Author Topic: Daily Touhou Best Topic Round 2  (Read 184233 times)

Re: Daily Touhou Best Topic Round 2
« Reply #150 on: October 12, 2011, 01:27:21 AM »
I'd have to say Inaba of the Moon/Earth. It's not necessarily the most adherent to canon nor is it about characters I'm interested in, but it's a nice amusing read.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #151 on: October 12, 2011, 01:30:20 AM »
The Grimoire of Marisa, prolly.
Just because extra little side stuff such as it are so entertaining for me.

KrackoCloud

• I don't mean to be greedy...
  • ... but white rice is my favorite food.
« Reply #152 on: October 12, 2011, 01:34:58 AM »
Inaba of the Moon and Earth. It was actually a pretty funny manga.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #153 on: October 12, 2011, 01:54:00 AM »
I've only ever read parts of SaBND, and only because of some discussion I got with people over Hamachi months ago. However, that means I can actually answer this question. :V So yeah, SaBND.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

MaStErSpArK94

« Reply #154 on: October 12, 2011, 07:06:52 AM »
Silent Sinner in Blue.
I'm reading it at the moment and It's quite enjoyable in my opinion.  :)

« Reply #155 on: October 12, 2011, 01:16:54 PM »
I've always wanted us to revive this topic, and here I find it one week later. Quick responses just to catch me up:

TD Character: Toyosatomimi no Miko. I really like her design and demeanor. I only wish that her fight had more enjoyable danmaku...
TD Song: Futatsuiwa from Sado. Such a playful theme, it suits Mamizou well. I like a large majority of the TD soundtrack, but I can listen to this one all day.
TD Stage: Stage 6. Music. Atmosphere. Miko.
Stage 1: UFO. I really like the general feel that this stage provides. Just flying through the sky, chasing after a mysterious ship. Oh, look. A flying mouse!
Stage 1 Boss: Nazrin. I like how her danmaku makes you scurry about to find gaps to escape. That, and Nazrin is cute.
Touhou Character: Patchouli Knowledge. I have always admired intelligence and the pursuit of knowledge.
SA Shot Type: MarisaB, or as I call it: the PatchyShot. Not because it features Patchouli, but because I like the versatility of the attack types.
Scoring System: UFO by far. It's the only system that I can do well at scoring, and actually enjoy doing so.
Official Print Media: Inaba of the Moon and Inaba of the Earth. Such a cute little series that always puts a smile on my face. If I could only reach through the monitor and strangle Tewi..

Should be caught up now. Looking forward to the next round of questions~
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 01:21:52 PM by Dr.Strafe »

DarkslimeZ

• A REIMU SLIME APPEARED.
  • COMMAND?
    • Eternal Temporality
« Reply #156 on: October 12, 2011, 01:20:30 PM »
Moon Inaba and Earth Inaba. I dunno why, I really like it. And it's the only print material Mokou is really in, so that's a bonus too.

Which reminds me, I need to get around to buying the second volume one of these days... I wonder if I can grab that Tewi figure with it?

[14:12] <~BoredTSO> you need to have enough fissile material in a certain density to reach supercriticality

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #157 on: October 12, 2011, 02:26:52 PM »
Speaking of playing the catching up game!

Ten Desires Character: Mamizou for being such an adorable troll.  Other than that... Miko, I guess; I find myself not being too attached to the TD crew sadly.  Futo gets points for the boat though.
Ten Desires Song: Small Desire's Starry Sky gives me the same adrenaline rush that Fires of Hokkai did.  Old Yuanshen, Youkai Back Shrine Road, Desire Drive, and Legend of the Great Gods come close.
Ten Desires Stage: Probably stage 5.  The stage isn't necessarily so hot but the boss fight for some reason is so fun for me.
Stage 1: Oh god uh... probably Mountain of Faith?  For some reason it's the only one I can recall off the top of my head any details about, so... oh, Subterranean's up there too.
Stage 1 Boss: Minoriko, if not solely because she somehow causes me more rage on Hard/Lunatic than most of the later bosses in any Touhou game.  Somehow.  I've grown attached.
Touhou Character Out Of Everyone Ever: Momiji.  I can't not think of her
Spoiler:
as a really hot guy
and it has left its' mark.  I'm so shallow sometimes D:  Mentions to Rinnosuke, Wriggle, Suwako, and Shinki as well.
SA Shot Type: Marisa & Patchouli, hands down.  It's so variable and multi-purpose and adds a whole extra level to the gameplay, I love it.
Scoring System: Probably SA.
Quote from: Darkslime
SO INTENSE OH GOD OH GOD ARE THOSE BULLETS GRAZING ME? NO? I BETTER MOVE CLOSER
Official Print Media: Um... probably (im)Perfect Memento in Strict Sense.  Nice thing to go digging through for information!  See also Grimoire of Alice.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #158 on: October 12, 2011, 11:33:09 PM »
On time for once \o/ Hmm...

Which animal youkai is your favorite?

You heard me. Which of the animal-type youkai girls are your favorite?

Earlier I would have said Orin, but I think Utsuho has been growing on me lately. So cool~
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #159 on: October 12, 2011, 11:51:00 PM »
Well, without taking the actual character into account, I'd say Meiling(Dragon), The Dragon or Momizi (Wolf), Dragons are simply too amazing and Wolves are my favorite irl animal, so much that if I had to put a dog in this house, it would have to be a half-wolf breed, not more, not less.

However, if you take character into consideration, it would be Remilia (Bat), or if that doesn't count, I daresay Mamizou.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 12:12:47 AM by Headphones Sacchi »

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #160 on: October 13, 2011, 12:04:44 AM »
Utsuho again. Helps that my overall favorite Touhou is an animal youkai too.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

Drake

« Reply #162 on: October 13, 2011, 12:12:17 AM »
come on this is like the third question where i have the same answer

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

« Reply #163 on: October 13, 2011, 12:26:23 AM »
I'd have to say Utsuho, if only because I've developed a fondness for crows (which developed because of Utsuho, which is sort of roundabout)

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
« Reply #164 on: October 13, 2011, 12:30:03 AM »
Hm...If we can pick mythical creatures, I'd have to say Nue.  I love her design, and she's gotten me to appreciate zettai ryouiki.  =p

As for ones based off of real animals...Another vote for the nuclear raven.  I don't subscribe to her being an idiot, and I think she's pretty cool actually, even if I've never played the full version of the game she's from.  Plus, free energy, with bonus radioactive particles!
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

KrackoCloud

• I don't mean to be greedy...
  • ... but white rice is my favorite food.
« Reply #165 on: October 13, 2011, 12:42:11 AM »
I'm kind of stuck between Reisen and Utsuho, right now, though in the past Reisen has been a little higher on the favorite scale.
Utsuho and her attacks look way cooler, but Reisen is better as a character, imo.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #166 on: October 13, 2011, 12:49:23 AM »
Momiji hands down~

XephyrEnigma

• :|
  • XephyrEnigma
« Reply #167 on: October 13, 2011, 12:56:21 AM »
I'd have to say Utsuho, if only because I've developed a fondness for crows (which developed because of Utsuho, which is sort of roundabout)
Iced-Fairy: "Danmaku is like soccer, except instead of hooligans you get fairies and the riot is before the game." 

My YouTube channel where I often screw about - Latest Upload: IN Border Team Easy Clear

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #168 on: October 13, 2011, 01:19:37 AM »
What is your favorite official Touhou print media?
Inaba2. Love Ibara Kasen, but I haven't read all that much of it to give an honest opinion.

Which animal youkai is your favorite?
Utsuho or Aya. Both are great.

« Reply #169 on: October 13, 2011, 01:22:32 AM »
I'd have to say Utsuho. Or if Mokou counts then I would pick her.

Paper Conan

• Productivity, all day 'erry day
  • NOPE, just kidding~
« Reply #170 on: October 13, 2011, 01:25:05 AM »
Nue. Being the feared, unknown being of darkness is as cool as animals will get...
well, that and Reisen II's jumping abilities. Dat stomp.

« Reply #171 on: October 13, 2011, 01:58:08 AM »
Utsuho. She's just too damn crazy not to love.

« Reply #172 on: October 13, 2011, 08:37:58 AM »
This one is a lot easier to answer than the favorite characters one.

I'm going to go Orin or Shou on this one. Kinda leaning towards Shou though since I can relate to her in some ways. A third would go to Utsuho mainly because she looks cool, has nuclear powers (though she isn't smart enough to put it to proper usage in the boss fight) but even if her stupidity makes her charming, it really does keep her from ascending from cute character to favorite character material.

MaStErSpArK94

« Reply #173 on: October 13, 2011, 12:13:47 PM »
Orin. Catgirls are awesome!   :)

« Reply #174 on: October 13, 2011, 12:38:33 PM »
Ran. Because fluffy tails.

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #175 on: October 13, 2011, 12:43:19 PM »
Orinrin. Playful as it gets, without the memeness that Chen gets.
Also because She's kinda stupid. And a corpse fucker. (Semi NSFW, also danbooru)

AxiamWolfe

• Virtual Jet Jockey too
  • 生存戦略!
« Reply #176 on: October 13, 2011, 01:07:36 PM »
Nazrin; I find her cuter than Chen for some reason.

Also, the print media question: Ibarakasen.

DarkslimeZ

• A REIMU SLIME APPEARED.
  • COMMAND?
    • Eternal Temporality
« Reply #177 on: October 13, 2011, 01:14:04 PM »
Cheeeeennnn

[14:12] <~BoredTSO> you need to have enough fissile material in a certain density to reach supercriticality

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
« Reply #178 on: October 13, 2011, 03:12:02 PM »
Orin.
Like the character design and backstory, not to mention she had both awesome stage and boss themes. :V

« Reply #179 on: October 13, 2011, 07:19:07 PM »
Actually I changed my mind - Ran is probably my favourite.