Author Topic: Touhou Despair Thread - Endless 8  (Read 151688 times)

Re: Touhou Despair Thread - Endless 8
« Reply #661 on: August 29, 2010, 08:05:33 PM »

Autumn

• Autumn is coming!~~~
« Reply #662 on: August 29, 2010, 08:10:10 PM »
After Utsuho's 3rd non-spell, I rushed toward the life star thing that appeared...

And that's when she summoned "Fixed Star".

CRASH

Dammit and I could have beaten normal too...   :ohdear:

« Reply #663 on: August 29, 2010, 11:17:36 PM »
I just failed Flaw of Forgiving Shrine.
Then I captured Volcano in the same run.

Seriously, what the hell.
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

Kauhava

• I TOLD YOU ABOUT THE STAIRS BRO
  • I TOLD YOU DOG!
« Reply #664 on: August 30, 2010, 07:04:22 AM »
Kanako's last survival card won't let me clear MoF on Normal. This one and the homing knives one have been denying me victory for half a year.
I promised myself that I'd clear it during the summer holidays; my failure will be complete the day after tomorrow.
Look at Yukari, now back to Reimu, now back to Yukari, now back to Reimu. Sadly, her armpits are not seen. But if you donate to the Hakurei Shrine Yukari's armpits can feel like they're Reimu's.
Look down, back up. Where are you?
You're in Gensokyou, with the woman the hag could have armpits like. What's in the gap? Back to Yukari. It's two tickets down the Sanzu river. Look again.
The tickets are now pads!
Everything is possible when Yukari smells like Reimu and not like an old hag. We're on a train.

« Reply #665 on: August 30, 2010, 04:45:38 PM »
Tried MoF Hard no bombs because Lunatic is way too hard for me like that.

Deaths:

Hina's midboss card
Nitori's Extending Arm card(Not a surprise, also don't remember how long the actual name is)
Saruta Cross
Aya's second nonspell
Game over on Sanae's midboss card, so you can guess how well(bad) stage 5 went.

« Reply #666 on: August 30, 2010, 05:28:14 PM »
Hina's midboss card

Why didn't you restart then?

« Reply #667 on: August 30, 2010, 05:32:30 PM »
Because I'm comfortable with almost everything in the game on Hard and figured dying there was a nonissue. Though I forgot how much faster Nitori's midboss card was, but it wasn't an issue.

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
« Reply #668 on: August 30, 2010, 05:40:01 PM »
Why should he?
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

« Reply #669 on: August 30, 2010, 05:42:27 PM »
Why should he?

Because a death in Stage 2 isn't desirable when going for a No-bombs run.

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
« Reply #670 on: August 30, 2010, 05:48:52 PM »
Because a death in Stage 2 isn't desirable when going for a No-bombs run.
Neither is a death anywhere else. It depends on wether or not you are content that you can get consistently significantly farther than the place where you died. Many first time accomplishments like 1ccs or even no-bomb-runs will upon retrospection show that there was at least one death that was quite early and/or plain stupid and avoidable.

My perfect lunatic Kanako battle is preceded by dying twice to the stage. Anything is possible.  :derp:

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

« Reply #671 on: August 30, 2010, 05:59:25 PM »
My perfect lunatic Kanako battle is preceded by dying twice to the stage. Anything is possible.  :derp:

I just meant that its wise to avoid any easily avoidable deaths to give greater room for error later on. When i made a No-Bombs Hard 1cc a while back i got through the first three stages NDNB but still managed to almost lose my run in the end because of things like, well, Stage 5. And some stupid mistakes. There is also mistakes that are quite hard to see coming. Like mistapping and generally failing at something you are normally 100% consistent at. And it is at those points its nice to not have died during the easiest part of the game.

HGR

« Reply #672 on: August 30, 2010, 07:38:11 PM »

Beat Yumemi first try, too. Whoops.

« Reply #673 on: August 30, 2010, 08:29:29 PM »

Because restarting every time you don't perfect the game up till stage X gets very old, very fast, and you still have a bunch of resources. My PCB lunatic 1cc came after fighting the most powerful urge imaginable to restart after dying twice with full bombs to Spring Kyoto dolls.
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #674 on: August 30, 2010, 08:37:16 PM »
Because restarting every time you don't perfect the game up till stage X gets very old, very fast,
Agreed. I only restart if I actually die like 4 times before stage 4.
It still bugs me a lot though, in a run where I could've 1cced EoSD lunatic if not for a death in Rumia.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #675 on: August 30, 2010, 09:56:45 PM »
I died twice to Hina in my Lunatic 1cc.

And I still ended 2/4.

« Reply #676 on: August 31, 2010, 01:21:02 PM »
I hate Reimu's fight. Let's die 6 times because Sakuya completely sucks.

A Sakuya solo 1cc wouldn't even be that hard if she didn't have to fight Reimu.

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
« Reply #677 on: August 31, 2010, 01:45:40 PM »
So apparently freezing too many bullets, as in, say, the yellow-green streaming part during Extra, causes me slowdown.

...  :(

« Reply #678 on: August 31, 2010, 05:29:38 PM »
I just failed Wizards Fox Thoughts.
Quote from Myosotis:

Jiju

• Newbie Spriter
  • :3
« Reply #679 on: August 31, 2010, 06:41:16 PM »
My last lunatic 1cc attemp ended by GameOvering in Cephalic Plate  :V
I blame myself for not bombing.

« Reply #680 on: August 31, 2010, 08:58:22 PM »
I almost didn't clear this

I need to play UFO Extra more often because I barely ever do so every run I do completely fails.

SegaSaturnGal

• Ruuuruuu...
  • Definition of homedog: Kneesocks.
    • SegaSaturnGal's deviantART
« Reply #681 on: September 01, 2010, 01:32:27 AM »
SWR's story mode is H-A-R-D for me...I obviously need to play as other characters besides Remilia.
"Exemplary behavior! Civil minds! Disciplined bodies! That which holds the essence of true beauty!" -Kneesocks, Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt

Udongein

« Reply #682 on: September 01, 2010, 01:36:04 AM »
IaMP/SWR/Soku is H-A-R-D for me
^How I feel about the fighters in general.

Pretty sure I (barely) managed a 1cc with Reisen on Normal, though I can't really bring myself to care enough to find out how broken she is/isn't.
Anyway, from my somewhat limited experience with SWR, Remilia isn't that bad. Though if someone else wants to correct me feel free.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #683 on: September 01, 2010, 01:50:06 AM »
SWR's story mode is H-A-R-D for me...I obviously need to play as other characters besides Remilia.
Took me quiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiite a while to Lunatic 1cc that one.  Master Spark's invincibility frames were the only way I could beat Scarlet Weather Rapture of All Mankind.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #684 on: September 01, 2010, 01:51:57 AM »
I really would not recommend trying anything big with Remilia's story mode unless you're really confident in her, since it's so much longer than everyone but Tenshi's.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #685 on: September 01, 2010, 04:18:04 AM »
While I know the fighters (or used to know them, it's been awhile) inside and out, I couldn't get into story mode outside of IaMP.  Opponents with super armor = combos become impossible = screw this.

Basically what I'm saying is, I can't really help with story mode, because characters that are good outside of it could be useless in it, and vice versa.  Generally speaking, I remember Reimu's, Marisa's, and Sakuya's scenarios all being beatable with 236C abuse, and remember Reisen's being easiest due to it only being three stages long.

ebarrett

« Reply #686 on: September 01, 2010, 04:35:34 AM »
Story mode: find something abuseable, abuse it,  you don't even need to learn to play the game

I did IaMP and SWR with Alice, IaMP by kicking everyone in the shins and SWR by lolsemirandomdollspam. And Hisoutensoku has Cirno's 6C.

« Reply #687 on: September 01, 2010, 04:38:59 AM »
Story mode: find something abuseable, abuse it,  you don't even need to learn to play the game

I did IaMP and SWR with Alice, IaMP by kicking everyone in the shins and SWR by lolsemirandomdollspam. And Hisoutensoku has Cirno's 6C.
See, this is exactly what I'm talking about.  It's like an entirely different game; instead of learning combos, mixups, etc. you just find something that works and abuse it.  Characters with powerful one-shot moves suddenly become god tier.

Chainsaw Guitar

« Reply #688 on: September 01, 2010, 05:04:30 AM »
The same goes for pretty much every other fighting game. You'll always be in for a nasty surprise when you play against an actual person for the first time no matter how good the AI may seem at first.

« Reply #689 on: September 01, 2010, 07:21:19 AM »
Because restarting every time you don't perfect the game up till stage X gets very old, very fast, and you still have a bunch of resources. My PCB lunatic 1cc came after fighting the most powerful urge imaginable to restart after dying twice with full bombs to Spring Kyoto dolls.

Alright i guess.