Author Topic: Team Fortress 64  (Read 222974 times)

Re: Team Fortress 64
« Reply #660 on: April 23, 2012, 05:13:01 AM »
Gonna be selling my V Lugermorph, putting it up on here to see if anyone wants it before tf2outpost. Part of my Aya set, if anyone cares about the tags.

Looking for around 7~ keys, or equivalent in metal, which is about 17 refined.

Alpha, I saw a community lugermorph in TF2outpost the other day. 20 buds minimum, 50 buds max.

Thanks to GreenVirus for the Siggy.
My TF2 Backpack of DOOM

« Reply #661 on: April 23, 2012, 05:21:04 AM »
Alpha, I saw a community lugermorph in TF2outpost the other day. 20 buds minimum, 50 buds max.
Yeah, there are quite a few variants of the Luger, and all the uncommon ones are highly collectible. The Self-Made Lugermorph is rather prestigious, probably due to the sparkle combined with it's tradability.

Sadly, I only have an average Vintage Lugermorph.

« Reply #662 on: April 23, 2012, 07:31:25 AM »
P.S. Strafe I'm still waiting to get that frying pan to you, be online while I'm around more dangit! :x
Yeah. Work 'n stuff. I always seem to get home around an hour after you have left. I'll be lurking around during more "normal" hours for the next few days. :V

Messiah

• The Devil on The Sky~
  • In seek for the lost DotS
« Reply #663 on: April 23, 2012, 01:59:22 PM »
Your typical stalled game on turbine, when red was starting invade the intel. And then, this happened.
Steam Profile                 Myanimelist Profile

« Reply #664 on: April 23, 2012, 08:39:40 PM »
Your typical stalled game on turbine, when red was starting invade the intel. And then, this happened.

Ah yes, that spot. Typically you get one or two demos up there, sometimes more. Nobody really wants to touch intel with over a dozen stickies on it.

Barrakketh

• You're suddenly Director of Fixing That Shit!
  • Vice President of It's Your Problem Now.
« Reply #665 on: April 23, 2012, 11:39:27 PM »
Ah yes, that spot. Typically you get one or two demos up there, sometimes more. Nobody really wants to touch intel with over a dozen stickies on it.
*runs in with the Short Circuit, runs away with your intel while laughing*

Actually, DR spies are great for when the intel is being camped.  Run in with it armed, pick it up and let the demos trigger the stickies, immediately uncloak and keep running with the intel.  It's even more effective with multiple spies working together.  You can basically keep the intel alive and inch it toward your base a few feet at a time that way regardless of what the other team does.
Cheating? I cannot even wrap my head around the point of it. Wouldn't you know you had cheated? How on Earth could you maintain crisp certainty of your superiority to all others? And if you're unable to do that, what's the point of anything?

« Reply #666 on: April 24, 2012, 12:03:03 AM »
*runs in with the Short Circuit, runs away with your intel while laughing*

Actually, DR spies are great for when the intel is being camped.  Run in with it armed, pick it up and let the demos trigger the stickies, immediately uncloak and keep running with the intel.  It's even more effective with multiple spies working together.  You can basically keep the intel alive and inch it toward your base a few feet at a time that way regardless of what the other team does.
That's what you'd expect to happen, but unfortunately most CTF servers don't have that level of teamwork. That tactic only works if their team doesn't have an engie pyro combo on the intel, which is very rare on turbine. Generally the pyros will just airblast them back to the original resting spot of the intel and kill them if they make it past the sentry/destroy the sentry.

Freyband

• Mpph! Mmm, mm mmm mph mmm!
« Reply #667 on: April 24, 2012, 03:08:24 AM »
If your spies are working well together, then why not just knife all the demomen in one quick shot (take out any sentries in the room since 9/10 demomen I see using stickies can't do shit with their other weapons. :l
And Alpha showed me a video containing the magic of using mouse+controllers on tf2 while charging. (sorry had also been shown pretty much the same thing with a steering wheel)
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 01:00:52 AM by Zeroxes »
Steam - freyband
Xbox Live - Zeroxes
My TF2 Backpack

« Reply #668 on: April 24, 2012, 10:44:16 PM »
And Alpha showed me a video containing the magic of using steering wheels on tf2 while charging.
Actually, it's possible to do it with a steering wheel, but how Lei Lei does it is using a mouse + Xbox controller. The result is more or less the same, but I'd imagine the controller would be easier to use.

Gc

• youtu.be/pRZpjlrKM8A
« Reply #669 on: April 25, 2012, 01:58:42 PM »
How the hell does this happen

On another note, I like working with VGUI.

KNHUD has not been updated in a while so there's quite a bit of stuff to patch in.

• Replays [DONE]
  • Strange weapons [DONE]
  • Updating the main menu with post-F2P options [DONE]
  • Some ItemEffectMeters
  • FIXING THE ARENA MODE HUD (even if I don't like arena)
  • etc.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 04:46:13 PM by Gamecubic »

« Reply #670 on: April 25, 2012, 06:31:58 PM »
Found this on facepunch.

« Reply #671 on: April 25, 2012, 09:23:54 PM »
Found this on facepunch.
I was wondering when I'd see those two items being painted something ridiculous. Just as amazing as I expected.

Freyband

« Reply #672 on: April 26, 2012, 09:20:33 PM »
Found this on facepunch.
Origins
Aftermath
He also kinda looks like something out of a Dr. Seuss book, if Dr. Seuss lived in the TF2 universe (Historic figures are... different to say the least)
Steam - freyband
Xbox Live - Zeroxes
My TF2 Backpack

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #673 on: April 27, 2012, 09:26:52 PM »
Quote from: TF2 Wiki
Team Fortress 2

Added The Toss-Proof Towel
    Fixed a bug that caused many avatar images to not show up in the scoreboard
    Fixed the Sharpened Volcano Fragment not igniting players
    Fixed damage to buildings applying on-hit effects such as the ?bersaw charge [1]
    Fixed Sticky Jumper stickybombs changing team when air-blasted
    Fixed large floating point values getting truncated in WebAPI responses
    sǝlıℲ uoıʇɐʇɐzılɐɔo˥ pǝʇɐpd∩[2]
    Community request
        Added SetForcedTauntCam player input for map makers to place the player into third-person

Undocumented changes

Added style names for the Texas Half-Pants.
    Added Mann Co. Supply Crates Series 43 and removed Series 39.
    Added two new strange parts. Strange Part: Posthumous Kills and Strange Part: Allies Extinguished.
    Added files for a third, as yet unused, strange part that tracks kills during Full Moon.

Notes

↑ This also applies to the Black Box, Blutsauger, and Concheror.
    ↑ Unicode characters forming "Updated localizatation files" [sic] upside down in Australian.

About time the Sharpened Volcano Fragment was fixed.
And no more uber for hitting a dispenser now. :V
And also, freakin finally they removed 39. I have 6 of those or so and I really don't want any more. They're all I get.
Alas, more strange parts..

EDIT: Almost forgot the contents of crate 43:
Tribalman's Shiv
Detonator
Shortstop
Strange Part: Allies Extinguished
Strange Part: Posthumous Kills
Berliner's Bucket Helm
Coupe D'isaster
Or an Exceedingly Rare Special Item!
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 09:29:13 PM by Agent of the BSoD »
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

« Reply #674 on: April 27, 2012, 10:21:32 PM »
EDIT: Almost forgot the contents of crate 43:
Tribalman's Shiv
Detonator
Shortstop
Strange Part: Posthumous Kills
Berliner's Bucket Helm
Coupe D'isaster
Or an Exceedingly Rare Special Item!
Well, this should be nice. Hopefully pyros will go out of their way to actually airblast people now...

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #675 on: April 27, 2012, 11:43:52 PM »
Man, they had to go and add a strange Detonator after I went and bought one when they released it way back and even put a tag on it. Welp.

« Reply #676 on: April 27, 2012, 11:52:33 PM »
Man, they had to go and add a strange Detonator after I went and bought one when they released it way back and even put a tag on it. Welp.
I remember crafting mine minutes after the update. Even so soon after it updated, given that the server was under such a strain, it was still a 3XX craft number.

« Reply #677 on: April 28, 2012, 09:11:20 AM »
Fixed damage to buildings applying on-hit effects such as the ?bersaw charge
Welp. It really was a matter of time. As much as I liked this feature, it really made things unbalanced. Besides, Shady was the only person I noticed that capitalized on that feature when it was in play. I only remembered it when I had my Blutsauger..

Huh. I'll want to pick up a couple of these. I've been taking a liking to Pyro lately, and I definitely go out of my way to extinguish allies.

As for the new Stranges, I'll be looking into them as well. Tribalman's Shiv and Detonator will entice me into changing up my playstyles a bit. I hear Detonator jumping is fun. :V

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #678 on: April 28, 2012, 12:54:10 PM »
I hear Detonator jumping is fun. :V

Not only that, but it's handy for distance shots, too. You can't quuuuiiite jump as high as a Scout with it, but you can definitely get places people don't expect Pyros to come rushing out of.

Also, I am hype for a Strange: Allies Extinguished Degreaser, if that'll be a combo. It'd probably be the only Strange I'm interested in tracking; kill tracking just seems kind of epeen-y to me. I'm playing TF2 for mindless fun, not to shove my kill count down other peoples throat.

« Reply #679 on: April 28, 2012, 02:05:23 PM »
I see where you're coming from. Yeah, there are many people that inflate the kill counter on their stranges to flaunt their "epeen" around. They'll usually farm their kills on idle servers to speed that up. Honestly, I think that's ridiculous.. but that's how some people are.

Personally, I like having the kill counters on my weapons. I mainly use them as a reference to see how well I use a weapon, or how often I use it. I guess I'm a bit of a stat-whore, but I generally don't care what other people think about my numbers.

« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 02:07:59 PM by Dr.Strafe »

« Reply #680 on: April 28, 2012, 02:19:29 PM »
what are posthumous kills

is it afterlife kills or something?

My TF2 Backpack of DOOM

Fetch()tirade

• serial time-waster
« Reply #681 on: April 28, 2012, 02:29:43 PM »
what are posthumous kills

is it afterlife kills or something?

I imagine it'll be afterburn kills, as pyro's the only real class that can do damage after he's dead.

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #682 on: April 28, 2012, 03:01:29 PM »
I imagine it'll be afterburn kills, as pyro's the only real class that can do damage after he's dead.
Or classes with weapons that do bleeding, or rockets that hit after you die.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #683 on: April 28, 2012, 03:02:32 PM »
I hear Detonator jumping is fun. :V
Definitely offers the Pyro more mobility. I use it mostly in VSH/FF2 however where the blast force is greatly increased, allowing for a very easy quick escape from Hale.

Posthumous kills - I think these are those 'X has been finished off by Y' kills, but I'm not sure.
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

lumber_of_the_beast

« Reply #684 on: April 28, 2012, 04:43:20 PM »
Or classes with weapons that do bleeding, or rockets that hit after you die.
As well as pipe bombs. Huntsman arrows, too, though that's probably the rarest of 'em all.

Freyband

« Reply #685 on: April 28, 2012, 11:43:56 PM »
Posthumous kills - I think these are those 'X has been finished off by Y' kills, but I'm not sure.
Posthumous = After death. X finished off by Y doesn't track what weapon killed someone (on an off note, a finished off tracker might be an interesting strange Misc item (like the gifts given one)). Posthumous is definitely one to toss on a flamethrower.
Steam - freyband
Xbox Live - Zeroxes
My TF2 Backpack

« Reply #686 on: April 29, 2012, 12:18:48 AM »
I see where you're coming from. Yeah, there are many people that inflate the kill counter on their stranges to flaunt their "epeen" around. They'll usually farm their kills on idle servers to speed that up. Honestly, I think that's ridiculous.. but that's how some people are.

Personally, I like having the kill counters on my weapons. I mainly use them as a reference to see how well I use a weapon, or how often I use it. I guess I'm a bit of a stat-whore, but I generally don't care what other people think about my numbers.
Nobody really cares too much about insane strange kill stats, due to the majority of them being farmed. I just like keeping stranges around for the classes I play most to see how many kills I get with each of their respective weapons.

There are, of course, exceptions to not caring about others' kill stats. When you can affirm the legitimacy of the kills, and the period they've had the weapon, those 17,000 kills seem a lot more impressive.

Messiah

• The Devil on The Sky~
  • In seek for the lost DotS
« Reply #687 on: April 29, 2012, 12:47:45 AM »
I buy stranges exactly to give me motivation to play some especific class and to increase the counter of the weapons. Due to the stranges I pratically play with all classes regularly - except for heavy.
Steam Profile                 Myanimelist Profile

« Reply #688 on: April 29, 2012, 12:53:09 PM »
I love stranges because I love increasing numbers, and it helps me keep track of my overall skill on that class.

it makes me feel proud that my Knife and shotgun has 1300 and 750 legitimate kills.

My TF2 Backpack of DOOM

« Reply #689 on: April 29, 2012, 05:00:44 PM »
I buy stranges exactly to give me motivation to play some especific class and to increase the counter of the weapons. Due to the stranges I pratically play with all classes regularly - except for heavy.
This too. The strange scattergun I got actually motivated me to start playing Scout. I had barely played the class before I got it.