Author Topic: Let's Fail Touhou Submissions Thread - Volume 4 Done!! Submissions open!  (Read 84424 times)

Ozzy

• Veteran Danmakufu Scripter
  • Currently working on a full Touhou fangame!
Some of you may have heard about my recent Let's Fail Touhou fail videos.
They're compilations of many of the derps and funny deaths that happened to a variety of people (mainly MoTK members).

Post any replays here that you consider to be worthy of being in the next compilation and I'll add them on to my next installment. If you prefer, you may also send a PM with the replay.

Once I have around 30 or so fails, I'll make another video. Try to make sure that the submissions are entertaining to watch, like many of the fails in volume 1. If your not sure if it's good enough, then post it anyway. Odds are that someone will find it funny.

Finished Volumes:
Volume 1
Volume 2
Volume 3
Volume 4
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 05:43:42 AM by Ozzy »

Random

• Rice cakes, sea anemones
  • Benzene, benzene ♪
Re: Let's Fail Touhou Submissions Thread - Now accepting for Volume 2
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2012, 04:02:24 AM »
Well, there's a derp thread.

Today, while I was playing some SA Normal, I ran into the last bullet before midboss Yuugi. You know, the aimed blue bullets. It was about to disappear, too...

Ozzy

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2012, 04:28:27 AM »
Well, there's a derp thread.

I know, that's where I posted this request earlier when it was suggested that I make a separate thread. I figure it would be more noticed here. If the mods feel that this thread is redundant, then by all means close/merge it.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2012, 04:45:54 AM »
*scrubs old replays

Be sure you append the contributor's name in the corner or something :V

Random

• Rice cakes, sea anemones
  • Benzene, benzene ♪
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2012, 04:50:08 AM »
I know, that's where I posted this request earlier when it was suggested that I make a separate thread.
Oh, that makes sense, then. :V

There was another time when I ran into Kaguya from the bottom of the screen. It wasn't to collect point items, mind you - it was during the beginning of a card. I thought I was holding down.
Maybe I should have saved replays of my failures. Oh well, I'll do that from now on.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2012, 04:51:38 AM »
I've many a replay where I bomb due to the spellcard invocation noise. Does that count, because I doubt people'd pick that up were they to see it :ohdear:

Ozzy

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2012, 05:30:44 AM »
*scrubs old replays

Be sure you append the contributor's name in the corner or something :V
The videos will be annotated to show who did which fail. I'll also include everyone's name in the description.

I've many a replay where I bomb due to the spellcard invocation noise. Does that count, because I doubt people'd pick that up were they to see it :ohdear:
Why don't you send it anyway, maybe it's more noticable then you think.

Byaaakuren

• Youkai Jesus, Queen of the Monks
    • Animu List
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2012, 05:55:58 AM »
This run was full of derps Choose which one you want but I say you definitely need to include my final death

I think this was the run where I died by colliding with Nue at the end of Stage 6

I thank my friend for the sig <3
My noob replays :V
Tumblr (I post NSFW stuff there)

Ozzy

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2012, 06:49:18 AM »
This run was full of derps Choose which one you want but I say you definitely need to include my final death

I think this was the run where I died by colliding with Nue at the end of Stage 6

Were they supposed to be the same replay?

Byaaakuren

• Animu List
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2012, 06:51:52 AM »
Were they supposed to be the same replay?

No. They both have derpy final deaths

Ozzy

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2012, 07:02:31 AM »
No. They both have derpy final deaths
Wow, that was stupid of me. I seemed to have accidentally watched the same one twice. My bad.

Byaaakuren

• Animu List
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2012, 07:28:13 AM »
Wow, that was stupid of me. I seemed to have accidentally watched the same one twice. My bad.

It's cool. At least you have an idea where I made dumb deaths.

(To be honest, it's been a while since I uploaded them so I don't remember where I died aside from the ones in Stage 6)

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2012, 09:35:18 AM »
The Patchouli fight in this Hard mode run has quite a few failures, including deaths to both sets of non-directional lasers. My inability to regain full power in Sakuya's last non-spell or capture Scarlet Meister might be entertaining as well :V

Also from EoSD is this failed Extra run. There are many bombs and deaths, naturally, but most notable are Kagome, Kagome, Counter Clock, and QED.
Spoiler:
I get QED'd as Flandre is exploding.

EDIT: I prefer going by "Ridley 64" if you decide to use any of these.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 07:19:16 PM by Ridley 64 »

fsvgm777

• One of the only Touhou fans from Luxembourg... I guess.
  • Oh, I'm just a concerned observer.
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2012, 10:30:38 AM »
In this failed run of IN, I go to the "POC" (not really, because I wasn't at max power) to collect some point items before Wriggle's Last Spell. Guess what happens? Wriggle spawns on me to cast said Last Spell. I ended up laughing at that.

MMX

• In Soviet Gensokyo...
  • ...bullets dodge you.
    • LiveJournal blog
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2012, 11:56:50 AM »
Oh i'll join this too.

Epic Q.E.D. fail
Rushed into a bullet right before Seiga midboss
An old EoSD normal derplay It has a lot of silly mistakes, but noone can beat time freezing in front of a knife on Marionette :] I was smashing X like a mad man, but it didn't helped.
My first and only MoF hard 1CC Notable derp on Stage 5 right before Sanae boss.
My first and only SA normal 1CC Everything went pretty good until Orin appeared. I vote for failed gap hax at Spleen Eater and derp at Fixed Star as most hilarious of my failures in this run.
Miko fight went beyond bad Choose whatever you like the most, but i suggest that double K.O. at her 2nd spell as the most shameful
TD hard Marisa 1CC Did wrong move at Guhun Yegui, and then almost captured Gagouji's Cyclone,
First EoSD normal no-bombs with 5 lives LolPatchouli, lolMarionette :] This is a rather old run from the times i could play this bad. Though, Remilia went surprisingly good.
MoF normal no-bombs 1CC LolKanako :blush:

Pity, i haven't saved a replay of this epic fail, but at least you may laugh at it :)

Okay. I think that's enough derp-material from me. Choose whatever you like ;)
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 03:41:01 PM by MMX »
My danmakufu thread Most recent - "Kappa Mechanics" (Nitori fight)   My youtube channel Latest update - EoSD extra no bombs clear

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2012, 12:35:46 PM »
You already know I'll be giving you any of mine I get  :V

Posting partly so this shows up in "Replies", partly because I think this thread is a great idea, and partly because with all the GFW hard attempts I'm going to be doing I'm bound to have some epic failures.

Oh and also there's 2 in Stage 3 of this replay: http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=20026  (one is right before Meiling, I forget where the other is)

Ozzy

« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2012, 02:49:01 PM »
BTW guys, how do you want me to name you in the video? I mean, do you want me to use your forum nickname (the one that doesn't change) or just your current name? Also, if any of you have youtube channels, do you want me to mention those as well?

MMX

• In Soviet Gensokyo...
  • ...bullets dodge you.
    • LiveJournal blog
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2012, 03:08:45 PM »
BTW guys, how do you want me to name you in the video? I mean, do you want me to use your forum nickname (the one that doesn't change) or just your current name? Also, if any of you have youtube channels, do you want me to mention those as well?
Yeah. I think it's better to use our common nicknames in annotations (cause youtube handles look weird). And feel free to mention my channel in description ;)
My danmakufu thread Most recent - "Kappa Mechanics" (Nitori fight)   My youtube channel Latest update - EoSD extra no bombs clear

« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2012, 04:14:15 PM »
I think you should probably just rename this to Let's Fail Touhou Submissions Thread since you don't want to have to make a new one for every volume. You could probably just make a note of when you release a new video so people know when the new one is open for submissions.

Also, might I suggest linking people's youtube accounts (if applicable) in video descriptions so others can see their successful content.
Current Goals: Clear all games on hard with every shottype (or team, not all solos in IN)

Remaining: EoSD 0, PCB 3, IN 0, MoF 3 (Marisa B doesn't count), SA 4, UFO all B types, TD Youmu, total 14.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2012, 04:16:15 PM »
I think you should probably just rename this to Let's Fail Touhou Submissions Thread since you don't want to have to make a new one for every volume. You could probably just make a note of when you release a new video so people know when the new one is open for submissions.

Also, might I suggest linking people's youtube accounts (if applicable) in video descriptions so others can see their successful content.
You do know topic titles can be changed by the creator.
Pretty sure that the YouTube link was already planned.

Personally I'm in favor of nickname (which happens to match my YouTube username) and channel link.

Ozzy

« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2012, 04:25:03 PM »
You do know topic titles can be changed by the creator.
That was the plan.

Personally I'm in favor of nickname (which happens to match my YouTube username) and channel link.
I am as well, but I was just making sure that people were ok by this. I'm under the impression that a good number of people here are more recognizable by their current name than their nickname.

Alright, when posting replays, mention how you want to be named (I'll assume forum nickname if you don't specify). Also, post a link to your youtube channel if it's not in your forum profile already and you want it to be linked in the video.

Update: We've made it well past the 10 fail mark already! We should reach 30 in no time.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2012, 04:36:16 PM »
The first two deaths in Stage 4 of this replay would count, I think. Let's blindly rush into bullets in totally uncharacteristic fashion! :V
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

fsvgm777

« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2012, 04:47:47 PM »
Alright, when posting replays, mention how you want to be named (I'll assume forum nickname if you don't specify). Also, post a link to your youtube channel if it's not in your forum profile already and you want it to be linked in the video.
You can refer to me as fsvgm777 or fsvgm. Either is fine... although, I prefer to be referred to as fsvgm777.

Ozzy

« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2012, 04:50:37 PM »
In this failed run of IN, I go to the "POC" (not really, because I wasn't at max power) to collect some point items before Wriggle's Last Spell. Guess what happens? Wriggle spawns on me to cast said Last Spell. I ended up laughing at that.
I think you sent the wrong replay, there's nothing like that here.

XephyrEnigma

• :|
  • XephyrEnigma
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2012, 05:09:11 PM »
I already sent you a replay yesterday evening.
Spoiler:
that one where i finally die by drifting back to the bottom of the screen, thus ruining my 1LC attempt.

I'd like it if my full name was present. (read: my current username) Don't use the name in the replay.

« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 06:48:18 PM by XephyrEnigma »
Iced-Fairy: "Danmaku is like soccer, except instead of hooligans you get fairies and the riot is before the game." 

My YouTube channel where I often screw about - Latest Upload: IN Border Team Easy Clear

fsvgm777

« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2012, 06:16:17 PM »
Ozzy: The derp I mentioned is in this video... but watching it again, I ran into Wriggle frames after she re-appears to cast her Last Spell while I was collecting power and point items. Oops, my bad.

And yes, this is the same replay.

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
My profile picture is whimsy until I feel like adding something else.

Enjoy.

XephyrEnigma

• :|
  • XephyrEnigma
Iced-Fairy: "Danmaku is like soccer, except instead of hooligans you get fairies and the riot is before the game." 

My YouTube channel where I often screw about - Latest Upload: IN Border Team Easy Clear

MMX

• In Soviet Gensokyo...
  • ...bullets dodge you.
    • LiveJournal blog
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2012, 07:18:40 PM »
Paused to take a drink of root beer, forgot which direction I was supposed to go afterward.
Wich is why i never pause in tough places.

Meanwhile, what's the best way to get fresh lulzy derps than spell practice? :V
Sudden aimed bullet out of nowhere!

Also only in TD spell practice you can pull out things like this :D
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 08:45:19 PM by MMX »

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2012, 07:27:32 PM »
Which is why I say always be ready to bomb on unpausing V:

You can't bomb in spell practice.
My profile picture is whimsy until I feel like adding something else.

Enjoy.