Author Topic: You Know You're Addicted To Touhou When ... Vol. 8 Imperishable Night Edition  (Read 222524 times)

Colticide

• Awoo!~
Re: You Know You're Addicted To Touhou When ... Vol. 8 Imperishable Night Edition
« Reply #600 on: September 20, 2014, 01:12:06 AM »
I even went to my book store to see if they even had anything related to youkai or mithology, no luck lol. I did find one on amazon but it was in Japanese...
Touhou Fugyouseki ~ Nightmare of Sleeping Girl English Patch
I run a crappy YouTube channel, check it out if you wish~

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
Re: You Know You're Addicted To Touhou When ... Vol. 8 Imperishable Night Edition
« Reply #601 on: September 20, 2014, 10:25:19 PM »
This is why I want a field guide on yokai.

Well, you're in luck.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Y%C5%8Dkai

Just so happens there's a ton of info on Wikipedia.
My fanfics: Touhou Wrecks X!
What happens when Nue's in a pranky mood and at the same time, Yukari's bored? Pokemon XD: Impostor of Darkness
I made this cool matrixy eye:

LadyScarlet

• Too lazy to make this a gif right now
  • Still scumming for a good pull
« Reply #602 on: September 21, 2014, 10:10:11 PM »
Welp, I've finally gotten to the point where there's so much Touhou music in my iTunes that I can't even sync up my iPod anymore.
 :getdown:
My Youtube Channel. I mostly upload Hisoutensoku videos.

Colticide

• Awoo!~
« Reply #603 on: September 21, 2014, 10:25:48 PM »
Welp, I've finally gotten to the point where there's so much Touhou music in my iTunes that I can't even sync up my iPod anymore.
 :getdown:

Touhou music is the most music I've ever had on my computer, if I look at my folder it says I have about 52 hours worth. I set my music to random everyday and I sometimes have yet to hear some of zuns works for days.

H4xolotl

• Myon
« Reply #604 on: September 22, 2014, 04:00:41 AM »
You have 10+ gigabytes of Doujin on your hard drive? :D
It's fun to imagine what that large marshmallow-looking thing tastes like

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #605 on: September 23, 2014, 12:25:22 AM »
"Blinded by the Light" has been permanently corrupted in your brain into "Blinded by the NIGHT."
What happens when Nue's in a pranky mood and at the same time, Yukari's bored? Pokemon XD: Impostor of Darkness

iPetalchaser

« Reply #606 on: September 23, 2014, 12:48:09 AM »
This is why I want a field guide on yokai.

If you like reading and care for actual Japanese Folklore aside from moe-fied and westernized version that Touhou presents, i suggest that you check out the works of Patrick Lafcadio Hearn, alias Koizumi Yakumo, in particular Kwaidan/Kaidan, a collection of Japanese Horror stories. They are a good gateway for those not overly familiar with far-eastern folklore, and even for the Japanese they are a good compilation of legends from all over the archipelago.

The man, ofcourse, is himself an inspiration for Touhou, with many characters' archetypes arising from within Kwaidan itself. From his Christian and Japanese names, we get the names of two, allegedly interwined Touhou characters.

Colticide

• Awoo!~
« Reply #607 on: September 23, 2014, 02:20:34 AM »
If you like reading and care for actual Japanese Folklore aside from moe-fied and westernized version that Touhou presents, i suggest that you check out the works of Patrick Lafcadio Hearn, alias Koizumi Yakumo, in particular Kwaidan/Kaidan, a collection of Japanese Horror stories. They are a good gateway for those not overly familiar with far-eastern folklore, and even for the Japanese they are a good compilation of legends from all over the archipelago.

The man, ofcourse, is himself an inspiration for Touhou, with many characters' archetypes arising from within Kwaidan itself. From his Christian and Japanese names, we get the names of two, allegedly interwined Touhou characters.

I am very interested where can I find these?

Abraham Lincoln

• Mendelssohn for President 2016
  • Make Bach Great Again!
« Reply #608 on: September 23, 2014, 02:03:56 PM »
...When Merasmus is your favourite TF2 character.  :V

LunaWillow

• >Everyone: Pose as a team
  • The world is real.
« Reply #609 on: September 27, 2014, 10:39:08 PM »
When my friends ask me to draw something for them, I always draw Touhou charachters.
I also filled y phone with Touhou music and when I tried to add more I realized that my memory card is full...
Normal 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, HSiFS
Hard 1cc: PoFV
Extra Clear: PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF
Other Stuff: ISC all clear

« Reply #610 on: September 27, 2014, 11:38:28 PM »
When you start collecting Touhou hats.

Only got a few atm, but still.

Colticide

• Awoo!~
« Reply #611 on: September 29, 2014, 02:18:30 AM »
When my friends ask me to draw something for them, I always draw Touhou charachters.
I also filled y phone with Touhou music and when I tried to add more I realized that my memory card is full...
I do this all the time, the odd part was I ran out of memory because for some reason it made Yuuka's theme twice the size... like 2 gb size...

When you start collecting Touhou hats.

Only got a few atm, but still.

Which ones do you have? I've been dying for a Suwako hat!

« Reply #612 on: September 29, 2014, 03:04:50 AM »
Which ones do you have? I've been dying for a Suwako hat!

Yuyuko's, Koishi's, Ran's, and Eiki's at the moment. Still trying to find a good Tenshi hat for now.

Also, when you always plan your yearly schedules for Comikets and Reitasai, even though you only have little chance to be able to go there.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 10:51:31 AM by Risanai »

Abraham Lincoln

• Make Bach Great Again!
« Reply #613 on: September 29, 2014, 10:25:57 AM »
On the topic of hats, I want a Shinmyoumaru bowl.

Colticide

• Awoo!~
« Reply #614 on: September 29, 2014, 11:27:10 AM »
Yuyuko's, Koishi's, Ran's, and Eiki's at the moment. Still trying to find a good Tenshi hat for now.

I saw a yuyuko hat before but a Eiki hat! Was that part of a cosplay thing?

When your phona is 90% full of touhou songs.

Kappa

• LV. 4 Guze Cannon
...when you start looking into how you could hook up a drawing tablet to your PC and use THAT to play Touhou.  Seriously.
...when rainclouds forming overhead = "STAGE 1".
...when you walk down a long hallway with a lot of doors at your campus and start imagining it's stage 5 of IN.
Modern Touhou Accomplishments || TD Normal 1CC | DDC Normal 1CC (poorly) | DDC Extra Clear

I literally muttered "picchun" when I brushed against a student in the halls at the school I work at.  And mentally slapped myself when I realized it!

...when you think of learning to weave wool amigurumis, make Touhou characters this way, and join a normal fair just to be able to sell them (no anime or related stuff store even near my home), meanwhile thinking that it'd be a total succees because all girls are cute and the kids would love them...

...when you have rain without clouds in your place and you think of Ran...

...when the curtain of your bedroom has the Dream kanji on it and you get reminded of Reimu or Youmu...

...when you ask your chemistry or whatever teacher about the cold fusion...

...when you relate any miko character with Reimu...

...and many many more :getdown: :getdown: :getdown: :getdown: :getdown: :getdown: :getdown: :getdown: :getdown: :getdown: :getdown:

although i'm not addicted :V

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
When you have officially made the 8 bit Rumia gif a running gag on your Youtube channel (from here on out, she will appear once a video)

When your Touhou RPs and OCs have started infecting your Let's Play channel.

When you're up until 4 AM or later RP'ing.

When you read all 8 threads, then register and read them all again just to see the images/attachments you couldn't view as a guest

When "9", "fairy" and "witch" always remind you of touhou

Goomba98

• Touhou ga daisuki!
Sometimes I say "Ayayayaya."
An event at my school made me think of making a boss duo of a cheerleading youkai and a baton-twirling youkai in a Danmakufu game.
There were more but I forgot.

When you try to dodge falling leaves while walking with your sister (luckily, she didn't notice.)

Abraham Lincoln

• Make Bach Great Again!
When you're reminded of the Aya-Hatate rivalry whenever people ask "Phone or camera?"

Goomba98

• Touhou ga daisuki!
« Reply #623 on: November 02, 2014, 10:22:25 PM »
I watched Frozen yesterday, and yes, I did think of Cirno, but not until after Olaf losing his head made me think of Sekibanki. Also, the fact that the trolls' musical number suddenly breaks into a wedding made me think of IOSYS' Make Us Your Brides.

I read this BitF comic, but only recently did I imagine Pac-Man eating danmaku.

This and this are also relevant.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 02:10:19 AM by Goomba98 »

« Reply #624 on: November 05, 2014, 05:43:33 PM »
You know you're addicted to Touhou when you have pets named after touhou characters. I have a cat named Socrates  :3. Also, i named my v-pets Nitori and Aya ,and nearly every pokemon I captured since i discovered touhou are named after one of the girls.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 05:32:21 PM by CaptainAbsurder »

Abraham Lincoln

• Make Bach Great Again!
« Reply #625 on: November 06, 2014, 02:56:29 PM »
You know you're addicted to Touhou when you have pets named after touhou characters. I have a cat named Socrates  :3
Not Touhou-related, but in my opinion, a dove named Archimedes would go very well with that! :V

« Reply #626 on: November 08, 2014, 04:45:01 AM »
one Touhou PC-98 character has a pet called Socrates...

« Reply #627 on: November 08, 2014, 08:42:04 PM »
When you try making an organization XIII with touhou counterparts

Xion-Nue
Roxas-Youmu
Larxene-Sakuya/Iku
Marluxia-Yuuka/Komachi
Luxord-Remilia/Alice
Demyx-Raiko
Axel-Orin/Mokou
Saix-Yuugi
Zexion-Patchouli
Lexaeus-Tenshi
Vexen-Cirno
Xaldin-Aya/Shou/Kanako/Sanae?
Xigbar-Reisen
Xemnas-No idea to be honest, Youki/Rinnosuke?

« Reply #628 on: November 09, 2014, 02:38:38 AM »
one Touhou PC-98 character has a pet called Socrates...
I think he meant his own comment about the dove named Archimedes wasn't Touhou-related, not that the cat named Socrates wasn't.

Goomba98

• Touhou ga daisuki!
« Reply #629 on: November 21, 2014, 07:54:35 PM »
In science class today, I was singing random Touhou songs. When I sang Utsuho's theme, a guy that was in my group seemed to finish it off. The succeeding conversation went something like this:

Me: You do know what that song is, right?
Him: Yes.
Me: Solar Sect of Mystic Wisdom ~ Nuclear Fusion, right?
Me: :o Holy crap, you know about Touhou?
Me: HOLY CRAP!

So after that, I asked his name. I hope to get to know more about him next time.

Edit: Listen to this song from the new Smash Bros. game. Don't tell me it doesn't sound like a certain extra stage boss's theme.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 09:03:24 AM by Goomba98 »