Author Topic: Communication Breakdance (Game Over! Town win)  (Read 80872 times)

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
Re: Communication Breakdance (Daybreak)
« Reply #150 on: August 28, 2009, 03:36:04 AM »
Oh damn, forgot about that. There hasn't been daytalk in a while(last 4/5 games didn't have it, I think). Well, if anyone feels especially uncomfortable with L-2, then I'll remove the vote(although some people might just remove their vote).

Umu: Edible, while being completely useless, hasn't done anything anti-town/scummy except not posting. Pesco isn't being outlandishly anti-town as I said(one could argue that he's going against his meta, but I'm glad he's not sabotaging town efforts), and Zengar...well, what I said was mainly a warning to him to TALK ABOUT SOMETHING ELSE. But yeah, he's probably second in terms of scumminess actually, but I am giving him a slight newbie leniency. If he keeps up his tunnel waffling, then yeah. Edible is my secondary (prod) vote because he's experienced player... not doing anything. And he's seemingly ignored by other people.

Meanwhile, KGH is aggravating me somewhat(just like other Day 1 idiots, except this time I'm actually here for Day 1 and not replacing on Day 2), and he's somewhat proven not to be a newbie. Oh, and he's as smug as Pesco right now, after doing something similar to what Pesco does.

Oh yeah, just because I want to check something...
@Mod: Is there any role in this game that has dying as a victory condition(ie Jester)

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #151 on: August 28, 2009, 03:41:09 AM »
@SP:  One could also argue that Pesco hasn't been awake for most of the festivities so far.  I think he wakes up... in about half an hour, at the least.

What is the difference IYO between Zengar and Edible in terms of what they talk about?

Is your vote on KGH mostly because you think he's annoying and an acceptable loss, or because he's more likely to be scum?

Also, my signature is terribly out of my character <.<

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #152 on: August 28, 2009, 03:51:18 AM »
@SP:  One could also argue that Pesco hasn't been awake for most of the festivities so far.  I think he wakes up... in about half an hour, at the least.

What is the difference IYO between Zengar and Edible in terms of what they talk about?

Is your vote on KGH mostly because you think he's annoying and an acceptable loss, or because he's more likely to be scum?

Also, my signature is terribly out of my character <.<
Okay, I gtg sleep soon now, but I'll make some quick answers:
1. I guess you could argue that, but I can't exactly see his future actions, can I? Uh, if he starts acting like Pesco, then I'll put him up there.
2. Edible is useless in that he isn't posting anything that resembles analysis when we know he can. Zengar is useless in that he's... tunneling and waffling on his tunnel target. It just doesn't work, and it's horrible.
3. Both. I do think he's scum, but I'll admit that part of my vote is also because he's annoying, acceptable loss, etc. Mostly the scum part though(65/35 perhaps(although the annoyance part is still a bit big...))
4. Haha...Oh wow@your signature. XD

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #153 on: August 28, 2009, 03:52:11 AM »
Oh right this game.

One moment!
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #154 on: August 28, 2009, 03:57:02 AM »
Sleep will now commence. I will hopefully return in the morning and do my famous catch up posts.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #155 on: August 28, 2009, 04:23:41 AM »
Seniwac makes a bunch of newbie mistakes and people train all over him. This sounds a lot like last game. (History lesson: Seniwac has never played a significant Mafia game here. He was Lynched for repeatedly trolling the night time minigames.)

Serpentarius places a lot of stock in the RVS transition and he catches flak for it. This also sounds a lot like last game.

Zengar suspicious for unvoting without revoting and trying to feel out the Seniwac situation rather than take a stance one way or the other.

Edible suspicious for saying little during actiony time.

Zengar suspicious again for useless waffling.

Edible suspicious more for saying nothing during more actiony time.

Zengar train has a chance to go somewhere and I like the people on it. Let's push it a little further.

##Unvote: pesco47
##Vote: Zengar

You're claim

Pointing this out because I love this mistake.

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #156 on: August 28, 2009, 04:47:34 AM »
OK, looks like it's time to analyze everything a little further.

Seniwac: After some more thinking, I do realize that it may be a newbish stance (I kno rite?)... however my paranoid mind tells me that this is just to lift up some dust. I'll keep this in mind, but you're now more clear.

UK: I'm... not getting anything, really. No scum vibes over here.

Sodium: Seniwac being the new Pesco? I'm not quite getting you there. But then, I'm not 100% sure of Pesco's usual scumself, so yeah.

Serp: I'm not liking how your opinion is just grounded on what happened before and after RVS (And how is this wall defined). Like everything else, this is just a thought.

Suwako, Edible and Pesco: Poast moar plz

umu: Nothing here as well. I'd like to see what your definition of newbscum is.

Kiro: As I mentioned on 128, I already put down the Quicklynch theory. In fact, I'm realizing I can only see everything on the worse way possible. Fixing myself~

Kitten (NotUK) : I don't have enough material to say much. About the non-commital part, that's because I'm trying to keep my paranoid side at bay. I'll try to be more concise.

Kilga: You're openly bandwagoning me mostly for the people that are also voting me? That sounds opportunistic. However, I want to see what are the reactions to this post.

Thus, my vote remains empty, but not for long. And now, time to pop a pill, or something.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #157 on: August 28, 2009, 05:03:08 AM »
Kilga: You're openly bandwagoning me mostly for the people that are also voting me? That sounds opportunistic.

Nope, but thanks for the misrep all the same!

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #158 on: August 28, 2009, 05:14:35 AM »
Oh noes! Pesco agrees with Kilga! The world ends with you!

##Unvote
##Vote Zengar

More post will come in the duration of my day.

@mod: Prod status on Orange?

Technically not yet, but I'm worried since I have yet to hear anything. Sending Prod.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 05:45:31 AM by Zakeri »

« Reply #159 on: August 28, 2009, 06:00:13 AM »
The "On second thought, maybe we do need more kittens" Votecount

EX Na2O2 (L-7): Pesco
Suwako J. Moriya (L-7): Kiro
Kiro (L-7): Suwako J. Moriya
u?(L-7):  Khorneish Game Hen
Khorneish Game Hen(L-2): u?, Serpentarius, Uncertain Kitten, Suwako J. Moriya, Kitten4u, Ex Na2O2
Hizengar Byakuren (L-3): Kilgamayan, U?, Kiro, Kilgamayan, Pesco
Pesco (L-7): EX Na2O2, Kilgamayan
Edible (L-7): Kitten4u
Kilgamayan (L-7):Hizengar Byakuren
UncertainKitten (L-6): UncertainKitten, Ex Na2O2, Khorneish Game Hen
Serpentarius (L-7): Suwako J. Moriya, U?

Khorneish Game Hen is at L-2
Hizengar Byakuren is at L-3
There are still 48.5 hours left in the day

@Mod: Is there any role in this game that has dying as a victory condition(ie Jester)
Quote from: Zakeri, Opening Sign ups
-There are only four possible win conditions in this game, only two or three of which will be active at any time.
--1. Town: You win once all Scum and the Serial Killer are out of the game
--2. Mafia: You win once you control a majority of the vote and the Serial Killer is out of the game
--3a. Serial Killer: You win once you reduce the town's numbers to yourself and one other person.
--3b. Survivor: You win if you remain alive at the end of the game.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #160 on: August 28, 2009, 06:59:43 AM »
I see your angle. But what is arguing with UK about her methods going to prove?

I don't see Sodium's answer to this.

http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php?topic=1128.0

I'm sorry, you must have missed the "Cliff's Notes version please" portion of my post. I have neither the time nor the inclination to read a game I had nothing to do with. Perhaps you can breifly explain the situation you alluded to?

Skip to the post-game talk. Stop being lazy.

Claim's dumb. Dude's probably town. Will be ignoring him for the rest of the day.

Why? To all three staements. Your jump on vote is a big turnaround in the space of 10 minutes and 3 posts.

Yeah, now that you point out that... Eh, I'm keeping my vote empty for now. It's still a possibility, so Seniwac's not fully clean yet.

Not voting Seniwac is fine, but not committing is scummy. You don't acually have a reason to keep your vote off.

Explain why you believe my roleclaim was not anti-town and RVS's non-existance.

Got to be honest, this does sound like crap I would say. Ultimately, null in worth and good enough for being hatelynched. And stop using double negatives. Linguistically bad senteces are now scummy in my book.

Breakfast

Um... Sodium, why is KGH more likely to be scum than any of the people you just mentioned?
@Sodium: Nice hardline investigation of me for early day 1.  Keep up the good work, soldier.  You're scum, right?

So yeah

Oh damn, forgot about that. There hasn't been daytalk in a while(last 4/5 games didn't have it, I think). Well, if anyone feels especially uncomfortable with L-2, then I'll remove the vote(although some people might just remove their vote).

What's the term for this here? Backtrack yes?

OK, looks like it's time to analyze everything a little further.

Seniwac: After some more thinking, I do realize that it may be a newbish stance (I kno rite?)... however my paranoid mind tells me that this is just to lift up some dust. I'll keep this in mind, but you're now more clear.

UK: I'm... not getting anything, really. No scum vibes over here.

Sodium: Seniwac being the new Pesco? I'm not quite getting you there. But then, I'm not 100% sure of Pesco's usual scumself, so yeah.

Serp: I'm not liking how your opinion is just grounded on what happened before and after RVS (And how is this wall defined). Like everything else, this is just a thought.

Suwako, Edible and Pesco: Poast moar plz

umu: Nothing here as well. I'd like to see what your definition of newbscum is.

Kiro: As I mentioned on 128, I already put down the Quicklynch theory. In fact, I'm realizing I can only see everything on the worse way possible. Fixing myself~

Kitten (NotUK) : I don't have enough material to say much. About the non-commital part, that's because I'm trying to keep my paranoid side at bay. I'll try to be more concise.

Kilga: You're openly bandwagoning me mostly for the people that are also voting me? That sounds opportunistic. However, I want to see what are the reactions to this post.

Thus, my vote remains empty, but not for long. And now, time to pop a pill, or something.

Words: Lots
Content: None
Sense: None
Vote: None

Why am I not on the list btw? I might not have been around when everyone was at peak, but I did say some stuff too. You can compile a list of waffling, but not point out who/where your strongest suspicions lie. Having a tough time finding scum when you're one isn't it?

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
« Reply #161 on: August 28, 2009, 07:31:48 AM »
4 hours later, I'm ready to look at this thread again.

Sodium: No major opinion on your #144. Since you got it out before my post could see the light, you addressed some of my concerns already. Then... you say if anyone feels uncomfortable about KGH at L-2, you could remove your vote for them. That's NOT how it works man. And while you say you think KGH is scum, you tacking on the idea that he's also annoying or an acceptable loss makes me frown. Scumminess only. If you have to convince yourself with these other points, you're not scumhunting hard enough.

Edible: Yea, other than your null feeling about KGH, you're not taking the time to forge new ground. Bleh.

Zengar: Seriously, your outline in #156 may be an ok start for a newbie, but without a vote in place, I can't tell which point or person is the one you consider most important. So it sucks. You're not committing to anything so you can duck responsibility from a comment if it suddenly doesn't work in your favor. Words don't have as much weight to them unless you back them up with a vote. This is how scumhunting starts. You do that and I may remove my vote on you.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #162 on: August 28, 2009, 07:34:55 AM »
Holy crap where the hell has that been the last 20 games.

Half-tempted to vote pesco because he's never done this as town.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #163 on: August 28, 2009, 10:42:22 AM »
Holy crap where the hell has that been the last 20 games.

Half-tempted to vote pesco because he's never done this as town.

Bamboo Forest. So

Nachtwanderlied

« Reply #164 on: August 28, 2009, 11:43:48 AM »
umu: If you believe the wagon on me will not lead to a scumlynch, then why don't you disagree with it?

You believe that lynching me would be good for town? If so, in what way.

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #165 on: August 28, 2009, 02:15:09 PM »
Well, aside from bandwagon analysis that is always gotten from a lynch(null point really), there's how all you've been doing is trying to cover your ass(which is all scum needs to do!), and I see little to no scum hunting(which means you're not helping town look for scum). I consider that question open for anyone voting you, btw. Basically, if you're not scummy(I think you are), then you're at least Anti-town.

Zengar, those words are meaningless, especially because YOU STILL HAVEN'T VOTED ANYONE YET(RVS not included). You compiled a suspicions lists, and yet, I see no actual suspicions; all I see is "MAYBE, MAYBE NOT" and "NOTHING". Then there's no vote, which just confirms that you have no suspicions. You're pretty much at L-1 now. (Role)Claim.

My bad. >_> I typed those posts relatively quickly, so I missed some stuff.
Edible: Missed his post. It's just him repeating his view, and then asking me if I am scum because I was telling him to actually do something. To answer the question: No.

Pesco: One of the reasons I unvoted UK was because during the re-read, I realized that it wouldn't prove anything.

Kiro: Noted.

Kilga pointing out typo: Nyoro~n

So I'm keeping my vote on Heniwac(Hen+Seniwac), but I'm fine with and willing to vote for Zengar. No more newbie sympathy for him.

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #166 on: August 28, 2009, 02:56:37 PM »
I'm legitimately surprised - in a good way - that I'm only catching up on less than a page every time I wake up.  Thank you~

---

Kilga's post looks like blah, blah, stuff happened, okay nothing that hasn't been covered already.  Which usually reads as totally disingenious but that's kind of what's happened up to this point.

Also, if the same thing is called out in multiple games, wouldn't that suggest that said thing should stop being done?

---

Quote from: Zengar
After some more thinking, I do realize that it may be a newbish stance (I kno rite?)... however my paranoid mind tells me that this is just to lift up some dust.
What does that last part mean, and does it have anything to do with being scum?

The bit about paranoia is not as endearing as you may think it is, and shying away won't get anything done for Town.
Quote from: Zengar
Fixing myself~
This is a bad, bad game for innuendo v.v

-----

The KGH wagon is bad and the people on it are worse off for it IMO.  *waves at Kitten4u and SP*

-----

Pesco is making some amount of sense, which is a highly disturbing scumtell bothering me somewhat.
How likely is Suwako to be scum, Pesco?

-----

Quote from: Heniwac (thanks SP, that sounds much better)
umu: If you believe the wagon on me will not lead to a scumlynch, then why don't you disagree with it?

You are validating the suspicion against you with deliberately anti-Town behavior and making yourself an ideal policy lynch.
However, policy lynches - which almost by definition will flip Town more often than not - are a last resort IMO.

I'm going to assume you're suspicious of me, since I appear to be the center of your attention?

-----

Quote from: SodiumPeroxide
I see little to no scum hunting [from Heniwac]
Oh?

Nachtwanderlied

« Reply #167 on: August 28, 2009, 03:07:55 PM »
How is Zengar "pretty much at L-1?" He's L-3 as of the moment and if anyone's "pretty much at L-1", it's me. Secondly, why did your vote remain on me when claiming the former?

I don't believe your accusation of "DEFENDING YOURSELF IS SCUMMY" is valid here because during the majority of the time I was on, the only topic was the bandwagon on me. Couldn't really scumhunt when I'm trying to prevent a mis-lynch.

So are there any other reasons why I seem scummy, Sodium?

Oh, and your point on Edible isn't valid because he was joking with you because you said he was suspicious from a few early-Day 1 posts. Can't take them all too seriously.

##UNVOTE

The gods demand a left bracket, a b, and a right bracket before your pounds!
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 10:15:19 PM by Zakeri »

Nachtwanderlied

« Reply #168 on: August 28, 2009, 03:09:40 PM »
umu: Okay then. I'm an ideal policy lynch, but you claim that policy lynching usually isn't beneficial towards town. Yet you still keep your vote on me.

Explain this reasoning.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #169 on: August 28, 2009, 03:11:30 PM »
Youmu's vote is on Zengar, not you.

Nachtwanderlied

« Reply #170 on: August 28, 2009, 03:11:38 PM »
EDIT: hurrrrrrrrrrrrr

disregard the last statement completely

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #171 on: August 28, 2009, 03:12:23 PM »
umu: Okay then. I'm an ideal policy lynch, but you claim that policy lynching usually isn't beneficial towards town. Yet you still keep your vote on me.

Explain this reasoning.
...my vote's not on you.  It's on Zengar.

The italicized votes on the vote counts are the ones that have been removed.  Mods on this site like to include those so as to make vote counts as unreadable as possible.

Hey, don't blame me. It was the players of the last game I modded who asked for me to go through and make a brand new votecount with every unvote and vote on it after day one ended. And this was back when day ones usually have 10-12 pages of WoTs
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 10:18:13 PM by Zakeri »

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #172 on: August 28, 2009, 03:12:48 PM »
Yes, I was cut, I just felt like making that political statement.

Does that resolve your suspicion of me?

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #173 on: August 28, 2009, 03:13:29 PM »
Also, if the same thing is called out in multiple games, wouldn't that suggest that said thing should stop being done?

Maybe in Serp's case, but Seniwac is not 天使, so the lack of pattern recognition has to be shoved onto the train a bit more for that one.

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #174 on: August 28, 2009, 03:16:50 PM »
I was referring to Serpentarius anyway.

Nachtwanderlied

« Reply #175 on: August 28, 2009, 03:23:03 PM »
Oh and Kilga, I wasn't banned for repetitive trolling of the game. It was only one instance and that was me trolling Ramus.

totally offtopic but WHATEVS

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #176 on: August 28, 2009, 03:25:08 PM »
I'd say null read on Suwako. This is pretty much the same as we've seen from the last game, nothing solid to pin on him. Of course, knowing who it is would make it a little easier to figure out how they think.

Cut: Okay, from the perspective of one that's been on the receiving end of similar, I'd like to say Seniwac is town. Mindhax, take it or leave it.

Nachtwanderlied

« Reply #177 on: August 28, 2009, 03:29:05 PM »
I'd say null read on Suwako. This is pretty much the same as we've seen from the last game, nothing solid to pin on him. Of course, knowing who it is would make it a little easier to figure out how they think.

Cut: Okay, from the perspective of one that's been on the receiving end of similar, I'd like to say Seniwac is town. Mindhax, take it or leave it.

And this is what you think about the sudden u-turn from a viewpoint?

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #178 on: August 28, 2009, 03:34:43 PM »
Which part of my post is your question directed at?

Nachtwanderlied

« Reply #179 on: August 28, 2009, 03:35:11 PM »
Anti-town, yes. Scummy, not really...

Although actually that makes me change my mind. ##Unvote, ##Vote: Khorneish Game Hen. That's a silly excuse, RVS ends on it's own, there's no need to rush it by giving up tactical ground to scum. Can't believe that was a conscious townie decision, ergo you're lying, ergo die.

I'm not quite understanding this squiggle of thought. Why does that move mean I am lying?