Author Topic: Overwatch Thread: UPRISING PvE, HotS Promotional Event 2.0, and New D.VA Skin!  (Read 103167 times)

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
Re: Overwatch Thread: The Cavalry's Here - Now Live/Rolling Out!
« Reply #300 on: October 15, 2016, 03:43:40 AM »
The fact that Halloween skins cost 3x the price of normal ones, and they are available for a limited time only triggers me so hard.

At least we can buy them.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
« Reply #301 on: October 15, 2016, 05:55:20 AM »
I'm becoming increasingly certain that people who play McCree in the brawl are not quite aware of certain aspects of Deadeye, mainly that you still fire a bullet that deals damage at 300 dps * time spent locked on (more if you're Nanoed) at enemies you're not going to kill in one shot. I had an interesting battle with this one guy on voice chat basically going, "guys, guys; knock Roadhog down most of the way so I can one-shot him with Deadeye. Guys, guys; healz plz why aren't you healing plz plz dead. gg guys." Admittedly, he did have a point that the Soldier and Ana were not healing his ass, but I'd wager that was because he was being testy on chat.

EDIT: Also somehow I keep getting top kills in the brawl with either Hanzo or Soldier (usually by only one or two). Hanzo I can understand because good casts of Dragonstrike knock down a dozen enemies at once. Combined with my relative spamming of it (expect a cast from me mid-wave, and another during the elite), I shred. The only think I can think about with Soldier is that Helix Rockets have AoE, and Tactical Visor lets him "snap" to targets. Either that, or my team's McCree is a bit less skilled than I am. Or maybe it's just I shoot faster than they do?
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 09:10:04 AM by Ionasal kkll Solciel »
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

Silent Harmony

• Everybody needs the Pharmarcy
  • Justice never dies!

1CC List (all shmups)
League of Legends / Battle.net: Harmony11(#1694)

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #303 on: October 21, 2016, 07:01:36 AM »
So new on PTR: D.Va gets 600 health and faster movement while firing, Torbjorn gets scrap charged every so often now in exchange for less scrap from dead enemies and a faster but weaker hammer, turrets getting destroyed no longer charges ult for the deployer, Soldier's rifle deals more damage now but spreads farther, again emphasizing burst fire, Nano Boost no longer increases movement speed, Blizzard charges slightly slower now, Particle/Projected Barrier now contributes less charge to Zarya, and most stunningly, ALL Ultimates now charge slower.
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,

Ryuu

• time for kittyrina lessons
  • time to press r again
« Reply #304 on: October 21, 2016, 08:45:43 AM »
i finally did my placements

got placed into diamond

quickly learned that people in diamond don't actually know anything about the game and just got that high based off of click accuracy

http://ryuukyunplaysstuff.tumblr.com/ read about me playing league i guess

NaCl

• Salty bitch
  • I'm very salty. Sometimes.
« Reply #305 on: October 21, 2016, 12:15:14 PM »
So new on PTR: D.Va gets 600 health and faster movement while firing, Torbjorn gets scrap charged every so often now in exchange for less scrap from dead enemies and a faster but weaker hammer, turrets getting destroyed no longer charges ult for the deployer, Soldier's rifle deals more damage now but spreads farther, again emphasizing burst fire, Nano Boost no longer increases movement speed, Blizzard charges slightly slower now, Particle/Projected Barrier now contributes less charge to Zarya, and most stunningly, ALL Ultimates now charge slower.
I suppose it's fine that they're nerfing nano. The fact that there's no way of running away from a nano-ed Grandad or Roadhog is just too game changing.

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #306 on: October 28, 2016, 05:56:50 AM »
i finally did my placements

got placed into diamond

quickly learned that people in diamond don't actually know anything about the game and just got that high based off of click accuracy
on the other hand, i got placed mid-plat and it's all due to my supporting/game knowledge yet absolutely abysmal aim

c'est la vie

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

Ryuu

• time for kittyrina lessons
  • time to press r again
« Reply #307 on: October 30, 2016, 06:20:26 AM »
i floated between plat and diamond before i gave up on comp for this season

plat legit has the better players. their aim is only slightly worse than people in diamond, but they have A LOT more game knowledge, work together, and actually care about team comps

unfortunately the sr calculations are kind of fucked up right now so it basically takes playing forever until you get a lucky/unlucky streak to actually make a significant movement in sr

http://ryuukyunplaysstuff.tumblr.com/ read about me playing league i guess

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!

Tamashii Kanjou

• If you didn't quite already know...
  • I am the leader of TCF <3
    • TCF's Gaming Channel
« Reply #309 on: November 05, 2016, 12:00:32 AM »
As a heads up, if anyone using the America server are organising play sessions... I've just tested it, and my connection has no issue with it. Added everyone to my friends list that was on the front page (mine is Kanjou, of course) because server friend lists are unique...

Also, on note, SOMBRA! I do love Reaper's interactions with her to boot in the trailer XD

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #310 on: November 06, 2016, 06:07:53 AM »
Genji Oni skin and sprays requires playing 15 games in HotS with at least one player on your friends list...

... joy.

The event doesn't start until the 15th.

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #311 on: November 15, 2016, 08:06:42 PM »
A Sombra is out, along with the patch 1.5 revisions.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #312 on: November 16, 2016, 12:16:49 AM »
I'm very bad at Mystery Duel. Keep getting trainwrecked.

Sombra is probably going to take a lot of getting used to, since her DPS is poor even compared to other flankers.

Move eternally forward,

Amraphenson

• The problem is, you're a friend that likes to talk!
  • ...well, I am too!
« Reply #313 on: November 16, 2016, 01:43:43 AM »
Not particularly. She does about as much damage as Tracer and can 1 clip the same characters assuming headshots, like Tracer.
Sugoiiii~
[23:02] <~Iced> You have sown the seeds of your own destruction Amra.
[23:20] <Stuffman> enjoy your personally crafted hell Amra

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #314 on: November 16, 2016, 05:00:50 AM »
Not particularly. She does about as much damage as Tracer and can 1 clip the same characters assuming headshots, like Tracer.
The problem is her slow fire rate, which is a long time compared to Tracer just unloading both her guns in a couple of seconds.

I appear to do very well as Roadhog in the 3v3 mode, as a support flanker. Actual flankers tend to wreck me, but I haven't seen many Genjis or Tracers around.

Move eternally forward,

Amraphenson

• The problem is, you're a friend that likes to talk!
  • ...well, I am too!
« Reply #315 on: November 16, 2016, 08:17:27 PM »
 Sombra has a deeper mag (60), with a 2.4 to 8 damage per bullet depending on distance. Takes 3 seconds to empty her magazine, 480 damage max without headshots.
Tracer deals 1.5 to 6 per bullet, 40 bullets a mag. 1 second to empty her magazine, another second to reload, and another second to empty her second mag results in 480 damage max as well.

They're actually equal at 3 seconds, assuming close range meatshots. Her DPS really isn't poor at all.
Sugoiiii~
[23:02] <~Iced> You have sown the seeds of your own destruction Amra.
[23:20] <Stuffman> enjoy your personally crafted hell Amra

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #316 on: November 17, 2016, 06:24:29 AM »
Huh. Welp, I'm completely wrong (again).

Also finally, finally eked out a 1v1 win. Managed to get a Charge in v. Reinhardt, got obliterated by Zarya (she's my weakest character, because I have shit-tier aim with her), Mei, and Torbjorn, perfected against Junkrat, got a good backstab missile v. Soldier:76, took advantage of slopes covering some of my surface area as Bastion, got outgunned by D.Va, and out-jumped Winston.

Move eternally forward,

Tamashii Kanjou

• If you didn't quite already know...
  • I am the leader of TCF <3
    • TCF's Gaming Channel
« Reply #317 on: November 18, 2016, 09:10:06 PM »
As a heads up to everyone, OW is running a free weekend starting now, and ending this Monday; and that covers all platforms including PC. Might be a good time for those who want to poke at it, to do so; and maybe mess about with fellow friends since most of the game modes (including Custom) are free game <3

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #318 on: November 22, 2016, 07:45:42 PM »
https://youtu.be/elN-QGyToxM
Upcoming Symmetra changes:

She'll have 2 possible ults:  Her Tele (which gets increased health and shields) or a Shield Generator which has a big range and ignores line of sight.
Shields: Replaced by Photon Barrier.  Sounds similar to Reinhardt's Barrier.
Sentry Turrets: Starts with 6 to start the match (instead of 3) and recharge rate reduced to 10 seconds (from 12)
Primary Weapon Fire will get a small range increase.

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #319 on: November 22, 2016, 08:02:04 PM »
https://youtu.be/elN-QGyToxM
Upcoming Symmetra changes:

She'll have 2 possible ults:  Her Tele (which gets increased health and shields) or a Shield Generator which has a big range and ignores line of sight.
Shields: Replaced by Photon Barrier.  Sounds similar to Reinhardt's Barrier.
Sentry Turrets: Starts with 6 to start the match (instead of 3) and recharge rate reduced to 10 seconds (from 12)

THANK

GOD

NaCl

• Salty bitch
  • I'm very salty. Sometimes.
« Reply #320 on: November 22, 2016, 11:37:18 PM »
Seems like a much-needed buff, though I'm going to be afraid to face a Symmetra head-on after the update. Her DPS is pretty high as-is. The range increase (along with her abilities of course) will ultimately make her a much more viable and fun character to play.

Thank you in advance, Overwatch devs!

Edit: Can't wait to see how OP she will be after patch.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 11:52:59 PM by NaCl »

Silent Harmony

• Justice never dies!
« Reply #321 on: December 01, 2016, 11:45:47 PM »
Holy shit the Season 3 salt is real (and super annoying).

For people who are doing placements and are itching to blame Blizzard for screwing up somehow, what's going on is Season 2 placements were so bad because they based your SR mostly on W/L, so this season they basically are going purely on statistics to base S3 on how you ended S2 and making sure that's close to "correct."

Videos on the subject:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfVhNXtwbvc - Overwatch Central
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbCWHOcv508 - Stylosa (Unit Lost)
https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/5fv451/reminder_jeff_kaplans_prophecy_for_half_this_sub/

Also Reddit discusses the Perfect Placement Paradox.

1CC List (all shmups)

Zerviscos

• Infinite Bread Chewing Powers! Activate!
  • Om nom nom nom nom nom*
Re: Overwatch Thread: Season 3 is HERE! Symmetra Rework in PTR.
« Reply #322 on: December 13, 2016, 01:56:04 PM »
Looks like I'm gold...I lost 6 placement matches. lel. Blaming all the junkrats who couldn't junkrat.

Twitter | Steam | Battle.net[Zerviscos#1833]

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
Re: Overwatch Thread: Season 3 is HERE! Symmetra Rework in PTR.
« Reply #323 on: December 13, 2016, 08:37:53 PM »
Christmas hitting Overasswatch early this year.

Silent Harmony

• Justice never dies!
Re: Overwatch Thread: Symmetra Rework and Winter Wonderland Event LIVE!
« Reply #324 on: December 13, 2016, 08:47:34 PM »
Poor Mei, even Blizzard doesn't like her. Legendary status for a base skin recolor and 1 new ability effect (her Ice Block is now a snowman). Meanwhile other seasonal legendaries (hell, every legendary) is a completely new costume and (often) voice line.

That Android Krillin skin though more than makes up for that. Also Zarya's new legendary emote.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2016, 08:49:24 PM by Silent Harmony »

1CC List (all shmups)

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #325 on: December 13, 2016, 09:15:48 PM »
Mei is the same outfit, just with a hat :(

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #326 on: December 13, 2016, 09:26:16 PM »
Was playing Sym before PTR went live, haven't played PTR, I like the new Symmetra. The shield generator makes me think I am playing Red Alert Supreme Commander or something :V

Zerviscos

• Infinite Bread Chewing Powers! Activate!
  • Om nom nom nom nom nom*
« Reply #327 on: December 16, 2016, 02:26:27 AM »

Ohgod

Twitter | Steam | Battle.net[Zerviscos#1833]

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #328 on: December 16, 2016, 03:36:52 AM »

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #329 on: December 17, 2016, 03:48:10 PM »
symmetra rework tl;dr

In other news, switching between her ults was really confusing at first. I ended up placing a teleporter right next to the statue in King's Row.

Even more amazing perhaps is that it managed to teleport 3 people in ~30 seconds before getting destroyed.