Author Topic: Nobody Cares How Bad You Are at Touhou! (Accomplishments IX)  (Read 153819 times)

Anima Zero

• Captain of the Spear
Re: Nobody Cares How Bad You Are at Touhou! (Accomplishments IX)
« Reply #450 on: August 18, 2010, 12:54:22 PM »
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=9886

Fairy Wars Normal 1cc on the A1 route.  Didn't take too terribly long to get either.  Now to start working on another, most likely harder, route.
"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero..." Zero, Mega Man Zero 4

« Reply #451 on: August 18, 2010, 04:46:57 PM »
I guess I should post this here: EoSD Lunatic 1cc. Some days ago I started to feel like I should finally do the Lunatics, with all my arcade shmup experience I should be skilled enough for that. EoSD was the first in line and was surprisingly tricky. How hard is it generally considered among the Lunatics?

First five stages went really well. Remilia on the other hand went horribly, but luckily I had 4 extra lives to waste there.
"First of all, for those who've cleared the game, please try playing for more points." - ZUN

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #452 on: August 18, 2010, 05:31:57 PM »
EoSD is probably one of the trickier ones. Lots of randomness and the game gives you generally less resources than normal.

Congrats by the way!

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #453 on: August 19, 2010, 12:24:41 AM »
oh cool

I just perfected Gengetu out of absolutely nowhere after going "hey I really like ReimuB why haven't I beaten LLS Extra with her yet"

LLS Extra cleared with all shot types, although more because I didn't bother earlier then I couldn't. The main point here is ReimuB clear 5 lives 2 or 3 bombs and PERFECTED GENGETU YEAAAAAH. I even closely grazed her spark-laser! (I was way inside of it, amazed I didn't die)

also, finally didn't hit Mugetu's timeout phase due to non-max power ReimuB =|
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 12:27:14 AM by NeoSerela »
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #454 on: August 19, 2010, 12:31:26 AM »
GFW Lunatic 1cc (route A-1).

I'm fucking shaking right now. That was way too close for comfort. Doesn't help that, once again, most of my deaths occurred because I got hit just before I released the freeze button. Why the hell is this plaguing me so much?
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

« Reply #455 on: August 19, 2010, 01:46:24 AM »
EoSD - normal 1cc all attack types - extra beaten with MarisaB
PCB - hard 1cc with ReimuA - phantasm beaten with all attack types - no death run of phantasm
IN - hard 1cc with ReimuSolo - captured all cards, all difficulties on stages 1-5, only missing hourai elixer lunatic in 6A, missing all lunatic level spellcards in 6B but have everything else except hourai jewel on all other difficulties, only missing imperishable shooting in extra, missing reimu's, marisa's, ExKeine's, Remilia's, Youmu's and Yukari's last words (unlocked but not captured). Missing a total of 19 spellcards in the whole game, 11 of which I haven't seen because I can't get to finalB on lunatic.
MoF - normal 1cc with every attack type - extra beaten with ReimuA and MarisaBroken.
SA - normal 1cc with all attack types - hard 1cc wth ReimuC - Extra cleared with ReimuA and ReimuC - Lunatic cleared with ReimuC
UFO - normal 1cc with all attack types - beaten extra with ReimuB, MarisaA and SanaeB

StB - 46 of 66 scenes
DS - unlocked extra but not spoiler

« Reply #456 on: August 19, 2010, 03:05:47 AM »
GFW Lunatic 1cc (route A-1).

I'm fucking shaking right now. That was way too close for comfort. Doesn't help that, once again, most of my deaths occurred because I got hit just before I released the freeze button. Why the hell is this plaguing me so much?

Happens to me all the time. It's like I treat it as a deathbomb or something. Congratulations on the 1cc, in any case! Have you considered posting your score?

Quote from: This Thread, Recently
Extra, Lunatic, Hard, Normal and Easy clears, various other stuff, etc.

Congratulations to all! So many accomplishments I can't really devote a "congratulations" to each one, but I've certainly read and acknowledged them all :V
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 05:27:17 AM by Naut »

shin.juku

« Reply #457 on: August 19, 2010, 03:24:28 AM »
I 1cc'd IaMP on Easy!

And I finally beat SA on Easy after a week of trying!

I really do suck at Touhou games ._.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
« Reply #458 on: August 19, 2010, 05:34:05 AM »
GFW Lunatic 1cc uploaded to Youtube if anyone's interested. It's only been several days since release, after all.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

« Reply #459 on: August 19, 2010, 09:32:36 AM »
Finally 1cced PCB lunatic last night.
My frist touhou lunatic 1cc 2 days after I installed vsync patch. I guess it does help more than realized.
Im pretty pumped since 3 months ago I thought easy mode was impossible to clear.

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
« Reply #460 on: August 19, 2010, 04:34:14 PM »
I beat Remilia (normal, obviously) for the first time today, and I think I had a whole extra continue I didn't even use  :V

I was fighting some pretty lame random lag from Stage 5 on, it'd jump from like 60->20->15->60->30->60->etc fps every few seconds randomly and settle for a bit before jumping again, I'm not sure if it made things harder or easier BUT WHATEVER I BEAT IT SO HOORAY.

« Reply #461 on: August 19, 2010, 05:12:45 PM »
GREAT FAIRY WARS LUNATIC 1CC FINALLY

Been working on this since the game came out, jesus I'm slow (I've never actually played anything but Lunatic in this game, actually...) It's the A-2 route, first Lunatic 1cc of that route in the West, I believe. The battle against the three fairies was hilariously bad, my dad kept yelling at me to go get Chinese takeout, causing me to fail like half the stuff I usually Silver Medal. >_>

Now to unlock Extra!

Inactive person

• カナ●アナベラルは俺の嫁 異議は認めない
  • I'm never on :V
« Reply #462 on: August 19, 2010, 05:47:31 PM »
GFW EXTRA CLEAR

Finally done with Fairy War for now.  Now to beat that MoF Lunatic.

Formless God

« Reply #463 on: August 19, 2010, 08:57:46 PM »
This :

Gold Medal GET

Submit the score! It looks better than certain other individuals'  :V
> better than Donut

O RLY ? :3
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 09:13:53 PM by Formless Gengetsu »

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
« Reply #464 on: August 20, 2010, 01:17:10 AM »
GFW Extra clear.

Blarg. I was completely and totally surprised to see how many lives I had left at the survival. None of my previous runs came remotely close to that. I'll get this to Youtube shortly. EDIT: Here.

And I'm also sick and tired of dying when I know I released the freeze button in time. I'll come back to this game later.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 05:35:42 AM by Funen1 »

8lue Wizard

• Cobalt Magician
  • (Apparently)
« Reply #465 on: August 20, 2010, 02:47:50 AM »
Grrr... stupid beach, cutting into my playing time.

Number seven. I'd say I was getting better at this, but I have it on good authority this is one of the easier ones... meh. A clear's a clear.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #466 on: August 20, 2010, 03:16:41 AM »
You haven't beaten phantasm? If you've beaten PCB extra, you're more than capable of beating phantasm, just so you know.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Drake

« Reply #467 on: August 20, 2010, 04:55:05 AM »
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=9921

This was the most hilarious run I've had ever. Just changed some vsync patch settings around and suddenly I'M JESUS
NO I DIDN'T 1CC THAT'S NOT THE POINT JUST WATCH IT OKAY

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #468 on: August 20, 2010, 05:06:03 AM »
108/108 scenes cleared in DS.

No, GFW isn't the only game that anyone can play now.

8lue Wizard

• Cobalt Magician
  • (Apparently)
« Reply #469 on: August 20, 2010, 05:09:35 AM »
You haven't beaten phantasm? If you've beaten PCB extra, you're more than capable of beating phantasm, just so you know.

Yeah, laziness.

Also, I have beaten PCB extra. That doesn't necessarily mean I can beat PCB extra. Consistency never was my strong point.

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #470 on: August 20, 2010, 05:56:19 AM »
Yeah, laziness.

Also, I have beaten PCB extra. That doesn't necessarily mean I can beat PCB extra. Consistency never was my strong point.
You'd be surprised with Phantasm.
Granted, there are some things to learn (stage - extra enemies, cards are different, etc),
but quite a few of Yukari's cards are easier than Ran's version.

I was extremely inconsistent with extra before.
Then, on my 4th try with phantasm, I made it to the 8th card while entering Yukari 1/0.
I was still inconsistent though, until I discovered the vsync patch and beat Yukari a few days after.
Now it's quite effortless to beat phantasm for me, much like Mokou(!).

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
« Reply #471 on: August 20, 2010, 01:30:43 PM »
I finally got the hang of Fairy Wars and unlocked Extra. Now to see how long it will take me to beat it.  :V
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

« Reply #472 on: August 20, 2010, 10:19:57 PM »
Finally managed my first UFO Hard 1cc

« Reply #473 on: August 20, 2010, 10:55:11 PM »
Ah. Finally probation's are over. And quite a lot of people have done great things in the meantime. EoSD Lunatic 1cc, not bad. That is certainly one of the harder games to do.

As for myself, i played a bit of GFW. A bit. Its not really the game for me but i have managed to get a Lunatic 1cc after just two attempts not counting restarts to get Stage 1 right.

nintendonut888

« Reply #474 on: August 21, 2010, 12:34:16 AM »
Reached the 3 fairies on A1 lunatic without continuing. Then I continued three times because I was not prepared for any of their attacks on lunatic. Still, progress. May as well 1cc the easiest route to say I've done it.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #475 on: August 21, 2010, 04:10:32 AM »
I will say that Star Sapphire as the leader is the most fun out of all the possible Three Fairies battles, for Q.E.D. FREEZE~

Alice★f

• That uncanny smile...
  • Kuroya Shinobu strikes again
    • TsundereWorks' Mo? Blog
« Reply #476 on: August 21, 2010, 04:17:34 AM »
Cleared Fairy Wars

A2 Route

Time for me to read up on this game because mechanics are different and I continued too many times. =/
Dodging isn't hard, until you get this huge dense spam and etc.

EDIT:

Shoot with C instead of tapping with Z and not focusing >.<
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 04:26:50 AM by Yukimura❖Reika »

DeviantArtPixivTsundere WorksYoutubeNEW! Liz Triangle's S4U
日本語勉強中 | Touhou Hard Modo Gamer

nintendonut888

« Reply #477 on: August 21, 2010, 05:28:18 AM »
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=9942

Voila, A1 lunatic 1cc. This was fun to get. Now to focus my attention on other games until the English patch comes out...

« Reply #478 on: August 21, 2010, 07:22:43 AM »
And GFW Extra clear. Surprisingly enough this took more effort than beating Lunatic mode. But really, i think this fight sucks. The only attacks of hers i liked are "Fairy Destruction Ray" and Love Sign "Master Spark-like Flashlight"

But it does feel good to be done with it.

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #479 on: August 21, 2010, 11:02:19 AM »
UFO Extra Clear!
Gosh that took a surprisingly long time, with lots of agony too!

Now, GFW Extra doesn't look any easier; if anything, it looks a lot harder! :V
The stage, especially, is freaking long and brutal like UFO, which I hated.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 11:10:01 AM by jsonchiu »