Author Topic: Team Fortress 4  (Read 105550 times)

Re: Team Fortress 4
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2010, 02:10:27 AM »
I mean that you don't need to run buildcubemaps with 2fort water.

The problem with buildcubemaps is that the game will think that a map with the cubemaps built is different of a map without the cubemaps. So you can't join servers, etc, or their may be a way but anyway I don't know a shit about map hosting anyway :P I even heard that you could include the textures in the bsp.

If you can explain me some tips, I would gladly hear them.

dustyjo

« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2010, 05:09:35 AM »
I mean that you don't need to run buildcubemaps with 2fort water.

The problem with buildcubemaps is that the game will think that a map with the cubemaps built is different of a map without the cubemaps. So you can't join servers, etc

That's why you build the cubemaps before releasing the map, durr.

I even heard that you could include the textures in the bsp.

Yup, use this or BSPZIP.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 05:11:29 AM by dustyjo »

« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2010, 10:27:04 AM »
I love you  :derp:

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2010, 02:51:14 PM »
I think you guys have infected me with pyromania. Reflecting rockets back at soldiers is t3h sh1z, and on pub matches they are usually either wearing the gunboats or not switching to the shotgun anyways.

It's getting to the point where I'm almost playing AD+M2 Pyro.  :V

Fittingly enough, I'm finding nothing but Flare Guns for this drop phase...
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2010, 02:54:59 PM »
I seriously thought the shiv was rusted metal. I just found out it is really wood.
I guess that make sense but really if a pyro lights it up shouldn't it burn up or become a torch?

Bananamatic

« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2010, 06:27:43 PM »
man
epic demoman kill

another demoknight charged at me, shot a nade at his feet, then I charged and took him from the air :V

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2010, 12:10:33 AM »
I like the targe kinda, but I want to get that charge kill achivement already so I can go back to practicing using sticky bombs

« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2010, 12:22:01 AM »
Just found an axe.

Sticky jumping axe murderer is go BV

Vicks

• Hurr Durr
  • WRYYYY
« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2010, 03:02:07 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWfQSxk3HP8&feature=player_embedded

Found this on the steam/valve forums earlier today. T'is indeed awesome. (If only it shouted stuff in it's puppety voice)
I am a thinker. I cast light on various concepts. I can unveil the world's dark secrets if I so please. And yet, there is a single enigma that even I cannot clarify.  - Renko Usami

I am a dreamer. I wander through countless dreams. If I will, I can even walk the roads of the land of illusion. And yet, there is a single vision that even I cannot grasp. - Maribel Han

« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2010, 05:15:36 PM »
I just got the battleaxe and the shiv as random drops in the same day 8)

I already crafted a shiv earlier though so the second one was kind a waste. Ah well. Is the shiv even any good, anyway? How much damage does the cut actually do?

« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2010, 08:09:26 PM »
I just got the battleaxe and the shiv as random drops in the same day 8)

I already crafted a shiv earlier though so the second one was kind a waste. Ah well. Is the shiv even any good, anyway? How much damage does the cut actually do?
At first I thought the shiv was garbage.  I don't have one yet, but the math says each hit should do 42 damage with 127 on a critical, and the bleeding causes 64 damage over 8 seconds.  Since that's restricted to melee it seems pretty pitiful, but with the SMG the kukri's mostly pointless anyway, so it's not like you're losing much by switching it out.  Also, the bleeding causes spy cloaks to malfunction like afterburn, so it works as yet another effective method for revealing them.

Short answer: Use it with the SMG, but if you use Razorback/Jarate stick with the kukri.

« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2010, 09:19:01 PM »
I still like the various boomerang ideas over an unthrowable bleed stick.

I also want to see a melee for the scoot that make him slower but does more damage.
Stupid demoman he does enough damage with the sword.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 09:23:02 PM by Cadmas »

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2010, 09:28:57 PM »
Short answer: Use it with the SMG, but if you use Razorback/Jarate stick with the kukri.

And everyone with an ounce of sense uses jarate!

JER-ATEY

Bananamatic

« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2010, 09:32:19 PM »
bottle afroknight is epic in arena :V

Hats also make identifying spies easier. Whenever I see a friendly afro, fire :V

dustyjo

« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2010, 09:38:30 PM »

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2010, 10:43:28 PM »
THIS is... disturbing. Also somewhat nsfw.
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

Bananamatic

« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2010, 11:39:01 PM »
Always played on sourceop, never seen esoterica :V

also the new drop system sucks, 2 days of TF2 and you're out

« Reply #47 on: May 25, 2010, 12:23:38 AM »
Always played on sourceop, never seen esoterica :V

also the new drop system sucks, 2 days of TF2 and you're out
I started playing four hours ago and stopped two hours ago.  I blame timezones. :V

communist unity (comm-unity)

• Boss of the Gym
  • 100% salt
« Reply #48 on: May 25, 2010, 02:02:12 AM »
Even though I played most of the afternoon I didn't get a single drop. :fail:
I have two refined metals as well, but I got most of those before they messed up the drop system.

« Reply #49 on: May 25, 2010, 02:12:41 AM »
For the first time in two years I'm actually using the Backburner.  At this point the damage difference is so significant that it's not worth using the flamethrower (pistol DPS) when there's nothing to reflect (Backburner DPS is about the same as the scattergun now, and I think the backcrit detection got ninjabuffed)

communist unity (comm-unity)

• Boss of the Gym
  • 100% salt
« Reply #50 on: May 25, 2010, 03:29:47 AM »
I crafted away mine. I never got another one.

« Reply #51 on: May 25, 2010, 06:50:44 AM »

« Reply #52 on: May 25, 2010, 07:52:15 PM »
hop, two new maps ?3?

arena_Hakurei_Shrine_beta

koth_HighlyResponsivetoPrayers
Awesome, I've been waiting impatiently for the latter ever since I heard about it in the Touhou Fortress 2 chat.

*downloads*

« Reply #53 on: May 25, 2010, 10:08:04 PM »
Im busy suffering the drop system blues, constantly getting backburners (seriously, the last 3 drops I've had have all been backburners). At least I can craft them, I guess

« Reply #54 on: May 26, 2010, 02:41:52 AM »
Im busy suffering the drop system blues, constantly getting backburners (seriously, the last 3 drops I've had have all been backburners). At least I can craft them, I guess
Yeah, I've gotten a grand total of 2 reclaimed metal and 0 hats since that update.  This is just ridiculous.

Also I finally saw Banana on SourceOP :V

Barrakketh

• You're suddenly Director of Fixing That Shit!
  • Vice President of It's Your Problem Now.
« Reply #55 on: May 26, 2010, 03:47:59 AM »
Yeah, I've gotten a grand total of 2 reclaimed metal and 0 hats since that update.  This is just ridiculous.
Clearly you should idle up to the weekly item cap :3
Cheating? I cannot even wrap my head around the point of it. Wouldn't you know you had cheated? How on Earth could you maintain crisp certainty of your superiority to all others? And if you're unable to do that, what's the point of anything?

« Reply #56 on: May 26, 2010, 04:11:03 AM »
Clearly you should idle up to the weekly item cap :3
I have.

Bananamatic

« Reply #57 on: May 26, 2010, 04:15:09 AM »
I have.
You're supposed to use the weapons to get new unlocks and wait for random hats

still, the limit is just retarded

Barrakketh

• You're suddenly Director of Fixing That Shit!
  • Vice President of It's Your Problem Now.
« Reply #58 on: May 26, 2010, 04:35:58 AM »
It's been about five months since I last played TF2 (but the last time I joined a server was in Feb to bullshit with some buddies, but it was basically all-chat while goofing around), and Steam is finally letting me download it.  I think I'm going to wait until after the Engineer update to use the refined metal I have hoarded.

Hopefully I find a homewrecker for when I'm doing engi shenanigans with my usual crew.  Can't trust the pubbie engis to know how to remove sappers from buildings other than their own.
Cheating? I cannot even wrap my head around the point of it. Wouldn't you know you had cheated? How on Earth could you maintain crisp certainty of your superiority to all others? And if you're unable to do that, what's the point of anything?

« Reply #59 on: May 26, 2010, 04:39:42 AM »
Hopefully I find a homewrecker for when I'm doing engi shenanigans with my usual crew.  Can't trust the pubbie engis to know how to remove sappers from buildings other than their own.
Reminds me, today I teamed up with an engie to take out a Spy I saw headed for a sentry.  I was a ways off so I couldn't get to him until he already placed the sapper, but we wrench-axed his ass anyway :3  I then look to the sentry, and...the engie walks off.

Fortunately whacking it with my axe while spamming C+1 was enough to get the sentry's owner's attention. :V