Author Topic: What If... (Ver 2.0 + MORE EXPLOSIONS)  (Read 220051 times)

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
Re: What If... (Ver 2.0 + MORE EXPLOSIONS)
« Reply #750 on: January 20, 2013, 08:40:04 PM »
Wouldn't be any more or less believable than the theories about Area 51 here in the States.

Anyone else want to ask a question? I don't have one at the moment...
My fanfics: Touhou Wrecks X!
What happens when Nue's in a pranky mood and at the same time, Yukari's bored? Pokemon XD: Impostor of Darkness
I made this cool matrixy eye:

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #751 on: January 20, 2013, 10:42:17 PM »
What if ZUN was a good drawer?

GunnerReisen

• Sister-Complex Kingpin of Steel
  • /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
« Reply #752 on: January 20, 2013, 11:32:36 PM »
He would be bigger then Jesus.

What if Zun joined AA?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 11:34:16 PM by GunnerReisen »
The Fool: Idea, thought, spirituality, that which endeavours to rise above the material

Sagitta luminis

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #753 on: January 21, 2013, 01:42:57 AM »
The Touhous would stop caring about sake, and Suika would be Put On A Bus.

What if you were having a perfectly ordinary day, then Remilia came out of nowhere, smashed a window, and started trying to fly off with you?

I love the philosophical questions. Other people apparently don't, given the long gaps that seem to happen when I post here.
What happens when Nue's in a pranky mood and at the same time, Yukari's bored? Pokemon XD: Impostor of Darkness

GunnerReisen

• /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
« Reply #754 on: January 21, 2013, 02:27:13 AM »
I would hug her and sing, "harmony, harmony, oh love~"

What if they made a Touhou vs Capcom game?
The Fool: Idea, thought, spirituality, that which endeavours to rise above the material

Sagitta luminis

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #755 on: January 21, 2013, 02:54:51 AM »
I would hug her and sing, "harmony, harmony, oh love~"

What if they made a Touhou vs Capcom game?

Even though I'm terrible at fighters, I would buy it. Only issue? HOW WILL THEY MAKE THAT EVEN HALFWAY BALANCED?
Or make any sort of sensical storyline?

On the same subject, what if Touhou Smash Bros? Don't point me at Cirno Smash Climbers, it won't run on my computer.
Speaking of Touhou Smash Bros...

Vael

• Weaver of Illusions, Shaman of Dreams
« Reply #756 on: January 21, 2013, 04:32:06 AM »
I already have a maniacal grin on my face playing Brawl, Touhou Brawl would end me.

What if Yukari discovered coffee?

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
  • Unit vector from the center is the surface normal?
« Reply #757 on: January 21, 2013, 08:05:55 AM »
Capturing Yukari-sama's hyper-caffienated spellcards ought to be a whole lot more interesting, and none of this 'hibernating through winter' business.  I don't like it, no sir, I don't like it at all. 

What if the existence of Lunarians was confirmed by NASA?
My programming et al blog;
http://infinitestateautomaton.wordpress.com/

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

« Reply #758 on: January 21, 2013, 08:16:15 AM »
Triple lunarian war, Lunarians vs Humans vs Youkai (Yukari trying to exploit the oportunity). At the end nuclear apocalypse (Okuu and nukes)

What if you were gapped into Gensokyo with unlimited power (I always wonder what I would do since I watched DiTR)
EoSD-> Easy clear
PCB-> Normal mode clear (3cc)
MoF-> Stage 6 normal
TD-> Stage 5 normal

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #759 on: January 22, 2013, 10:20:48 PM »
What if you were gapped into Gensokyo with unlimited power (I always wonder what I would do since I watched DiTR)

I already kinda sorta have a thread on this.
http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,13765.0.html

But yeah. You're asking the same question, but without the borrowing modifier?

Well... Let's see.
When you have gaps, you can be as lazy as you freaking want. There's also just so many ways to use Yukari's other powers. The floor/ceiling infinite fall thing is funny and all, but how about impossible spaces? With enough time, you could recreate Metroid for Sanae! (Fanworks often depict her, being from the outside world, knowing a bit more about modern culture. In Touhou Mother, it's stated she's done "A 1% run of Fusion.") Doors that lead nowhere. One way doors. A maze game. You could set up competitions. Fair fights, Sky Battles. And if you're really bored, you gap some other character in, you chat with them [or spar if you've got excess aggression to work off] wipe their memory of the event, and send them back! A cross-dimensional transportation system. And you can set up MUGEN style matches. Alice vs. Anise, from Tales of The Abyss. (Dolls and Danmaku vs. Doll and Fonic Artes! Super Smash Bros EVERYONE!

Wow... I went overboard. And with such a nice question, I'll turn around and ask the person below me the same thing.

Edit: I'd ALSO do something about this stupid 100 degree fever I currently am suffering from...
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 03:12:38 PM by Cybeast710 »

GunnerReisen

• /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
« Reply #760 on: January 23, 2013, 01:23:54 AM »
Unlimited Blade Works, obviously~

Now, person below me, same question because I am SO DAMN CREATIVE~

Sagitta luminis

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #761 on: January 23, 2013, 06:58:09 AM »
Unlimited Blade Works, obviously~

Now, person below me, same question because I am SO DAMN CREATIVE~

I'm NOT answering or asking a new one.
If we are going to just keep this up, though, maybe we should start a seperate thread...

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
« Reply #762 on: January 24, 2013, 06:47:55 AM »
Gapped into Gensokyo with unlimited power...

Realise that power was bestowed upon me by Yukari for her own terrifying reasons.  Hope I am genre savvy enough to avoid the Diamond in the Rough Brolli scenario's.  Request Chen take in my old cat before he dies.  Take Ran on a date.  Play kendo with Youmu.  Donate to the Hakurei Shrine.  Visit Kiene's school. 

Make spellcards so that I don't get owned by Cirno because I have none.  Avoid sunflowers.  Play Mahjong with Yukari, Yuyuko, and Reimu. 

Basically it comes down to 'have fun with all the characters' and hope to promote them to 'people' and maybe even 'friends'.  After all, even if you have unlimited power, you never have the power to make somebody like you, and ultimately isn't that what you want if you could visit Gensokyo?  You can't fake that.  If you really did meet all those people, they are the ones who have amazing powers or backstories, and you are just you.  Why would they ordinarily take any notice of you?  Isn't that the best part?  Gensokyo is all around you all the time.  It's up to you to be worth them noticing you. 

But...

What if there really was that old abandoned shrine nearby, and you could visit anytime you wanted?  Just pay the 100 yen fee, clap twice, and when you turned around, there was a different world waiting.

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #763 on: January 24, 2013, 03:35:09 PM »
Gapped into Gensokyo with unlimited power...

Realise that power was bestowed upon me by Yukari for her own terrifying reasons.  Hope I am genre savvy enough to avoid the Diamond in the Rough Brolli scenario's.  Request Chen take in my old cat before he dies.  Take Ran on a date.  Play kendo with Youmu.  Donate to the Hakurei Shrine.  Visit Kiene's school. 

Make spellcards so that I don't get owned by Cirno because I have none.  Avoid sunflowers.  Play Mahjong with Yukari, Yuyuko, and Reimu. 

Basically it comes down to 'have fun with all the characters' and hope to promote them to 'people' and maybe even 'friends'.  After all, even if you have unlimited power, you never have the power to make somebody like you, and ultimately isn't that what you want if you could visit Gensokyo?  You can't fake that.  If you really did meet all those people, they are the ones who have amazing powers or backstories, and you are just you.  Why would they ordinarily take any notice of you?  Isn't that the best part?  Gensokyo is all around you all the time.  It's up to you to be worth them noticing you. 

But...

What if there really was that old abandoned shrine nearby, and you could visit anytime you wanted?  Just pay the 100 yen fee, clap twice, and when you turned around, there was a different world waiting.

You referring to the one that Maribel Hearn and Renko Usami found?
Yeah... um... I... don't know, actually. If it came with an emergency exit, maybe I'd go in.

Also, why would you need spellcards? You can just open a few gaps and hit Cirno with her OWN bullets. Much more satisfying!

What if question I asked on Facebook on a page dedicated to Touhou Project (duh)

What if the cast of TF2 wound up in Gensokyo? Before you start laughing, take a look at this...

Seriously. What if?

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
« Reply #764 on: January 24, 2013, 10:46:41 PM »
Also, why would you need spellcards? You can just open a few gaps and hit Cirno with her OWN bullets. Much more satisfying!

Because the rules of spellcard duelling say that when you run out of cards, you lose!  If you start with none, Cirno auto-wins :D

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #765 on: January 25, 2013, 12:19:52 AM »
Because the rules of spellcard duelling say that when you run out of cards, you lose!  If you start with none, Cirno auto-wins :D

Huh. But technically, the main char never uses any in the games. Just the occasional bomb. So tell me how that works...

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
« Reply #766 on: January 25, 2013, 02:28:42 AM »
The bombs that the player uses are spell cards.   It gets a bit fishy when they use the same spell cards again in the duel, or when they arrive with one life left and no bombs in stock.  I guess that's a handwave moment. 

But -
'That use of one's full abilities is to be denied.'

If it's a spell card battle, you have to rely on skill, not just power alone.  I really don't know how well you can apply the spell card rules to the actual games.  However, the spell card duelling system is the way that differences are resolved (or how they say 'hello' in Gensokyo).  You must decide if you are willing to handicap yourself from 'ultimate power' to use spell cards to properly communicate, or will you ignore the spell card rules to have your own way at all times? 

It seems to me that the spell card rules were there to prevent 'ultimate power' issues.  I think that there is wisdom in this that even though I don't understand, should be respected. 

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #767 on: January 25, 2013, 10:30:27 AM »
Fair enough.

OK... now that this debate is over, is anyone going to answer my question?

LadyScarlet

• Too lazy to make this a gif right now
  • Still scumming for a good pull
« Reply #768 on: January 26, 2013, 08:43:31 PM »
The addition of lots of males at once will drive the fanbase away.

What if Momiji, Youmu, Iku, Reimu, Alice, Yuyuko and several more got hired to reenact Okamiden?
My Youtube Channel. I mostly upload Hisoutensoku videos.

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #769 on: January 27, 2013, 05:20:58 PM »
The addition of lots of males at once will drive the fanbase away.

What if Momiji, Youmu, Iku, Reimu, Alice, Yuyuko and several more got hired to reenact Okamiden?

Seems whenever I ask a philosophical question about Gensokyo, someone invokes what it would do to the fanbase as a cop-out answer.
*sigh* Not much I can do about that, but I can say it annoys me. So yeah. It annoys me.

I don't see your reasoning behind one of these choices, so I'll bite. Why did you choose Alice? I mean, I get Momiji (Chibi), and Reimu (Hard to miss when comment after comment points it out). Yuyuko I guess I kinda get (Manpuku?) Youmu (Kurow), I get. I can sort of see where you're coming from with Iku (Nanami). Why Alice (Kuni), though? That's the one character I don't get...

To answer your question, there's no way they'd be able to without a massive brainwashing. They just don't have the same personalities. If they did, any other characters would be like "who are you, and what have you done with the real X?"

« Reply #770 on: January 28, 2013, 10:30:10 AM »
Since the last poster didn't post a what if...

.......What if Keine used her history powers to make it so that Kaguya and Mokou were friends instead of enemies?

other then lesbianism

Goldom

• Whee
« Reply #771 on: January 29, 2013, 05:12:08 AM »
They would still spend all their time fighting each other, because that's what friends do in Gensokyo <3

[attach=1]

What if Alice ever got to say her point? (And what would it be?)

Error

• No escape.
  • ˙ǝdɐɔsǝ oN
« Reply #772 on: January 30, 2013, 05:52:31 AM »
She would probably end up accusing Sakuya of stealing spring.

What if ZUN was trying to destroy Gensokyo?

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #773 on: February 03, 2013, 09:35:35 PM »
... Well... He could just stop making the games... The fanbase certainly wouldn't be happy...

How exactly am I supposed to answer this question? Do you want "what would the Touhou characters do if they were real AND..." or "how would the fanbase react if..." because those are two COMPLETELY different answers. You just don't give enough context for an answer, Error.

ERROR: Not enough context.

What if Flandre found Majora's Mask? I don't mean the game, I mean the mask itself. (There's probably already fanfiction about that, I've seen plenty of fanart...)

« Reply #774 on: February 03, 2013, 10:37:48 PM »
What if Flandre found Majora's Mask? I don't mean the game, I mean the mask itself. (There's probably already fanfiction about that, I've seen plenty of fanart...)

Then her 2nd form would not only be hilarious (who remembers that silly thing? :getdown:) but it would be cute and deadly too. :ohdear: I already can't unsee that.

Edit: Oh yeah. This post is assuming, of course, that she uses the mask too and doesn't just break it or something.

What if there was a Mario-Kart-like Touhou game? And there's like bonus points
Spoiler:
that don't really matter :V
if you can make a good replacement for each item.
E2: Answer however you'd like, but I'll be more specific, as "what if" doesn't work too well here.
What would the incident be this time around, who done it, why do it, what happens because of it, etc... Any, all, none of the above, or anything in between. Don't take it super seriously. :V
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 07:32:29 AM by SirBlueberry »

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #775 on: February 04, 2013, 11:12:11 AM »
Then her 2nd form would not only be hilarious (who remembers that silly thing? :getdown:) but it would be cute and deadly too. :ohdear: I already can't unsee that.

Edit: Oh yeah. This post is assuming, of course, that she uses the mask too and doesn't just break it or something.

What if there was a Mario-Kart-like Touhou game? And there's like bonus points
Spoiler:
that don't really matter :V
if you can make a good replacement for each item.
E2: Answer however you'd like, but I'll be more specific, as "what if" doesn't work too well here.
What would the incident be this time around, who done it, why do it, what happens because of it, etc... Any, all, none of the above, or anything in between. Don't take it super seriously. :V

Why would there be a kart racing tournament? Easy, same way Yukari kicked off a phony Gensokyo-wide war in Sengoku Gensokyo. Promise the winner a wish and write all the rules herself.
Why? Bored.
Items:
Red Shell/Triple Red Shell -> Hakurei Amulet/Amulets
Green Shell/Triple Green Shell -> Maid Knife/knives
Bullet Bill -> Wind God Gale
Blue Shell -> Marisa's ICBM from PoDD.
Mega Mushroom -> RX 666 (Eirin's been working on power replication)
Mushroom -> NO2 Boost (Yukari... That is my explanation)
Gold Mushroom -> N/A
Lightning ->  Nitori EMP
Pow Block -> Bomb
Blooper -> Mystia's Song (Recorded)
Banana -> Bullet Trap
Fake ? Box -> Backwards P
Item Box itself -> Forwards P.

Did i miss any?

EDIT: D'oh, forgot a question.

What if the Hakurei Border was real, and one day, it broke, allowing easy access to and from Gensokyo?

(PLEASE don't give me a one word answer like "Run." or a one sentence answer like "Oh, noez, we're all screwed". How about a narrative, or at the very least:
Who would leave Gensokyo for here [Sanae, for one... According to some fanworks, Reimu for another...]
Who would cross from our world to Gensokyo [I'm sure there are a few people]
Who would launch a hostile attack, if anyone. [Hey, this one's 50-50. You can make a case about Gensokyo making a surprise attack, or our side launching a preemptive strike if we become aware of the hole BEFORE one of the less stable Touhous goes on a rampage.]
If a less...stable...Touhou char found the hole, what would happen?)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 05:32:41 PM by Cybeast710 »

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
« Reply #776 on: February 05, 2013, 02:14:47 AM »
The purpose of Gensokyo was to provide some place for the forgotten and denied things of the past to survive. 

Yukari has taken care of Gensokyo for all this time.  Even if she did not create this sacred place, she may feel a sense of responsibility for the beings within.  Yukari knew well that the way of life in Gensokyo and the happiness of all within would be forever destroyed if the outside world was allowed to contaminate it. 

Therefore, Yukari would not permit easy access from or to Gensokyo.  Even if the border was broken, it would be clear where the line between Gensokyo and Japan was drawn.  This would become the new border of the new country within Japan.  The usual International laws of immigration would apply, and the guardians of Gensokyo would strictly control those who wished to enter or leave. 

However, in the end the result was as Yukari feared.  As soon as the existence of youkai became questioned by the outside world, the power of denial and unbeliavability crushed down like an iron hand.  Like leaves on the wind, oni, spirit, vampires - all were pushed away and scattered to the increasingly smaller unexplored places of the earth. 

Yukari took who she could with her to the dwindling heart of the Amazon Forest, or the center of the Australian deserts, or the Antarctic wastelands, and started her work again.  She looked skyward to the half-cresent moon, and wondered what might have been if her first invasion had succeeded. 

What if Reimu had a younger sister?

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

game2011

• magneiptVE
    • Unsurpassed ??asual Dating - Real Women
« Reply #777 on: February 05, 2013, 04:03:33 AM »
Turns out that PC-98 Reimu is actually her younger sister!  Please don't bring up the issue of them having the same name, okay...?

What if Sunny Milk, Luna Child, and Star Sapphire grow up to be the most beautiful women in all of Gensokyo, and maybe even the whole world?

I know people can answer as they wish here, but I really do hope that they don't take things too seriously...  The atmosphere here is very... serious...  The old thread was more enjoyable and gave better laughs...  This is starting to become the miscellaneous question thread already...
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 04:06:22 AM by game2011 »

Ikari

• I'm just so charismatic
  • It's turning into derp
« Reply #778 on: February 06, 2013, 12:55:18 AM »
Then they change their names and gain different abilities.

Luna Child; Luna Woman. Can mute any men in the world with a glare :derp:

Star Sapphire; Twinkle Opal. Can detect any women who is prettier than her and can and will seek out absolute removal, hence why she and her two friends will always be the most beautiful women in the world.

Sunny Milk; Sunny Milk *wink wink*. Can make anyone else invisible by attracting everyone's vision to her.

What if Koishi and Flandre traded powers for a day?

I know people can answer as they wish here, but I really do hope that they don't take things too seriously...  The atmosphere here is very... serious...  The old thread was more enjoyable and gave better laughs...  This is starting to become the miscellaneous question thread already...

I have to admit that more and more of the questions are "Hey write a fanfiction about x" instead of what if questions, and that's kind of sad. Still, I don't think questions should ALWAYS be puns or very short jokes. A detailed answer can sometime be fun if done properly instead of actually seeking to write a story. To be perfectly honest, I do love some of the long, serious answers here (when they're well thought out and well written. The previous one by Sky_Paladin was amazing.) and I'll take those over terribly short and uncreative answers.

TL;DR: Some answers aren't too serious, but rather boring because they aren't original in the slightest bit.

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #779 on: February 09, 2013, 07:20:29 PM »
Then Koishi becomes 5X more threatening and gets locked up by Satori and Flandre can finally play with someone without worrying about killing them. Odds are, Flandre would fight to not have to switch back, now that she had a taste of a normal life. STUFF BLOWS UP, and that's really about it.

What if Yukari created Facebook as a means to learn about all of us? Or at the very least had the entire comment/status code hooked?

Hooheeheehoohee... I can't wait to hear this answer... <-------------- This isn't my Rumia page on Facebook, don't write that.