Author Topic: Touhou ::smug:: Thread (VIII)  (Read 160611 times)

Kinzo the Astro Curious

• One small step for Desu; One giant leap for touhou-kind!
Re: Touhou ::smug:: Thread (VIII)
« Reply #960 on: July 07, 2010, 07:10:44 PM »
So I dont play touhou that often, PofV the most often for an online game.

Got the fancy for a bit of SA today.

Finally fucking 1cc'd it on easy. I don't care if everyone else is doing it on lunatic with blindfolds. I'm proud of my acheivement, dammit!

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=9397
(Be prepared to hold down CTRL key till it breaks on convo's... im a very... very... very... slow reader and like to read the conversations. like hilariously slow. You've been warned! :V)

Its also got one or two rather stupid deaths in there. But thats the primary reason it takes too long for me to 1cc anything, aside from not playing often. Because I keep dying stupid ways :L

« Reply #961 on: July 07, 2010, 09:25:40 PM »
Finally fucking 1cc'd it on easy. I don't care if everyone else is doing it on lunatic with blindfolds. I'm proud of my acheivement, dammit!

I'm not really doing it with blindfolds but you should be proud of anything that marks a milestone for you. Whenever you conquer something that proved challenging to you you should be proud.

J.O.B

• YOU CAN'T MAKE ME CHANGE
« Reply #962 on: July 08, 2010, 01:16:48 AM »
Yay I beat MoF extra :toot:
That's my fourth extra beaten(PCB extra/phantasm count as one)

« Reply #963 on: July 08, 2010, 01:51:34 AM »
Finally fucking 1cc'd it on easy. I don't care if everyone else is doing it on lunatic with blindfolds.

Well actually only Drake is doing it on Normal and even then it's only UFO Stage 1 :V

But congrats! The successful 1cc is always the best feeling in the world C:

« Reply #964 on: July 08, 2010, 02:25:24 AM »
This was a long, long time coming, in terms of effort invested, but here is
UFO lunatic 1cc!

Messy and bomb-tastic, but with this game, I don't even mind ^^;
With this, I have now officially 1cc'd every windows game on lunatic (um, except PoFV, I guess >.>)
Time to go collapse somewhere.

« Reply #965 on: July 08, 2010, 02:30:09 AM »
Woohoo! I finally beat Flandre! It would appear that Strawberry Shortcake helps me play  :3

EDIT : And for some reason it says that I didn't clear it, but I know I did.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 02:32:27 AM by Demonbman »

Krimmydoodle

• We must apply more SCIENCE!
« Reply #966 on: July 08, 2010, 02:48:45 AM »
UFO lunatic 1cc!

Messy and bomb-tastic, but with this game, I don't even mind ^^;
With this, I have now officially 1cc'd every windows game on lunatic (um, except PoFV, I guess >.>)
Time to go collapse somewhere.

Woohoo! I finally beat Flandre! It would appear that Strawberry Shortcake helps me play  :3

EDIT : And for some reason it says that I didn't clear it, but I know I did.

Much (b^_^)b to both of you.
Whether you're on Easy or you're a Lunatic, be damn proud of your accomplishments.  Don't let anyone convince you otherwise, for it's when you lose faith in your own achievements that those victories become defeats.

« Reply #967 on: July 08, 2010, 04:33:55 AM »
Wait what.

I thought PoFV Lunatic Match Mode was supposed to be like the hardest thing ever. I just beat Yuka with Reimu on my first try :ohdear:
The second match was beyond retarded and lasted barely over a minute, but the first was no-miss and the third I was at three orbs when Yuka died.

wat

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #968 on: July 08, 2010, 04:35:48 AM »
I would suppose it's the same reason people prefer Yuka to Komachi when you're going for a 1cc.

Yuka being slow as molasses makes for difficult dodging. Hence why Aya is near untouchable?

« Reply #969 on: July 08, 2010, 11:16:14 AM »
UFO lunatic 1cc!

Considering the amount of effort you put into it, congratulations. All my 1cc's are achieved in 1st try, some in 3-4 tries, so i don't know how satisfying it is to get one after much effort but congrats still.

EDIT:

Did a SA Lunatic 1cc. Finished with 4 lives. I messed up quite a lot during the run so i'm quite surprised i had that many lives left.

Low-lights of the run is: Getting killed on Yuugis final non-spell. Dying twice to BoWaP. Dying to Subterranean Sun just as the spell was dying by running into a bullet.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 01:25:00 PM by Zengeku the Viking »

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #970 on: July 08, 2010, 08:03:16 PM »
UFO Stage 1 Lunatic perfect run,

Before today, haven't touched this stage since I went to unlock Stage 2 Lunatic. Took multiple tries to learn the stage portion, but not too many to get past Nazrin. I'm under the impression her boss Spellcards are memorizeable here too, but I haven't played them enough to do so (then again, I didn't need to :V).
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

ark

• みょん
« Reply #971 on: July 08, 2010, 11:44:44 PM »
First time actually bothering with score in StB.

(And then I watched a 2.62M-point replay of EX-3 and my score felt puny by comparison. :()

Turtlesaur

• rawr
    • home of a KEWNE-type familiar
« Reply #972 on: July 09, 2010, 04:45:36 PM »
ND2B'd SA Extra. I need to learn that post-midboss crap and Rorschach. I have to say, Genetics becomes a true joke after doing it 20 times.

Also, I've done a pacifist+bombs run of the same which was roughly the same thing except with more fail at Rorschach. Probably saved over the replay because it was so low scoring, I'm guessing.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #973 on: July 11, 2010, 07:21:36 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E16Spo68fJc

I managed a 4cc of this Gengetu script. Forget Flanchan.zip, I want to see someone 1cc this, even without considering the final phase that will be shown in part 2.

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gz8pWilMOTY Part two once it finishes processing.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 07:47:42 AM by nintendonut888 »
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #974 on: July 11, 2010, 09:43:29 AM »
I really suck at this. I died 4 times to Hina's last spell card, it would have been my best run if not for that. Actually it still is...  :colonveeplusalpha:

edit: this belongs in the despair thread, oops.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 09:45:08 AM by 633IDK »
"you never know, you may have the best strats in the world" - Zil

Immortal Momiji!

nintendonut888

« Reply #975 on: July 12, 2010, 06:03:06 AM »
I finally perfected UFO stage 2, after not playing for several days. :O I even managed to make the stage portion interesting by screwing up at multiple places.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

ark

• みょん
« Reply #976 on: July 12, 2010, 09:20:59 PM »
SA Hard 1cc.

So that's IN, MoF, and SA done.

« Reply #977 on: July 13, 2010, 08:25:18 AM »
EoSD: Marisa B Normal 1cc

...What? I'm practicing!

« Reply #978 on: July 13, 2010, 09:51:28 PM »
Fired up PoD.D today, and somehow got to Chiyuri on my first try before game overing.

With Kana.

What.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #979 on: July 14, 2010, 02:11:02 AM »
Fired up PoD.D today, and somehow got to Chiyuri on my first try before game overing.

With Kana.

What.
Honestly, I do better with Kana then anyone else. On Lunatic. I consistently reach Chiyuri with 2~3 extra lives. At that point, I just pacifist Chiyuri anyway, so being Kana doesn't matter. I'm not sure what to do with Yumemi when using Kana, though...

Kana has low speed (Which can be good or bad, really, but IMO more of a good thing), very fast spell charging (VERY VERY GOOD THING for fast lv1s and easy boss reflects), and her lv1 is great. It sits in front of you for a little while (shotgun a boss when it appears, great damage), and it covers the whole screen (spam while a boss is onscreen for easy damage, and if you got one shotgun in it'll die fast)

Kana takes awhile to take down the AI sometimes, but unless you're fighting Chiyuri/Yumemi, I don't really notice much of a difference and since you're Kana, living longer isn't hard. Reimu has the fast charge, but can't kill bosses fast worth crap. Yumemi has a little trouble reflecting bosses and her lv1 can miss a boss easily, which can spell death. Rikako can't reflect bosses well at all because lol1chargespeed.

Kana isn't really as bad as others say, but Chiyuri and Yumemi might be way bigger problems for Kana then for other characters. Specifically Yumemi.

ANYWAY, I haven't played Touhou in a while! D: Like, weeks, apart from PoDD/HRtP a few times! So I fired up SA ReimuB for an Extra run.

Beat it with an extra life (lol lets clip a rose from behind on her last card) and CAPTURED GENETICSSSSSSSS

Actually, pretty much all my deaths were stupid. lol stage fairies what, Release of Id clip, Rorschach Clip, don't think there was more? I guess Rorschach, being a clip spell anyway, is normal. And I never saw the Id clip coming.

Koishi is just a lolclipdeath boss =|  A quite difficult boss, yes, and for that exact reason. You don't bomb if you don't expect to die. It's a funny play on her manipulation of subconscious, really... she tricks you into bombing much less with spells that don't show their deaths coming... save for her final two.

<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

ebarrett

« Reply #980 on: July 14, 2010, 04:15:19 AM »

WOOOOOO KANA 1CC

<3

A shame I wasn't recording, now that I think about it, but recording adds another layer of difficulty with the occasional flickering, something I wasn't really willing to put up with in a Kana run. No lives lost until Chiyuri despite a terrifying Rikako fight in stage 6 which I lucked through (she died with both bombs in stock). First Chiyuri round was the biggest shitstorm I've ever seen, I could barely see my sprite in the 30 seconds or so it lasted. Second round vs. Chiyuri was going my way rather comfortably but then I started daydreaming and lost  with a bomb in stock and a full gauge :ohdear:.  The scream I let out was the stuff of nightmares. Beat Chiyuri with relative ease in the third attempt but couldn't help but think I shouldn't have lost two lives there.

That left me with two lives to spare vs. Yumemi.... cue two absolutely demoralizing losses, the first by INFINITE BOSS SUMMONS and the second by Yumemi going forever without taking a hit in a rather pedestrian fight while slowly wearing me down with the occasional bullet-and-star spam from the boss attack.  The third attempt was going pretty much the same way as the second, and I was pretty much already thinking about what went wrong and about that Chiyuri round I shouldn't have lost, when a few lucky chains turned the round into one of those mad "cloud"-countering contests, which is the best way to hit the AI (if it fails to counter a big clump of spirits back, it crashes right into its face no matter what, since it'll pretty much always try to shoot it down). A bit of luck and some ridiculous dodges later, I was back in the match, which then gradually turned into a slow, defensive affair (the AI gets less nuts about actively sending stuff your way when it's low on health/zero bombs).

And then..... how to put it? Evil demonic powers forced my hand, I guess. Half a heart vs half a heart, and Yumemi gets a boss summon. Which sends two bullet-and-star spams my way. Managed to reflect the white bullets both times, and fluked my way past the stars because really, I was shaking so much that I pretty much just stood there petrified as stuff was flying everywhere - and then when Yumemi exploded just as the second wave of stars was going past me it took me quite a while to realize I had won. So much that I actually lost my shot at getting the WIN/LOSE screenshot.  :V

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #981 on: July 14, 2010, 04:23:27 AM »
Congrats, ebarret! That's really great! =D

I just 1cced IaMP Lunatic! lolpatchiseasymodo

Didn't die until Infinite Speed Flying Object (TAKE THAT, TRIPLE PAIN), Royal Flared that and Supermassive Conflaguration, then Pandaemonium (Still 2 lives left =D) was going pretty easy until... holy shit that last phase. There's almost 0 room to fit in a Royal Flare, or anything else for that matter. Spammed 236C spring water attack since it doesn't get canceled from being hit, then barely got off a Royal Flare when it turns out she barely had a tink of HP left.

This makes Lunatic 1cc for everything Touhou 4~10.5, and then 12.3 and SoEW. So HRtP, PoDD, SA, and UFO left.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #982 on: July 14, 2010, 08:29:41 PM »
WOOOOOO KANA 1CC

Awesome job, congrats!  :toot:
Hope you can do it again on camera next time.  :ohdear:

I just 1cced IaMP Lunatic! lolpatchiseasymodo

Good job with this as well! IaMP was a total bitch for me.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 08:52:00 PM by Jaimers »

nintendonut888

« Reply #983 on: July 14, 2010, 08:35:13 PM »
Yowza, good job ebarrett. You earned that victory.

Good job too Neo. I'm sure you'll be picking a fun 1cc next. :3

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #984 on: July 14, 2010, 09:31:08 PM »
WOOOOOO KANA 1CC
bloody good job, mate

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

nintendonut888

« Reply #985 on: July 14, 2010, 11:20:27 PM »
After hundreds of attempts over quite a number of months, I have finally done it.

MoF stage 4 lunatic...

Destroyed all five intro fairies before they ever fired a shot. \o/

What? :P

ark

• みょん
« Reply #986 on: July 15, 2010, 05:44:01 AM »
First Lunatic 1cc, on IN.

Ended 3/0. Felt easy. aww yeah :D

nintendonut888

« Reply #987 on: July 15, 2010, 05:45:42 AM »
First Lunatic 1cc, on IN.

Ended 3/0. Felt easy. aww yeah :D

Final A or Final B? Either way, first lunatic 1cc, congrats. :toot:

ark

• みょん
« Reply #988 on: July 15, 2010, 06:12:14 AM »
Final B. I've barely played Final A at all.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #989 on: July 15, 2010, 09:26:42 PM »
Fuck PoDD. I 1cc'd Normal with Kana, only one death at the end. But I still cannot get any extends. What the hell, ZUN?

Oh, and SoEW Normal 1cc.

Now to do the other two shot types.