Author Topic: Puzzle and Dragons 18: Swing your orbs from side to side  (Read 139958 times)

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
Re: Puzzle and Dragons 18: Swing your orbs from side to side
« Reply #60 on: February 27, 2015, 04:07:04 AM »
Quote from: Offical notice re:juggler
リーダースキルの発動や、ステータス・その他要因をチーム編成やモンスター育成、パズル等でカバーする必要があるなど、安定的に使用していくための難度は高く、様々な工夫が必要となってまいります。

"Considering the effort it takes to activate the LS, status, other factors like team building/monster levelling, puzzling skills, etc, we think it is difficult to use it well and consistently."

(one of the images of ridiculous juggler clears floating around the webs)

Spoiler:
What team?
[/size]

when everything is unbalanced, nothing is.

Juggler only sped up the inflation process by like a year.
What this means for gungho though, is that it takes less effort for them to think of new uevos and new character skills! Because they are free to power them up to at least the level of Juggler!
They may suffer a bit of revenue loss for the next few godfeses, but their first step to fixing this is probably to make FF characters as OP.
Rebalance #6,7,8,9,10 when :V

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #61 on: February 27, 2015, 04:08:43 AM »
Spoiler:
What team?
[/size]

yeah so much about that guy saying you only need subs to make Juggler OP.

:getdown:

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #62 on: February 27, 2015, 04:13:14 AM »
ikr

that's why kirin/lkali kind of want to roll with light primary subs to maximize damage output with light matches

I mean, I do kind of. I run three Kalis. My blue and black subs don't work with a mono-white team yet, but my team skews white. The ultimate plans is Kali/Kali/ZeusHera/Fuma or Athena/Sun Quan/Kali, but that's not possible yet. But yeah, point taken.

http://mobile.gungho.jp/maintenance/pad/pua59k0000002ud5.html

Re: Juggler

tl:dr ver
Juggler's stronk but we can't nerf it.
We'll inflate other characters and dungeons to catch up later.

Safest way to go about it. Nothing changed much. It's just we direct all our hate from Ronia to Juggler now. Lawl.

Also did they say something which basically amounts to "We won't let that seasons guy do silly things like this again"?

Why is this more alarming to me than no announcement? I missed all of the nuance of the announcement because I can't read Japanese, but while I appreciate them addressing it in theory, this worries me. With potential accelerated creep from this and the new awakenings I fear for Gabriel's safety. He's already just a little shaky in the playability department due to his ridiculously strict sub requirements, and I don't think he can handle too much creep in dungeons. If Gabriel goes, I go. And I don't want to do that. :ohdear: #alarmism
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #63 on: February 27, 2015, 04:16:13 AM »
Why is this more alarming to me than no announcement? I missed all of the nuance of the announcement because I can't read Japanese, but while I appreciate them addressing it in theory, this worries me. With potential accelerated creep from this and the new awakenings I fear for Gabriel's safety. He's already just a little shaky in the playability department due to his ridiculously strict sub requirements, and I don't think he can handle too much creep in dungeons. If Gabriel goes, I go. And I don't want to do that. :ohdear: #alarmism

But Gabriel just got buffed!! Sort of!!!

:ohdear:

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #64 on: February 27, 2015, 04:18:22 AM »
But Gabriel just got buffed!! Sort of!!!

When was this? The one from a while ago with the skill lock? Or was there something else?

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #65 on: February 27, 2015, 04:20:43 AM »
When was this? The one from a while ago with the skill lock? Or was there something else?

Uh Miracle of Ice got buffed to enhance heart orbs in the latest update.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #66 on: February 27, 2015, 04:23:14 AM »
Oh wow, I missed that. I thought that meant angels 2.0 for some reason. That's actually kind of badass. I mean, it's no x7 attack for matching one orb or whatever, but it's useful for me. Neat.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #67 on: February 27, 2015, 04:29:58 AM »
Oh wow, I missed that. I thought that meant angels 2.0 for some reason. That's actually kind of badass. I mean, it's no x7 attack for matching one orb or whatever, but it's useful for me. Neat.

You can use Reine to break those enhanced hearts for enhanced blues too, it's subtle but nice

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #68 on: February 27, 2015, 04:32:47 AM »
Oh I know it. That's primarily what I'll be using this for, although the extra stalling boost is nice too. Does he enhance all hearts, or just the ones he makes? Because if it's all of them I can enhance half of the screen on average with a full burst, which is pretty good. I don't understand orb enhance well enough to know how much of a damage difference that actually makes, but it seems like a decent amount from playing with Athena.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #69 on: February 27, 2015, 04:33:23 AM »
Oh I know it. That's primarily what I'll be using this for, although the extra stalling boost is nice too. Does he enhance all hearts, or just the ones he makes? Because if it's all of them I can enhance half of the screen on average with a full burst, which is pretty good. I don't understand orb enhance well enough to know how much of a damage difference that actually makes, but it seems like a decent amount from playing with Athena.

He enhances all of them because the heart enhance occurs after the hearts are made.

« Reply #70 on: February 27, 2015, 04:37:24 AM »

I think they're seriously just going to keep going like Juggler never happened. They have three whole regions that can straight out act this way anyway. The only heavy blow that's been suffered here is the belief of some of the playerbase, but even then it's not all lost. They'll just have to be less stupid next time.

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
« Reply #71 on: February 27, 2015, 04:40:21 AM »
I mean, I do kind of. I run three Kalis. My blue and black subs don't work with a mono-white team yet, but my team skews white. The ultimate plans is Kali/Kali/ZeusHera/Fuma or Athena/Sun Quan/Kali, but that's not possible yet. But yeah, point taken.

Definitely Fuma over Athena, or better, both over a Z&H imo.
Then again I never testing Z&H so 45% grav might turn out to be really useful, but it looks more like a situational sub to me atm.

Especially since that's a buff in BOTH the stall direction and burst direction, and your gab team takes advantage of both!

My own thoughts on power creep and Juggler:
iuno what others think. But for me, I'll see people clearing things easily with Juggler while I do my thing with Bastet.
It's not like Bastet was easy to use/clear things to begin with (hahaha doing 6+ combos while fitting TPAs in it) :V compared to say, Awoken Minerva, which I heard can pretty safely clear Hera Rush for example?
It's kind of the mentality where Chirei worked hard to clear rare evo mat with leilan simply because no one did it before, except bastet is not as a hipster choice, but she's slowly fading out compared to new leaders anyways.
I think I'll avoid watching too many hyper juggler wrecking stuff vids for a while though, especially Devil and Dragon rush because I'm planning on working towards clearing them within this descend challenge or next week's devil challenge, and seeing juggler one-shotting everything with 1 row+2 hearts per active activation IS a bit discouraging. [/2cents]

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #72 on: February 27, 2015, 04:46:58 AM »
Definitely Fuma over Athena, or better, both over a Z&H imo.

No can do, I need a dark sub of some kind. And I don't own Fuma right now, that's just an ideal team. I've considered five light subs (Valkyrie until I pull Fuma) and Hera-Is to fill both blue and black, but the team cost is well outside of my league right now if I use Athena.

Then again I never testing Z&H so 45% grav might turn out to be really useful, but it looks more like a situational sub to me atm.

I like them more for their huge stats and three skillboosts than for anything else, honestly. I don't see the gravity coming up very often since it's pretty tricky to stall with Kali due to her weak HP and no heartmaker. But that team is extremely skillboost-hungry. I'm sick of insta-dying floor one to a bad opening roll.

Especially since that's a buff in BOTH the stall direction and burst direction, and your gab team takes advantage of both!

A well-rounded buff for a well-rounded guy. I like it. Enhanced hearts are cool, this is cool.

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
« Reply #73 on: February 27, 2015, 05:04:41 AM »
No can do, I need a dark sub of some kind. And I don't own Fuma right now, that's just an ideal team. I've considered five light subs (Valkyrie until I pull Fuma) and Hera-Is to fill both blue and black, but the team cost is well outside of my league right now if I use Athena.

I like them more for their huge stats and three skillboosts than for anything else, honestly. I don't see the gravity coming up very often since it's pretty tricky to stall with Kali due to her weak HP and no heartmaker. But that team is extremely skillboost-hungry. I'm sick of insta-dying floor one to a bad opening roll.

A well-rounded buff for a well-rounded guy. I like it. Enhanced hearts are cool, this is cool.

Whoops sorry I totally still rmb you need a dark in your team but that kinda went out of my head as I typed. What about Gran? Z&H descend is notably harder, and unusable cd without skill up.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #74 on: February 27, 2015, 05:18:25 AM »
yamap tweeted about awoken Egyptian and indian 1.0 awoken uvo

paging suecomma for isis buff incoming

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #75 on: February 27, 2015, 05:19:49 AM »

ULTRA SHIVA HYPE

AWAKENING EVO MATS UNHYPE

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #76 on: February 27, 2015, 05:21:58 AM »
ULTRA SHIVA HYPE

AWAKENING EVO MATS UNHYPE

tfw i just uvo parvati recently

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #77 on: February 27, 2015, 05:24:28 AM »
I think they're seriously just going to keep going like Juggler never happened. They have three whole regions that can straight out act this way anyway. The only heavy blow that's been suffered here is the belief of some of the playerbase, but even then it's not all lost. They'll just have to be less stupid next time.

Yeah, I think it'll be the same as before only inside Ronia side of the force will exist a deeper region known as the juggler side of the force.

What do you think they'll need? Thoth and Sopdet are good Canidates. Blue Dark Isis? There's also Medjed, so you could possibly have B/G Isis.

I can't think of too many Indian dungeons. I guess with Venus, there is precedent for needing guys outside your pantheon.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #78 on: February 27, 2015, 05:33:29 AM »
The real question is

Will Shiva and Kali finally be reunited? :ohdear:

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #79 on: February 27, 2015, 05:36:46 AM »
Whoops sorry I totally still rmb you need a dark in your team but that kinda went out of my head as I typed. What about Gran? Z&H descend is notably harder, and unusable cd without skill up.

I'll grab one and try it, but in that case it seems like I should just use Yomi (assuming I can get a Yomi, but I got twenty pulls plus waiting for her to come back around, so I have at least a decent chance). Compared to ZH, not sure if lack of a two-prong is made up for by all of the orb enhances. The finger and skill lock are pretty handy though. Definitely an option worth considering. As I've said before, that's what makes Kali fun. All the choices. Gabriel, for all of his upsides, offers basically no choices, so it's a good change of pace.

Kali/Kali/Gran/Fuma/Sun Quan/Kali seems like a pretty solid dream team. 80% lock resist, 2.5 seconds time extend, x100+ attack probably for two turns in a row, seven skillboosts (just enough to have Kali up on turn one), quite a few enhance orbs, and a Change-The-World-like effect. Lacks survivability of any kind, but hopefully by the time Gran rolls around I can just use that double-black Izanami team if I need to do anything other than punch dudes. Almost makes me want to hold off on rolling for Yomi in hopes of getting a decent shot at Fuma, but I'm not sure if my patience can hold out that long. I haven't pulled anything since December.

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
« Reply #80 on: February 27, 2015, 05:37:27 AM »
Yeah, I think it'll be the same as before only inside Ronia side of the force will exist a deeper region known as the juggler side of the force.
What do you think they'll need? Thoth and Sopdet are good Canidates. Blue Dark Isis? There's also Medjed, so you could possibly have B/G Isis.

I can't think of too many Indian dungeons. I guess with Venus, there is precedent for needing guys outside your pantheon.

I evolved Sopdet and left her at lv1 for this day. Surely for Bastet's uevo she must show who's the best egypt girl

These uevos are definitely planned, as Norns are strictly better than Indians, and Egypts 2.0 overcame Egypts' greatest weakness, bad survavibility when orbtrolled. (Well for combo leads it's more like stall until you get that good board for 8c or something I guess). Juggler probably pushed then forward.

Also, just a thought I had.
YamaP seems confident about rebalancing everything, why is that? Remember what game-breaking mechanic is going to be released? Special Awakenings!
Collab characters used to not get awakenings, so considering CD would have ended by then, Juggler getting special awakenings' chances are next to none.
There we go! Instant power up to every other existing character, while naturally excluding Juggler! [/speculation]

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #82 on: February 27, 2015, 07:05:46 AM »
when everything is unbalanced, nothing is.

For the first time in my life I actually agree with this sentence, so long as they actually creep everything and everyone and keep making dungeons that are also pretty hard to compensate, I don't mind powercreep in a purely PvE game.

...If we ever get an actual PvP element though, I'm gonna flip a table.

(Of course, that's assuming they creep everyone which with a game that's gotten as massive as PaD has, is going to be hard to do, to say the least.)

I know you probably forgot about me and my Horus for this one but even so...

* Toyosatomimi No Sacchi internally squeals like a fangirl
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 07:13:59 AM by Toyosatomimi No Sacchi »

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #83 on: February 27, 2015, 07:32:08 AM »
I know you probably forgot about me and my Horus for this one but even so...

* Toyosatomimi No Sacchi internally squeals like a fangirl

Read the post quoted below and you will know why I specifically mentioned Suecomma :v

so this mean isis buffs right

not like +100 attack but a legit buff

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #84 on: February 27, 2015, 07:38:19 AM »
Oh, :derp: I had already forgotten that Horus didn't even have subtypes before the rebalances.

My bad.

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #85 on: February 27, 2015, 07:49:08 AM »
https://twitter.com/pad_sexy/status/571197620774838272

awoken lakshmi art

She's adorable and I must have her.

(betting on the awoken egyptian being Bastet :V)

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #86 on: February 27, 2015, 07:50:53 AM »

there will be multiple. I guarantee you Horus will be one of them too cause he's really popular in Japan. JP players will riot if he's not one of them. Also Ra.

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
« Reply #87 on: February 27, 2015, 08:03:18 AM »
She's adorable and I must have her.

I'd rather Bastet take her time because the first ones to evolve are kinda testing the waters in this post-Juggler world [/selfish] , but I guess someone gotta be the test rat :V

Well for any egypts or indians, their main problem was severely outdated active (barring Isis and Anubis), awoken uevo = new actives.
Actives are very important because when you use dual leads of something you get two active slots spent.
Leader Skills are easily adjusted in future rebalance patches I guess :V

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #89 on: February 27, 2015, 10:27:21 AM »
The friends list needs to be pruned anyway, so let's do this.

I'll update the topic post if you quote this and respond with your top two leaders.

Anyone who doesn't will have their friend code removed by the time this topic is closed (or something).

Rodin, Ronia, Rares, Ridunn&Ridunna, Randora, Rathena, Ramaterasu :V