Author Topic: Lucky Star Phantasm (Foolproof Edition Released)  (Read 6130 times)

Lucky Star Phantasm (Foolproof Edition Released)
« on: September 20, 2010, 09:29:49 PM »
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY.
Full Extra-difficulty (but much shorter than Extra-length) stage, Phantasm-difficulty miniboss, Phantasm-difficulty boss.
Update will include any balancing info I receive here as well as custom graphics, for the quartet.
Follow the instructions on the Bulletforge page.

Q: Lucky Star?
A: I got bored.
Q: That wasn't a "you've surprised me" say what, that was a "you've confused me" say what.
A: Welcome to the Internet, enjoy your stay.

Pics:
http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/9749/snapshot1wl.png
http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/1482/snapshot2p.png
http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/2374/snapshot3xr.png
http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/1070/snapshot4eq.png

Why yes, the graphics do suck. I'm glad you noticed.

PLEASE  LOOK FOR THIS UNDER THE THREAD "SAQRUNDICA." THANK YOU.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 07:23:56 PM by Supreme Gamesmaster »

Re: Lucky Star Extra
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2010, 10:41:23 PM »
I can never get these scripts that require a seperate CtC script to work.

Sounds like fun, though.  So the bosses are from Lucky Star?  Your screenshots just show enemies.
^_^;

Schezo

• en-counse
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2010, 10:51:02 PM »
Yes, why wouldn't you just add the CTC because people have to hunt it down, figure out how to path it to your script and it's just a hassle to play a script and kinda reflects poorly on the maker because they didn't want to include 1 little thing.

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2010, 11:25:49 PM »
@Schezo: It's generally assumed most players have it in the lib folder and the link is pinned in this very forum, but I can add it if necessary.
@sumisumi: Yeh, bosses are theoretically Lucky Star characters. Still have two sprites left before it'll look like it, though. >.>

Bitz

• So Moe!
  • *heart attack*
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2010, 11:45:39 PM »
Hah, and I thought I was the only person crazy enough to think of making Lucky Star danmaku. Good job, man. :V

I don't have CtC, either. Saying that "most" people have CtC is probably an overstatement, or an unfortunate assumption.

Drake

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2010, 12:30:31 AM »
@Schezo: It's generally assumed most players have it in the lib folder and the link is pinned in this very forum, but I can add it if necessary.
Uh no. It's generally assumed that most players should be splitting up their dnh folders so it doesn't get backlogged with crap. It's also generally assumed that people don't download every shot replace script available, and  don't want to go through figuring out where to place everything so that it works. That's your job, bro. If this were a contest you would be disqualified lol.

fix it and i'll play

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2010, 01:03:20 AM »
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY
Again, it's not like we don't have it easily accessible from this very forum. >_> I'll put it in next build.

When I say that it's generally assumed that people can haz it, I mean that a great deal of scripts I download here and especially elsewhere wind up requiring it whether it's stated or not.

Schezo

• en-counse
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2010, 01:41:23 AM »
The difference there is that some of the scripts already have it in their materials to download folder so it's already got correct pathing and  doesn't need to be troubleshot to be able to play.  You should be able to take your folder of downloaded stuff, drop it in a brand new downloaded Danmakufu folder and be able to play it.  Sorry if I sound rude but that's kinda how it's supposed to work.

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2010, 01:59:55 AM »
Well, it's just confusing when you don't know where to put the replace script.  I've tried a few times, and everytime I copy and paste it into every place imaginable, and it still doesn't work.  I guess it's just something you need to have done before to know what to do.  (Either that or I'm just missing something really obvious. >_>)

Anyways, Lucky Star is great.  Maybe I can just find a youtube video of this or something.
^_^;

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2010, 02:05:41 AM »
At this VERY MOMENT, I'm uploading the new build on Bulletforge with 3 of 4 sprites, Last Dance (albeit a bomb-able version >.>), some bugfixes, and the shot replace script/extraction instructions. Folder structure should be:
>Danmakufu folder
>>lib
>>>SHOT_REPLACE
>>>ctcanime_default.txt
>>script
>>>???
>>>>Phantasm
Posting now 'cuz my computer hates uploads.

Bitz

• So Moe!
  • *heart attack*
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2010, 03:58:31 AM »
Oh... so it's a remix of Phantasm spell cards, with a bit of a Lucky Star twist. Some of the spells are waaaaaaay too dense, imo, but I haven't played it much yet (read: 5 minutes :V). We'll see.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2010, 08:02:22 AM »
Please do not post screenshots being over 150kb in size. And if you got multiple screenshots like that, think of the poor resolution browsers and either make them thumbnails or leave them as links if you would like.

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2010, 07:22:23 PM »
Links yaaaay! But that was a derp thing for me to do, sorry.

Uh, PH-Clear is out. So yeah. Final version, unless I get comments about the inevitable heinous design flaws.

Re: Lucky Star Phantasm (Final Version Released)
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2010, 06:26:46 AM »
Ah, I actually got it to work!  I copied and replaced the included replace script over another version of the replace script that I already had, and it worked.  I guess the my old one was just corrupt >_> (I got it from this site...)

This is a really fun script, and really hard!  I had to tone down most of the spellcards before I could appreciate them, but they really are a blast.  The spells nicely reflect the characters, too.  There were some cool references in there. (:  There's probably also a little too much random spam for most people.  I didn't mind it at all, especially since it was so pretty with the star bullets.^-^  Overall it was well balanced, anyways.  (Except for the difficulty, oh god the difficulty. :p )
^_^;

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2010, 10:47:22 PM »
Well, it is a phantasm stage. Has to be somewhat difficult. > : 3

It's Lucky Star, so there'd better be references, ne? :V

I should release an easy version. *procrastinating for Revelation of Procella's fifth stage*

Thanks for playing, very glad you like~ I got that one from this site too...

Paper Conan

• Productivity, all day 'erry day
  • NOPE, just kidding~
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2010, 02:30:13 AM »
Terror "Did You Visit That Dentist's Office?"...

I rofl'd. best name evar  :V

Kyaksa

• Fred-Erika Bernkastel Mirrors Rika's True Nature: Spoiled child
  • When They Cry: You are probably dead now
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2010, 12:46:57 PM »
:( I got a problem

#Include_Function(japanese)[D:Th_dnhlibctanime_default.txt](Japanese again)

So I didn't see any of the bosses not get any spell cards...

I think the problem made me skip the mid-boss and boss D;

Drake

« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2010, 01:29:42 PM »
dude the important part is the japanese

receive error, press ctrl+c, paste the main message

Kyaksa

• Fred-Erika Bernkastel Mirrors Rika's True Nature: Spoiled child
  • When They Cry: You are probably dead now
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2010, 02:27:55 PM »
^^;... *shrugs* here...

I attach it...

Drake

« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2010, 02:37:36 PM »
Actually you didn't need that sorry, I just missed the problem. Dummy Gamesmaster used absolute pathnaming and decided to make you fit everything properly yourself. There's a folder structure on the download page that you can follow.

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2010, 01:51:29 AM »
Alright, I'm going to do this once:

*deepbreath*

Indignant side: I think it's reasonable to expect that a single text file can use absolute paths, especially if instructions for where to put it are very clearly given on the download page.
Reasonable side: BUT I'll fix it if it's such a horrible problem with users' idiosyncratic folder structures. Gimme a few minutes.