Author Topic: Touhou Labyrinth discussion thread  (Read 318664 times)

Just a GBZero

• <Kaisou> ...Yeah, kinda small, but I think it works...
  • Too much manga now means not enough manga
Re: Touhou Labyrinth discussion thread
« Reply #210 on: December 11, 2009, 03:31:09 AM »
Charcter Page 1 on the Touhou Wiki is done, but Patchy and Sakuya need descriptions still

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #211 on: December 11, 2009, 04:09:07 AM »
Tossed in some descriptions, feel free to clean up as desired, especially Sakuya's.

Bitz

• So Moe!
  • *heart attack*
« Reply #212 on: December 11, 2009, 05:14:52 AM »
Wow, the wiki is really helpful. If I knew anything about the game more than "omgwtf there's a giant blob in the sky *attack action* *attack action* omgwtf I just got owned," I'd help you with it :V

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #213 on: December 11, 2009, 05:29:54 AM »
Thanks for the aid.  I cleaned up a few things and fixed the stat grading (Yes... Patchouli is indeed almost entirely Best Stats and Worst Stats).  Thank you guys for the help so much T.T

Just a GBZero

« Reply #214 on: December 11, 2009, 05:37:12 AM »
No problem, and for some reason I forgot about the rank of E while doing it, plus I'm just normally terrible with ranking stats.  Was a good way to waste time, but if anything I might only be able to work on the next one for a while, haven't gotten to F10 yet.  Also someone might want to reword the Master Spark info, I didn't quite get it 100% from the Japanese wiki, so there is a bit of guessing in there.

Milkyway64

• I AM A MAD SCIENTIST. KIND OF.
« Reply #215 on: December 11, 2009, 05:39:04 AM »
Any tips for the floor 15 optional boss? She, the Lily guardian, and the floor 16 boss are all I have left to beat before moving on. Leveling made miss Crash-the-Game go from overwhelming to laughable (lolwut, 300 damage is the most you can pull on me?)

Lily guardian seems all but impossible at this point, but I think with a little strategy, the other boss on this floor will fall easy. I managed to get her down to her "pissed" phase and got finished quickly.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #216 on: December 11, 2009, 06:45:10 AM »
Any tips for the floor 15 optional boss? She, the Lily guardian, and the floor 16 boss are all I have left to beat before moving on. Leveling made miss Crash-the-Game go from overwhelming to laughable (lolwut, 300 damage is the most you can pull on me?)

Lily guardian seems all but impossible at this point, but I think with a little strategy, the other boss on this floor will fall easy. I managed to get her down to her "pissed" phase and got finished quickly.

Really? I killed lily guardian already (even though she 1-shot china at full health with defense buffs with some thousand-fist something or other move, not the rata-something fist, it has ANOTHER one that's even stronger! eep). But the other boss...ugh. I mean I can get her to the pissed phase too where she spams a move starting with L, but I don't think I can reliably do her yet without alot of luck because that L-word move, as well as the F-word move which does almost as much damage 1-shots most of my guys with defensive buffs still >=(

Milkyway64

« Reply #217 on: December 11, 2009, 08:22:38 AM »
Wait wait, what's this talk of fists now? I thought the Lily guardian spammed super-powerful nature element spells leaving you no chance to counter attack or even regroup. For clarification, it's the boss by the stairs going to floor 16.

And yes, L-word spell is a problem. I have a party of four who can withstand the F spell, but she's simply too fast to take down after you get her low enough to get serious, especially since Master Spark is ineffective. I think I'm going to leave these two alone until level 90-100ish.

By the way, I love my newest party member, here. Her spammy spell is quite inferior to Flying Idaton, but her multi-target fire spell tears through enemies weak to it, in particular the triple Ghost X-9/Mandragora random encounter.

Just a GBZero

« Reply #218 on: December 11, 2009, 08:32:16 AM »
Garlyle, we really seem to have odd timing.  I finish a few characters, check to make sure no one else did them, and find that you just finished them yourself.  Really quite odd if I say so myself.

Edit: whats the difference between a Row attack, and a Multi attack?
« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 08:41:07 AM by goldblade0 »

Milkyway64

« Reply #219 on: December 11, 2009, 08:55:30 AM »
Garlyle, we really seem to have odd timing.  I finish a few characters, check to make sure no one else did them, and find that you just finished them yourself.  Really quite odd if I say so myself.

Multi hits all targets equally. Row decreases in damage the more targets it hits (100% for the leftmost, 80% for the next, and so on)

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #220 on: December 11, 2009, 08:59:59 AM »
Wait wait, what's this talk of fists now? I thought the Lily guardian spammed super-powerful nature element spells leaving you no chance to counter attack or even regroup. For clarification, it's the boss by the stairs going to floor 16.

And yes, L-word spell is a problem. I have a party of four who can withstand the F spell, but she's simply too fast to take down after you get her low enough to get serious, especially since Master Spark is ineffective. I think I'm going to leave these two alone until level 90-100ish.

By the way, I love my newest party member, here. Her spammy spell is quite inferior to Flying Idaton, but her multi-target fire spell tears through enemies weak to it, in particular the triple Ghost X-9/Mandragora random encounter.

Yeah, the one that can also cast "mega huge omgwtf earthquake" right? It's nastiest move imo is the fist spell >=P. pretty much guarantee someone is dead.

I beat the other boss...I'm kinda dissapointed with her. I mean, I was expecting  a lack of utility sure. BUT EVERY ONE OF HER SPELLS has a SIDE effect....A BIG ONE. Not only that, but with (albeit very little) testing, the damage output of them doesn't justify the side effects (not to mention they all cost an insane amount of to boot). To make matters worse, she makes chen look like a tank, no I'm not exagerating. Might be good to roam around OHKOing trash, but I really doubt she'll be useful for a boss fight.

Multi-attacks hit every target for full damage. row attacks.. I'm not sure the exact numbers, but you'll get the general idea:

hits the far left enemy for full damage, the next one for 80% damage, the next one for 50% damage, the next for 20%, etc.

Milkyway64

« Reply #221 on: December 11, 2009, 09:08:12 AM »
Yeah, the one that can also cast "mega huge omgwtf earthquake" right? It's nastiest move imo is the fist spell >=P. pretty much guarantee someone is dead.

I beat the other boss...I'm kinda dissapointed with her. I mean, I was expecting  a lack of utility sure. BUT EVERY ONE OF HER SPELLS has a SIDE effect....A BIG ONE. Not only that, but with (albeit very little) testing, the damage output of them doesn't justify the side effects (not to mention they all cost an insane amount of to boot). To make matters worse, she makes chen look like a tank, no I'm not exagerating. Might be good to roam around OHKOing trash, but I really doubt she'll be useful for a boss fight.

Multi-attacks hit every target for full damage. row attacks.. I'm not sure the exact numbers, but you'll get the general idea:

hits the far left enemy for full damage, the next one for 80% damage, the next one for 50% damage, the next for 20%, etc.

Levels. NAO.

By the way, I almost forgot about a certain somebody whining and lazing around floor 15. I went back and picked her up, but she doesn't seem so good. Meh. X_x

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #222 on: December 11, 2009, 09:11:11 AM »
Screw item farming and speedrun to catch up with you guys Y/N?

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #223 on: December 11, 2009, 09:17:18 AM »
Levels. NAO.

By the way, I almost forgot about a certain somebody whining and lazing around floor 15. I went back and picked her up, but she doesn't seem so good. Meh. X_x

Reimu 79, china/healer autumn goddess lady whose name I never remember 78, patch+remi 70, sakuya/sanae 75, aya 74, marisa 74, but she didn't do squat but concentrate 4 times then bench. I had her sitting there at full sp +100%mag for 1 last kaboom before I died at the L-word spam phase, but it was never needed. Aya and Sanae pretty much got rolled as soon as I brought them out.

I've been looking forward to the floor 12 lady. But I have yet to find the event that unlocks her on the 16th floor. I don't expect much but just a high damage spellcaster with no utility, but a variety of elements.

Screw item farming and speedrun to catch up with you guys Y/N?

It's a game, do what's fun for you.

Milkyway64

« Reply #224 on: December 11, 2009, 09:21:09 AM »
Almost the exact same levels I have, except I'm ahead by 1 for a few characters.

I'm just going to accept that you > me and I need a five level handicap to hang. Reason behind this is uncertain (strategy, or poor use of skillpoints/bonuses?) but I really don't think I can handle either of those two bosses like you have. *applauds*

Maybe just one more day of power leveling, and I'll have them both.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #225 on: December 11, 2009, 09:24:23 AM »

So it would seem XD I'm done now though, so... go ahead?  That's all I've got in me tonight; pages 1 (Characters at start) is done, page 2 is almost done (Characters from 1F-5F) except for Rumia and Aya, because I don't use em enough so someone else can supply info.  Page 3-6 (The rest) have all the characters listed, plus what I -think- is the recruitment method, but a few I couldn't decode or may have wrong.

Namely a certain M__________ who I think may require a character that needs you to reach F16 first, in which case, please move her to the 5th page of characters @_@

Also: Row damage is 100% / 80% / 40 % / 10%

« Reply #226 on: December 11, 2009, 09:57:25 AM »
I've been looking forward to the floor 12 lady. But I have yet to find the event that unlocks her on the 16th floor. I don't expect much but just a high damage spellcaster with no utility, but a variety of elements.

You just need to reach floor 16 or higher + have all the 3 floor 12 girls as well as the floor 8 girl have 1000 or more battle points combined and you can activate her event.

Namely a certain M__________ who I think may require a character that needs you to reach F16 first, in which case, please move her to the 5th page of characters @_@

She's at the right place. You only need to reach floor 14, then go back to floor 12 to activate her event.

I'll do some checking of the conditions in a few minutes.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #227 on: December 11, 2009, 10:04:27 AM »
So it would seem XD I'm done now though, so... go ahead?  That's all I've got in me tonight; pages 1 (Characters at start) is done, page 2 is almost done (Characters from 1F-5F) except for Rumia and Aya, because I don't use em enough so someone else can supply info.  Page 3-6 (The rest) have all the characters listed, plus what I -think- is the recruitment method, but a few I couldn't decode or may have wrong.

I use Aya quite a lot. Mostly for trash killing, but she also acts as my speed buffer for someone who I want buffed that sakuya missed, her boss damage isn't too shabby either actually, just not her purpose for me.

I have no idea how you figure out stat growths and whatnot, plus that would only make it easier to figure out if you didn't use em I rekon (since you wont have skill levels and level choice boosts warping what you get per level), But I'm willing to supply any info I know about her that you may not if I can! I just don't know what >=P. For me she makes a good trash clearer because she generally goes before any monster does, and her multi target wind spell does respectable enough damage to one shot some fast glass cannon enemies (like most Ghoste-type enemies). So far, her combined with any other speedy character with a multi target nuke can pretty much clear any enemy group minus the beefy ones that wont go before any of your not so fast guys anyway.

edit:
Anybody get that pop-up on the wiki page? pretends to scan your computer for viruses or whatever? I'm not sure how to get rid of it without closing the wiki page as well >=(. I've tried cancel, and the x-button, but nothing seems to close it without killing the wiki page >=(.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 10:20:57 AM by Ghaleon »

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #228 on: December 11, 2009, 04:27:43 PM »
Stat Growth data is all present on the wiki.  That's where formulas and stuff come from too.

I add in the ratings later; they're based on how the character matches up to all other characters in that stat (And yes I have this all on record), not how they place on the actual complete scale, and sometimes there's a big jump between the absolute best and the second place (For instance, the best natural FIR resistance is about 380 (!?), while the second best is 250 or so, and third is only... 180?), and not every stat has the same scale anyway (For instance, PSN resistance goes from 0-30, but DTH resistance goes from 4-50).

So if you're looking at the data and see a F or *, that means the character's the worst - or best - at what they do.  E and S are "just as significant but not the absolute", and so on inwards.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 04:30:57 PM by Garlyle »

Mima

• Permabanned
  • By Benny1
« Reply #229 on: December 11, 2009, 05:40:15 PM »
I was looking forward to playing this until I found out that this game isn't compatible with my Nvidia drivers and makes my drivers stop responding the moment I open the game.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #230 on: December 11, 2009, 07:44:30 PM »
I was looking forward to playing this until I found out that this game isn't compatible with my Nvidia drivers and makes my drivers stop responding the moment I open the game.

eh? I have an Nvidia 8800GT. Works fine, you're using applocale right?

Describe your problems exactly. You just get a black screen that doesn't go away and you hit escape and you're back in windows? I had that same problem when trying the game, First time was because I messed up the updating pr ocess, second was because I didn't try applocale.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 08:16:21 PM by Ghaleon »

Milkyway64

« Reply #231 on: December 11, 2009, 08:52:24 PM »

Describe your problems exactly. You just get a black screen that doesn't go away and you hit escape and you're back in windows? I had that same problem when trying the game, First time was because I messed up the updating pr ocess, second was because I didn't try applocale.

Sounds a lot like me. I'm running fine, too, so it's probably not your drivers.

I'd add to the wiki if I knew anything at all, but as it is I just roll with the game with NO idea of the exact mechanics, drops, and stats. Which leads me to ask; does a certain member who joins at the end of floor 9 have the MAG+ATK mechanic that Reimu and Cirno do?

Chaore

« Reply #232 on: December 11, 2009, 09:04:56 PM »
Sounds a lot like me. I'm running fine, too, so it's probably not your drivers.

I'd add to the wiki if I knew anything at all, but as it is I just roll with the game with NO idea of the exact mechanics, drops, and stats. Which leads me to ask; does a certain member who joins at the end of floor 9 have the MAG+ATK mechanic that Reimu and Cirno do?
Pretty sure shes pure magic, otherwise I'm suprised. (Given her Attack is kind of high for a mage-type, I shouldn't be.)

Anima Zero

• Captain of the Spear
« Reply #233 on: December 11, 2009, 09:29:04 PM »
Pretty sure shes pure magic, otherwise I'm suprised. (Given her Attack is kind of high for a mage-type, I shouldn't be.)
Her third skill's description mentioning it being a composite skill seems to be the reason why she's got the ATK she does.

As for my update...9F cleared in terms of boss fights, one optional, the other one forced.

The optional one I tried right away when I hit the floor and got rather owned.  Decided to explore 9F first to level up some which led to another boss fight guarding the way to the 10F stairs.

That one...was a joke.  So long as Patchy kept spamming Royal Flare every turn, the boss was essentially not attacking except for one party attack at the very end (Which didn't even do a whole lot of damage, just stat debuffs).

New character joined the party after that (Whom is pretty good I'd say).

After exploring more unmapped portions of 9F, saved and tried the optional bitch near the 8F stairs again.

This time I managed to come out on top...barely.  One more turn from her and I may have likely lost the fight.

Too bad she kinda stinks as a party member though.

Saved again, decided to check out the 8F spot where a character was before that didn't join.

...Uh yeah, I don't think I'm gonna be doing that fight for awhile.  Opening attack KO'ing everyone except Meiling who gets knocked down to double digit HP herself?  Ouchies.

Gonna finish mapping out a few spots on 9F, then see what 10F has to offer.

Side note:  9F's music is sweet.

Main party levels are around 35-37 with a few characters at 39-40.
"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero..." Zero, Mega Man Zero 4

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #234 on: December 11, 2009, 09:34:39 PM »

Saved again, decided to check out the 8F spot where a character was before that didn't join.
*rolled*

Yeah, that boss is just plain not possible at that timeunless you're way  (and I mean way) overlevel. I did it after "the triple boss", and it was easier than the said triple boss.
The triple boss btw, is the very next forced boss you have to fight, you'll gain a LOT of levels and equipment before getting to it despite being the next one though.

Mima

• Permabanned
  • By Benny1
« Reply #235 on: December 11, 2009, 10:53:50 PM »

The game works (slow) if I run it in a virtual PC, in normal Windows 7 it sucks bad.

Chaore

« Reply #236 on: December 11, 2009, 10:56:26 PM »
Windows 7
May be your issue there.  :V

Unless, well, someone else is running it on the same OS. Otherwise its honestly very very odd.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #237 on: December 11, 2009, 11:00:49 PM »
Yeah, that boss is just plain not possible at that timeunless you're way  (and I mean way) overlevel. I did it after "the triple boss", and it was easier than the said triple boss.
The triple boss btw, is the very next forced boss you have to fight, you'll gain a LOT of levels and equipment before getting to it despite being the next one though.

This is good news to me.

5F bitch's drop is a freakin' late game item. I am not giving up until I get it out of her! The fight is pretty easy since Patchy does a 8.8k Silent Selene. I think I can hit 10k if 6F bitch buffs her.

Krimmydoodle

• We must apply more SCIENCE!
« Reply #238 on: December 11, 2009, 11:07:28 PM »
5F bitch's drop is a freakin' late game item. I am not giving up until I get it out of her!

On this note, are there any lost-forevers in this game (that anyone would know of), or, if I miss anything, will there always be a chance to get another copy of it later?  I think part of the reason I'm having fun with this is because I'm -not- being obsessive about perfection, but the lurking inner perfectionist inside still wants to know.
Whether you're on Easy or you're a Lunatic, be damn proud of your accomplishments.  Don't let anyone convince you otherwise, for it's when you lose faith in your own achievements that those victories become defeats.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #239 on: December 11, 2009, 11:10:57 PM »
No item is lost forever, but some are worth getting multiples of because they're so damn rare as normal drops anyway. I restarted for the sole purpose of getting all the boss drops. Meilings and 4F bitch's are awesome. I didn't get 3F bitch's (neither of theirs, and had to farm for it on 5F).