Author Topic: Touhou 13 ~ Ten Desires announced!  (Read 264179 times)

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
Re: Touhou 13 ~ Ten Desires announced!
« Reply #570 on: March 02, 2011, 12:33:58 AM »
spoilers
you shoot shit in this game
GLOWING SHIT

Sampson

• Magical Pudding Sage
  • Fulfilling flan fantasies everywhere!
« Reply #571 on: March 02, 2011, 01:13:36 AM »
I-Impossible...that's too unpredictable!

AMZYoshio

• Transcend the edge of Dissillusion
  • WHAT IS THIS I DON'T EVEN
« Reply #572 on: March 02, 2011, 01:16:14 AM »
spoilers
GLOWING SHIT

Actually, one of your ten desires is to solve your problems through conversation and diplomacy, with the other 9 centering around the salvation of Youkaind.

Paper Conan

• Productivity, all day 'erry day
  • NOPE, just kidding~
« Reply #573 on: March 02, 2011, 01:18:26 AM »
spoilers
GLOWING SHIT

Too late there, bra...
UFO. Stage 4 and 6. Nue. BV

edit: fixed a number~
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 01:38:21 AM by Paper_Conan »

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #574 on: March 02, 2011, 01:22:09 AM »
I am sorry. I feel I must repost GreenVirus' creation, as it just plain cracks me up every time.

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
« Reply #575 on: March 02, 2011, 01:33:36 AM »
It does, doesn't it :V
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

« Reply #576 on: March 02, 2011, 01:47:23 AM »
I am sorry. I feel I must repost GreenVirus' creation, as it just plain cracks me up every time.

Kinzoapproved.jpg

Letty Whiterock

« Reply #577 on: March 02, 2011, 03:20:15 AM »
EDIT: Someone mentioned wanting to see a tanuki youkai, right? In a sequel to KiKi KaiKai, (released as Pocky and Rocky outside of Japan, (though it wasn't developed by Taito, I suppose) Sayo-chan has a partner named Manuke (aka Rocky)-- a tanuki, etc.) So.... maybe we might see a tanuki youkai? :derp:
It wasn't really a sequel as much as it was a side story. We were supposed to get a sequel, but Square-Enix screwed us over, and we got Heavenly Guardian out of the deal.

game2011

• magneiptVE
    • Unsurpassed ??asual Dating - Real Women
« Reply #578 on: March 02, 2011, 06:54:17 AM »
Anyone remember the theory about Touhou 13 having a water theme because MOF, SA, and UFO have earth, fire, and wind themes respectively?  Guess that theory no longer holds true, unless this game actually has something to do with water.

BTW, why do some people actually think that there won't be new characters?  Is it because that it's been a while since we had new characters that the current cast look complete?

Also, I had a dream last night about this game being released, so its contents are all known.  Is it all right if I talk about it here?  Or should I take it to the Touhou Dreams Thread instead?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 05:09:56 PM by game2011 »

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #579 on: March 02, 2011, 07:00:20 AM »
Anyone remember the theory of Touhou 13 having a water theme because MOF, SA, and UFO have earth, fire, and wind themes respectively?  Guess that theory no longer holds true, unless this game actually has something to do with water.

BTW, why do some people actually think that there won't be new characters?  Is it because that it's been a while since we had new characters that the current cast look complete?

Also, I had a dream last night about this game being released, so its contents are all known.  Is it all right if I talk about it here?  Or should I take it to the Touhou Dreams Thread instead?

First off, iirc there was a fan project titled Touhou 13: Defiled Aquatic something or other. Dunno what happened to it, But compare it to the (currently being made) mother 4.

I'm pretty sure we all know they're will be new characters, every touhou game has introduced at least... 5 different characters, no?

Go ahead and discuss it here, It's relevant to the thread, And I'm going to ask you to tell me my god damned future if even a single detail is right.

« Reply #580 on: March 02, 2011, 07:33:04 AM »
I believe it was Defiled Submarine Palace, but it was just a joke video, right?

However there was a fangame called Marine Benefit which was pretty well done.

Luneth

• Down down, a clip round you, fall in drops, set a trap
  • Down down, a clip round you, get the trick of it.
    • I live here.
« Reply #581 on: March 02, 2011, 07:35:33 AM »
All 20 pages.
Why.
That took me an hour and a half thanks to someannoyingskypefriends. Why again.

Okay so.. What was I.. Uhm.

..... K I'm just going to "My dream-character will be in this" and leave.

Drake

« Reply #582 on: March 02, 2011, 07:54:42 AM »
However there was a fangame called Marine Benefit which was pretty completed.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

game2011

• magneiptVE
« Reply #583 on: March 02, 2011, 08:08:45 AM »
Thanks for the fast reply, Kips McKipzerson!

Please bear in my mind that this dream is pretty bizarre, so you shouldn't take it seriously at all.  Also, I have a tendency of not remembering very well what my dreams are, so things may not be accurate.

So the game is released, and there's a English strategy guide for it as well.

The first boss (I think it's the first boss) is a girl with long blue hair dressed in a white (can't remember what kind of clothing), and she sits in a bucket like Kisume.  She also came out from a well if I remember correctly...  According to the guide, she's based off Sadako Yamamura from The Ring, I think.  The guide only mentioned The Ring, not the name, but I know for sure that it was referring to Sadako.

Another boss is a girl with whitish-blue hair and somewhat pale skin.  She wears a white sleeveless shirt that shows her midriff and and a white skirt if I remember correctly, and she bears a bit of resemblance to Shinki.  It turns out that she is a robot that is supposed to be modeled after her.

Okay, this is where the dream becomes stranger...  Sara and Yumeko are back!  However, the former isn't really Sara herself.  The guide says that's an alternate dimension of her, whatever that means...  She has a different name, but I can't remember what it is, and also, she's the person who built that Shinki-lookalike robot.  Yumeko, strangely enough, is called Yumarth (at least that's what I remember), and I remember that there was no mention at all if she is the same Yumeko or not.

And now, this is probably going to drive some people crazy...  I remember laughing in an overdramatic manner when I saw this.  So... Mima is back... and as the extra stage's boss!  However, she's been drastically redesigned.  She now has red hair and her clothes consists of mostly yellow and red if I remember correctly...  I can't remember the details, not even what kind of hat she's wearing, but it might be the same one, just with a different color...  However, the guide says that she is the same person, and it also says that she is looking for inner peace, I think...

Okay, strange dream...  While I am in no way a fan of horror movies, stories, and such (though I do play Castlevania), having a character based of Sadako would actually be... interesting...
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 04:11:58 PM by game2011 »

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #584 on: March 02, 2011, 10:50:03 AM »
Don't know if anyone here has mentioned this already, but I found an interesting tidbit in PMiSS while I was doing some research for a story.
Enlightened ones can go to Heaven, but I hear that Heaven is already full, and enlightenment is restricted now.
If we're dealing with divine spirits, is it possible that Heaven's basically run out of room and started having to kick people out? It fits with the 10-spiritual-realms idea, so are we going to see Reimu punching more gods in the face?

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #585 on: March 02, 2011, 10:51:59 AM »
However there was a fangame called Marine Benefit which was pretty completed.

Curvy lasers in stage 1.

I think I like this game already.

« Reply #586 on: March 02, 2011, 10:55:45 AM »
Also, just for fun, remember that someone from the previous game showed up in the following game. SA carried over Sanae, Suwako, and Nitori in separate ways; UFO carried Sanae over from SA, a bit more directly. So, does Youmu's inclusion (but not, importantly, Sanae's expulsion) indicate that he's going all the way back to PCB for his story? If Sanae had been left out of the playables, that might have indicated that he's setting his story since MoF to the side, but the simple fact that he's reached all the way back to Youmu AND kept Sanae might mean that 10D will unite the two halves of the Windows storylines. Which is... actually really REALLY disastrous for anyone who's writing a serial, but from a game/story perspective, actually really awesome.

I don't really see how it's disasterous to bring Youmu into it. It's not as if the characters disappear from Gensokyo if they're not involved in the games in some fashion; Eintei and the SDM are still there, they just don't bother chasing treasure ships like the witch and Mikos did.
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

Mimachiro

• Master of the Swimsuit
  • Making being an evil spirit look good
    • Tondemonai
« Reply #587 on: March 02, 2011, 11:46:49 AM »
And now, this is probably going to drive some people crazy...  I remember laughing in an overdramatic manner when I saw this.  So... Mima is back... and as the extra stage's boss!  However, she's been drastically redesigned.  She now has red hair and her clothes consists of mostly yellow and red if I remember correctly...  I can't remember the details, not even what kind of hat she's wearing, but it might be the same one, just with a different color...  However, the guide says that she is the same person, and it also says that she is looking for inner peace, I think...
If this happens, I will crap out a brick the size of Yuyuko's weekly meal expenses.

"I don't have anything against you, but I hope you're ready to die a dog's death!
Oh, don't worry, that cat will carry off your body, so you'll be able to live in our place!"

game2011

• magneiptVE
« Reply #588 on: March 02, 2011, 12:01:18 PM »
First off, iirc there was a fan project titled Touhou 13: Defiled Aquatic something or other. Dunno what happened to it, But compare it to the (currently being made) mother 4.

I'm pretty sure we all know they're will be new characters, every touhou game has introduced at least... 5 different characters, no?

Go ahead and discuss it here, It's relevant to the thread, And I'm going to ask you to tell me my god damned future if even a single detail is right.
Forgot to reply to these two in my earlier post about the dream...

I'm aware of that game's existence, though it's not a game, just a video.  I'm aware of Marine Benefit as well.  It would seem that both those games have water themes due to that same theory.

I know for sure that there will be new characters as well.  It's just that I saw some people's posts in this thread showing that they doubt new characters appearing.  Admittedly, I got to know the series after Touhou 12.3 came out, and I feel that the cast is complete and perfect as it is.  When Hatate came along, I wasn't excited about her  for some reason and didn't really think that the cast of characters has been increased.  I also felt the same when Kasen was introduced.  However, with Touhou 13 coming out, I feel for once that the cast really is increasing.

Firestorm29

• Lily White Mage
  • Spring Time is Healing Time~
« Reply #589 on: March 02, 2011, 12:09:35 PM »
Looks like I might have gotten to the party a bit late, but I'm very excited to see Youmu in the game. I wonder if that whole thing about divine spirits under her control might imply she could use some spirits like Options or the Bits from Image Fight as her shot types?

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #590 on: March 02, 2011, 01:25:14 PM »
GreenVirus' image makes me think that it could be from an Evony ad

Youkai of Tea

• Faith and Tea.
  • And TeaFairies.
« Reply #591 on: March 02, 2011, 01:37:20 PM »
Don't know if anyone here has mentioned this already, but I found an interesting tidbit in PMiSS while I was doing some research for a story.If we're dealing with divine spirits, is it possible that Heaven's basically run out of room and started having to kick people out? It fits with the 10-spiritual-realms idea, so are we going to see Reimu punching more gods in the face?

During the happenings of SWR Yukari actually finds out that this is a lie; Heaven is not full at all, the celestials just don't want others there.  :V
...Nothing anywhere.
The heavens use the lands too luxuriously.
They say the heavens is too saturated so Enlightenment is forbidden...What a big lie.
http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Scarlet_Weather_Rhapsody/Translation/Yukari%27s_Scenario

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #592 on: March 02, 2011, 02:21:40 PM »
Thread made my day. Gonna get a physical copy if my grades are good enough.

I won't ask for Mima here, but it'd be nice if she came back.
Spoiler:
Fat chance, right?

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

Alice★f

• That uncanny smile...
  • Kuroya Shinobu strikes again
    • TsundereWorks' Mo? Blog
« Reply #593 on: March 02, 2011, 02:52:31 PM »
Same tohoes but alternate color schemes / names / demensions?

Sux :V
--------------------------
On a side note, it really would be awesome if Ten Desires actually had ten stages. That'd be asking too much, though. (We pretty much all know it's six and an extra stage.)

Also, im expecting people to claim that the game is bullshit on the day that the trial is released because of the new gimmick that Zun's added in this release. Very much like how many thought how UFO was harder because of the new system and therefore bullshit.

DeviantArtPixivTsundere WorksYoutubeNEW! Liz Triangle's S4U
日本語勉強中 | Touhou Hard Modo Gamer

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #594 on: March 02, 2011, 03:51:31 PM »
On a side note, it really would be awesome if Ten Desires actually had ten stages. That'd be asking too much, though. (We pretty much all know it's six and an extra stage.)
There's a lot of theories going around that there might be a different fourth stage for each character or something.  Which would be awesome.

Iced Fairy

• So like if you try to hurt alkaza
  • I will set you on fire k'?
    • Daisukima Dan Blog
« Reply #595 on: March 02, 2011, 03:51:41 PM »
Anyone remember the theory of Touhou 13 having a water theme because MOF, SA, and UFO have earth, fire, and wind themes respectively?
Zun decided to switch things up and did heart spirit first.

Berzul

• (*7(*7(*7(*7(*7
  • Round face... z( ⌣ω⌣)z
« Reply #596 on: March 02, 2011, 04:57:25 PM »
Or he used... the other elements? I guess... Wood and Metal are still around... but who knows...

7TC7

• In best company
« Reply #597 on: March 02, 2011, 05:07:27 PM »

Considering there is Spell Practice in this game could easily mean that there are more spell cards like there were in IN which had pretty much 8 Stages + Extra.
Split paths in some way or something depending on whoever you are playing as could easily bring us up to 10 Stages.

On the other hand, even if the 10 Desires are somewhat linked in the actual design of the game I would be kinda surprised if the actual plot would start up before stage 3, so... even if the bosses are linked to the 10 Spiritual Realms, I don't think the stage 1 boss will have anything to do with it (or at least look like she has anything to do with it, until the full game throws her in as the Extra Boss).
< picture leads to my YouTube channel

Minch

• Your #1 Idiot Child.
« Reply #598 on: March 02, 2011, 05:11:40 PM »
On the other hand, even if the 10 Desires are somewhat linked in the actual design of the game I would be kinda surprised if the actual plot would start up before stage 3, so... even if the bosses are linked to the 10 Spiritual Realms, I don't think the stage 1 boss will have anything to do with it (or at least look like she has anything to do with it, until the full game throws her in as the Extra Boss).
You mean how Rika was the extra boss in SoEW? We can always have a stage 1 boss be an extra stage boss again.That would be nice.

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #599 on: March 02, 2011, 05:43:05 PM »
We do have a precedent of a stage 1 boss being tied in with the plot though - Nazrin.