Author Topic: You know you're addicted to Touhou when... Volume 7 Perfect Cherry Blossom!  (Read 260278 times)

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
Re: You know you're addicted to Touhou when... Volume 7 Perfect Cherry Blossom!
« Reply #450 on: October 17, 2012, 03:09:43 AM »
Also that moment where you end up writing a 2 pages essay on Gensokyo's magicians and how science and magic are connected to each other, proposing science is a form of magic and vice-versa and that the teacher actually thinks it's interesting.
Does your teacher wear a cape?

Ikari

• I'm just so charismatic
  • It's turning into derp
« Reply #451 on: October 17, 2012, 03:45:29 AM »
Does your teacher wear a cape?

I really which he did. I'll still try to gauge his reaction to strawberries.

Delfigamer

• * Merry, bride, absolute (HR)
  • of course the best girl never wins
« Reply #452 on: October 17, 2012, 03:48:16 PM »
Today Russian language was about loanwords.
Today was mentioned a latin word meaning "to heal".
That was "sanare".

The Jealous Witch did nothing wrong.

« Reply #453 on: October 17, 2012, 04:45:27 PM »
I have a picture of Otohime Kanpukugu on my home page.
Don't believe me?
Getting clipped since Feb. 2012.

Youtube

Tumblr

« Reply #454 on: October 17, 2012, 07:21:57 PM »
Me: Our mother, who art in makai, hallowed be thy spellcards, thy maidens come, thy graze be done, Thy bullets be in gensokyo as they are in hakugyokurou, give us this day our daily bomb, and forgive us our shipping, as we forgive those who ship against us, and lead us not into doujins, but deliver us from the internet. In the name of the Miko, the Witch and the Time-Stopping Maid, amen.
This is just amazing
EoSD-> Easy clear
PCB-> Normal mode clear (3cc)
MoF-> Stage 6 normal
TD-> Stage 5 normal

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #455 on: October 17, 2012, 08:56:36 PM »
Anyone else remember when this was a joke thread? Like the "You know you live in X when..." or "You know you're addicted to TF2/Okami/ Any game besides Touhou when..." threads? No? Me neither!

Today Russian language was about loanwords.
Today was mentioned a latin word meaning "to heal".
That was "sanare".

Appropriate, considering Sanae's official occupation.

Also... i just changed the notification sound Steam uses to the Extend noise. Look me in the face and tell me i'm not addicted.

It's a secret to everyoni.
...Sad thing is, i literally just thought of that bottom line.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 01:14:38 AM by Cybeast710 »
My fanfics: Touhou Wrecks X!
What happens when Nue's in a pranky mood and at the same time, Yukari's bored? Pokemon XD: Impostor of Darkness
I made this cool matrixy eye:

Goldom

• Whee
« Reply #456 on: October 18, 2012, 12:51:24 AM »
So right at the front of my grocery store, there's always a thing of, and sign advertising, alstroemeria flowers. Needless to say, I always think of something else.

(More embarrassing version: before seeing it the first time, I didn't actually know that was a kind of flower).

« Reply #457 on: October 18, 2012, 03:30:16 AM »
Playing Legend of Mana (because I'm a nerd for older games) and got to a quest where you had to dodge ghosts in the Underworld who would throw you back to the bottoms.  My inner monologue went something like this...

Room 1:  Eh...it's like dodging danmaku...or not.  I guess this analogy is falling flat on my face.
Room 2:  Hey, this one's easy because I just lure them to aim over here, then I stream to the other side and run past.
Room 3:  Ah, so they vanish and reappear...it's like dodging Reisen's bullets.

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #458 on: October 18, 2012, 06:48:12 PM »
Playing Cave's games.
Specifically, DoDonPachi Resurrection. Because even my phone needs bullet hells.

Also, when I've put Anex86 and the entire PC-98 collection onto my school network drive.
What happens when Nue's in a pranky mood and at the same time, Yukari's bored? Pokemon XD: Impostor of Darkness

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #459 on: October 18, 2012, 06:53:24 PM »
everyoni
you stole my phrase D:
2hu is the reason why I stay up at night; to watch gameplays of it on my phone.

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #460 on: October 18, 2012, 06:57:06 PM »
Well... on top of all of this...

I REALLY wish someone would make a Touhou Metroid.

Touhou Mother parodied Metroid with Sanae's arcs.

I just wish someone would redesign Metroid to use Sanae, or hell, Reimu, if everyone hates Sanae that damn much. But i just REALLY want to play a Metroid remake with Touhou characters. It's one of my deepest desires. Ever since Touhou Mother parodied it, i've been enamored with the idea.

Then again... that probably wouldn't work so well. After all, Castlevania is a lot like Metroid, and they did make one of those...

What am i saying? Same gameplay, totally different atmosphere! Metroid is just that awesome!
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 06:59:00 PM by Cybeast710 »

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #461 on: October 19, 2012, 02:00:19 AM »
Playing Cave's games.
Specifically, DoDonPachi Resurrection. Because even my phone needs bullet hells.
Excellent choice! How's the Touhou-Cave transition holding up for ya? :P
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

Goldom

• Whee
« Reply #462 on: October 19, 2012, 02:37:54 AM »
I gotta say, I don't like Cave's games as a whole, but DDP Resurrection is really, really good. It's their only one that's actually grabbed my attention and made me want to keep playing it. So many others are just drawn out stages of boredom followed by the only interesting patterns in the boss... but they only last 20 seconds. Resurrection's fun straight through, and it's got the best music I've heard out of them as well. It controls really well for a phone game too.

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #463 on: October 19, 2012, 11:10:58 AM »
I gotta say, I don't like Cave's games as a whole, but DDP Resurrection is really, really good. It's their only one that's actually grabbed my attention and made me want to keep playing it. So many others are just drawn out stages of boredom followed by the only interesting patterns in the boss... but they only last 20 seconds. Resurrection's fun straight through, and it's got the best music I've heard out of them as well. It controls really well for a phone game too.

Don't suppose you found the Open second or Ura second loops yet? If you're playing 5 stages and not 11, you're getting the bad ending because you don't meet the requirements for the second half.
Hint: Have you seen the bee items? If not, try using the laser. You need 40 out of the 50, as well as not continue. in order to access the Open Second loop. And believe me... until the second loop, the game is easy enough. They'll break out the REAL bullet hell at the second loop.
Ura Second Loop is harder. ALL 50. No continuing. AND Normal or Hard only. If you actually make it through to Ura, you deserve congratulations. Especially because the first level has access to a hidden route which has 10 out of the 50 on it. It stretches through all 5 stages, and if at any time you die to a boss or miniboss, (and each stage has an entirely different miniboss on the hidden route) you get kicked off the hidden route and lose any chance of going for Ura.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #464 on: October 19, 2012, 05:34:38 PM »
I thought it was 45 bees total (9 per stage when taking the Ura routes, 7 otherwise), with 35 required for the Omote/Open/Tsuujou version. Also in the iOS version one needs to 1cc the game in Normal or higher (though Tsuujou can be accessed on Novice).

I've gotten pretty close to getting Ura but usually mess up on S3 or S4 midbosses. Damnit I want my Hibachi fight on the go! :V

I think it is safe to die on bosses (not midbosses though), but I've had instances where auto-bombing on a midboss kicked me out of the route.
Bad command or file name

Goldom

• Whee
« Reply #465 on: October 19, 2012, 06:30:24 PM »
Not even close to being that good at it. Though I haven't played it in a long time, maybe I could reach it if I tried now. I remember getting a lot of hits due to my giant finger being in the way, which is the one downside of the format. It'd probably be way easier on an iPad, but I've got an Android tablet instead, and no Cave there :(

Edit: Oh dammit, I just went to their site and saw it IS on Android, and was totally about to rebuy it, but it says it's not compatible with mine. :(
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 06:32:40 PM by Goldom »

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #466 on: October 19, 2012, 07:45:38 PM »
I thought it was 45 bees total (9 per stage when taking the Ura routes, 7 otherwise), with 35 required for the Omote/Open/Tsuujou version. Also in the iOS version one needs to 1cc the game in Normal or higher (though Tsuujou can be accessed on Novice).

I've gotten pretty close to getting Ura but usually mess up on S3 or S4 midbosses. Damnit I want my Hibachi fight on the go! :V

I think it is safe to die on bosses (not midbosses though), but I've had instances where auto-bombing on a midboss kicked me out of the route.

Nope, 50. 10 in each stage taking the hidden route, 8 otherwise. Although stage 1 has 11 bees.
the usual Ura-route-only 2 bees, the usual 8 bees on the normal route, but there's 1 bee in stage 1 you can only get on the normal route.

Yeah, i keep missing bees.
Beating Hibachi allows you to play as that ship.

Mouse over for unlock cheat code for Smartphone mode!
Spoiler:
ABC-ABC-BCA-BCA-CAB-CAB "An unidentified Battleship is Approaching!" *hibachi appears under ship C*
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 09:28:39 PM by Cybeast710 »

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #467 on: October 19, 2012, 09:27:27 PM »
On a completely unrelated note, i wonder if Cirno fields all of Siri's requests sometimes. Siri is an idiot, just like... Wait a minute.

Seer-No
Seer-Ee
Ce-Ree
Sir-Eye

Heh.

Seer-No
Sir-"Eye".

That's a good one. I just realized:
Wouldn't it be funny if someone drew Cirno marrying whichever computer had the source code for Siri?

Get it?
Back to Dodonpachi Resurrection, i've gotten the Open 2nd loop once, on Smartphone mode. I have yet to reach Ura.
Also, the requirements are different in the two modes.
Ura:
In Arcade Mode, you need to get all bees AND use less than 2 bombs in order to get Ura mode.
In Smartphone Mode, it's all bees OR get the requirements for open & use less than two bombs.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #468 on: October 20, 2012, 05:03:55 AM »
Just got to Ura with B-Strong (finally!) and can personally confirm that 45 of 46 bees (need verification of this number?) + 1cc Normal/Hard + no deaths on midbosses should get you there on Arcade mode. No requirement - at least for the iOS/Android version - for maximum bombs used or lives lost. :P (no idea about Smartphone mode requirements)
And goddamn, compared to Tsuujou loop this is brutal. :V

So yeah, like other Cave iOS ports the loop requirements are generally lower, usually omitting life/bomb requirements.

I took a look back at my ~Oct 2010 drawings, when I started my Touhou liking. Interestingly was laughing that even then I was making Touhou hat ideas for TF2, as well as a beer called "Chirubiru". Might upload them sometime.

« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 06:28:17 AM by ✚まどか Quick-Fix Medic »
Bad command or file name

« Reply #469 on: October 21, 2012, 03:30:58 AM »
Okay I'm trying to catch a Modest Natured Female Eevee in Pokemon White 2 (I lovingly hate the fact that a lot of rare 'mons are 12.5% female...bad for breeding and bad for me and my desire to have only females on my team).  So what do I do to increase my luck...

1.  Get my Reimu plushie and rubber band the stylus to her hand.

2.  Open a Reimu-centric fanart from my art folder and leave the computer on that screen.

3.  Run Winamp with a playlist consisting of every mix I have of Reimu's themes.

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #470 on: October 21, 2012, 02:12:48 PM »
Okay I'm trying to catch a Modest Natured Female Eevee in Pokemon White 2 (I lovingly hate the fact that a lot of rare 'mons are 12.5% female...bad for breeding and bad for me and my desire to have only females on my team).  So what do I do to increase my luck...

2.  Open a Reimu-centric fanart from my art folder and leave the computer on that screen.

3.  Run Winamp with a playlist consisting of every mix I have of Reimu's themes.

I probably sound like a nine for asking this, but... Why not Tewi?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 02:40:23 PM by Cybeast710 »

« Reply #471 on: October 21, 2012, 03:32:23 PM »

That's one way. Another is to lead with a male that has cute charm. I call him Genji.

« Reply #472 on: October 21, 2012, 03:37:17 PM »
I probably sound like a nine for asking this, but... Why not Tewi?

Because of the jokes about Reimu having good luck as a character.  Tewi might give good luck but she's a double edged sword due to her prankster nature; she'd probably end up helping me find it, but I'd forget to save and turn the game off.  That and I only have a Reimu and a Yukari plushie to use, and I've pushed my luck with Yukari enough already (I still say she's the one who helped me gain a Kyurem in only one Dusk Ball while being like six levels lower back in the original Pokemon White).

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #473 on: October 21, 2012, 09:42:37 PM »
Because of the jokes about Reimu having good luck as a character.  Tewi might give good luck but she's a double edged sword due to her prankster nature; she'd probably end up helping me find it, but I'd forget to save and turn the game off.  That and I only have a Reimu and a Yukari plushie to use, and I've pushed my luck with Yukari enough already (I still say she's the one who helped me gain a Kyurem in only one Dusk Ball while being like six levels lower back in the original Pokemon White).

PLEASE. You want to see a lucky catch, i'll show you the luckiest catch ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBijz9fd0Nw

Look at that... just look at that.

« Reply #474 on: October 22, 2012, 03:16:11 AM »
Wow...that is lucky.

But considering that it only took me a day, I'd say my tactic worked.  I got Reimu's luck and a valuable ally.

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #475 on: October 22, 2012, 08:25:25 PM »
Well, Reddit and Minecraft and anything else using Amazon's Cloud service are down, and one wonders... did Yukari do this to demonstrate that she still is around and can still do things, considering winter's coming around soon?

:objection!:

OK... not really. But you gotta admit, theorizing a Touhou character's behind something bad that happened that day really makes your day more interesting. :P

« Reply #476 on: October 23, 2012, 03:20:39 AM »
I do that all the time.  Every little strange string of luck is either A) Yukari messing around for fun to see how I'll react (because my entire family has no luck), B) Reimu's canonical good luck rubbing off since I play her a lot or C) Sanae gave me some of her miracle powers (for the real big ones).  Or when I can't sleep I say some youkai wants me to stay up and hang with them that night.

Ikari

• I'm just so charismatic
  • It's turning into derp
« Reply #477 on: October 23, 2012, 04:32:50 AM »
I blame every Touhous for everything.

Unlucky today? Hina.
It's dark outside? Rumia.
It's raining? Patchouli.
Miracle happened? Remilia messed with my destiny.
Pretty much everything? Yukari.

Seasons are pretty much what I link to Touhou the most.

Winter is totally Letty's fault, Fall is because of the Aki sisters, Summer flowers came out because of Yuuka and Spring came thanks to Lily White.

I'm seriously crazy.

Delfigamer

• * Merry, bride, absolute (HR)
  • of course the best girl never wins
« Reply #478 on: October 23, 2012, 08:32:29 AM »
<...> and Spring came thanks to Lily White.
I'm seriously crazy.
And mistaking. Lily doesn't affect season change, she only announces spring arrival. :3

My school.
A couple of female classmates had interested by what is playing in my headphone.
<...>
- And do you have lively music?
- :3
<...>
- And do you have calm music?
<...>
- Nice!
That day I was listening for ZUN four lessons in a row. What do you think, what level of addiction it may be?

The Jealous Witch did nothing wrong.

Swiftwater

• Licking sweet bean paste, filled with sweet bean paste!!
  • You can even taste it on the outside...
« Reply #479 on: October 23, 2012, 12:00:26 PM »
Earlier in school, I played UNLon my laptop, since I can't use it in my house during weekdays. YAY LOGIC

My friend who I gave UNL to was already playing, with some other guys beside him wanting to play too.

And my teacher asked us what the hell we where doing on our laptops, sees us playing, and instead of asking us to turn the laptops off, she asked for a copy of UNL. True fucking story. Unfortunately, I only managed to give her UNL without SWR.

It seems like I kinda popularized Touhou in my classroom, rate my addiction.