Author Topic: Puzzle & Dragons VIII - DO NOT PURSUE LU BU Edition  (Read 114441 times)

MatsuriSakuragi

Re: Puzzle & Dragons VIII - DO NOT PURSUE LU BU Edition
« Reply #600 on: April 09, 2014, 04:28:55 AM »
probably with the same frequency as twinlits and trifruits :v

aka pretty much never

« Reply #601 on: April 09, 2014, 04:42:04 AM »
The real question now is do I dump Gigas from my Suzaku team (once we get these ultis in foreeeeeeeever) and if so for what. Team probably sucks anywaaaaaaaaaaaaay though :V

(Also which Suzaku do I do if I so get an Angelit, idk those particular extra awakenings don't actually excite me that much. But either way I can get a sub-light and a sub-green since even with R/G Suzaku I can just reverse Ifrit into R/L)

EDIT: ... oh duh never mind probably Shiva for MOAR ROWS even if neither of his subelement options are on-color =P

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #602 on: April 09, 2014, 05:10:17 AM »
I'm actually leaning more toward balanced Suzaku because she's got ease of use going for her as well as a lot more survivability potential because attackers are fragile as hell. (Again, I'm gonna get both anyway, but I can see a lot of function in R/G Suzaku too now that I understand her more)

I really wanted one of her ultis to be Physical because she would mesh SO WELL with Takeminakata, Apollo, and Gigas, but that's just how it goes.

Basically, the benefit of Chinese gods is that their leader skill works with all types of characters, regardless of type or element. So you COULD pack your team with high HP physicals and high RCV healers or Balanced or high ATK attackers and it's all very versatile! You have the ability to make it very balanced.

What I am thinking is, for my own sake, using the easily obtainable version:
R/G Suzaku/Takeminakata (HP and enhancements)/Homura or Odin (probably Odin because higher RCV and HP)/Flame Archer or Non-Ulti Ame no Uzume (again, RCV) or even my other Suzaku, ulti'd to Balanced anyway)/King Woodsie/R/G Suzaku

At maximum potential, assuming using Odin and both Suzaku, including friend Suzaku and no +eggs:
HP: 19167 (!)
RCV: 2128

What you'll get is a high HP and RCV team that can pack a punch by carrying all of the necessary elements. Thus, being a lot more survivable (and easier to trigger!) than twinlit Suzaku, even if her damage potential is through the roof. And for a final blow I can trigger King Woodsie and everyone but Takeminakata will get x36.75 (I think?), while Take himself will get x12.25, which is fantastic.

For a more farmable and not REM-dependent version, fully balanced:

Add 200 to max HP, 200 to Fire ATK, and 100 to RCV to match up with R/G Suzaku. This also has the benefit of being able to produce emergency orbs with ease.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 05:42:38 AM by Mishou Maisuri »

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #603 on: April 09, 2014, 10:23:40 AM »
... Why fant i have this luck during egg pulls or something.

Did one run of red keeper cuz i need one... In one run i got the red keeper, 2 dark keepers, and... 2 effing red golems.

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #604 on: April 09, 2014, 12:27:13 PM »
How do I room of the mask.

I managed to get to the boss just fine, but even with 7 attacks per turn I wasn't able to take both helper masks down and they took me down first.

So how do I room of the mask ;_;
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 12:33:04 PM by Sacchi Hikaru »

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
« Reply #605 on: April 09, 2014, 12:34:39 PM »
Were you running a resolve team?  That's probably your best shot as long as you can stockpile orbs for the boss stage. 

Mr. Sacchi

« Reply #606 on: April 09, 2014, 12:38:21 PM »
Red ogre, 4 blue fodders and an ult siren as a helper, yep, it's a resolve team.

That's a maximum of 7 hits per turn, keeping myself at 100% HP ain't a problem, the problem is I can't deal with the boss room, like, at all, since the Mystic Mask attacks every turn and getting attacked twice in the same turn is the death of a Resolve Team.

The only idea I have right now is swapping one of the blue fodders for my echidna to buy me more time in the boss room, thoughts? :c

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #607 on: April 09, 2014, 12:45:08 PM »
Oh wow. B/W Isis is even easier to activate, and has a higher top multiplier. Like Ult Ra with a very forgiving safety net. I would put her at Archangel Lucifer level of good starting roll.

Remember what they used to say about Luci? "Can carry you to endgame, and is still relevant even then." Isis is there with this update.

Room of the Mask: use a Shiva. Doesn't even have to be a friend, you can use the 5-pt random guy Shiva. Use a full Red team, with some breath weapons. Match orbs without killing too many things for 21 turns, then unleash the killing blows. As long as you sweep each floor while the buff is active, it will carry over to the next floor. This also works for Shrine of Spirits.
[9:49:09] <Purvis> Generally not, but your mother may be an exception.

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #608 on: April 09, 2014, 12:50:42 PM »
Where can I get Keepers of light outside of Tuesday dungeon I am gonna need one for ulti Apollo

Mr. Sacchi

« Reply #609 on: April 09, 2014, 12:52:37 PM »
Where can I get Keepers of light outside of Tuesday dungeon I am gonna need one for ulti Apollo
Rainbow Stone Magic Dragon seems like your only option.

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #610 on: April 09, 2014, 12:53:13 PM »
Oh wow. B/W Isis is even easier to activate, and has a higher top multiplier. Like Ult Ra with a very forgiving safety net. I would put her at Archangel Lucifer level of good starting roll.

Remember what they used to say about Luci? "Can carry you to endgame, and is still relevant even then." Isis is there with this update.

That's a terrible comparison.

Isis isn't about to be nerfed into the ground. :v

Bio

• resident walker
« Reply #611 on: April 09, 2014, 12:55:24 PM »
Nowhere. If I could I would let you have some of mine. I haven't had a Dark Keeper in over 10 runs of RK.

Red ogre, 4 blue fodders and an ult siren as a helper, yep, it's a resolve team.
Get a blue ogre and set up 10 orbs before you enter the boss room. 2 mass attacks and a blue match on the third turn leaves one mask.

Mr. Sacchi

« Reply #612 on: April 09, 2014, 01:00:45 PM »
Get a blue ogre and set up 10 orbs before you enter the boss room. 2 mass attacks and a blue match on the third turn leaves one mask.

That is a lot easier said than done :(

Skyfalls are the worst thing in the world for this dungeon and through all of my 62 ranks I've literally dropped one Ogre, and it's the Red Ogre I'm using right now.

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
« Reply #613 on: April 09, 2014, 01:49:04 PM »
If you have enough HP to take an Odin-shielded hit and still be at 70% HP, that might be a thought as well.
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

Chaore

« Reply #614 on: April 09, 2014, 02:03:35 PM »
Gimme a bit to finish these CoC runs and I'll just put up shiva.

Masks are very easy to stall on and you run mono-red anyway. Shivas really the way to go for wednesday.

« Reply #615 on: April 09, 2014, 02:20:07 PM »
How do I room of the mask.

I managed to get to the boss just fine, but even with 7 attacks per turn I wasn't able to take both helper masks down and they took me down first.

So how do I room of the mask ;_;
if your only problem is the boss floor then just bring a poison

Mr. Sacchi

« Reply #616 on: April 09, 2014, 02:55:34 PM »
Gimme a bit to finish these CoC runs and I'll just put up shiva.

Masks are very easy to stall on and you run mono-red anyway. Shivas really the way to go for wednesday.

SO I TRY IT AND STALL ON THE FIRST STAGE

AND SKYFALLS BRING ME IMMEDIATELY TO THE SECOND STAGE

AND I GET DEADED ON STAGE 2

I LOVE SKYFALLS SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU HAVE NO CLUE :colonveeplusalpha:
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 02:57:20 PM by Sacchi Hikaru »

Chaore

« Reply #617 on: April 09, 2014, 03:39:32 PM »
SO I TRY IT AND STALL ON THE FIRST STAGE

AND SKYFALLS BRING ME IMMEDIATELY TO THE SECOND STAGE

AND I GET DEADED ON STAGE 2

I LOVE SKYFALLS SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU HAVE NO CLUE :colonveeplusalpha:

./pat pat

I'll probably have shiva up for a while, atleast.

Off-topic note: If hearts count as a color for isis, she just got an extra .5x in tricolors now! (She still doesn't rival combo gods still but it's something)

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #618 on: April 09, 2014, 03:52:21 PM »
It might be duh but you aware that the boss actually has significantly less health than its helpers? Unless both helpers attack on the same turn, having a combination of boss+helper attack should actually be easier to avoid than the trash leading up to the boss for a resolve team.

Oh yeah, and ogres are actually just about the worst possible sub to use for resolve teams. It makes little difference if you have a siren friend to heal you but if you can fill up all your subs with rubylits, amalits, topalits, etc (any combination of any colours), then you can easily self-heal to full without a siren friend. Then you can still resolve team strategy while opening up friend possibilities (i liked using liliths). Just make sure the friend doesnt have sky high hp without comparably good rcv.

Shiva bashing is great but finding one can be hard sometimes, and lilith charges faster too so if you only get stumped by one wave she works just as well.

« Reply #619 on: April 09, 2014, 04:03:32 PM »
oh boy time to throw all of my remaining stones at Zeus Dios lets do this

Nope nevermind can't beat floor 1 lol

This dungeon is pretty much impossible for Isis because too much green

And it also happens to be one of the hardest dungeons thanks obama
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 04:09:29 PM by Suikama »

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #620 on: April 09, 2014, 05:04:04 PM »
It might be duh but you aware that the boss actually has significantly less health than its helpers? Unless both helpers attack on the same turn, having a combination of boss+helper attack should actually be easier to avoid than the trash leading up to the boss for a resolve team.

Oh yeah, and ogres are actually just about the worst possible sub to use for resolve teams. It makes little difference if you have a siren friend to heal you but if you can fill up all your subs with rubylits, amalits, topalits, etc (any combination of any colours), then you can easily self-heal to full without a siren friend. Then you can still resolve team strategy while opening up friend possibilities (i liked using liliths). Just make sure the friend doesnt have sky high hp without comparably good rcv.

Shiva bashing is great but finding one can be hard sometimes, and lilith charges faster too so if you only get stumped by one wave she works just as well.

If you're bashing stuff in with Shiva, the skill boosts aren't too bad.  If you need a generous auto healer, My Siren does 2k a turn, and Arashi has her Shiva.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #621 on: April 09, 2014, 05:20:55 PM »
oh boy time to throw all of my remaining stones at Zeus Dios lets do this

Nope nope nope.

Zeus Dios is cool but god damn his dungeon is basically impossible unless you hurl stones at it willy-nilly.  I'm still not even going to try it.

If you're bashing stuff in with Shiva, the skill boosts aren't too bad.  If you need a generous auto healer, My Siren does 2k a turn, and Arashi has her Shiva.

I have my Shiva ult-evoed as well at this point, for what it's worth.

« Reply #622 on: April 09, 2014, 05:34:01 PM »

Should that last one be Amaterasu? :V

Though I do also have a Shiva. And a Top Droidragon. And Neptune, AB Bluebird Blues, and Lilith (not ulti though). I am lousy with ways to get around defense. :V

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #623 on: April 09, 2014, 06:02:06 PM »
I only have a Lilith, Top Droidragon, and a max skilled Tenth Angel.  :(
gdi I need a purple mask to evolve Lilith and then I can ult her.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #624 on: April 09, 2014, 06:19:36 PM »
Should that last one be Amaterasu? :V

Though I do also have a Shiva. And a Top Droidragon. And Neptune, AB Bluebird Blues, and Lilith (not ulti though). I am lousy with ways to get around defense. :V

Not paying a attention ooops.

I only have a Lilith, Top Droidragon, and a max skilled Tenth Angel.  :(
gdi I need a purple mask to evolve Lilith and then I can ult her.

There's always Clayus Prison.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

« Reply #625 on: April 09, 2014, 06:24:13 PM »
Totally random thought, but the SDM would actually make a pretty good descend :V

A lot of descends now seem to have a Dragon boss, a Healer boss, a sub boss, then the actual Boss.

Dragon boss: Meiling
Healer boss: Patchy
Sub boss: Sakuya
Boss: Remilia

:V :V

Also the green ripper dragon boss starts out asleep IT'S SO PERFECT :getdown:

Also also
Meiling: Physical/Dragon
Patchy: Healer
Sakuya: Attacker
Remilia: Devil/Balanced?
Flan: Devil/Attacker
Cirno: Enhance material
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 06:28:01 PM by Suikama »

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #626 on: April 09, 2014, 07:20:24 PM »
how the heck is Patchy a healer
[9:49:09] <Purvis> Generally not, but your mother may be an exception.

« Reply #627 on: April 09, 2014, 07:29:23 PM »
Because low HP

Balanced/Attacker works too I guess

All the magicy types seem to be Healer though

Mr. Sacchi

« Reply #628 on: April 09, 2014, 08:33:39 PM »
Dragon boss: Meiling
Healer boss: Patchy
Sub boss: Sakuya
Boss: Remilia

Add Flandre as an Invade and we're golden.

« Reply #629 on: April 09, 2014, 08:35:01 PM »
Flandre invade with preemptive skill bind followed by a 1 million damage hit.

"Whoops you ran into Flandre. You're fucked." :V