Author Topic: I ask of you, are you my master's father? Fate/Zero thread!  (Read 76408 times)

Fetch()tirade

• serial time-waster
Re: I ask of you, are you my master's father? Fate/Zero thread!
« Reply #150 on: November 21, 2011, 01:40:24 AM »
Spoiler:
Kotomine can chop down trees with his bare hands. While tied up. Discuss.

Spoiler:
Because he's Nazrin.

On the subject at hand:
Spoiler:
the tree part made no sense to me at all until I saw some power-ripple things emanating from his hands through the tree trunk. I assume he was channeling mana or something like that, but yeah. No clue.
It was still a great episode, though. And
Spoiler:
Kiritsugu is a bro, even if he is a douche to Saber sometimes.

♛ Apher-Forte

• Am I to go home...or shall I stay alone?
  • Forever lost at sea, a distant bell rings for me
    • Himitsu's NSFW Blog ~ contains NSFW material
« Reply #151 on: November 21, 2011, 06:30:58 AM »
Spoiler:
Because he's Nazrin.

On the subject at hand:
Spoiler:
the tree part made no sense to me at all until I saw some power-ripple things emanating from his hands through the tree trunk. I assume he was channeling mana or something like that, but yeah. No clue.
It was still a great episode, though. And
Spoiler:
Kiritsugu is a bro, even if he is a douche to Saber sometimes.
Spoiler:
From what I can tell, he was using a form of Tai-chi, my guess was as good, you know in Negima when they put out the theory of if you mix Chi and Magic together, your power is subtly doubled? I imagine him deep breathing and smashing that tree down with his hands tied up was part of that, he was probably channeling his prana into his hands, while at the same time using his kung fu on that shit. (heck, we know he uses Miyako's same style of attack, and it seems as with every anime character ever that knows kung fu this seems to be their choice of superior martial arts: Tai Chi style - Ba Ji Quan (usually notable with the elbow attack he gave Maiya, as no other Shaolin style martial art has that particular move *citation needed))

On another note, I now finally understand why Ciel can never finish using her goddamn swords, so it was those magic sword hilts, the rest is made of magic. Kirei's attack here seems to go against his surrender of the grail wars, isn't he afraid he might break the protection given by the judge to him?

El-useless getting his ass kicked, now that, is one hell of a way to go down, I am most surprised at how easily he was guided into this, I guess you can say he wasn't good at strategies.
  <-- my artwork thread, click me!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

Dead Princess Sakana

• E is for Elodie, who swims with the fishes.
« Reply #152 on: November 21, 2011, 08:35:59 AM »
That Kotomine part was ridiculous :V
Spoiler:
First of all, he's got bulletproof clothes apparently, church R&D department been more busy than any military. And the only reason he didn't end with a bullet in his head was because Iris and Maiya were too dumbfounded at the fact that their enemy would not give up just because his hands are tied. Seriously, 20 seconds of staring at the guy until he finally frees himself, instead of, you know, attacking? What were they expecting to happen?

Also, "Driving a car is not the only thing Kiritsugu taught me". Yeah, apparently he also taught her bondage, good going
:V

« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 08:37:48 AM by Sakana Kirisame »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #153 on: November 21, 2011, 08:49:54 AM »
Yeah, I was rather thinking that myself at the time. It's kinda bullshit how guns are useless against everything ever unless they're Outlaw Star-style casters. Like, it'd be alright if he regenerated from the damage afterward, a la Alexander Anderson (whom he pretty much is anyways), but being outright immune is kinda...yeah.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #154 on: November 21, 2011, 08:51:17 AM »
Spoiler:
'Ey, Illya had to get made somehow, right? It was shown in episode 1 that she was born like a normal person, and not magicked to life like most Homuns.
:V
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #155 on: November 21, 2011, 08:56:03 AM »
Novel Spoilers
Spoiler:
First off, Kotomine's cloak is indeed reinforced, deflecting normal bullets as nothing. Thus, his only weak spot is his head, and he covered that up. Second, Maya had the shit beat out of her, and if you saw a guy destroy a tree with physical power while his hands are tied up against the tree, you'd be stunned and scared as well. And Kotomine is indeed a master of Baji Quan, and he only used physical power to smash the tree, no magic involved. And regarding El-Melloi being lead like a sheep. Kiritsugu has been killing Magi for most of his life. He knows Magi inside and out, and they are generally a proud and very hubris filled group, especially if they come from a higher class. Thus, Kiritsugu knows what the fuck he's doing, and how to deal with them best.

Dead Princess Sakana

« Reply #156 on: November 21, 2011, 09:27:45 AM »
Spoiler:
Maiya did manage to draw a gun a minute later though, while still in the same position. There was no reason she couldn't have done it when she *needed* to, other than pure plot-convenience on Kirei's side

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #157 on: November 21, 2011, 12:10:24 PM »
Yeah, I was rather thinking that myself at the time. It's kinda bullshit how guns are useless against everything ever unless they're Outlaw Star-style casters. Like, it'd be alright if he regenerated from the damage afterward, a la Alexander Anderson (whom he pretty much is anyways), but being outright immune is kinda...yeah.

Spoiler:
Ciel can't die (though I remember she was so because she was possessed by Roa causing her body to change into that of an immortal) either, if they are capable of that how different is bulletproofing a killer like Kotomine?
He probably has some kinda magic on him, plus, he is apparrently provided for by the Judge. And his servant being 'stealth type' probably gave him ample protection with its existence alone.

Spoiler:
Maiya did manage to draw a gun a minute later though, while still in the same position. There was no reason she couldn't have done it when she *needed* to, other than pure plot-convenience on Kirei's side

Spoiler:
When you lost that much blood and struck so hard, even trained soldiers find it hard to pull a trigger without double visioning or triple visioning.
Seriously guys.
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #158 on: November 22, 2011, 09:41:08 PM »
Spoiler:
Ciel can't die (though I remember she was so because she was possessed by Roa causing her body to change into that of an immortal) either, if they are capable of that how different is bulletproofing a killer like Kotomine?
He probably has some kinda magic on him, plus, he is apparrently provided for by the Judge. And his servant being 'stealth type' probably gave him ample protection with its existence alone.
This kind of falls apart when you look at it and realize that
Spoiler:
what Roa did to Ceil was not a thing the church did itself. So no, they aren't actually capable of it. Nor, I imagine, would they want to be, given the heretical nature of magic.

As for Maiya having vision problems, we can discard this because they didn't show it. It would not have been hard to have her draw the gun, try to aim, then cut to a first person view where Maiya's vision is horribly blurred. Or have her squint and clearly have difficulties seeing him from a third person viewpoint. They didn't. They didn't really give any indications she was having any such problems, when it would be pretty easy to do so.

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #159 on: November 23, 2011, 09:52:16 AM »
Spoiler:
Well, I just figured if you are have trigger discipline it would be harder to actually just fire random shots because well, that is what discipline is about, you find the target, take aim and shoot, I reckon in her state it was just well, acceptable an explanation.

then again, likewise, it was not shown.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #160 on: November 28, 2011, 06:13:02 AM »
I will never get sick of
Spoiler:
of Rider running things over. He needs to GTA a garbage truck already.

Truly the bestest Rider.

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #161 on: November 28, 2011, 06:24:08 PM »
Spoiler:
Did Sola like give kenneth pain numbing shots or something.  How could lancer not know she forced him to give up the command seals.

Spoiler:
Also didn't Rider kill one assassin (he says two, but he might be bad at maths).

Spoiler:
Needs more berserker screen time, although I was pleased to see Rider/Waver actually do something.

Don't lynch me.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #162 on: November 28, 2011, 06:56:11 PM »
Spoiler:
His Magic Circuits are fucked up, and that also means all his nerves are as well. Not to mention he gave them to her.

Rider said two Assassins are dead: The one he just killed and the one who died in the beginning.

Berserker will have his moment soon... :3

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #163 on: November 28, 2011, 07:14:01 PM »
Spoiler:
I reckon as long as Kayneth stays in sleeping beauty mode Lancer will not notice, but he clearly is aware of his ability to attract the opposite sex, and that's how he has gotten into trouble before, perhaps this time he simply allowed himself to be fooled. (No, I don't read the fucking VN so stop spoiling it). Meanwhile, Rider doubles his awesome by ramming nightmare starfishes, and indeed, like a true seasoned warrior, no amount of spare child guts will put him down, god I love his experienced power. Oh, and that one other Assassin is a bit slow witted isn't he, I thought they are skilled stealth artists, they should be able to hit and run rather efficiently.

ActionDan

« Reply #164 on: November 28, 2011, 09:45:02 PM »
Rider's eyesight seems to be better than most other servants and is probably equal to that of assassin.  Seems like a class trait.

Don't lynch me.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #165 on: November 28, 2011, 09:49:53 PM »
Presence Concealment weakens considerably when the Servant prepares to attack, so no super stealth assassinations :V

ActionDan

« Reply #166 on: December 04, 2011, 05:13:13 AM »
Episode 10 is weird.

Can you say, Rin Tohsaka?

Don't lynch me.

yuyukos

• ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give Techies
  • ༼ つ ◕◡◕ ༽つ Techies were given.
« Reply #167 on: December 04, 2011, 06:09:38 AM »
All of my nutbladders are exploded after watching this episode.
TF2Items | TF2B | Steam | Twitter
3DS FC - 2165-6416-7852

Widermelonz

• Delicious
  • Yum
« Reply #168 on: December 05, 2011, 03:51:33 AM »
Spoiler:
Kariya
to the rescue.

Spoiler:
Man, haven't seen him for quite some time.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #169 on: December 05, 2011, 04:45:26 AM »
Spoiler:
Goddamnit ufotable, we did not need fanservice shot of Rin in the beginning.

This episode had insufficient amounts of Waver. But it's okay, because I enjoy Caster's master, too. It's amusing how few shits he has to give about what's going on.

It's interesting how in both wars, Caster had the least 'fitting' master; as neither was even a magician at all. I would say both were just normal people, but...

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #170 on: December 05, 2011, 04:49:37 AM »
Caster was attracted by the nature of his master, it seems. Or was it that they mentioned in the beginning that Caster has no one asking for him, so to fill the quota whatever powers that be decided to pull the most maniacal one and deal with it, in this case it was Murderer-kun. (does he even have a name?)

Also this episode: JEDI MASTER AND JEDI APPRENTICE, MIDICHOLRIANS, THE FORCE IS STRONG WITH THIS ONE.

Moerin

• What's punk? It's an explosion of suppressed dissatisfaction.
  • It's the roar of the soul!
« Reply #171 on: December 05, 2011, 07:28:27 AM »
Murderer-kun. (does he even have a name?)
Uryuu Ryuunosuke (or, um, Ryuunosuke Uryuu, I'm not sure what order that's supposed to be in >.<).

Y'know, that was actually a pretty nice episode.  It's good to see Kariya for the first time in forever, for one thing, and Rin is always great in my books.  It was kinda sweet to see her and her father early on.  I guess Tokiomi is a pretty good father.  Y'know, other than what he did to Sakura.

...Why couldn't he be a good father to both his daughters?
The solution to all of life's problems!

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #172 on: December 05, 2011, 07:52:32 AM »
Next Episode
Spoiler:
EPIC DRINKING CONTEST
SABER GETS HUMILIATED
RIDER BECOMES THE MOST BADASS SERVANT

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #173 on: December 05, 2011, 12:37:04 PM »

Because one of his daughters is better than the other in his eyes. The other is only good as wormfood.

He's still a mage, even if he's capable of being a good father figure. Keep in mind that Rin apparently manages to keep up a guise of being an honor student, pretending to be something or someone else is not something new to mages.

Spoiler:
Kariya continues to unimpress me. Good to know you literally unflinchingly implied you were going to kill someone's husband to their face and asked them to pray you do so. I...have a feeling there is a bit more you want than just 'playing in the park' with Mommy Tohsaka there.

I am so hoping Tokiomi kicks his ass. Typical Mage or not, the man at least has class. Kariya has over emotional stupidity and a father who wants to see him die.

Sality

« Reply #174 on: December 05, 2011, 12:43:31 PM »

Because "good" is just relative.

In my point of view, he cares for his family in his own way. Nobody knows what would happen if the grail fall into the wrong hands.
He just doesn't have other choice, really.

(though I can understand your point about Sakura, poor girl she is)

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #175 on: December 05, 2011, 04:52:49 PM »
I sort of like how Tokiomi is portrayed here yes, but it comes to mind why he would subject Sakura to that kind of treatment.
I mean, heck, what did she do to deserve it?
is it because she is not an honors student ?

Dead Princess Sakana

« Reply #176 on: December 06, 2011, 12:06:21 PM »
Dear Fate-producers,
Stop trying to use German when all you have is a dictionary and no idea how to use the language.
It makes me want to punch you.

Sincerely, Sakana

Seriously, they should have learned after F/SN, guess not. Be glad you don't understand anything of it, guys, because it's only cringeworthy.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #177 on: December 06, 2011, 12:13:56 PM »
From what I saw, some commenter or something dropped a translation.
Considering the context, it makes sense up to the end, where it just gets weird-ish.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Dead Princess Sakana

« Reply #178 on: December 06, 2011, 12:26:17 PM »
Oh, the sense is not the point here. The German spells in F/SN made sense as well. That doesn't save them from being an utter butchering of the language.
When you see an English translation of them, it will be with fixed gramma, I assure you.

Not like that doesn't happen with English often as well. You'd think people with the money to create an anime would have the little extra to get a halfway-competent translator too...

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #179 on: December 06, 2011, 01:02:07 PM »
Eh, I've learned that you can't have everything right.
I think the words were chosen more for the sound than anything else, so it could just be a happy coincidence that they happened to make a modicum of sense.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!