Author Topic: MotK Psycho Plot Mafia ~ Game Over, Town Win  (Read 49724 times)

Kabuto

• Kabuto
Re: MotK Psycho Plot Mafia ~ Day 1, start!
« Reply #90 on: October 10, 2010, 06:14:32 PM »
Gosh guys I think I got lost on my way to the thread and somehow you ended up with some confusing business! I'll do the best that I can to catch up but sorry if I accidentally overlook something!

Eve is kinda weird since her post kinda makes sense, but then she goes and vanishes when called out. It's hard to say what she could be with just that post but I'd like to think she's more on the town side!

Moving on to Drake's "chop chop" post which I'd say was just worded suspiciously, so it makes sense that Donut called him out for it. I agree with people about Kilga bandwagoning though, so I'd say Kilga is the most suspicious by the end of page 2.

Val seems like she's newb, looking at how she voted Slaves and didn't unvote before moving on to Kilga! (Both are jokeposts by the way) So anything that looks suspicious could be potentially passed off for newb/bad play, so I won't target her until we've got some more stuff.

Wrathie's posts are kind of confusing!

Looking at page 3 now, Pesco's posts make him look like he was being cautious. Still suspicious of Kilga.

Hi Alice! Alice makes his post all smart-like but what's weird is that he votes the same person as Kilga does, but fails to take note of the Kilga case, whose wagon is arguably one of the more prominent ones. >:<

OH MAN I JUST REALIZED EVE L. DUEHR = EVILDOER. :O

Wrathie is kind of cool despite being impossible to read! He stays kinda consistent with his case, although I disagree with the case on Eve. :<

It's kinda funny how Mode draws connections between Donut and Val considering the Donut x Val shenanigans that went on a while ago from Inaba Game! But I still want to pass off Val's posts as newb.

I'm pretty sure I skipped over a lot of stuff and I didn't really contribute too much, but for now I think that Kilga is the better lynch for today!

##Vote: Kilga

Kiva-la

• Kiva-la
« Reply #91 on: October 10, 2010, 06:56:56 PM »
Mask is coming off for this post, since time is starting to wind down and I want to be as clear as possible.

Not liking Sana's latest post here, it seems unnecessarily reportery and fluffy and his only reason for voting Kilga is because he bandwagoned, which has been discussed plenty and I happen to agree with Kilga and Mode that he explained himself to satisfaction. Hell, I thought he explained himself to satisfaction in his purported bandwagon vote post. Not being the first person on a train does not make someone scummy - I want to see a better case than that. Why was he mindlessly bandwagoning instead of making a thought-out vote that just happened to have other people on the train first?

##Unvote, ##Vote: Pesco

I probably should have done this to begin with instead of making the Mode stopover, but even if my vote didn't belong here before, it certainly does now.

Vote is coming off of Mode for posting something worthwhile, though I kinda think that ultimately landing on Valentia is a meaningless gesture at an easy target. (Though I suppose there certainly is enough turnaround time that the unexpected could still happen.) I kinda wish her vote had landed on Donut and not Valentia after she spent most of her post admonishing Donut but that may just be personal preference speaking.

Vote moves to Pesco for all the reasons I stated prior. (Look at Post 65. Now at Post 69. Now back to me.) Tacked onto that now is his "defense" against Kilga's delay accusation, where he accuses Kilga of the same thing. The difference in those two cases is that Kilga's vote had been sitting on Drake prior, and it is fairly obvious that the Drake unvote stemmed from Drake's explanatory post. In short, something important-to-Kilga's-vote-status happened between Kilga's two posts, whereas nothing important-to-Pesco's-vote-status happened between Pesco's two posts. This is a non-defense against a good accusation, and piling this on top of Pesco's other transgressions tells me that he's the best lynch candidate for today.

Also I will admit an extra bit of wariness with Sana's very sketchy vote on someone I think to be town pushing that person ahead of someone I think to be scum.

Kiva-la

• Kiva-la
« Reply #92 on: October 10, 2010, 07:03:35 PM »
EBWOP: For the record, "personal preference" refers to Mode spending most of her post on breaking down Donut's argument and then veering off and voting Valentia instead. It does not refer to whom I would rather see lynched.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #93 on: October 10, 2010, 07:08:49 PM »
Kilga and Pesco are at L-3!

Roughly 16 hours left.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Den-O

• Plat Form
« Reply #94 on: October 10, 2010, 11:20:06 PM »
Why are you lumping Trance, Pesco, and Sana together?  One of these things is not like the others.

Do you suspect Sana or Trance at all?

I'm lumping all three together due to inactivity; Pesco has responded more (Sana just did too) than the others, but the responses were subpar which is one of the reasons he's being voted for.

If we're coming down on Pesco or Kilga at this point (there's still some time left) I still think Kilga's a townie. We'll see if anything changes.

Sasword

• Sasword
« Reply #95 on: October 10, 2010, 11:47:31 PM »
Jeez, a  lot happened while I was gone. I'll try to keep this light without skipping too much, but go ahead and ask if you want me to weigh in on anything specific that I missed.

Re: Wrathie

oh good, the part i knew i had to type about. drake: to start, the ebil post was bad. not good. check the timestamp. 6 mins after trancy's vote is ebil one's. *chug* yaaa.... 6 mins. and vote reason is blanket statement about shameless badnwagon hop WIDTHOUT opinion on weather (hee hee intentional type-o go!), trance was being scummy or if it could habv been a townie mistake. evey is too knee-jerk in that post. i wish she would jerk.... uh... nvm. can the mod ban me for sexual harrassment? *sip* so yea, how does this apply to you drake? after donut's vote on you, i followed his lead a bit. your statement about me in numero 47 about evey having one of the better serious votes along with not pressing too hard on either thing was enough to make my vote on yu serious. thats what i think of about you cheerleading. i dun think you looked at the bigger picture about teh ebil one. care to disagree? *sip*

I actually didn't notice the timestamp. Though, in light of that Eve's actions also seems to me more like being overeager to find something that would allow her to slap a non-randomvote on the table. I still don't think that alone makes her the number 1 suspect, though disappearing off the face of the earth makes her look worse.

And the reason I pressed you and Val only to the extent that I did was because I felt like they were things that needed to be addressed, but it wasn't something yet worth moving my vote for. I still don't see how questioning people = cheerleading. Still a little leery of you, but satisfied enough to turn my attention elsewhere.

##Unvote

Also... do you seriously have to keep typing like that? >_>; Bogging down your posts with hard-to-read fluff does not help Town, and I doubt that it's a posting restriction what with the style inconsistency.

Re: Major bandwagons

I'm feeling much better about Kilga right now over Pesco. Kilga hasn't shied away from posting, he asks a lot of good questions, and his reasoning makes sense. Pesco on the other hand.. I generally agree with others' stances on Pesco, but here's something that stood out to me. Unsure if it's been mentioned already, but worth rehashing in my own words either way.

As I said in the other post, weak argument that feels like you are trying to hide the fact that you are jumping onto the wagon.

Speaking of weak arguments, this in particular really seems like reaching. I don't see how Kilga's vote and argument can be considered an attempt to hide the bandwagon hop,. And you never weighed in an opinion about Kuruminut (or Wrathie's) vs me despite our altercation being the staging ground for Kilga's supposed scummy behavior. Nor did you say what your actual thoughts were on Kuruminut or even any reasoning whatsoever as to why you think either of us were Town over Kilga!

##Vote: Pescohax

Re: Everything Else

Val's reasoning from her last post #61 just feels like sloppy reasoning to vote me.

Drake's so far, "give a reason" for voting really seems like a taunt everyone to begin talking and throwing random accusations around when drawing attention to himself seems odd.

Talking serves town, and how is getting people to talk possibly a bad thing? Same thing with prodding people to justify their votes. The only thing that seems odd to me here is why you possibly see that as odd.

What else. Oh hey, look. Sana decloaks after over 55 hours since the game started. Schfifty-five. That's more than five tens, and that's just ridiculously terrible. Then again, with both Eve and Trance being MIA for 43 hours, and Alice choosing to make her first post 43 hours into D1... I don't even know where to begin singling out people for lurking. To be quite honest, it irritates me just thinking about it. Is there a superdoc that can mass-protect from modkills or something? :/

Ouja

• Ouja
« Reply #96 on: October 10, 2010, 11:53:46 PM »
I'm lumping all three together due to inactivity; Pesco has responded more (Sana just did too) than the others, but the responses were subpar which is one of the reasons he's being voted for.
Making bad posts counts as inactivity?  Strange world.  And there was a second question affixed to the one you quoted that was more relevant but just fell off the radar.

Given that there are only about 12 hours left and most of them are overnight in North America, I don't see the wisdom in not pushing a wagon forward.

Skull

• Skull
« Reply #97 on: October 11, 2010, 01:38:07 AM »
you all get a reprieve in posting style as i am a bit preoccupied. don't worry; standard programming will resume tomorrow.

kilga's bandwagon hop due to lack of alternatives is meh, but pesco's reluctance to vote at post #55 after said hop, then voting after being verbally prodded by others looks more like a classic day 1 scum act.

pesco's vote in #72 is pretty low on content given he acknowledged he needed to actually vote. quick one-liner about how he thinks drake might be a townie. blanket statement considering the earlier debate about drake. gets on kilga's case for the proper reasons, but the whole post feels hollow when he could have voted earlier. also, in between #55 and #72, drake only made 1 post, #57, which was more of a clarification of his wrathie vote than anything else as well as a weird statement about how kilga's vote is better than nut's and mine's. if that's so, there would be some weird disconnect in why drake would say a person who you think is the one worth voting for had the best vote on drake; something you never addressed.

kilga later made the explanations for his actions and his progression from the drake vote to the pesco vote feels more earnest from #63-77.

given the 2 choices, i'm prepared to vote pesco, but will hold off on the L-1 vote in case one of trance or ebil or whoever else happens to drop in and haphazardly votes. i'm sure we'd all like pesco to roleclaim too. let's hear it.

##Unvote: Eve L. Duehr

Kick Hopper

• Kick Hopper
« Reply #98 on: October 11, 2010, 03:40:27 AM »
Sorry for the late response and inactivity, but I like taking my time with meaningful discussions, getting the full story before I put my two cents into it. Also, because I was reminded of what little time I have left.

Reading through this topic, it was all summarized by pretty much everyone on pages 3 and 4. So I will hold back on summarizing everything that has happened thus far. In other words, too long, didn't read, on to what I have to say.

First off

##Unvote Kilga

Now, on to Pescohax, who is the center of all the fire.

He has obviously tried to get something going against Kilga, but once he went under fire, he couldn't keep up something convincing. Out of everyone, he seems most like scum. So, without further ado,

##Vote Pescohax

On to the first night, and the next day!

Kick Hopper

• Kick Hopper
« Reply #99 on: October 11, 2010, 03:47:52 AM »
Also, just to clarify on my part, I'm refraining from talking about others simply because that has already been said and done by said others.

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #100 on: October 11, 2010, 04:00:57 AM »
Huh... wrathie just made me realize, my name sounds like Evildoer! Evelduehr... evildoer... aaah  :ohdear:

Well, I see someone who looks like a big scummy meanie! ##Unvote, ##Vote:Pescohax, and there we go; that should be the last vote needed, right? Well gratz Donut, you got your lynch! :toot:

Now to snuggle up in bed with my satori plushie and laptop, and lure myself to sleep looking at some old games that have happened around here... oh, this one has an interesting name! I can't wait to check it out!  :3 See you all tomorrow!

« Reply #101 on: October 11, 2010, 04:23:45 AM »
That's the hammer.

All good townies (and not completely bad scum) should now be quiet until Serela appears.

PM me that I edited this post a month or so later and you'll win absolutely nothing!
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 01:16:38 AM by huh what »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #102 on: October 11, 2010, 11:15:58 AM »
Pescohax the Mindhax was lynched! At the time of death, he had a Hijacker power item.

It is now Night 1. Send in your pms to me and Huhwhat for your night actions. Next day will start maybe 12 hours later in the day then this one did, so I can actually reliably be here for the ending :ohdear:

Flavor will come when I get back from school.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Re: MotK Psycho Plot Mafia ~ Night 1; late flavor, D2 starting soon
« Reply #103 on: October 12, 2010, 10:18:12 PM »
Everyone was in the main room of the mansion, the one with the grand stairway to the upstairs rooms, and the doors to outside. They had gathered to watch the lynching.

Actually, not everyone; Eve had already gone to bed, and wasn't present. Along with her strange behavior during the day, having not been present except for the beginning and jumping in at the end to hammer; not just quiet, but simply nowhere to be found... many were wondering what was up with her.

But they were distracted from these thoughts as the chosen lynch, Pesco, walked up to the door with a sign "Lynchee goes here". The intercom voice had earlier explained that the person chosen for the lynch simply had to enter through that door and close it behind them, and the rest would be taken care of.

Pesco, grumbling, opened the door and walked into a seemingly empty and quite small room, before closing the door behind him. A moment later, the spectators heard a noise like that of sliding wood, and then silence.

Sana walked up and opened the door, and the room was empty, spotless. He shut the door again, without entering, as the intercom came on.

"Pesco the Mindhax was lynched. You've lynched scum, good job! It is now night one. Everyone please enter your rooms, and, well; if you have any night actions, you'll know what to do from there."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Woooow late flavor. Anyway, Day 2 should be starting either in 44 minutes on the hour, or on the next hour. Results for night actions shall be sent out shortly.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 10:19:43 PM by NeoSerela »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #104 on: October 13, 2010, 12:30:08 AM »
Everyone woke up at about the same time, to pretty much the same thing; Sana screaming "GOOD GRAVY!" in a shrill voice.

Because when Sana went to Eve's room to see if she was awake to say Good Morning, he found Eve slumped on her bed in front of her laptop, a knife resting in one of her hands, and both wrists slit open.

The laptop was on the page Eve had said she was going to look at last night.

After everyone had rushed in and seen the body, Kilga broke the silence, frowning.

"...wait a second. Didn't this already happen...?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
They left Sana and Kilga in Eve's room, checking the rest of the bedrooms for any more dead bodies.

They found Alice lying on her bed, her face contorted in pain and her hands on her chest over her heart, where someone had stabbed her repeatedly with a pen.

And so, the 10 survivors went down the stairs to the lobby, realizing the situation they were in; this mafia game was much more real then the others they had (Or in several of their cases, hadn't) played. And more then one wondered what exactly had happened to Pesco last night, after going behind the Lynching Door.

The intercom came on.

"Well, that was informative in more ways then one, wasn't it? Now get to it. I suppose now I should mention that there's no way for anyone to leave without winning the game, first? And no, scum, the nightkill is NOT optional. If you don't do it, it will be done for you."

"Day two starts now. Good luck."

The intercom shut off, and the remaining ten players looked at eachother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Eve L. Duehr the Sacrificial Lamb was found dead.
Alice Boofybarn the Silent Contemplationist was killed during the night.

You have 72 hours.

Ouja

• Ouja
« Reply #105 on: October 13, 2010, 12:33:47 AM »
And no, scum, the nightkill is NOT optional. If you don't do it, it will be done for you."
That explains why the deaths were so awesome.

##Vote: Sana

Kiva-la

• Kiva-la
Re: MotK Psycho Plot Mafia ~ Day 2 starts now.
« Reply #106 on: October 13, 2010, 12:49:44 AM »
Look down. Back up. The Day 1 lynch is now scum! Anything is possible with the power of proper scumhunting. I'm on a wagon.

##Vote: Sana

Hello players. How are you? Fantastic. Does Sana look like town? No. Did he lurk a bunch through Day 1? Yes. Will he give up in the face of the incoming pressure? I don't know. Do you like good reasoning for votes from your fellow players? Do you want a player that looks like he's town by posting quality thought processes when he does post, including responding to counterarguments to his case that had already been posted by the time he posted the case he built with his own two hands? Of course you do.

SWAN DIVE! Into the most blatant wagon swing attempt I've seen in some time!

So players, should your fellow players try to look town?

You tell me.

(Non flavor: One meaningful post, full of not overly impressive content and a very lackluster vote that basically ignored the whole discussion on Kilga's purported bandwagon hop AND pushed the alternate case to a flipped scum ahead in the vote count.)

Skull

• Skull
« Reply #107 on: October 13, 2010, 01:54:20 AM »
♪You're caught in a trap
You can't walk out
Because you screwed up too much baby

Why can't you see
What your post* did to me
When I don't believe a word you say?

We can't go on together
With suspicious minds
And we must ##Vote: Sana
to quell suspicious minds♪

*said post contains late participation, reporter style fluff and a highly suspect vote away from confirmed scum close to day's end. townie discretion is advised.

Kick Hopper

• Kick Hopper
« Reply #108 on: October 13, 2010, 01:58:15 AM »
Let's run over that post all over again.

Sana comes in after disappearing for nearly all of the first day. First, let's start with this:

Gosh guys I think I got lost on my way to the thread and somehow you ended up with some confusing business! I'll do the best that I can to catch up but sorry if I accidentally overlook something!

Not much we can say here, so let's move on shall we?

Sana says that Kilga is most suspicious at the end of day two. Then talks about her opinion of the other participants.

Looking at page 3 now, Pesco's posts make him look like he was being cautious. Still suspicious of Kilga.

Now look at this. Defends Pesco, who turned out to be scum, and says she is suspicious of Kilga, with no explaination or reason at all. If that doesn't shout out suspicious, then someone hit me in the head with 2000 copies of the dictionary page containing the definition of the word.

Hi Alice! Alice makes his post all smart-like but what's weird is that he votes the same person as Kilga does, but fails to take note of the Kilga case, whose wagon is arguably one of the more prominent ones. >:<

And Alice died last night. Seeing as Pesco was pushing for a Kilga lynch, this definitely comes off as suspicious. Sana is just pushing for another attempt at a Kilga lynch.

And the rest of the post is absolutely worthless, as it brings nothing to the table. So, without further ado,

##Vote Sana Spice

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #109 on: October 13, 2010, 02:11:16 AM »
Holy crap, Votecount time!

Sana (4):Kuruminut, HoboverlordPurvis, Omega Wrathie, TranceTheHime

Not Voting:Sana Spice, GODrake, Slabes, Easy Modo, Violentia, Kilgajesus

With ten votes in play, it takes 6 to lynch. Sana is at L-2!

There are about 70.5 hours left in the say.

Kabuto

• Kabuto
« Reply #110 on: October 13, 2010, 03:40:28 AM »
Oh man I'm in hot water now! There's not much to say in my defense since I literally did nothing D1... :S I wonder if I can keep my head over water though, but it looks like I'll have to go through fire and water if I'm going to get through this. :<

Good gravy! L-2 and it's only been... not a lot of time! From a town perspective I want to believe that at least one person on my wagon is scum, but I still don't feel too good about accusations! :<

Wrathie! If an old friend you know drops by to say hello, would you still see suspicion in my eyes? Here we go again, asking where I've been (in D1), but you can't see the water in my eyes is real, I'm crying!

Trancypants! Your first two points are sound, but your third point doesn't seem to hold water! All I was doing in your quote was making a theoretical connection between Kilga and Alice, which ended up being useless as Kilga is obviously town now (and Alice was stabbed in the heart)! So I don't see the point in pushing for a Kilga lynch because of that!

Your final post(s) of Day 1 does not seem too helpful either! You say you wish to refrain from speaking about others, but hiding your opinions is kinda weird in a game where discussion is important! Or so I've heard. And your vote on Pesco can be seen as bussing, assuming you're scum, and now it looks like  ##Vote: TranceHime

Also! You seem to have made an awful lot of typos regarding gender-specific pronouns in reference to me! Which is odd, because it's awfully hard to typo "his" as "her"! >:< (Also this is a joke, you can ignore it, I guess.)

I was going to post something more but this post has taken far too long as it is! I

also, the word of the day is: water! (in case you didn't notice)

Decade

• Decade
« Reply #111 on: October 13, 2010, 04:40:51 AM »
I agree with the Sana case and will likely end up voting him before the end of the day. There is simply no excuse for the weak vote on me when the Pescohax wagon was getting strength, especially considering Sana's input for the day has only been the summation of events, and vague clearing of Pesco with a vague condemning of me. I still don't know what I was suspicious over to Sana that it made him unable to comment on anyone else in detail. Or even me in detail.

I don't agree we need to focus solely on Sana, however.

##Vote: Slabes

Slabes' solitary input yesterday has been post #58, which is an empty question to GODrake regarding Violentia's vote being the third on Slabes himself. This question is empty because the Violentia vote happened during RVS, which didn't end until I voted Violentia as "third on the wagon is scum".

This also further raises a question when he says that ending RVS takes town effort, yet accuses me of merely bandwagon hopping and acts as if GODrake's chiding of Trance was a reason for voting him. The misrepresentation doesn't sit well with me.

As for others, I want to say that while I feel better about Trance now that he participates strongly, I want to ask if he has any opinions on others? He voted me at first with nothing but a vote, but later unvotes me and hops on Pesco when Pesco's lynch is already a fact of life. An explanation for why I no longer deserve the vote is never given, nor are any thoughts on anyone else, or an explanation for why Pesco is scummy. I particularly don't like the idea that Trance proposes about not needing to talk about others, as we have already done so. We need your opinion, after all, to determine if you are scum or not.

Ouja

• Ouja
« Reply #112 on: October 13, 2010, 11:37:14 AM »
Okay, so Kilga is defTown now.  Sorry if that makes me slow to the party  :X  I agree with pretty much all of his post.

##Unvote: Sana
##Vote: Slaves

Den-O

• Plat Form
« Reply #113 on: October 13, 2010, 01:09:05 PM »
##Vote: Valentia, as I still have my suspicions. Everything about Sana has already been said and there's no point pushing the bandwagon anywhere forward into dangerous waters yet.

I have my doubts about Slaves, too- he is following a similar under-the-radar pattern I find in Valentia and Sana, but I want to hear more cases.

(Ok, granted if all he's done is post 58 then there aren't much more cases to hear- bear with me! He could show up and talk more.)

Den-O

• Plat Form
« Reply #114 on: October 13, 2010, 01:09:30 PM »
lol avatar change

I liked the cute anime guy. Q_Q

OOO

• Taka! Kujaku! Condor!
  • TaJaDor
« Reply #115 on: October 13, 2010, 01:24:10 PM »
@Kilga: Where RVS starts and ends is not exactly set in stone.  I disagree with you ending the RVS for example; I was still RVSing when I voted Violentia, for example.  Thus, to me, both bandwagons were doing RVS anyway and indistinguishable from the other.  Furthermore:

There really isn't a whole lot of "scumhunting" to be done with so little on the table, and GODrake looks suspect as a result. Piling votes on someone is a good way to get some discussion going, so at the moment I don't see a need to chide Trance for it.

Chiding Trance was half the sentence, so how was what I said a misinterpretation?  It was the only evidence you raised supporting your first point anyways, about 'encouraging scumhunting being scummy' which I simply disagreed with.  It was donut's case which was the original one, complete with active questioning; your vote seemed like free parking without any attempt at questioning and had nothing to do with ending RVS.

---

I don't like how donut seems to swing from agreeing with me on D1 and voting me on D2 just because of the flip and Sana's rather sad wagon hop. 

I pretty much agree with what has been said about Sana so far, with all the information without analysis done in her posts (except maybe, the Alice point, which was quite an alright observation).  Her vote on Trance is alright, however, and already shows some town effort, though not well-explained.  I would like to expand on this, though.

##Vote: Trance

Vote on Sana is rather easy and smacks of going with the flow.  Pretty much all but one of the points he raised about Sana have been said before and could be applied to him as well (e.g only posting one meaningful post in D1, not explaining the vote well, bringing absolutely nothing useful to the table, etc.).  The other, about Sana 'telegraphing' a Alice NK is pure WIFOM.  Pretty much the only differences between Sana and Trance is that Sana dished out more original content and Trance happened to select the right guy as the very last vote of the day without explaining the vote in depth (why can't Sana do the same thing?)  With all this hypocrisy which does not sound the least bit right, I think Trance deserves a look today before going to Sana.

Kiva-la

• Kiva-la
« Reply #116 on: October 13, 2010, 02:04:48 PM »
I'm not sure I like the sudden trend away from Sana, though I guess it can be at least partially forgiven in the sense that people are at least not immediately jumping for the low-hanging lynch fruit (as much as I think Sana is the clear-cut case for today and would be fairly annoyed if most anyone else was lynched). Oh well, day is still plenty early.

Not sure what's up with Donut needing a second post to declare Kilga obvTown. Irks me since it should have been obvious from Pesco's flip rather than Kilga's case, but it might just be having fun with the "character".

Wrathie I'm feeling pretty good on despite not actually being on the wagon because L-1 is a legitimate fear. (Hilarious that the two people he specifically names as being wary of coming in and haphazardly dropping votes do exactly that.) Bringing this up now just to make sure I stamp it out for the future in case anyone starts thinking that way.

Trance I am unsure I want to see lynched at this juncture. The lackluster hop at the end of Day 1 is some degree of suspicious but it's hard to base a case around it given Eve was a greater offender in that regard and ended up flipping town (I think - at the very least, they don't appear to be scum), which people trying to push that point seem to have conveniently ignored. While the Alice part of the Sana case today is sketchy for reasons already discussed, I must at least applaud putting effort into making one's own case - the "defends Pesco" point, at least, was not parroting myself, and seems a legitimate point to me. (Also it's being pushed by people I don't trust.)

The Slaves case, on the other hand, I can get behind.

- I find no real major flaw in Kilga's base case.

- Criticizing Donut for changing his mind in light of a scum flip? Really? Bonus points for being a thinly veiled OMGUS.

- Explicitly claiming he was still in RVS mode with his Valentia vote looks bad in light of (a) people other than Kilga clearly not being in RVS mode anymore (Drake springs to mind immediately and I recall a couple of others) and (b) stating that ending RVS takes some town effort. So, what, perpetuating RVS takes some scum effort? (To be honest it actually does, the longer RVS drags out the better off scum tend to be.)

- The Trance case is not one I'm inclined to buy into for the reasons stated above. That it's in line with Sana's case (which was similarly lackluster) makes me feel worse about it. That some of it is basically a passive defense of Sana (despite being sandwiched in between statements that at least imply interest in moving to the Sana case) makes me feel even worse about it.

Kiva-la

• Kiva-la
« Reply #117 on: October 13, 2010, 02:07:11 PM »
(Also it's being pushed by people I don't trust.)

The "it" in "it's" here refers to the Trance case on the whole, not the point Trance made about Sana defending Pesco.

Ouja

• Ouja
« Reply #118 on: October 13, 2010, 02:31:46 PM »
I don't like how donut seems to swing from agreeing with me on D1 and voting me on D2 just because of the flip and Sana's rather sad wagon hop.
Your idea of what my reasons are make no sense.  Seriously, try explaining it.

I'm voting you because you made one significant post yesterday, mentioning Pesco long enough to not ignore him but not being anywhere around when he actually came under fire.  Sure, I agreed with that post at the time, but circumstances have changed quite a bit since Page 2.

(Cut: Purvis beat me to it and said it more succinctly.)

Quote from: Purvis
Not sure what's up with Donut needing a second post to declare Kilga obvTown. Irks me since it should have been obvious from Pesco's flip
Not really.  Alternative wagons to scum aren't necessarily town.  Although I just noticed while typing this that the Kilga wagon was {Trance, Slaves, Pesco, Sana} so yeah.

I'm really not sure at all why Mode seems desperate to avoid talking about people who are very likely to be and/or have flipped as scum.  ...Well, that's not true.  I have a decent idea why he may be doing that. 

Den-O

• Plat Form
« Reply #119 on: October 13, 2010, 02:50:36 PM »
I'm really not sure at all why Mode seems desperate to avoid talking about people who are very likely to be and/or have flipped as scum.  ...Well, that's not true.  I have a decent idea why he may be doing that.

Who are we talking about, here? There's three options.

- We could policy lynch Sana for lack of participation or any particular content, acting basically as a reporter, since the 'lynch anything' tactic is statistically very much in favour of town-side given we have one essentially-confirmed town (Kilga, though I don't think we can 100% confirm anything outside of an investigation or flip, principally speaking). Slabes seems to think otherwise on this (Sana lynch), though.

-We could lynch Slaves for similar participation and lacklustre justifications; but his defense is doing more than base parroting or reporting.

-If you meant Pesco from D1, that's done and over with so I don't see how it matters.