK FOR JOKEVOTE BECAUSE I AM SERIOUS EXCEPT APPARENTLY NOT SERIOUS ENOUGH TO VOTE AND OH LOOK PESCO DID SOMETHING PETTY BETTER DISREGARD THIS ENTIRELY.

Neo: JOKEVOTE, GET CAUGHT UP IN PETTY DEBATE, PROCEED TO DO NOTHING FOR ALMOST THE ENTIRE DAY, JUMP ON POPULAR WAGON AT END OF DAY, THEN JUMP ON NEWBIE FOR LURKING WHEN ALMOST EVERYONE ELSE IS LURKING AS WELL.

Since it's already late in the day and I want to get a lynch from this, ##Vote: NeoSerela. I'd like HW, but I'm not sure how likely it is given the current rate of activity. :|

« Reply #144 on: November 01, 2010, 05:42:50 PM »
It doesn't help that in 29 he states again that he's being serious with the accusation...but evidently not serious enough to be worth a vote.
I thought I was pretty clear that I did not vote Serela because I thought PX's selfvote was more anti-town than what Serela was doing at that point. (Also Kimblee was the clueless newbie here, PX has at least been in another game before.)

Pesco said that the Neo/HW argument was useless fluff with the 'you guys post too much' point, so this just feels like a bad excuse to jump away from Neo.
I gathered that he was saying that we posted too much and he didn't want to read it rather than that it was fluff. If he actually meant what you were saying, he should have worded it more clearly.

So what exactly does your vote on Pesco count as, then? You were effectively prodding him for his lack of contribution, while moving away from your earlier 'serious' Neo case.
That's a misrep. I mainly voted Pesco for hypocrisy and seeming opportunistic. The prod on him for pretty much doing nothing came a while before I actually voted him and was primarily out of irritation.

Firstly, if I have learned anything from Kefit and Alice screaming at me when Town loses for the umpteenth time because we lynched a 'lurker', it's that lurking on D1 is not in and of itself bad.
Isn't that only supposed to apply if they actually had good content when they did post? PX and Polly most certainly did not.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #145 on: November 01, 2010, 06:57:10 PM »
That's a misrep. I mainly voted Pesco for hypocrisy and seeming opportunistic. The prod on him for pretty much doing nothing came a while before I actually voted him and was primarily out of irritation.
From how I read your 54 the main point seemed to be the fact he hadn't posted based on the use of bold. I did sort of read the entire topic in one run to try and get a good idea of what's going on, so the bold caught my eye there, and I thought your hypocrisy was a lurker calling out a lurker for lurking (which apparently seems to be a case of differing opinions when it comes to Pesco and his clarity).

Isn't that only supposed to apply if they actually had good content when they did post? PX and Polly most certainly did not.
Quote from: Kefit
You guys should be figuring out by now that I only post when I have something meaningful to say. This means that I generally avoid the crapshoot that is day one.
This is Kefit talking postgame after Haruhi Mafia, where his only contribution to the entire D1 was this. Now, I'm willing to agree that if lurkers proceed to offer nothing of use when D2 comes around then it's time to start getting suspicious, but Polly has been trying (albeit poorly) and honestly even if you say PX has been in one previous game terms like 'YOU SUCK AT RVS' don't really sound like they're coming from an experienced player.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #146 on: November 01, 2010, 08:25:37 PM »
Quote from: Rou
Now, I'm willing to agree that if lurkers proceed to offer nothing of use when D2 comes around then it's time to start getting suspicious
And this is exactly what's going on right now, really.

Oh, PX has a new post! Lets see.

"Neo you suck at RVS"

"Huhwhat: Town" <--- And that's not even shorthand, that's literally all he said.

"Zak:Town because etc. insert reasons here that are fine"

The Zak part is like, the only good part of that post. And if you're scum, it's not like it's hard to say someone is towny. He didn't even give anything about WHY he thinks Huhwhat is town, he just went... yeah.

erms like 'YOU SUCK AT RVS' don't really sound like they're coming from an experienced player.
As I said, judging from last game, I think PX has the ability to contribute a lot more then he is now. He's inexperienced, yes, but he's shown before that he's able to do a lot more then he's putting out right now.

If PX flips scum, this will pretty much confirm Huhwhat as town to me, and then with knowledge of my own/PX's alignment and a good case on huhwhat's, I definitely think Rou is scum (Suggesting me/huhwhat scumteam and chainsaw defending PX against us while saying he doesn't like PX, or something like that, that's what I get if I try to put my feelings into words). But that's only if PX flips scum so this paragraph is all just whateverthewordforitis so w/e I'll deal with that d3
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #147 on: November 02, 2010, 01:25:42 AM »
Quote from: PX
Dear Scum,

I think you should try to Lynch NeoSerela while people are still confused on his alignment.
Also, Please nightkill Zakeri and Huhwhat, okay?

Love, Your Buddy

That's nice, PX, but who do you think we should try to lynch?
I didn't consider you an option between Kimblee and Polly today, but I just noticed you do need a solid prod as well.

I'll admit that I skipped Nobu's post 134 and read only that he voted Polly, but his 142 did bring the rest of the post to attention. I reread this page again, and I do think it's highly suspect the way PX seemed to try and copy Nobu on his non-scum reads. that post is nothing more than a useless anti-prod post that tries (and fails) to imitate the idea of being an active participant in conversation. This isn't just scummy. This isn't just newbie scum either. This is full blown lazyscum.

I'm slightly more confident that there wouldn't be a Polly/Nobu scumteam now. That doesn't mean I don't think Polly is scum, though. He and PX Both seem to be doing whatever they can to fly under the radar, picking up the prods whenever someone hands them out. I definitely think we've had sufficient Lurker Scum this game. I'm not just throwing that term around solely because I want people to talk post more content (Though, I really do.)

As for Rou's case on huhwhat, I don't really see how huhwhat demonstrated inconsistency with a town-mindset in the first part of day one (With the minor exception of PX possibly being an opportunistic vote.) I went back to reread Pesco's 55 with the explanation you gave us, and it surprised me how well it connected. I had completely missed that, and I even attempted to address it in my posts. It's possible that his vote on Pesco was another opportunistic vote, but I still think town and scum alike would have jumped all over him if they didn't make the connection (I know I wanted to). Kimblee also stated that he didn't believe there was anyone worth voting at the beginning of the game, which meant that he at the time held the exact same opinion Pesco did.

The case on NeoSerela as far as I can see it is the same case on PX and Polaris, except that NeoSerela looks better than them. There's also Rou's scumpairs theory, except that I don't like the idea of deciding on scumpairs and then going "Since I think they're both scum, it doesn't matter which one I vote." That's putting a little too much faith into cardflips that we haven't gotten yet. Right now the only reason to consider scumpairs is to figure out which of the more likely options gives us the most information.

In short, I'd rather see a lynch of PX or Polly over that of NeoSerela, but only just barely.

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
« Reply #148 on: November 02, 2010, 01:26:07 AM »
Exercise your rights people! Remember, tomorrow is Voting Day. And your say will have an enormous impact on fiscal and public policy and... wait... am I at the right rally? This is only about Vanilla Mafia? Oh well, uh... whatever you 7 are arguing about, I don't really care. But yea, rock the vote!

---

CO-MOD'S VOTECOUNT: (Sponsored by Netizens for Yes on Prop 19)

NeoSerela (2): Polly, Roukanken
Solf J. Kimblee (0): PX

Not voting: PX

PX: Looks like Bardiche removed your vote when Roukanken replaced Kimblee. You need to recast your vote.

A simple majority of 4 is needed for a lynch.
Spoiler:
Unless you want to be like California with a 2/3 majority requirement to pass a budget unless Prop 25 passes.

Around 12 hours remain in this day.[/color]

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #149 on: November 02, 2010, 03:36:12 AM »
Honestly, at this point i'm seeing a PX lynch slightly over a Polly lynch, as both are looking pretty scummy here what with providing zero real content in their posts, and his flip seems like it would give us more to work with regardless of alignment.

##Unvote
##Vote: PX

I don't think Scum!PX would make Rou the clear-cut scum choice like Serela's last post would want us to believe though. Serela 146 last post still contributes nothing but rehashing the situation, although 132 would be a point in his favor.