Author Topic: Darker than Black Mafia (Game Over Scum win)  (Read 61982 times)

capt. h

• Only sane townie
Re: Darker than Black Mafia (Day 1 and confirmation)
« Reply #60 on: April 08, 2011, 04:52:09 PM »
No, but you voted for me. :V

Anyway.
What's with the sudden bandwagoning, capt. h?

Boredom. Wanted to get out of RVS.

I'm just going with the group for now. We have no actual information on D1, now have we?
I was just voting randomly, as usually happens on day 1. Or is that different here?

Too defensive. Answers a question with a question. And no one just votes randomly, they have a random reason to go with their random vote.

What's your opinion on the players in this game?

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #61 on: April 08, 2011, 04:53:19 PM »
Voting
NeoSerela(1): Shadoweh
Zakeri(2): Bardiche, NeoSerela
Schezo(1): Conqueror
rdj(1): Schezo
Serp(2): Hanged Hourai, Helepolis
Hanged Hourai(1): Dormio
Dormio(1): Yonowaaru, rdj
UncertainKitten(1): Serp, Zakeri
Yonowaaru(1): capt H

Not voting
UK

14 alive, 8 votes required for a lynch
~52 hours remain

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #62 on: April 08, 2011, 04:54:34 PM »
1: Why does it scare you? It's easy to say things. What's the reasoning?
2: Fair nuff, though I considered that an RVS vote more than anything
3: Yes, and?
4: How so? Capt. h. is about within normal boundaries at the moment. For someone so interested in saving the noobs, you sure seem to be willing to jump on them for noobfails.
5: Yes, but lurking doesn't exactly happen in 17 hours of game time. It's a pretty neat shield to hide behind though
6: Serp's vote is silly. If he maintains it is serious, THEN it becomes *very* interesting.
7: Another attack on the noobs. Interesting you ask others for opinions on him without saying your own.
8: Hell yeah. Throwin' down the gauntlet.
9: See seven.
10: If we forget who is playing that's a pretty good indicator they're doin it rong.
11: Your list remains uninteresting.

Anyway, it's a wash. Your answer is EXACTLY what I expected from a townie. Your list trying to get us to attack noobs, however, feels scummy. So, let's go there. Why are you so interested in opinions on noobs, particularly when your ~*~list~*~ has a lot of negative connotions with regards to them?

@Hele: Sound theory, not great in practice. You're right that lurker pressuring is important...when it reaches a point of actual lurking. Further, it's less about sneaking in to hammer, because that gets the town on someone like the wrath of preferred deity, but more about without solid stances to look back on, it's hard to figure out intent. I'm generally of the school that the more you post, the more pro town you're being. Because if you're town, your intent will show through, even if you say some dumb things. If you're scum, you'll eventually be caught because you can't go towards your win con AND show a lot of pro town intent. Not easily. You generally have to frame scum intended things as pro town, and these eventually get ferreted out.

So, tl;dr: Lynching Lurkers is good because more posting is pro town. But lurkers can't really be determined 17 hours into D1.

The cuttings T_T

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #63 on: April 08, 2011, 05:00:44 PM »
But a scum with an ability, who has nothing to fear might talk just as much in trying to blend with the Town.

And my words wasn't a theory. It was more like the obvious which always works. When people a getting cornered, either they will fight back or give up. We want to call out the Townies and filter the scum. Right now, focussing on lurkers is step 1. We'll see what happens.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #64 on: April 08, 2011, 05:18:38 PM »
>Mafia
>Always works

Wellp.

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #65 on: April 08, 2011, 05:49:10 PM »
Is there scum among us? Verily so. In fact, I would daresay that there are so many scumbags about that an infinite daytime vigilante shot I can fire off immediately in all directions but UK (who is my BFF for this game) would be so incredibly liberating I would hump Pesco's leg and then some if he magically granted me it.

Mrf. Sadly I suspect not even Pesco is willing to provide me such. Where does that leave us? Right here, right now, is where it leaves us exactly. A grey area of resolutions that are hidden by the dusk and night, where we all watch warily for movements that should not take place. But what if they take no place? We are left to ponder in the dark.

Ah, there are a few people who contribute to this state of limbo by providing nothing absolutely. There is no reason we should suffer them to live, yet evidently, we let them live. Is Town so frivolous we have the luxury to sit around twiddling our thumbs as the darkness creeps closer?

Kitten here is clearly the shining beacon of excellence and excelsior who shall pierce the darkness, and I must follow her resolutely, or not at all. Will this lead to my demise, or that of town? I know not.

Evidently, I know very little. But it is that little that makes us grand. That makes us truly shine and stand apart. Because what better way to catch scum than to unite our littles and make it into a grand?

Bardiche, gatherer of Grandness. It is a title I would love to add to my list of titles, which include but are not limited to "Night Ranter", "Ass" and "LolBard".

Oh, how fate deals me terrible hands by bestowing me such unworthy titles that do not herald of my excellence and awesome!

... Maybe I'm getting off topic. We need to lynch scum, and for us to lynch scum, we need to take action.

But Bard, you say, what actions to take?

... Sorry.

Bard doesn't know.

You do know, right?

Touch people's hearts and convict the scum.

Obstinately hunt them down.

Unite and kill the lurkers.

Chase them all to the pits of hell and back again!

Help me lynch Zakeri for being obv lurkscum!

Bardiche

« Reply #66 on: April 08, 2011, 05:51:18 PM »
... whoops, I guess I got carried away. Ignore me, carry on lurking fine chaps.

« Reply #67 on: April 08, 2011, 05:57:30 PM »
But a scum with an ability, who has nothing to fear might talk just as much in trying to blend with the Town.

And my words wasn't a theory. It was more like the obvious which always works. When people a getting cornered, either they will fight back or give up. We want to call out the Townies and filter the scum. Right now, focussing on lurkers is step 1. We'll see what happens.

As UK said, though, you can't really determine who's lurking during the first part of day 1. A bit more time is needed for actions to take place and for opinions to be formulated around those actions.

I agree with the rest of your post, however.

Cut by Bardiche: Again, how do we know Zakeri is lurkscum when day 1 isn't even halfway through yet? If anything, Dormio's move to lynch Hanged Mokou based on "he's a star in the sky" is more scummy. Look at the OP:

Quote from: header for living players
Your star still shines
Quote from: header for dead players
Fallen stars

Do you see what this means? We are all stars in the sky, and if Dormio wants to lynch one person for being a star, he'll want to lynch us all.

Cut by Bardiche again: Ignoring anyone is detrimental, isn't it?

Bardiche

« Reply #68 on: April 08, 2011, 06:07:51 PM »
So uh, what exactly do I need to respond to? Has anyone done anything yet? No? Then lynch Zakeri and saunter into a good future with me! Pause only for applause!

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #69 on: April 08, 2011, 06:23:33 PM »
Bard must be trying out a new playstyle or something because I've never seen him mess around in the RVS this much before. From what I've seen, usually he'd just take action and do something instead of just talking about taking action.

@rdj Are you trying to make some sort of case on Dormio?

##Unvote
##Vote:Conqueror

Alright, lynch me, on to day two guys.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

Bardiche

« Reply #70 on: April 08, 2011, 06:25:05 PM »
I change playstyles each and every game, or strive to. Variety is the spice of life and the soul of fire.

##UNVOTE
##Vote: Conqueror

I see your proposition and agree.

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #71 on: April 08, 2011, 06:34:03 PM »
UK are you telling me I shouldn't be terrified of a UK/Bardiche OTP alliance? If his plan is for me to have no idea what to think of him it's working.  :ohdear: I'm not sure if he's going after Zak or running for election. Night Virus was a title of affection you know~

Simply put, the new players unsurprisingly made more of what I would consider mistakes, thus they are mentioned more then they who are merely lurking and waiting for blood in the water. Why are you so interested in hearing what I think about their movements without ever putting forth an opinion of your own on it? 'Within normal boundaries' on 1/3 isn't good enough for me. You can answer and ask at the same time. The more you hold back the less inclined I am to answer you.

Helepolis: Abilities or not scum will always walk in fear among us, whether in hiding or in a green mask. UK is right in that nothing always works in Mafia, but I agree with the ideal of your plan.

rdj:  If you're going to keep pushing for Dormio based on something he said earlier I'm going to insist you tell us what you thought of the rest of his posts. Hopefully Bardiche is being facetious and doesn't actually want you to ignore him.

Conqueror: I'm going to look away, and when I look back you're not going to be voting for yourself, okay? Why you do this to me?

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Bardiche

« Reply #72 on: April 08, 2011, 06:51:01 PM »
Of course I?m facetious, do I look like I have my serious face on?

Then again, neither do you.

##UNMASK: Shadoweh

HAVE AT YOU.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #73 on: April 08, 2011, 06:51:29 PM »
Admittedly? Bard's buddying bugs me, but I'm not willing to pursue it as of yet. Looking for some other associations to see where things lead.

Anyway, we're at an impasse on things then. I already told you nothing interesting has happened. Yet you seem to be trying to frame newbie actions in such a way to make them look scummy. This reads less like trying to get reactions and more like trying to trap people that aren't necessarily scum.

So, I've answered three times now. You're turn.

Shadoweh

« Reply #74 on: April 08, 2011, 07:01:32 PM »
Bard: I hope you didn't really just use a town power on me thinking I'm scum. That would be insulting. I've been moderately serious for awhile which is more then I can say for.. everyone.

UK: Newbies don't need to be framed to look scummy, they do it on their own. I am not interested in pursuing them.

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

« Reply #75 on: April 08, 2011, 07:11:28 PM »
Simply put, the new players unsurprisingly made more of what I would consider mistakes, thus they are mentioned more then they who are merely lurking and waiting for blood in the water.

Could you elaborate, please?

rdj:  If you're going to keep pushing for Dormio based on something he said earlier I'm going to insist you tell us what you thought of the rest of his posts. Hopefully Bardiche is being facetious and doesn't actually want you to ignore him.

All right then.

Reply #19: His vote on Helepolis here doesn't have anything to do with in-game actions, much like my original vote on you was unrelated to the game's events. After all, what events WERE there at that point in time? Null tell.

Reply #29: This one, however, does have to do with the game. Dormio's reasoning starts out quite random, but by the third line, coalesces into "Hanged Mokou is a star in the sky, and so I'm going to suggest we lynch him". Given that the OP suggests that we are ALL stars in the sky, Dormio is essentially suggesting that we should all die. Even if that was not his intent (and it very well may not be because day 1 is day 1), this post seems scummy to me.

Reply #34: Here he's just correcting Hele concerning Yonowaaru's posting in the thread. Null tell here.

Reply #44: Questioning Yonowaaru's vote on him, which is understandable since there was no reason given. However, he also says he doesn't like policy lynching; from what I understand, lynching lurkers can be beneficial when there are no other leads. Because it's  so early in day 1, however, do we really know who's lurking? I'm not sure what to think of this post.

Replies #46,
#48:: Nothing to go off of here.

Overall, it's that one post that has me raising an eyebrow. I admit I'm not great at scrutinizing, but I would like Dormio to address this. Until then, or unless a stronger case is built on someone else, this is where my vote is staying.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #76 on: April 08, 2011, 07:12:14 PM »
Like I said, lurkers could be simply scums, waiting for several votes to occur just to give the final required vote. The current state we are in, surely proves nobody is for sure what is going on.

Plus, we have no idea what abilities those star-guys have. It is not like Marisa's stars from her spell cards. But I am sure they have some tricky abilities. If indeed the lurkers have an ability, we will just have to force them to reveal it.

Alright, there's something very off about you. First, the way you word things is very strange, much like Bard's normal playing. Second, you keep bringing up scum abilities for no reason. And you haven't offered your opinion on anyone quite yet.

Why do you keep bringing up scum abilities?

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #77 on: April 08, 2011, 07:21:07 PM »
Scum abilities? I said: there is a possibility of a scum having one of the star's abilities, thus could perhaps make him/her more confident with it. Have you considered this possibility? You probably did not.

And there is noway we are going to find out like this.  I thought it was obvious when the mod opened the post himself with certain people would have certain abilities. Do you think only Townies can have abilities? I don't think so. Best be to cautious with these abilities, as we don't know them all yet.

However, it seems that Bard has already used an ability on Shadow. Most likely as the name states, it will show his true face. So we got one ability revealed already on day 1.

Shadoweh

« Reply #78 on: April 08, 2011, 07:26:22 PM »
Could you elaborate, please?
The less someone knows about what's considered scummy the more likely they are to act that way by accident.
If we go through an entire day without leads.. uhm.. no that really shouldn't be possible with us. I assure you we won't need to default any lynches to policy. We might lynch active lurkers or absent lurkers for being scummy but not just because.  I will leave you to your case but insist you give an opinion on people other then Dormio as well. Tunneling and ignoring the rest of the game can also be considered scummy.

Helepolis: We don't need a list of people's powers this early. Hunting for scum intent is more important. Don't call me he.  :ohdear:

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #79 on: April 08, 2011, 07:28:56 PM »
OT
Don't call me he.  :ohdear:
My apologies ** bows **

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #80 on: April 08, 2011, 07:32:40 PM »
Scum abilities? I said: there is a possibility of a scum having one of the star's abilities, thus could perhaps make him/her more confident with it. Have you considered this possibility? You probably did not.

And there is noway we are going to find out like this.  I thought it was obvious when the mod opened the post himself with certain people would have certain abilities. Do you think only Townies can have abilities? I don't think so. Best be to cautious with these abilities, as we don't know them all yet.

However, it seems that Bard has already used an ability on Shadow. Most likely as the name states, it will show his true face. So we got one ability revealed already on day 1.

I've considered the possibility of contracts. It occurs to me that one of our scum may be operating under some kind of post restriction as a condition of their contract. And I think you are operating on some kind of post restriction.

We can't be cautious about the unknown because we have absolutely no idea the nature of the threat it poses. Bringing up the fact that scum have tricky abilities right now doesn't seem to serve any purpose. And yes, the fact that scum have abilities is completely obvious by the nature of contractors being superpowered in the show, and the fact that Pesco pretty much told us as much when he told us that contractors had to pay the price.

Now, you say there's no way we're going to find out these abilities the way we're currently going about this. So let's here it; how would you go about this game?

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #81 on: April 08, 2011, 07:43:25 PM »
Your assumptions on me possibly having posting-restrictions made me smirk for a moment. A person with restriction would carefully consider their movements and actions. A person not bound to restrictions has none of these limitations and thus has no reason to consider actions except for hunting out the scums.

The point I raised doesn't serve any purpose indeed. I agree, however, but it does keep us sharp. I don't see how that is harmful? And I already explain my proposal above multiple times. I'll repeat it once more for you: Corner the silent/lurkers (what ever you want to name them). After all, we want to get rid of the "unknown" now don't we?

Or is that bothering you?

Bardiche

« Reply #82 on: April 08, 2011, 08:00:20 PM »
Lolno, I was joking. That's no ability boyo, no ability.

That said, rdj looks best so far for actually propagating serious with his serious face on, so :). Helepolis is confusing because he doesn't actually do anything than rolefish :derp:. Capt H is pursuing a useless venue by attacking semantics :derp:. Shadoweh is :(. UK is :V.

Zakeri is scum. Lynch~!

« Reply #83 on: April 08, 2011, 08:13:09 PM »
The less someone knows about what's considered scummy the more likely they are to act that way by accident.
If we go through an entire day without leads.. uhm.. no that really shouldn't be possible with us. I assure you we won't need to default any lynches to policy. We might lynch active lurkers or absent lurkers for being scummy but not just because.

Understandable on both counts.

I will leave you to your case but insist you give an opinion on people other then Dormio as well. Tunneling and ignoring the rest of the game can also be considered scummy.

Opinions on other players? Let's see...

NeoSerela - bandwagoning Zakeri
Shadoweh - everyone lay out your opinions NOW
capt. h - seems to be all over the map with his votes
UK - Pesco is obvscum thinks Shadoweh is being unfair to the newbies; is bugged by Bardiche's buddying
Bardiche - is pushing for a Zakeri lynch, which started because of a standard "you voted me so I'll vote you" vote; teaming up with UK; used an action on Shadoweh
Zakeri - voted UK for not voting
rdj - vote on Dormio and wants him to address an earlier post
Conqueror - why self-vote this makes no sense ???
Helepolis - vote on Serp for lurking; warns to be cautious with abilities
Yonowaaru - random vote on Dormio

Serpentarius, Hanged Mokou, Schezo - have only posted once so far

Overall, I wonder why Bardiche is tunneling on Zakeri when he's been more active than Serp/HM/Schezo. There are some pockets of aggression here and there with the others, but nothing that really jumps out at me as inherently scummy.

Cut by Bardiche: ...Fake action? Huh.

Bardiche

« Reply #84 on: April 08, 2011, 08:16:16 PM »
And then rdj begins reporting actions.

We don't need a recap of what everyone's done, tell us what's bad about it!

« Reply #85 on: April 08, 2011, 08:23:41 PM »
And then rdj begins reporting actions.

We don't need a recap of what everyone's done, tell us what's bad about it!

I summed up my views on everyone's actions already:

Overall, I wonder why Bardiche is tunneling on Zakeri when he's been more active than Serp/HM/Schezo. There are some pockets of aggression here and there with the others, but nothing that really jumps out at me as inherently scummy.

If I had just posted that without the "recap", you likely would have asked to see my reasoning. The actions that have been taken thus far ARE my reasoning.

To get to the point: you think Zakeri is lurkscum. Why him instead of the other three that have only posted once?

Bardiche

« Reply #86 on: April 08, 2011, 08:31:06 PM »
Notthisagain.jpg

Because A) I don't have four votes, B) RVS is RVS and C) It's as good a place to park my vote until anything happens as any.

Until I see anything interesting happen I'll go do RVS for once. Holy cuckaroo country isn't so bad a place to live if you get used to it.

And I meant:
NeoSerela - bandwagoning Zakeri
Shadoweh - everyone lay out your opinions NOW
capt. h - seems to be all over the map with his votes

Bandwagoning, in a good or bad way? Is it scummy or not?
Shadoweh, is her action scummy to you, townie, neutral, just affronting, what?
What about capt h? Is his wishy-washy vote hopping scummy?

UK - Pesco is obvscum thinks Shadoweh is being unfair to the newbies; is bugged by Bardiche's buddying
Bardiche - is pushing for a Zakeri lynch, which started because of a standard "you voted me so I'll vote you" vote; teaming up with UK; used an action on Shadoweh

OK Bro so is UK scummy or not? Are her actions townlike? Why recap her thoughts when anyone could've likely read them and used their own interpretation?
Zakeri lynch started because he was the only one to post before me and thus easily the most scummy player up to that point. What about this flawed reasoning fell into "OMGUS" territory so hard? Oh, because I pre-empted my vote with "OMGUS". I think the self-diagnostics there woulda set off the "It's a joek" alarms.
Is my teaming with UK scummy or not? Is my using an action scummy or not?

:/ We need to hear who's scummy, not what we've been doing.

Schezo

• en-counse
« Reply #87 on: April 08, 2011, 08:32:41 PM »
Although even with those reasonings your post still seems to fall back to the IIoA side.

Apologies for no posts and not doing this earlier but this game had nothing to talk about when I could and now that I check it almost after work, it explodes :ohdear: more in a few hours.

Cut city on a phone. Yeah.

Bardiche

« Reply #88 on: April 08, 2011, 08:34:15 PM »
In fact, ##Unvote
##Vote: rdj

I am now no longer in jokevote phase and make a serious vote. Rdj has no business reporting the actions of others, and presenting it as though it preluded a conclusion with an opinion is clearly false as he never lets on whether any of the actions raised are scummy or not.

Shadoweh's attempts to get discussion going were fruitless but hardly seem scummy to me. Capt H is really pursuing a useless venue, as far as I am concerned, and I would like him to review the purpose of his inquiries.

« Reply #89 on: April 08, 2011, 08:34:50 PM »
Why him instead of the other three that have only posted once?
I've posted three times already. You guys are just jealous that I escaped as lurker scum last game and are just pretending it's still relevant.

HEY UK, PESCO HAS ALREADY DONE THE OBLIGATORY "WHOOPS, CAN'T VOTE FOR ME" PART OF YOUR EARLY DAY ONE ANTICS. HOW ABOUT A REAL VOTE? OR ARE YOU A ... PUSSY?

Oh, and since no one realizes this, my vote is serious. UK is active lurking, and I really don't like how she just went "psh-SHAW" towards Shadoweh's list of things that have happened. We're not going to get any information from you just going "Well, whatever, I'll get back to you in about a week or so."