Author Topic: ARE YOU GREAT? WE ARE GREAT! THIS IS... GREAT STG THREAD DAISAKUSEN (part 7!)  (Read 119744 times)

Matsuri

Oh man Deathsmiles you guys.  :*

Ain't it great?

Who do you play as? :3

I prefer Follett and Rosa myself. =O

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
Hey, I uploaded my clear of XOP Black insane-mode.

Part 1
Part 1
Congrats! Haven't played this myself, but it looks pretty tough (fun, too). How long did it take?
Let's fight.

SAS

• The Worst Person In the World
  • I have a deathwish
Well, I posted my first score over a year ago. I have been practising pretty regularly after that. Sure, it has been made slightly easier in new revisions, but it is still hard. Much more harder than ESPra.de anyway. There were no strat-guides, so I basically had to learn most of safespots and such by myself ( for example; stage 4 midbosses )
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 04:45:53 PM by Sasupoika »

Drake

Mushi arrived today! Unfortunately, my brother is taking the 360 to camp for the weekend so I wasn't able to play it much.
Attempted Original, 4cc. Attempted Ultra Larsa... 20+cc.

That's it. :I

Still fucking awesome \o/

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
Ain't it great?

Who do you play as? :3

I prefer Follett and Rosa myself. =O

Hell yes, it's great.  :3

Still trying characters out, so I can't really tell yet. Windia and Casper are both pretty good and have a nice sort of shield while in locked- shot. Follett has nice screen coverage but her low damage output really bugs me. Sakura is probably the best for suicide bullets with her two options and all and Rosa seems... broken.  :V

I noticed you can choose between two options while selecting characters, what does this do exactly?

On another note, I fired up Ketsui again today since ages and perfected the descent section in stage 5! \o/

Drake

The option either shows the tutorial explaining how to play, or doesn't. Magnificent, ain't it?

[14:56] <Drake> I told my dad "Okay, well I ordered this game almost a month ago. It finally arrived today, which I was hoping it to because I have the entire weekend off and nobody else is home to bother. It got here, and I was like 'fuck yes' this is perfect. Then Ryan revealed that they were taking the 360 to Brereton."
[14:57] <Drake> he laughed at me :C

Whoa, I tried B-Exy in DOJBL and got to the beehive section. Maybe I should just start using that. Bombs are for little girls (who fly and shoot tons of projectiles at each other) anyway.

How do you unlock the X-mode? Do I just need to play the game enough or is there something else I need to do? I already got unlimited credits but X-mode still isn't showing.
"First of all, for those who've cleared the game, please try playing for more points." - ZUN

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
Whoa, I tried B-Exy in DOJBL and got to the beehive section. Maybe I should just start using that. Bombs are for little girls (who fly and shoot tons of projectiles at each other) anyway.

How do you unlock the X-mode? Do I just need to play the game enough or is there something else I need to do? I already got unlimited credits but X-mode still isn't showing.
Just play the game more, it'll unlock after time. And nice to see you playing this awesome game! :P Started chaining anything yet?

Also goddamn the one time I keep my medal chain and control rank well, I miss the extend and game over to Black Heart. >:V
Let's fight.

I bought mine here: http://www.gamebaz.com/?a=i&i=18575U. It seems they still have some used ones in stock.

Just play the game more, it'll unlock after time. And nice to see you playing this awesome game! :P Started chaining anything yet?

Well I try, and fail miserably at pretty much all possible chokepoints. Fortunately it still seems possible to get both extends with all the easy chains available. I should also stop thinking "Hey, I should hyper this boss phase, I have survived that once or twice before" and maybe I could 1-all this someday.

Also goddamn the one time I keep my medal chain and control rank well, I miss the extend and game over to Black Heart. >:V

Well the start of the next stage is pretty much designed to break your medal chain unless you're some sort of crazy expert.
"First of all, for those who've cleared the game, please try playing for more points." - ZUN

omgrandomnumbers

• ( Very Slowly) Rising Star
  • Physically unable to take it easy
How in the name of the dark gods do you do the third boss's second pattern in Crimzon Clover? Your ship can't move as fast as the rotating lasers do. I got a great run up to the boss, am finally starting to get Stage 2 down, scored 66 oku, but the 1cc is as far away as ever. I'm thinking you have to save Break mode for the fast section, but I panicked.

Bananamatic

No idea either :V the thing I'm afraid of is the rest of the game, as the first 3 stages are already way too long.

So STGT starts in ~2 days, I guess we're not bothering with a banner?

Who's pumped for
Spoiler:
DANGUN FEVERON
week? :3

ebarrett

Who's pumped for
Spoiler:
DANGUN FEVERON

If that does happen I'll run naked around the block. Not that I'm extremely good at it, just because that one is FUN unlike a lot of the stuff shmups.org drolls over.

Matsuri

So STGT starts in ~2 days, I guess we're not bothering with a banner?

Who's pumped for
Spoiler:
DANGUN FEVERON

I've been distracted with stuff. Give me a break. ._.

Drake

again

Hibachi would keep me warm at night. <3

Formless God

IT'S BLUSHING

Matsuri

again

We shall use that if I don't come up with something this weekend =O

Bananamatic

If that does happen I'll run naked around the block. Not that I'm extremely good at it, just because that one is FUN unlike a lot of the stuff shmups.org drolls over.
won't happen because of the super gay default highscores

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
Revised my rank control since I had some stuff backward (picking up options rather than powering up, for example) and finally progressed in Garegga; reached the third phase of the Stage 6 boss at 6.2m. Starting to get to grips with Stage 6 including the turret wall, lowered rank really really helps here. :V I can't see myself hitting the 7m extend before Black Heart Mk. II though, so I guess I'll just have to stock up on lives before Stage 6 and deal with the higher rank if I want to reach the final stage.

Replay here.

Spoiler:
Also I really really like that Hibachi banner ahahahaha

EDIT: Aaaaaand 6.4m. Probably would have made it to the boss/stage 7 if not for dying twice on Stage 6 before the turret wall (which meant that I did that section without dying, of course :V). Shouldn't take too long to make it there, I'm consistently getting to Stage 6 at a manageable rank now even with spare lives.

EDIT2: 6.5m. Died twice to the Stage 6 boss. I have no idea how to do the crazy shit he pulls out for the third phase, and I blow all my bombs destroying the tank-spawners on the stage section. >:V
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 08:43:01 PM by Sapz »
Let's fight.

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
Doublepost because of significant progress and editing over and over is pretty boring.

...I just game over'd to Black Heart Mk. II with 7.2m. :D Screwed up very very fast due to nerves, but I haven't felt elated for a boss to completely kick my ass like this in quite a while. Definitely getting to grips with Stage 6 now, but clearing it with enough resources to take on BH Mk.II and Glow Squid is going to take a while.

Replay here.
Let's fight.

omgrandomnumbers

• ( Very Slowly) Rising Star
  • Physically unable to take it easy
No idea either :V the thing I'm afraid of is the rest of the game, as the first 3 stages are already way too long.

So, what you're saying is I'm better than you? /troll

I don't think the stages are too long - only Stage 2 grates, and that's because you have to stay on the ball and stop enemies from spawning and making it impossible to turn around.

KOA

• 決意するがよい
    • HP
the rotating lasers are really hard and I can successfully dodge that phase 1/3 of the time. You have to stay really close to it while moving around.

YouTube - Website - Blog - Ask me anything
You can do anything you set your mind to, but only if there's slowdown.

THE NEXT DODONPACHI! also note the Ketsui influences

I'm afraid I might have scared two of my friends off of danmaku games for good. :( I brought my Xbox to a friend's house and we started playing around with Futari Novice. However after a few beers it quickly went into creditfeeding 2-5 Ura in Ketsui just to die at Doom 15 million times. I really should learn to stop showing all the crazy batshit insane stuff no matter how much I love it.

Sapz: Damn, you're not really going to 1cc Garegga now are you?

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
I'm afraid I might have scared two of my friends off of danmaku games for good. :( I brought my Xbox to a friend's house and we started playing around with Futari Novice. However after a few beers it quickly went into creditfeeding 2-5 Ura in Ketsui just to die at Doom 15 million times. I really should learn to stop showing all the crazy batshit insane stuff no matter how much I love it.
Hahahaha, I do this to my friends all the time too. It actually got one of them started on MAME shmups, he's started practicing DDP. He can't understand how I 'manage to look at all the bullets' yet, though. :V
Sapz: Damn, you're not really going to 1cc Garegga now are you?
Maybe in a few months. :P Reaching the sixth boss at all is still pretty rare for me, let alone with some spare lives like on that run yesterday. Also, Black Heart Mk. II is terrifying.
Let's fight.

Bananamatic

I really hate how Batrider gives extends.
Got to the st5 boss on Normal, reached the second extend...and nothing because you need to shoot a popcorn to get the extend :V

lmagus

• I HATE VoWG
    • My Youtube
Wow I hadn't played for a while, reached Ketsui's 4th boss..

I thought I was finally going to see 5th stage on a proper run, but it wasn't this time yet :P

Also game overed on Larsa for the 50th time on Maniac =(
Current Goal: PCB Lunatic 1cc
Watch me on Youtube

Drake

Hahahaha, I do this to my friends all the time too. It actually got one of them started on MAME shmups, he's started practicing DDP. He can't understand how I 'manage to look at all the bullets' yet, though. :V

KOA

• 決意するがよい
    • HP

YouTube - Website - Blog - Ask me anything
You can do anything you set your mind to, but only if there's slowdown.