Author Topic: EX Sakuya - Boss fight  (Read 7220 times)

SupahVee1234

• Koishi isn't cute
  • would you like some deathbomb
EX Sakuya - Boss fight
« on: February 15, 2010, 11:43:39 PM »
Extra Sakuya - Boss fight - 0.5
This is my second released danmakufu script. It consists in a boss fight against Sakuya, with 15 spell cards and 8 non spells.

Music: dBu
Boss sprite: ZUN
Background and Cut-in: found on danbooru

I don't know the reason but sometimes, after capturing/defeating one of the two spell cards that contain lasers, a big, big slowdown is experienced. Just wait and everything should be fine.

The names of the spellcards suck. Suggest me better names.

Download EX-Sakuya 0.5
http://www.dataus.net/page/download/EX_Sakuya_F05_637703181933dfb990827c0df0726b2b.rar

Also, this script requires the shot_replace script.

« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 05:24:47 PM by SupahVee1234 »

Re: EX Sakuya - Boss fight
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2010, 11:51:46 PM »
Holy Youkai Jesus why is that image so big?

Rather than a big slowdown, it simply crashes for me. Also why are there no healthbars?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 11:58:09 PM by Suikama »

Furienify

• Yeehaw!
  • Equestrian Fansubber
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2010, 12:09:56 AM »
-Cutin graphic makes the gay man in me cringe

-Spellcard Names: Capitals!
-Blade Sign - Shattering blown glass knives -> Shatter "Blades of Glass"
Addendum to above: If you want to make the spellcard names appear "ZUN-style" try this:

"Shatter" \" "Blades of Glass"

In your spellcard names.

-Health bar isn't conforming or draining at all, makes it awkward
-Nice choice of music.
-The second slowdown made Danmakufu lock down for some 30 seconds, so I just minimized and browsed for a minute or two and then brought the window back up to resume.
-Background vanishing on your Nonspells, unsure if that's intentional or not.
-Lol 2nd (3rd?) to last Eternal Meek. Circle around~
-Some people might get ticked that all of your Nonspells are pretty much Eternal Meeks, but I absolutely love them myself.  :*

I ended up finishing with a, uh. 5(6?)cc. Not bad. I can't figure out how to dodge a lot of it! But I have to say, as far as design is concerned, you did a nice job, didn't put in anything overly bright or annoying or gimmicky. Just straightforward Danmaku, and despite all my deaths it was enjoyable.

SupahVee1234

• Koishi isn't cute
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2010, 09:49:37 AM »
-Cutin graphic makes the gay man in me cringe

-Spellcard Names: Capitals!
-Blade Sign - Shattering blown glass knives -> Shatter "Blades of Glass"
Addendum to above: If you want to make the spellcard names appear "ZUN-style" try this:

"Shatter" \" "Blades of Glass"

In your spellcard names.

-Health bar isn't conforming or draining at all, makes it awkward
-Nice choice of music.
-The second slowdown made Danmakufu lock down for some 30 seconds, so I just minimized and browsed for a minute or two and then brought the window back up to resume.
-Background vanishing on your Nonspells, unsure if that's intentional or not.
-Lol 2nd (3rd?) to last Eternal Meek. Circle around~
-Some people might get ticked that all of your Nonspells are pretty much Eternal Meeks, but I absolutely love them myself.  :*

I ended up finishing with a, uh. 5(6?)cc. Not bad. I can't figure out how to dodge a lot of it! But I have to say, as far as design is concerned, you did a nice job, didn't put in anything overly bright or annoying or gimmicky. Just straightforward Danmaku, and despite all my deaths it was enjoyable.

I will change the names, thanks for the suggestion.
I need someone's help to fix the health bar and the slowdowns. I don't know what's wrong.
You're supposed to circle around on the last two Eternal Meeks.
The vanishing background is intentional, as Sakuya can modify space and time.

SupahVee1234

• Koishi isn't cute
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2010, 10:27:12 AM »
I changed the names and fixed the health bars. Download in the first post. Music and sounds aren't included so just extract the new download to the old EX-Sakuya folder.

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2010, 03:01:36 PM »
Hmmm...
Hmmmmmmmmm...
Hm...

Ok, on "Blades of Sorrow" danmakufu froze on me. Of course I don't know for shure, but the problem probably lies in this statement:
Code: [Select]
task checkTask
{
let i = 0;

loop
{
i = 0;
yield;

while (i < length(bullets))
{
if (Obj_BeDeleted(bullets[i]))
{
bullets = erase(bullets, i);
i--;
}
else
{

}

i++;
}

wait(1);
}
}

Other than that, for now the stuff doesn't look too bad, if a bit repetitive, what with the main reliance on knives and all.

The background is good, but the cut in...  :/
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

SupahVee1234

• Koishi isn't cute
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2010, 03:23:48 PM »
I don't think it is that one because "checkTask" is part of my template to create new scripts. Every script has the checkTask task.

Dead Princess Sakana

• E is for Elodie, who swims with the fishes.
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2010, 04:35:24 PM »
While the spells look pretty good and are fun to play, you really should do something about that slowdown/freezing problem.
For me the game completely froze on the second laser card, still playing music but refusing any kind of input so that I had to restart my PC. That's no fun at all.

Also  :V at the cut-in

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2010, 04:44:12 PM »
Wait, skimming through your script, I noticed that this task serves no purpose whatsoever. You might as well remove it completely.

Also, I noticed that the script freezes on finalization.

After tinkering around, I noticed that changing the unneccessary while{} block in laserTask to an ascent{} block with the same purpose (and possibly removing every trace of the existence of checkTask) fixes the problem.

Brb testing the whole bossfight now.

Nevermind, it still freezes, just not always. It seems I just got lucky. Huh.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 04:49:30 PM by Iryan »
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

SupahVee1234

• Koishi isn't cute
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2010, 04:52:42 PM »
For me the game completely froze on the second laser card, still playing music but refusing any kind of input so that I had to restart my PC. That's no fun at all.

I am very sorry, I have no idea of what the problem is :(
But every time Danmakufu froze I could just close it from the Task Manager. I'm sorry you had to restart your computer.

Nevermind, it still freezes, just not always. It seems I just got lucky. Huh.

Yeah sometimes it doesn't freeze. This is very strange, and I can't see anything wrong with my script. Maybe it repeats a loop or something for too long? Because it doesn't always crash, sometimes it freezes, sometimes it doesn't and sometimes it crashes.
 :V

Dead Princess Sakana

• E is for Elodie, who swims with the fishes.
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2010, 05:03:53 PM »
Nah, it's okay. It's not like you did it intentionally or something. But it's really a strange problem.
Also, I probably could have used task manager if I hadn't run danmakufu in fullscreen.

Anyway, hope you can find a way to fix it somehow soon, that'd be awesome.
Else, I'm looking forward to your next work.

SupahVee1234

• Koishi isn't cute
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2010, 05:22:02 PM »
I think I've fixed both the bugged spellcards! :D

The problem in the first one was a missing semicolon that made a loop repeat.
The second one had two obj_shot instead of two familiars that spawned the knives. When you defeated the spell card those bullets where removed and the task looking for them would repeat.

I'm uploading an updated version. I'm not entirely sure that everything is fine now, someone should test it.

---

Nevermind, it still freezes sometimes. wtf :blush:
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 05:34:22 PM by SupahVee1234 »

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2010, 06:17:00 AM »
Well, I thought it was a very fun script to play, although I still get that freezing problem. Also, the last card ran at ~30FPS for me for some reason. Oh well.

I had to bomb all the midspells, though. Eternal Meek has so completely shattered my confidence that I can't even pretend that I can capture it :V
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 06:20:10 AM by SenSageUn »

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2010, 06:43:22 AM »
I hope Im not the only one thats noticed that you put ScriptNextData instead of ScriptNextStep...

SupahVee1234

• Koishi isn't cute
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2010, 12:07:04 PM »
I changed it. Now the life bar works correctly. However the crash/slowdown bug is still there :(

SupahVee1234

• Koishi isn't cute
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2010, 02:14:07 PM »
And I fixed the crash/slowdown bug. CreateLaserA was the problem. I've replaced it with CreateLaser01, played all the way through my script and it works correctly. Uploading the latest version now.

Ok, the new version is in the OP now.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 02:16:15 PM by SupahVee1234 »

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2010, 04:05:55 PM »
The file packaging is horrible. If you care about the newbies, for ZUN's sake at least put them all together in one folder which can be safely extracted to " script ".

And also people, seriously, for the 1000th time, include PLEASE shot script as well or something. It is a minor kb extra to your script but saves a lot of trouble.

SupahVee1234

• Koishi isn't cute
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2010, 04:08:22 PM »
The file packaging is horrible. If you care about the newbies, for ZUN's sake at least put them all together in one folder which can be safely extracted to " script ".

No it's not. I don't see why I have to include an additional 5MB to the script every time I make a minor change to one of the spellcards. Also, it's pretty simple to understand, but I'll make it even more clear in the OP.

And also people, seriously, for the 1000th time, include PLEASE shot script as well or something. It is a minor kb extra to your script but saves a lot of trouble.

I'll include it with the next version.

Infy♫

• Demonic★Moe
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2010, 04:59:35 PM »
people should seriously never use absolute pathnames. relative pathnames should be used at all times.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2010, 05:03:32 PM »
No it's not.
It is. If you are splitting up the files at least pre-adjust it so it becomes a matter of extract and place. Which was not the case here. You just released zipfiles with no whatsoever main folder but seperate folders and files. I had to manually make a "SakuyaEX" folder and place the files in there. Maybe a small effort for me, but I had on IRC someone who failed to load up the Background image as well.

Infy♫

• Demonic★Moe
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2010, 05:08:36 PM »
I recommend to minimize the number of downloads for a script. It gives us a boatload less trouble and its more inviting to play that way, you see.

SupahVee1234

• Koishi isn't cute
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2010, 05:22:39 PM »
Ok, I packaged everything into a zip, editing the OP.