Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 4F  (Read 241111 times)

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 4F
« Reply #810 on: July 25, 2010, 05:17:42 PM »
Character stat addresses differ for everyone. For characters like Wriggle, their addresses change every time you run the game.

Bananamatic

« Reply #811 on: July 25, 2010, 05:51:54 PM »
Not like they are hard to find anyways

find address<18F's TP>
get into the battle, cast the buff
find next address: decreased by<18F's TP>
not too many should pop up, copy them all
run from battle, return to gensokyo
one of them changes to the original TP value

anyways...tried Winner at lv490, managed to do 10m damage or so before he decided to use Ringil and destroy the 2 front chars :V

Soul Sword "Scimitar" is really weak for some reason(but causes death), the elemental wands are manageable but Ringil does like...230k to the front row chars. Does he have anything stronger?

Is it possible to do at 550? He doesn't really seem THAT strong and he has many almost pointless attacks...I'll increase my affinities to 100 and get everyone atleast one Exoskeleton if possible.

also goddamnit mr. programmer, why did you change Winner's boss theme from the final boss one to the generic plus disk one?

That is if you pick the original BGMs, the new one gives him the same theme as SoC and Hibachi had - and I'm already sick of it.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 05:53:50 PM by Bananamatic »

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #812 on: July 25, 2010, 05:58:34 PM »
Not like they are hard to find anyways

find address<18F's TP>
get into the battle, cast the buff
find next address: decreased by<18F's TP>
not too many should pop up, copy them all
run from battle, return to gensokyo
one of them changes to the original TP value

anyways...tried Winner at lv490, managed to do 10m damage or so before he decided to use Ringil and destroy the 2 front chars :V

Soul Sword "Scimitar" is really weak for some reason(but causes death), the elemental wands are manageable but Ringil does like...230k to the front row chars. Does he have anything stronger?

Is it possible to do at 550? He doesn't really seem THAT strong and he has many almost pointless attacks...I'll increase my affinities to 100 and get everyone atleast one Exoskeleton if possible.

also goddamnit mr. programmer, why did you change Winner's boss theme from the final boss one to the generic plus disk one?

That is if you pick the original BGMs, the new one gives him the same theme as SoC and Hibachi had - and I'm already sick of it.

You mean they cut out like the best song in the game so that you never hear it except for 20f boss?! ghaghaghagh.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #813 on: July 25, 2010, 06:02:44 PM »
did you really have to quote his whole long post to say that :V
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Bananamatic

« Reply #814 on: July 25, 2010, 06:04:06 PM »
Yes. I wonder what they were smoking :colonveeplusalpha:

Not only they butchered the special disk BGMs, they also managed to screw up the old ones in the progress.

Oh, and Youmu/Alice theme now seems a bit too silent...atleast in the 30F fights.

Axel Ryman

• Fear me
« Reply #815 on: July 25, 2010, 06:06:17 PM »
You mean they cut out like the best song in the game so that you never hear it except for 20f boss?! ghaghaghagh.

darkaliar? Best song in the game?

Yeah I agree.  :V Its the only song from the game I've added to my iPod playlist.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #816 on: July 25, 2010, 06:17:14 PM »
darkaliar? Best song in the game?

Yeah I agree.  :V Its the only song from the game I've added to my iPod playlist.

Yeah it's pretty "baller" (I hate that expression lol). I really like the floor 10-12 music, as well as the floor 9/...19 I THINK  (9 for sure) music. 16F boss's would be cool if it wasn't so damn short and repetative, 18f's has a super cool last minute, but the rest of it sounds like an intro than something you can enjoy on repeat mode.

Myschi

• cawcawcawcaw
    • The Grass Feels Like Pants
« Reply #817 on: July 25, 2010, 07:07:16 PM »
Sooo... this may have already been answered once already (either in this thread or a previous one), so apologies if that's so.

But, I happened upon an image (http://www.pooshlmer.com/wakaba/src/1280016517875.png this, to be exact) and it was mentioned the guy in question swapped out the sprites.

Soo... two questions, if nobody minds. First, how do ya do that? Second, are there any... uh... 'sprite packs,' I guess you'd call it?

Thanks in advance, all.

« Reply #818 on: July 25, 2010, 07:22:47 PM »
If you have v3.01 (the Special Disk), you can replace the graphics for the party members by placing your new graphics in the CharaGraph folder; this post describes the format. If you don't want to put together a graphics set of your own, an SWR-styled one can be downloaded from here.

Bananamatic

« Reply #819 on: July 25, 2010, 07:25:40 PM »
hibachi twins v2
Also, how many people actually beat Winner by grinding all the way to him?
I only know about Trance which took it to the extreme :V

Rikter

• VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
  • AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
« Reply #820 on: July 25, 2010, 08:53:21 PM »
So do they already have a Special disc translation out? Also how do you even install the special disc?

Parallaxal

• Moon Sign "Theft of Dreams"
« Reply #821 on: July 25, 2010, 09:04:22 PM »
And yeah, CLD/WND don't really have nukes until Kanako.

Suika and Throwing Atlas would like to have a word with you.

« Reply #822 on: July 25, 2010, 09:14:38 PM »
CLD's still practically nonexistent though.  Outside of Cirno and Kanako I can think of three CLD spells (Patch, Nitori, Suwako) and none of them are nukes.

Unrelated, is it possible to change the displayed names of characters as well as the portraits?  I want to change 18F into something that isn't against my religion, but the name's going to bug me whenever I see it. :V
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 09:19:34 PM by Esoterica »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #823 on: July 25, 2010, 09:28:56 PM »
Oh yeaaaaah. She's pretty useful until you get buffers like Renko. Well there isn't any OTHER notable WND spells before Kanako :V (lol aya and yukari)
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #824 on: July 25, 2010, 09:37:15 PM »
(Ha ha, old chap! aya and yukari)
and youmu and iku and patch

EDIT: Mokou has one too, though it's not terribly good.

Bananamatic

« Reply #825 on: July 25, 2010, 09:42:27 PM »
So do they already have a Special disc translation out? Also how do you even install the special disc?
it's like a new game, just replace the new save folder with the one you previously had
and yeah, there is a translation

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
  • Who is it that calls for me?
« Reply #826 on: July 25, 2010, 09:54:06 PM »
So I'm back at 10-12F IRON MAZE. Ugh... I don't look forward to this. On another note, I'm finding it increasingly harder to narrow down to a team I like as I recruit more people.

Right now my team is as follows:
Reimu
Marisa
Remilia
Meiling
Sakuya
Patchouli
Minoriko
Youmu
Wriggle
Rumia
Nitori

Rumia is mostly just in for BP and I'll switch her back for Chen once I get that. I'm satisfied with how everyone else is performing but I seem to be lacking in durability. I might consider switching in Komachi in place of someone.... but who?
Suwako

Bananamatic

« Reply #827 on: July 25, 2010, 10:02:03 PM »
Sakuya? The only thing she can do is buff speed :V

« Reply #828 on: July 25, 2010, 10:22:31 PM »
Sakuya? The only thing she can do is buff speed :V
Same with Aya, and between the two it's personal preference. :V

That said, the team looks good.  If you put in Komachi though, you should probably put her in place of either Meiling or Remi, unless you're not afraid of your team being on the tanky side, or Wriggle since their poisons will probably override each other.  Assuming you're building Komachi as a tank, anyway.  I only use Suwako for bosses with PAR vulnerability; she's fine for sweeping trash, but I got sick of her getting  1-shot by said trash if they got to move.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 10:38:25 PM by Esoterica »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #829 on: July 25, 2010, 10:27:41 PM »
Removing actual tanks that can stay out in exchange for Komachi is lol. Komachi takes massive damage from everything, so you either have to have a dedicated Komachi healer or switch her out a lot. And if you're using Wriggle, Komachi will just screw up Wriggle's poison (well, actually I dunno if low poison overrides high poison, but it's not unlikely).

Not to say Komachi isn't useful, but having tanks that can stay out by themselves is more important.

But yeah, that team looks pretty fine.

« Reply #830 on: July 25, 2010, 10:39:44 PM »
Removing actual tanks that can stay out in exchange for Komachi is Ha ha, old chap!. Komachi takes massive damage from everything, so you either have to have a dedicated Komachi healer or switch her out a lot. And if you're using Wriggle, Komachi will just screw up Wriggle's poison (well, actually I dunno if low poison overrides high poison, but it's not unlikely).

Not to say Komachi isn't useful, but having tanks that can stay out by themselves is more important.

But yeah, that team looks pretty fine.
Komachi's fine if you pump her resistances and use her against elemental bosses or bosses that use def-ignoring attacks.  She's also fine as a secondary tank, which is what I'm pretty sure he's using Remi for.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #831 on: July 25, 2010, 11:37:25 PM »
Same with Aya, and between the two it's personal preference. :V

You forgot the part where Aya's damage doesn't completely suck shit

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

« Reply #832 on: July 25, 2010, 11:53:37 PM »
They both hit abut the same for me, except Soul Sculpture's multi-target.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #833 on: July 25, 2010, 11:56:04 PM »

i don't know man

i had to grind out Sakuya like three times as much before I could get them to do the same amount of damage :derp:

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #834 on: July 25, 2010, 11:57:48 PM »

That's what I was going to say. Aya CAN actually do fairly respectable DPS, as an added bonus she has wind nukes, which as is already stated, are a little bit uncommon. She's also one of the best trash owners in the game with her speed. Fast like chen, and capable of aoeing. Her mass aoe wind nuke is often capable of ohkoing all those really fast pesky enemies like spiral divers, eyes of twilight, strategists, etc. Plus her moves are physical, not mnd-based. As people mention, there are less physical attckers than magic, so that always helps.

I honestly think people who prefer Sakuya just kind of make half-assed assumptions that group buff > single buff no matter what. But the fact is aya's buff is noticeably better, with much less delay, I think it more than makes up for that.

Of course, Aya isn't as tanky as sakuya, but she CAN take a hit from just about anybody, even if you gear her up for offense. If you just want a speed buffer, by all means focus on defense gear, in which case she DEFINATELY can take any hit.

I found that Killing doll would hit for 0-> less than HALF of my standard-powered nukes (marisa's magic missle, chen's individual flights, etc)...with 0 being fairly common. Soul sculpture hits for a decent amount yes, but the delay is awful for bosses, and it really isn't any better than decent.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 12:00:01 AM by Ghaleon »

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #835 on: July 25, 2010, 11:58:42 PM »
Aya was the MVP again when I accidentally ran into one of the 14F minibosses. Dealt 20000 damage with each Peerless Wind God, after Komachi and Reisen and Suwako did their debuffs and paralysis and stuff. Sure, she only got 3 PWG before needing to switch out, but she recovers all her SP in like three turns.
Comparatively, Yuugi did about 30000, and Chen was doing 10000 per Flight of Idaten, but she can't spam it as quickly.

On another note, Reimu didn't even have the SP to use Exorcising Border when we entered the fight, and I didn't bring Eirin, Sanae, or Minoriko.

(BTW, even if Aya and Sakuya hit the same, I dunno if Sakuya can raise her own speed while attacking)

« Reply #836 on: July 26, 2010, 12:04:06 AM »
For me they both hit like crap despite getting all their level bonuses in attack, but whatever.  I use Aya as well, I'm just saying Sakuya's not terribad in comparison.  Both are used for buffing speed most of the time anyway.

(BTW, even if Aya and Sakuya hit the same, I dunno if Sakuya can raise her own speed while attacking)
PWG doesn't increase speed by as much as SG and has more delay and a higher SP cost.  It's nice to be able to deal a bit of damage while buffing, but more often than not I get a lot more benefit from casting SG twice on herself so she can buff everyone else in record time.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #837 on: July 26, 2010, 12:06:31 AM »
For me they both hit like crap despite getting all their level bonuses in attack, but whatever.  I use Aya as well, I'm just saying Sakuya's not terribad in comparison.  Both are used for buffing speed most of the time anyway.

i have to question how you're twinking their offense

'cause for me Aya almost always does quadruple the amount of damage Sakuya does and that isn't even against weakness

Well whatever I'm just saying it's a little weird they both hit for around the same damage :V

Bananamatic

« Reply #838 on: July 26, 2010, 12:06:40 AM »
okay, not completely

but she still isn't an attacker or a tank

she is good for buffing speed and both speed buffers suck because they can't do anything else

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #839 on: July 26, 2010, 12:07:50 AM »
okay, not completely

but she still isn't an attacker or a tank

she is good for buffing speed and both speed buffers suck because they can't do anything else

yeah i never said she was an attacker

i just said she's way way way better than SAKUYA on the offense