Author Topic: Your Luckiest Dodges  (Read 50774 times)

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
Re: Your Luckiest Dodges
« Reply #120 on: January 22, 2010, 01:18:38 AM »
Fluke dodges are apparent. There's at least 3 or 4 in the stage portion alone (you'll know when you see them), and more during Mokou (got lucky with positioning right before the end). It's my first time ever reaching Mokou, so don't mind my bad playing.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

Chen

• Ruined my own appeal by being a dumbass
« Reply #121 on: January 22, 2010, 03:35:01 AM »
Once on a run in IN , I was like "EIRIN CANT YOU HELP ME WIN AND DIE ALREADY??" and then I dodged everything.
 :V

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #122 on: January 22, 2010, 07:23:19 AM »
Decided to mess around with "Polygraph" with more No Vertical fun. The result?

A couple of these. See those bullets? I fly right through them. And then gap back and die. Clearly not worth it unless I can find a way to abuse this.
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

« Reply #123 on: January 22, 2010, 07:42:13 AM »
I was fooling around in PCB Normal on one of Youmu's fail non-spells (or was it a failcard?), and I decided to see how long I could stand in one place without dying.  I managed about 15 seconds and was really surprised that nothing hit me during that time.  Not sure if that counts as dodging, but it is fun to see the bullets dodge Sakuya instead of the other way around.

Helion

• I am the very model of a scientist salarian
« Reply #124 on: January 23, 2010, 01:44:41 PM »
Not sure if this counts, but I lost my last life in MoF running up to the PoC to get point items, hopefully an extend. I got the point extend while dead  :V.

« Reply #125 on: January 23, 2010, 02:10:14 PM »

Pacifist, and I'm moving straight down. I survived.

Lord Scalgon

• Trying to get used to things...
« Reply #126 on: January 23, 2010, 04:44:10 PM »

I could've failed to capture VoWG the first time (but I'm glad I captured it already, which was, in fact, two months ago).

Very close call, if you ask me.
Current ambition: NBND VoWG timeout.  Best run: NB1D

Azure Lazuline

• Looooove!!
  • PM me for free huggles and love!
    • Entanma Project - indie game development
« Reply #127 on: January 24, 2010, 12:15:02 AM »

I moved to the right, went between those two bullets, and survived. (Yes I'm playing on Easy, I was doing a demonstration for a friend... not like I can beat Normal without bombspam anyway)

mikeKOSA

« Reply #128 on: January 24, 2010, 12:46:13 AM »

i was supposed to die there... but flandre let me lived so just she can cut me in half with lavatein

Bananamatic

« Reply #129 on: January 24, 2010, 12:59:44 AM »
Not touhou, but it's a shmup and it's more ridiculous than most stuff here. A picture wouldn't be enough here.

This one was actually planned, but I was 1 pixel off death from 3 bullets at once.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
« Reply #130 on: January 24, 2010, 01:13:38 AM »
Fast forward to Suwako's first time-out card. I could swear I mindlessly dashed right through the row of danmaku around the 29 second mark. It was my first time playing this one, so I didn't know how best to misdirect it, and that "dodge" came up randomly.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

« Reply #131 on: January 30, 2010, 08:55:44 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwgCM-Xw9mo

This makes me giggle.  It was my first 1CC of PCB normal, and with pulling stunts like that, I am not sure how I managed...

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
« Reply #132 on: January 31, 2010, 09:41:08 PM »
Fast forward to Kuzui Clear Water, around 49 seconds left. I forgot to check where the green knives were heading, so I had absolutely no idea where they were. I somehow survive those and the blue knives at the same time.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 09:47:39 PM by Funen1 »

Bitz

• So Moe!
  • *heart attack*
« Reply #133 on: February 01, 2010, 06:19:56 AM »
Yay, unintentionally cleared Unseasonable Butterfly Storm. I meant to demonstrate the insanity of this spell card to my brother but instead somehow found a safe spot and sat there shooting until I won. Record: 1/11

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #134 on: February 01, 2010, 10:55:29 PM »
I seriously thought I was going to die. Scaled up.
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

« Reply #135 on: February 03, 2010, 05:24:50 AM »
I imagine most of my grazes like that..but sometimes the games become a manuever the tiny white dot fest...

with lasers

you can't have a festival without lasers

moldy_tomato

« Reply #136 on: February 03, 2010, 06:15:30 PM »
Total Purification cleared with some lucky dodges.

Formless God

« Reply #137 on: February 04, 2010, 04:27:46 PM »

You cannot find me.

Krimmydoodle

• We must apply more SCIENCE!
« Reply #139 on: February 15, 2010, 01:20:11 PM »
Monday, Feb 15th, 2010, Virtue of Wind God.

This filled me with a sense of nostalgia and made me want to look back at my first VoWG capture.  Seeing it with my now well-trained Lunatic eyes, I notice that many dodges were utter stupidity, being some sort of squeeze that I wouldn't even consider trying to fit into today.  I should have died.  I should have died a lot.

Alternatively, take everything before VoWG and insert it into the Most Embarrassing Thread.
Whether you're on Easy or you're a Lunatic, be damn proud of your accomplishments.  Don't let anyone convince you otherwise, for it's when you lose faith in your own achievements that those victories become defeats.

dustyjo

« Reply #140 on: February 17, 2010, 04:27:41 AM »
I somehow dodged the entire "bullets coming out of fucking nowhere" but right before Ran in PCB.

:V

Ruka

• Lab Syndrome
  • "Even a failure produces valid results."
    • Ruka Sari Sari
« Reply #141 on: February 18, 2010, 07:05:32 AM »
Stage 6 at the very end. I call it Dodge Hax.

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=486

« Reply #142 on: February 19, 2010, 02:24:16 AM »

This is what happens when you try to shotgun Aya and don't get out of the way in time.

Furienify

• Yeehaw!
  • Equestrian Fansubber
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #144 on: February 26, 2010, 10:15:05 PM »

jc_foster

• Learning the ways of the bomb
  • Specializing in idiotic deaths since 2009
« Reply #145 on: February 27, 2010, 07:58:39 PM »
Even though it's not Touhou .... here, around 3:37 (video should pick up at 3:30)

Kefit

• The Wild Draw Four of America
« Reply #146 on: February 27, 2010, 08:22:19 PM »
A million years ago back when I was trying to no focus 1cc EoSD Lunatic Rumia would often do silly things to me. Like trap me against the side of the screen with her silly random bullet walls. Most of the time I died, but one of the times I was just like "whatever" and no focus dashed through all the bullets.

Something that might be slightly more meaningful to you lot (and substantially more luck base now that I think of it) is 00:52 here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1MR9jOpH94

Nyyl

• 弾幕に頭脳?馬鹿じゃないのか?
  • 弾幕はパワーだよ
« Reply #147 on: February 27, 2010, 09:08:18 PM »
"This playthrough is hopeless. I might as well kill myself and start over"
*runs unfocused circles over the top of the screen to kill self and doesn't get hit by anything*
"WHAT"

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #148 on: March 01, 2010, 06:58:55 PM »

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #149 on: March 04, 2010, 06:06:20 PM »

Reimu uses a coat of bullets to keep her warm during the cold winter.