Author Topic: League of Legends Thread 9 - RIP League of Cleavers  (Read 171455 times)

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
Re: League of Legends Thread 9 - RIP League of Cleavers
« Reply #120 on: December 23, 2012, 03:49:23 PM »
Boots + Muramana + RoA + Seraph + Frozen Fist + BV

New pro Nidalee build.

Doesn't help with Olaf that I'm unsure on where to go after Boots/Phage.  I'm guessing Giant's Belt->straight to Warmogs but that takes a long time to grab especially considering that most sub-20 normal blind games tend to have 2v2 or 2v1 toplanes to cut into income.
Not sure if that still applies after the nerf, but grabbing a philo stone and turning it into a shurelya's later might be a good idea. It gives you some durability, CDR for more true damage, and the speed boost combined with your ult is quite strong. Not to mention if you are gold starved in a 2 man lane, the GP/10 from the philo would help with that.
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

Taboo

• FLY AWAY NOW FLY AWAY NOW
  • FLY AWAAAAAAAY
« Reply #121 on: December 23, 2012, 06:06:57 PM »
Not sure if that still applies after the nerf, but grabbing a philo stone and turning it into a shurelya's later might be a good idea. It gives you some durability, CDR for more true damage, and the speed boost combined with your ult is quite strong. Not to mention if you are gold starved in a 2 man lane, the GP/10 from the philo would help with that.

kindlegem > philo

Jam-Kiske

• i am not witty
« Reply #122 on: December 24, 2012, 02:30:17 AM »
I also hope to maybe throw something together for Kiro's contest in the bit of the night that's left. I still have to finish something else that I see as a higher priority for today though... and I haven't touched it due to running errands all day.

WE'LL SEE.

Ryuu

• time for kittyrina lessons
  • time to press r again
« Reply #123 on: December 24, 2012, 03:49:34 AM »
so i was gonna write something about katarina buying striped socks to wear for garen and annie not getting what was really going on

but then a bunch of shit happened today and i didn't get the chance. oops!

http://ryuukyunplaysstuff.tumblr.com/ read about me playing league i guess

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
« Reply #124 on: December 24, 2012, 04:06:39 AM »
Well, the deadline is 12:00 AM PST. So there's still 4 hours. Don't give up quite yet people!

« Reply #125 on: December 24, 2012, 05:21:00 AM »
Surely elo hell remains in 2359.

« Reply #126 on: December 24, 2012, 05:29:03 AM »
Chaox will keep you down.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #127 on: December 24, 2012, 05:40:33 AM »
Just played a draft game against a full ADC comp.  Four of them had revive/tp.

Yyyyyyyyyyyyyyep.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

« Reply #128 on: December 24, 2012, 05:44:22 AM »

how do you do it

Jam-Kiske

• i am not witty
« Reply #130 on: December 24, 2012, 09:50:23 AM »
I missed the deadline by like an hour??????? I wonder if I can throw together something dumb to edit into this post for the hell of it anyway.

OKAY I SPENT 40 MINUTES TRYING TO READ LORE and like 30 throwing this together, yeah it's like 300 words:

It was the Time of Snowdown, and the Institute of War was flooded with distinguished citizens of Valoran, all enjoying the revelry following a viewing of the latest match in the Snowdown Showdown. A feast was laid out, and all attendees remained civil, simply enjoying themselves peacefully as was the custom during this time of year.

There were some people on the dance floor and some eating food from a large banquet table, its centerpiece a large cake decorated with a snowy scene that bore detailed figures of the four champions currently being honored with unique looks for the Snowdown. The cake attracted a lot of attentions, with passerby stopping to admire the figures and general artistry.

Yet in all this peaceful revelry, someone had a different idea. Or at least someone wanted to make quite an entrance. What were the higher ups thinking, letting someone so hot headed into the League at such a time anyway? Of course she had to make her entrance grand. With that thought, Vi flexed her hands, the gauntlets on top of them moving smoothly.

She then rushed in, easily making her way to the table as the crowd began to part, sometimes due to people moving and sometimes due a slight shove from Vi. She reached the table pretty easily, jumping over it before turning to face the room, now composed of people staring at her. She grinned,  easily  balancing the huge cake in one hand and pushing upwards, launching it into the air as she flipped the whole banquet table with her other hand, the cake landing back on her other hand promptly.

Her grin widened at the reactions, a mixture of shock from those unfamiliar with her, admiration from other gutsy champions, and frustration (Caitlyn of course being the best example of the latter). She waved casually with her empty hand, ?Hi there I?m Vi! I?m really excited to get to smash your faces in so enjoy the cake while you still can!? And with that, she launched the cake at the crowd.

That seemed like a sufficient entrance.

Wowzers. Alternate Version with Header
« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 11:09:29 AM by Jam-Kiske »

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #131 on: December 24, 2012, 09:32:50 PM »
Today's winners!

Ryuu has won Wicked LuluOr would have, but I've gotten a "Skin already owned" error!  Ryuu, lemme know what you want instead! (You'll have to wait 'till tomorrow to recieve it either way because gifting limits)
Esifex has won Battleborn Kayle!
Triangles has won Bittersweet Lulu!

Don't see your name up there?  Well, there's still nine of you - and one of you is going to win big tomorrow, so keep your spirits up!

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #132 on: December 24, 2012, 10:13:43 PM »
i was thinking about pming you because my carry just bought me that skin yesterday

but then i was like pshhhh i won't win

OOPS

how about slay belle katarina? i was gonna do that for the fic contest but distractions and junk orz

ps you are wonderful <3

« Reply #133 on: December 24, 2012, 10:32:18 PM »
ps you are wonderful <3

Yes I am seconding this, whether I win tomorrow or not. :V

Kiro is also wonderful I am just a lazy fuck.

EDIT: Oh and I almost forgot Jam is also awesome. I just forgot because her giveaway is elsewhere, heh. =P
« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 10:45:21 PM by Arashuu Iwabara »

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #134 on: December 24, 2012, 10:42:56 PM »
Esifex has won Battleborn Kayle!

omg omg omg omg I should totally pick up Helmless Kayle while its available and then I'll only need Viridian Kayle and I will have 100% completion on Kayle

that sounds dirty

OMG THANKS 8D

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
« Reply #135 on: December 24, 2012, 10:57:21 PM »
as she flipped the whole banquet table

Dat song... Also, Vi's ult is giving me nightmares.

I'm not going to nitpick on the time of your entry. I'll gift you when I get the chance later.

Thanks everyone for the interest and happy holidays.

Jam-Kiske

• i am not witty
« Reply #136 on: December 24, 2012, 11:42:35 PM »
EDIT: Oh and I almost forgot Jam is also awesome. I just forgot because her giveaway is elsewhere, heh. =P
Aw thankies~ I'm just glad to be able to do something like this though mine might be late due to still being level 19 and not having free time just yet cuz OH YEAH CHRISTMAS. But I'm really looking forward to drawing names and giving thingsss~~

Also thanks and bless you Kiro. Cuz gosh was that a silly thing I ended up writing. I HAD TO THE TABLEFLIP CUZ OF THE SONG THOUGH.

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
« Reply #137 on: December 25, 2012, 03:23:32 AM »
[attach=1]
 :* :* :* :*

Ahh you're the bestest ALL SHALL BECOME CUPCAKES
Merry Christmas and next year I'll be growned-up and can give out the cheer too :V

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #138 on: December 25, 2012, 06:05:42 AM »
merry christmas everyone ilu guys

when i have a job (preferably at riot) i will shit gifts in this thread forever to make up for lost cheer

« Reply #139 on: December 25, 2012, 06:10:57 AM »
"Summoned you a gift."

oh man

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #140 on: December 25, 2012, 09:02:22 AM »
merry christmas everyone ilu guys

when i have a job (preferably at riot) i will shit gifts in this thread forever to make up for lost cheer
would you be allowed to shit gifts in the general direction of the philippines?

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #141 on: December 25, 2012, 09:32:25 AM »
would you be allowed to shit gifts in the general direction of the philippines?

idk but i'll try!

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #142 on: December 25, 2012, 09:45:43 AM »
speaking of shitting gifts, I've sent you slay belle now ryuu

really excited to pick a grand prize this afternoon ahhh

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #143 on: December 25, 2012, 10:25:16 AM »
yay striped socks

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #144 on: December 25, 2012, 04:18:04 PM »
So I'm guessing 'congartulations' is a deliberate play on your name, Garlyle? Because I saw it and the Librarian in me was like WAIT WHAT but then I was like Ooooh, that's clever!

Thanks thanks again!
(PS remove me from the grand prize drawing pretty please I don't want to deprive someone else who hasn't won yet the opportunity - improve their odds, if you will - and I can live without Lion Dance Kog for a while)

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #145 on: December 25, 2012, 04:20:51 PM »
Actually I was referencing this but yes, that pun is also there!

And those who won the draws last night aren't eligible for the grand prize anyway - yes, that's right, despite how few people it seems post in this thread, there was actually a total of 12 entrants!

« Reply #146 on: December 25, 2012, 04:24:23 PM »
And those who won the draws last night aren't eligible for the grand prize anyway - yes, that's right, despite how few people it seems post in this thread, there was actually a total of 12 entrants!

I AM SUPER LURKER :V

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #147 on: December 25, 2012, 05:30:09 PM »
I AM SUPER LURKER :V

AN ARASHI

* Esifex uses Master Ball!

Anyways, by using the powers of Battleborn Kayle, I was filled with a surge of battle lust, and proceeded to do work. 15/1/14 with Zephyr, BT, Hydra, Serker's Greaves with Furor on them.
Granted it was a botfight, and I've had perfect botfights as Kayle (0 deaths, buckets of assists), but I've never really gotten over 10 actual killing blows with her.

Can't wait till I get a computer that can handle LoL at a steady 30 FPS during massive teamfights. It kinda sucks trying to farm at 14 FPS or so, and worse if someone is playing, like, Swain.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 05:32:41 PM by Esifex »

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #148 on: December 25, 2012, 05:57:06 PM »
Hydra is not a very good buy on Kayle as it doesn't apply when you use your E (similarly Hurricane will only work when E is active but it also doesn't apply the magic splash so it's a terrible buy again).

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #149 on: December 25, 2012, 06:30:20 PM »
The winner of the grand prize is Leothbious, who we know better as Suikama!
Suikama has won Armor of the Fabulous Age Taric and the ever wonderful Nunu Bot

They will be delivered tonight when my gifts limit clears!

Congartulations!