Author Topic: Communication Breakdance (Game Over! Town win)  (Read 80905 times)

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
Re: Communication Breakdance (Daybreak)
« Reply #210 on: August 28, 2009, 08:41:05 PM »
Zengar: Not too sure what Serp's position on how people should be analyzing stuff or going from RVS to real discussion affects his scumminess. Explain more please.
In a nutshell, Hen's cleaner now that he has explained his motives and such. Since Serp's voting on him, he should at least address how this can affect his point of view, but instead, he decides to lurk actively.

Nachtwanderlied

« Reply #211 on: August 28, 2009, 08:49:32 PM »
UK: Alright then. Where do your suspicions on Kilga lie then?

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #212 on: August 28, 2009, 08:53:10 PM »
UK: Alright then. Where do your suspicions on Kilga lie then?

Kilga may or may not be town at this juncture. But, I lean slight town. I think he's wrong to write you off though.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #213 on: August 28, 2009, 09:18:50 PM »
I'm not "writing him off". There's no guarantee I won't vote for him at some point down the line in this game.

I just saw something happen in this game that happened last game, and last game the person flipped town. This makes me less inclined to think Seniwac scum. Player meta is one thing, situational meta is another entirely.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #214 on: August 28, 2009, 09:21:48 PM »
I'm not "writing him off". There's no guarantee I won't vote for him at some point down the line in this game.

I just saw something happen in this game that happened last game, and last game the person flipped town. This makes me less inclined to think Seniwac scum. Player meta is one thing, situational meta is another entirely.

Nyeh...I don't think it's safe to just write him off even at the moment. But whatev.

Nachtwanderlied

« Reply #215 on: August 28, 2009, 09:22:54 PM »
Now this is odd. You found Kiro suspicious because of "no original thought." Let's look at Kilga's posts then.

155: Parrot post. Stating what has already been said. Point on Seniwac was done by Edible and WOOHOOs onto the Zengar train because he believes information may be gained. Nothing new, really.

157: Telling Zengar that the WOOHOO was not due to the people on it. Not too relevant.

162: Joke post. Not relevant at all.

173: Confusion about umu's post. Not too relevant.

202: Claims that his WOOHOO was also because Zengar exhibited scum-like qualities. This is a strange post as his two distinctions are not quite clear. When is the line crossed between those two? In the end, another accusation of scummy due to waffling.

So why is Kilga slightly town again?

Also it would be superb if Kilga answered my qualms.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #216 on: August 28, 2009, 09:25:25 PM »
At this point I probably require a reread of both K's in question.

Nachtwanderlied

« Reply #217 on: August 28, 2009, 09:26:21 PM »
Although I really don't like your dodging, it would be best that you do.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #218 on: August 28, 2009, 09:28:34 PM »
Although I really don't like your dodging, it would be best that you do.

But is it dodging when I have to refresh my reads in a more isolated way? Oh yeah, probably not gonna happen for a couple hours.

Blame TSO. Nadesico is involved.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #219 on: August 28, 2009, 09:32:03 PM »
Waffles are delicious, but I ran out. Sorry~
##Vote Serpentarius
I find it weird that after everything that has been pointed out between your 141 and 182, your position hasn't changed not even a little bit, and on top of it, you haven't commented about it.

I read 141 and 182, so what about it made it voteworthy because I'm not seeing any sense here still.

Heniwac: Derp. I meant that I could change my vote to Zengar at anytime, so he should consider me having a vote on him. Then I misread which one of you were at L-2 and L-3(Thought Zengar was at L-2, and you were at L-3 >_>), so I thought that he would be at L-1 if I were voting for him, instead of L-2.

You know, using gimmicks that I've used as scum is really scraping the bottom for plays. And it makes you look even worse than you already do.

Still waiting on Edible and Suwako to check in. Maybe a vote count more often would be nice (get an ad hoc co?)

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #220 on: August 28, 2009, 09:36:37 PM »
Waffles are delicious, but I ran out. Sorry~
##Vote Serpentarius
I find it weird that after everything that has been pointed out between your 141 and 182, your position hasn't changed not even a little bit, and on top of it, you haven't commented about it.

I read 141 and 182, so what about it made it voteworthy because I'm not seeing any sense here still.
It's not that you see nothing voteworthy.
It's that you see Nothing at all.
That's my base. With that time difference, he should at least say why he's still in the wagon.

Nachtwanderlied

« Reply #221 on: August 28, 2009, 09:39:35 PM »
Also Serp couldn't have responded to things addressing after 182 because he was not on that time.

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #222 on: August 28, 2009, 09:42:29 PM »
Also Serp couldn't have responded to things addressing after 182 because he was not on that time.
I said in between, not after.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #223 on: August 28, 2009, 09:47:52 PM »
pesco actually feels somewhat town this time around, what with unusual levels of decent analysis.  Usually when he's scum it's pinging off the walls.

I've stated my opinions on KGH already, he's not the right lynch for today.  Zengar seems to be spending much of his time trying to direct people's attention away from himself, which seems amusingly scummy enough for a D1 lynch.  What is he at now?  If it's not L-1, I'll throw a vote down.  I'd like a claim, too.

Edible: Back in 117, you've stated that UK makes you feel uneasy. Has this changed? Please give a reason why or why not.

UK's playstyle at present reminds me somewhat of the last time she was scum around here.  I have no basis other than slight meta for my suspicions, and it's not really worthy of a vote.  To answer your question, though, yes - gut still tells me UK is scum.  Usually my gut is right about these things, but as I had evidence to go with gut-detecting Alice in GWU and pesco in Yume Nikki, I do not have any to go with UK.  I'm keeping an eye on her.

Edible said his second joke vote after there was legitimate things to discuss. Now, he just isn't contributing to discussion, and active lurking. So yeah, my reason for not liking him changed.

Nice misrep.  Active lurking would imply I've been here to lurk actively.  You're trying too hard, bro.

Nachtwanderlied

« Reply #224 on: August 28, 2009, 10:07:38 PM »
He is at L-3. You may throw your vote in now.

What have you to say about your sparse postings?

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #225 on: August 28, 2009, 10:31:57 PM »
Seniwac: 202 was a restatement of the first point in 155. This isn't an "also" situation because I've maintained it from the beginning.

I have no clue what the rest of your question regarding my 202 means.

Accusing me of "restating things" is a gotcha because I hadn't posted in several pages so of course I was going to say things that had already been said.

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

« Reply #226 on: August 28, 2009, 10:58:29 PM »
The "Mod is getting lazy with votecount names" Votecount

EX Na2O2 (L-7): Pesco
Suwako J. Moriya (L-7): Kiro
Kiro (L-7): Suwako J. Moriya
(L-7):  Khorneish Game Hen
Khorneish Game Hen(L-2): , Serpentarius, Uncertain Kitten, Suwako J. Moriya, Kitten4u, Ex Na2O2
Hizengar Byakuren (L-3): Kilgamayan, Uµ, Kiro, Kilgamayan, Pesco
Pesco (L-7): EX Na2O2, Kilgamayan
Edible (L-7): Kitten4u
Kilgamayan (L-7):Hizengar Byakuren
UncertainKitten (L-6): UncertainKitten, Ex Na2O2, Khorneish Game Hen
Serpentarius (L-6): Suwako J. Moriya, Uµ, hizengar Byakuren

Khorneish Game Hen is at L-2
Hizengar Byakuren is at L-3

There was only one change in voting since my last post. Stop whining about the votecount while I'm sleeping.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 12:40:38 AM by Zakeri »

Nachtwanderlied

« Reply #227 on: August 28, 2009, 11:05:06 PM »
Seniwac: 202 was a restatement of the first point in 155. This isn't an "also" situation because I've maintained it from the beginning.

I have no clue what the rest of your question regarding my 202 means.

Accusing me of "restating things" is a gotcha because I hadn't posted in several pages so of course I was going to say things that had already been said.

Oh. I want to ask for your thought process when judging Zengar's thoughts on me. Why exactly do you believe he falls into the scummy approach.

Also: "is a gotcha?" Is this a typo?

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #228 on: August 28, 2009, 11:08:21 PM »
His approach to Seniwac has been "I'm not sure exactly what to do here so I'm going to hang back and ride the fence for a while". A townie's approach to Seniwac would be "Is this scummy or not?" whereas a scum's approach would be "How do I handle this weird situation?". Zengar has exhibited the latter more than the former.

And no, "is a gotcha" is not a typo. "Gotcha" is a noun in this case.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #229 on: August 28, 2009, 11:42:10 PM »
UK's playstyle at present reminds me somewhat of the last time she was scum around here.

Oh really? What, the competent playstyle in RWS (was it RWS? Or was it the one before that?)

Ah well, let's get to Kilga/Kiro since I got megablocked (fuck you megavideo)

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #230 on: August 28, 2009, 11:43:02 PM »
Anti town behavior, lack of scum hunting, attempts to confuse the issue by attack such things as his experience rather than actually addressing what he did, and what he did itself, with ADMITTING he wanted to do something anti town to break out of the RVS phase...
@bolded:  Anti-Town, sure.  Scummy, no.  This is the basis of my read in the first place.
Lack of scum hunting, I'm not sure on.  I think he was doing pretty well with pressuring me, minus the part about it being unfounded.
The main point is the "attempts to confuse the issue" etc., which I'd like to see some documentation about because I don't remember that offhand.  (Yes, I'm being lazy.)

I'm actually finding myself mostly agreeing with Edible as of this five minutes. 

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #231 on: August 28, 2009, 11:49:22 PM »
Let's see, Kiro 148 reiterates the Seni-roleclaim, However, the rest of the post does seem to be original positioning, though there is a Serpy waffle. Maybe the parroting was reading cuts.

Let's continue.

Kiro 161, Zengar observation is not new, and I don't think the Edible one is either. The sodium one is newer from what I can tell.

184 is good.

I think overall I was reacting to skims rather than direct reading. Sorry! Kiro seems a lot more townie with a reread.

Going to do Kilga next.

@bolded:  Anti-Town, sure.  Scummy, no.  This is the basis of my read in the first place.

In this case I don't think there is much worth in establishing the difference between anti-town and scumminess. They are pretty close to one and the same at this juncture.

The main point is the "attempts to confuse the issue" etc., which I'd like to see some documentation about because I don't remember that offhand.

I have to reanalyze him too? Goddammit.

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #232 on: August 28, 2009, 11:53:35 PM »
In this case I don't think there is much worth in establishing the difference between anti-town and scumminess. They are pretty close to one and the same at this juncture.
Which brings us back to :objection: number one:  How was Heniwac's VT claim more likely to be done by scum than Town?

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #233 on: August 28, 2009, 11:56:50 PM »
Huh...lots of jokes from Kilga for the first three pages, only getting slightly serious near the end of page 3.

Holy CRAP talk about IIoA in 155 :S

To be fair though, he is right that Zengar misrepped him. The reality just isn't much better

Jokes and more IIoA for the rest of page 6...

Kilga 202 is alright...but it doesn't appear to be doing much besides elaborating on Zengar

Without any new insight or really much scumhunting?

Honestly, I see the point of "wagoning on Zengar cause it's cool" to an extent. Your reasons are alright when elaborated, but what else do you think and why?

Leaning more scummy on Kilga with a concentrated reread. Will reread Seni to determine how I feel about that given my shifts. This is what I get for skimmery :S.

Which brings us back to :objection: number one:  How was Heniwac's VT claim more likely to be done by scum than Town?

Already explained. It's more a scum mistake, but it's a forced end to RVS whereas a more natural one is more likely to create a good case. The idea is that is shields other scum from making the RVS ending mistake at the expense of a wagon on yourself you expect to be able to beat off. As it stands, he seems to be succeeding. But why not, I'll do a reread.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #234 on: August 29, 2009, 12:15:54 AM »
KGH wins the joke count in the first two pages. Sorry Kilga

72 is the roleclaim in question. I also hate how offhanded it was, a very smug way to start shit. But that's just my personal opinion

86 admits that he's basically redirecting kills off himself, great explanation for why you aren't going to die, as has been stated before.

I was mostly ignoring it at this point though, cause it did seem like a newbie mistake as you said.

93 is the WIFOM post. Facepalm worthy...

112 is what pushed me from bad newbie town to somewhat experienced scum attempting to use bad newbie town. He even ADMITS it was anti town and scummy, and that it was to end RVS artificially.

118 digs the whole deeper with the experience WIFOM

Oh, and 119 OMGUS, yay!

Oh yeah, a lot of refocusing on the experience issue as opposed to his actual actions that garnered my vote on page 5. Random poke at you I see, but it doesn't feel like scumhunting, just random questioning.

136 is just...WHHHHHHY! I mean, I almost see your point about him being anti town not scummy here, but it hurts so badly to READ that.

140 at least acknowledges why we are voting him.

164 is a fair point...but I again see it more as information instead of actual scumhunting.

167 is actually rational...

185 clarifies...

##Unvote

I'm going to reread Zengar now and choose between him and Kilga at this point.

Thank you Umu for having me reanalyze KGH.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #235 on: August 29, 2009, 12:29:23 AM »
All jokes on page 2. I guess that's kinda expected at this point.

Remember 62 in the future, btw, depending on Zengar's flip. Y'all know what I'm implying.

98 feels like eggos. As has already been stated.

123 is not good either, but I more gave a pat the newbie response at the time.

128 waffles.

156 says less than that one Kilga post I was disinclined to appreciate. That would be less than a very tiny bit. As in nothing.

Kilga 157 is only being mentioned because I'm trying to figure out what it indicates. It could either be distancing strengthening Kilga/Zengar connections or trashing them. Sorry about the lack of conclusiveness yet here, I just want to point it out.

195 feels like taking a stance only because he has to. I also will say with more confidence that serpy is not likely scum if Zengar is.

210 is fair support on Serp. I don't really think one good post in a sea of fail means much.

Ok...honestly, I think both Kilga and Zengar are probable scum. But I wanna see Zengar's flip first atm.

##Vote Zengar

L-2.

« Reply #236 on: August 29, 2009, 12:39:47 AM »
The "Mod is getting lazy with votecount names" Votecount

EX Na2O2 (L-7): Pesco
Suwako J. Moriya (L-7): Kiro
Kiro (L-7): Suwako J. Moriya
u?(L-7):  Khorneish Game Hen
Khorneish Game Hen(L-3): u?, Serpentarius, Uncertain Kitten, Suwako J. Moriya, Kitten4u, Ex Na2O2
Hizengar Byakuren (L-2): Kilgamayan, U?, Kiro, Kilgamayan, Pesco, Uncertain Kitten
Pesco (L-7): EX Na2O2, Kilgamayan
Edible (L-7): Kitten4u
Kilgamayan (L-7):Hizengar Byakuren
UncertainKitten (L-6): UncertainKitten, Ex Na2O2, Khorneish Game Hen
Serpentarius (L-6): Suwako J. Moriya, U?, hizengar Byakuren

Khorneish Game Hen is at L-3
Hizengar Byakuren is at L-2

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #237 on: August 29, 2009, 12:46:06 AM »
Edible: It was an assumption based on how you had time to pop in to say something is a nulltell and such, but didn't have time to say who you thought was scum. I also assumed that you would say something about not being able to post much. Oh, and you said that you could post more on weekdays beforehand.

Seniwac: Who do you think is most likely to be scum and why? Your questioning of people hasn't led anywhere; you're just questioning whatever catches your eye. You haven't really stated what you think of other players. Oh, and to answer your question, analyzing posts and then asking questions is good, but you aren't saying anything much about the players themselves.

You know, using gimmicks that I've used as scum is really scraping the bottom for plays. And it makes you look even worse than you already do.
What? I actually misread what the mod wrote.
Quote from: Zakeri,159
Khorneish Game Hen is at L-2
Hizengar Byakuren is at L-3
I miixed them up by accident. Hell, I didn't even know you've done that before. Which game was it?

Zengar's vote on Serp is...meh. Sorta came from no where(went from waffling Seniwac to voting Serp). Don't really know how to explain it. It's decidedly better then the waffles he was making before, but a single average post isn't going to save him.

PS Seniwac. You haven't unvoted yet because you didn't bold your unvote.

Cabble

• Ask me about my Cat.
  • Not unwilling to shank you.
« Reply #238 on: August 29, 2009, 02:15:52 AM »
Sorry, I guess I'm a bit late to the show.

Had some issues come up, sorry for the delay.
I had a teacher who used to play radiohead during class once.

ONCE.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #239 on: August 29, 2009, 02:20:03 AM »
Sorry, I guess I'm a bit late to the show.

Had some issues come up, sorry for the delay.

Yay! The three kittens are here! (also, that would be an AWESOME name for a bar)