Author Topic: Touhou ::smug:: Thread (VIII)  (Read 159848 times)

Re: Touhou ::smug:: Thread (VIII)
« Reply #180 on: May 12, 2010, 11:40:36 AM »
Large Pentagram Crest Timeout

This was harder than i thought it would be. Its easy when playing normally because it dies so fast but surviving it for a larger timespan took a couple of tries. :)

Nice card though. Tough for a S2 boss but not overly so.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #181 on: May 12, 2010, 10:06:28 PM »
Just as a marker to show where I am on it, VoWG Lunatic 4DNB time-out.

One of the better stabs at it that I've had, but It's kind of a lucky-dodge-filled run. I think every time I managed to fit through the amulet walls (the ones that spread a little), I didn't plan it. Then there were a few instances early on where I went straight through the denser walls by mistake (!), thanks to Reimu's tiny hitbox no doubt. My first death occurred with 46 seconds left on the clock, and everything went downhill from there.

I'll still take it though. I can say that I'm not that comfortable trying to squeeze through the amulet walls - I prefer to go around them (even if these spaces are just as small, for some reason I can read them better). Now with the end of school approaching, maybe I'll have more time to try dying less on this. :V
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

« Reply #182 on: May 13, 2010, 12:51:15 AM »
Well damn. Didn't expect that. I think three of my deaths were with bombs in stock, I might have even made it to Q.E.D. :(

Of course, now that I've come close to succeeding, this means I will never ever actually accomplish it.

Autumn

• Autumn is coming!~~~
« Reply #183 on: May 13, 2010, 05:27:49 AM »
I beat Mokou's spellcard, "Possesed By Phoenix"

That's pretty awesome for a newbie who can barely beat the games on easy.  :V

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
« Reply #184 on: May 13, 2010, 04:05:23 PM »
UFO Stage 5 Hard no-deaths.

Finally. I don't care that I used bombs on most of Shou's attacks. I pulled off my UFO path perfectly for once, and got to Shou with 6 bombs, so I figured why not use them?

EDIT: My first try on Kaguya (Hard) in ages. I captured her first and fourth spells no problem.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 04:19:39 PM by Funen1 »
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

Formless God

« Reply #185 on: May 13, 2010, 04:55:16 PM »
EDIT: My first try on Kaguya (Hard) in ages. I captured her first and fourth spells no problem.
Haha I actually went to try IN 6B after reading this and ... captured the exact same two spells after several weeks not playing.
Also tried a 6A for lulz and captured Astronomical Entombing.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #186 on: May 13, 2010, 05:14:53 PM »
Aya
BaitySM - 65,924,277 - 99 - Screenshot
Ok, so...
  • I worked out exactly how 9-4 works; though I've only gotten about half the total points plausible at this point in time (lazy, etc.)
  • 10-8 has a neat little trick to it as well; once I realized that then it became almost... trivial
Too lazy to bump up to 66mil or w/e.
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

dustyjo

« Reply #187 on: May 14, 2010, 06:19:44 AM »
...Did I really just beat 12.3 arcade mode lunatic on my first try?

« Reply #188 on: May 14, 2010, 03:44:49 PM »
It actually happened some time ago and has repeated itself a couple of times since then but in celebration of my 18th birthday:

Perfect Orin Lunatic

Stage 5 bosses are awesome. I just don't like lasers. Shou will have to wait.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #189 on: May 15, 2010, 01:15:12 AM »
I just beat PoFV Lunatic Story with Shikieiki, and it had an awesome Aya fight. Plus, I hit final boss Reimu with 4 extra lives, lost a few in my worst Reimu FB fights ever,, then I proceeded to win without getting hit

Holy shit. And the replay even saved. Protip:Save over old replays, and it never seems to fail. Worked for my last 4 1ccs.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #190 on: May 15, 2010, 04:29:09 AM »
I just figured out 11-7 in DS. The knowledge of how to do it without standing still and praying suddenly makes it much more fun.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #191 on: May 15, 2010, 06:33:40 AM »
I just figured out 11-7 in DS. The knowledge of how to do it without standing still and praying suddenly makes it much more fun.

I didn't stand still. I was flying around Kanako? You got replay of your strategy?

raak

• Add something nice about me here.
  • Catchphrase(word): Anyways...
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #192 on: May 15, 2010, 06:47:26 AM »
Excluding the PC 98 games and fighting game, I have:

1cc Eosd, IN, MoF, and UFO in Lunatic, everything else in Normal.
Pacifist Flandre, Suwako, and Nue, everything else at least once normally, with Koishi and Mokou beaten with all characters.
All of DS with Aya

Think that's all
Everything except the UFO Lunatic and Pacifist are in my youtube account. Just search for the user raak1010 if interested

Go Pikachu

nintendonut888

« Reply #193 on: May 15, 2010, 04:22:26 PM »
I didn't stand still. I was flying around Kanako? You got replay of your strategy?

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=8735

Ja jaaaan~
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
« Reply #195 on: May 16, 2010, 04:32:11 AM »
Played PCB Extra for the first time in a while. Perfect the stage, nothing new. Perfect past Charming Siege, nothing new. Broke a border on Unilateral Contact, but still NDNB past Kokkuri-san's contract, now I'm starting to pay attention. Two deaths on Izuna Gongen because I can't fucking read, but holy crap that run was still so good. Maybe a perfect run is closer than I thought?

Ecthel

• Jack of all trades, lazy at most.
« Reply #196 on: May 16, 2010, 05:50:51 AM »
YEEESSS! UFO No-Focus 1cc!... on easy.
 ???
GO FOR NORMAL CLEAR!~ Here's the highlight of the run, though:

And the other highlight of the run:

Replay soon.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #197 on: May 16, 2010, 03:58:34 PM »
PCB Lunatic 1cc YEEEEEAAAAH

It has a perfect Alice fight, luckshitting through Lunasa's second noncard, and total wtf dodge through massive cloud of bullets being fired during the first part of Stage 5 :D

Won with 3 lives and a bomb left over. I started with 5 extra lives instead of 3 though, but since I had more then 2 left over at the end, it still counts :D

Now to do EoSD.

:objection!:
I can beat the game on MS lunatic with continues whereas on LLS I couldn't even beat stage five.
It's subjective, of course. But in general I think people agree that LLS is pretty easy compared to the others. I beat LLS Lunatic before 1ccing most of the games on Hard; and I think Donut said that Baity 1LCed it, which is insane.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 04:01:13 PM by NeoSerela »
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #198 on: May 16, 2010, 06:27:49 PM »
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=8735

Ja jaaaan~

Ahh sorry. I think i misunderstood. I mistook 11-7 for the spell with the snake lasers. Oops. :)
About 11-7. This strategy is much better. You will get better score and its much easier.
http://www.replays.gensokyo.org/download.php?id=8757

nintendonut888

« Reply #199 on: May 16, 2010, 07:47:03 PM »
1DNB Orin. Died close to the end of Ghost Wheels. Have I still "plateau'd" in skill? :<

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #200 on: May 16, 2010, 10:16:31 PM »
Well, I can't answer that properly; you have to look at your past self and your current self to make a proper judgment of that  :V

This can go places. Still need to work out how to do the last half properly.
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

« Reply #201 on: May 17, 2010, 02:41:44 AM »
Finally got up to Eirin in IN normal. Nothing special by any means, but it's a personal accomplishment at the very least.

nintendonut888

« Reply #202 on: May 17, 2010, 02:50:24 AM »
I finally figured out why Utsuho's fourth non-spell has given me so much trouble and it hasn't for others! By not following Utsuho and moving the opposite direction, you face a much larger opening in the big bullets!

Eeeeeeeeeh. :3

« Reply #203 on: May 17, 2010, 01:00:35 PM »
Captured midboss Marisa's first nonspell finally. It'll be a while before I feel comfortable with it though if it all.

Second nonspell is still complete garbage though.

« Reply #204 on: May 17, 2010, 03:05:48 PM »
I think i'm the only one who thinks Utsuho gets progressively harder. Most people say that she starts her battle of with her toughest, Uncontainable Nuclear Fusion and Peta Flare. I think those attacks are easier than Hells Tokamak and Subterranean Sun.

Hells Tokamak: I find it much harder to read bullets coming from multiple directions than dodging bullets all coming from above you (like UNF and Peta Flare)

Subterranean Sun:

I would like to use the word clipping here but Naut wouldn't approve. Instead i'll just say that its easily misreadable because of how tiny the gaps are. Couldn't that legitimately be called clipping? I mean, its not fair to expect someone to perfectly reading so small bullets that can hide underneath each other when your own hitbox is smaller than the hitbox image.

----------

I have still done a couple of 1DNB runs of Utsuho now. I'll get her soon enough. (Once i stop failing at her 2 finals)

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
« Reply #205 on: May 17, 2010, 03:18:32 PM »
After continuing once, I:

Start UFO stage three with 2 lives, 2 bombs, 4 power.
~
~
~
Finish the stage portion with 2 lives, 2 bombs, 4 power.

\o/
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

Formless God

« Reply #206 on: May 17, 2010, 03:44:19 PM »
I think i'm the only one who thinks Utsuho gets progressively harder. Most people say that she starts her battle of with her toughest, Uncontainable Nuclear Fusion and Peta Flare. I think those attacks are easier than Hells Tokamak and Subterranean Sun.

Hells Tokamak: I find it much harder to read bullets coming from multiple directions than dodging bullets all coming from above you (like UNF and Peta Flare)

Subterranean Sun:

I would like to use the word clipping here but Naut wouldn't approve. Instead i'll just say that its easily misreadable because of how tiny the gaps are. Couldn't that legitimately be called clipping? I mean, its not fair to expect someone to perfectly reading so small bullets that can hide underneath each other when your own hitbox is smaller than the hitbox image.

----------

I have still done a couple of 1DNB runs of Utsuho now. I'll get her soon enough. (Once i stop failing at her 2 finals)
But how ? D:

7/22 on Subterranean Sun.
Spoiler:
Should be around the fifties though as I rarely play at home.

Hell's Tokamak's rate is lower than it should be as it took a while getting used to, but now I consider failing it similar to failing Magic Butterfly. And I don't remember letting that happen since ... that Hard 1cc. UNR on the other hand is just too clippy (my definition for "clipdeath" is "I rammed into a bullet because I messed up the input").
SS has an approx. 75% success rate. I still occasionally position myself at the wrong spot.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 03:46:21 PM by Formless God »

« Reply #207 on: May 17, 2010, 05:09:27 PM »
You have played that game far less than UFO you maggot!  :D (no offence obviously)

As i said. I am probably the only one who thinks Utsuho final two cards are harder than her first two.

My capture rates are:

UNR: 23/76
Peta Flare: 23/60
Ten Evil Stars: 48/52
Hells Tokamak: 12/51
Subterranean Sun: 13/42

Here it is probably worth mentioning that i have attempted, and succeeded at, timing out UNR and Peta Flare so the caprate isn't accurate there. I can kind of understand that you often die to UNR because of failed inputs. Trust me, that happens to me too but i find it easier to do than SS and Hells Tokamak because the spell is all about dodging bullets coming from above you which means i will only have to concentrate on whats above me unlike Hells Tokamak where bullets are coming from multiple directions. The fact that it is glowing bullets doesn't help either. I'm pretty bad at those.

SS kills me quite often because i often misread a tiny gap in the pellets. My new strategy of going around the pellets instead of through them has helped out though.

PS: I have played this game for 112 hours which. Then again, i have had this game ever since it came out back in 2k8. I couldn't even beat its normal mode back then. Its also my most played Touhou game and probably my favorite.

PPS: We can't all have different definitions of what a clip-death means. If we are to use a term, there should be a clear definition of what that term means so we don't go around using it to cover up deaths that were because of failed inputs, because of misreading hitboxes or because of not seeing the bullet etc.

Maybe we should create a thread about touhou-player terminology. That would also be very good to help newbies understand what is talked about. I personally had no clue what derp was supposed to mean until recently.

PPPS: Why do i always write a minor novel every time i post something?

« Reply #208 on: May 17, 2010, 05:14:38 PM »
Cleared UFO Extra with SanaeB with a few screw ups. Now I'm allowed to screw up at the moment cause I barely play the stage.

Then I tried it with SanaeA, and this shottype sucks so damn bad. Constant games overs on Red UFO or the stage. I'm at max power, and I can't even kill any of the UFOs.

*Oops, meant to post this in the other thread.

omgrandomnumbers

• ( Very Slowly) Rising Star
  • Physically unable to take it easy
« Reply #209 on: May 18, 2010, 12:08:16 AM »
Played for a year, and still haven't 1cc'd any game on hard. :blush: I play default lives, but still, Marisa is a bitch to me whenever I try IN. Haven't even 1cc'd SA or UFO. Probably all I've done of note is a NDNB of Stage 4 SA Normal and a ND1B Stage 4 MoF Normal, and a 5/6 record on "Mountain Of Faith". Jaimers, what did you do different from me? We've probably been playing the same amount of time.

Guess I've just got to take it easy if I ever want to be that good. Take breaks, that sort of thing :/