Author Topic: "Placeholder Sign [I can't think of a name]" (Spell Card Help Topic IV)  (Read 224224 times)

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
I think it's static, but varies a little because you can kill the enemies before they fire their bullets. So I suggest trying to kill as many of the enemies as you can.

So, since I only have five scenes left to clear, I may as well ask for help on them.

For 10-6 and EX-6, I know I'm utterly clueless.

EX-4 and EX-7...I guess I have to memorize a path, pretty much? Don't really know where to start though...

8-7 just keeps clipping me and killing me with something from out of nowhere or having a bullet be in the worst place at the worst possible time.

Any advice at all on these cards would be really appreciated.

Zil

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=20812

That's how I did EX-7. Run in circles then take pictures. It's hard to describe after that. I really wouldn't try to memorize it though since her movement is pretty random.

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
10-6 is a hard one.
Try to capture two intersecting waves plus the one on the far left. It should help a bit.

EX-6
Take a fake picture in front of Sanae when the blast starts.
Quickly get into the empty spot.
Take a real picture, and dodge the stray bullets.
Repeat.

EX-4
Very simple. Get into the lowest gap the blue ring bullets make, and just dodge horizontally.

EX-7
If you move in a clockwise fashion, you can concentrate just on the blue bullets.

8-7
One of the outermost bullet is always aimed at you.
If you move horizontally, it is unlikely that a fast bullet will kill you. (Expect for the last 2 shots)
Just take a picture of the cat when it shoots the bullets and go to the other side.
If this helps anything.
Signature

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
Wrong game  :V
He was referring to Shoot the Bullet.

I got so angry I just turned on Shoot the Bullet and beat EX-4 and EX-6 for the first time.

10-6
Just the ability to find gaps quickly in the bubbles. Practice is all I can say.

EX-6
Start from the middle-left and take a picture.
Than make your way down and right while charging full speed and following the gap between the outermost small bullet and the second outermost one.
You'll know where it is if you just move horizontally from the start.
Hopefully you'll be able to take the fifth picture before you reach the right side.

EX-4
Just static dodging.

EX-7
Suika makes 'lunging' motions, so you can try to misdirect her.
Just be careful to not make her appear outside the screen.
Suika appears about at 173, 150, 129. Hang in there.

8-7
Stream at the bottom and don't stop moving, especially at the latter half.
Go from far left to far right, and don't just take photos before you reach either edge.
At last photo Ran will be so fast she can collide with you if she comes at a steep angle, so try to move a bit more if she does.
Signature

xForeverFanaticx

• Bomb ALL the Spellcards!
d'aaaaaah >~< Second game over to Subterranean Rose... it looks easier in videos... the rings circle much faster imo >~<

Any tips with the following?

1) Rorschach in Danmaku (the spaces are so tiny ><)

2) Genetics of the Subconscious (urrrr... My latest attempt has me timing out *most* of the spell, then I die to a stray bullet)

3) Philosophy of a Hated Person (I know it's a static survival, I can get past the first part, but then the yellow diagonals and the red squares confuse me and are too fast, respectively)

Oh and yeah, I got the nonspells down now ^^

Chuckolator

• ex-perfecter, good times
1) Rorschach in Danmaku (the spaces are so tiny ><)
The major problem I had at first, that I didn't realize until I could capture it regularly, was that I was hugging the bottom. Don't be afraid to go up a bit if there are clear openings. If you're afraid of dodging a double wave, you can go to the side and dodge them one at a time as well. Pretty sure it's relatively static, so just keep at it and you'll get a feel for it eventually.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 01:51:18 AM by Seiga Kaku »
Aiming to perfect every stage in Touhou. loljk don't care anymore You can find my perfects here or here.
Best perfects so far include UFO 6, MoF 4 and IN 6A.

formerly known as Seiga Kaku

3) Philosophy of a Hated Person (I know it's a static survival, I can get past the first part, but then the yellow diagonals and the red squares confuse me and are too fast, respectively)

my strategy for the yellow wave is to start in the top right, then move left as Koishi moves along the bottom. After you just need to get back across to the right (much harder since the bullet movement opposes this).

For the red wave, its better to do the majority of it unfocused since the waves are perfectly lined up and try to move in perfectly horizontal or vertical lines toward the bottom right, then follow the square you're in back to the top left and repeat. If you can always get to the bottom right most area you should survive the last trip to the top left without getting crushed

I'm pretty consistent getting to the red wave myself but I have trouble with the last 10 seconds or so.
Current Goals: Clear all games on hard with every shottype (or team, not all solos in IN)

Remaining: EoSD 0, PCB 3, IN 0, MoF 3 (Marisa B doesn't count), SA 4, UFO all B types, TD Youmu, total 14.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
DS 12-3, after the kunai part (where you're meant to take photos)
I've weaved through the kunai and gotten there with 2 photos twice, but can't figure this part out.  I want the 1-cycle capture.

Zil

Stream up and down. You can't be too far away though. I start close to her, stream down, take a picture, stream up, then take a second picture.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
I have this annoying inability to avoid the dark-blue --> green waves of Virtue of Wind God.
What's different about that set that makes it so much more annoyingly difficult?  I just did a 4DNB timeout and all 4 deaths were to that transition.

ark

• みょん
I hope this video puts to rest any arguing over the nature of midboss Nue's attacks in UFO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Majt6HSXEWg

Zil

The blue and green waves are kind of reflections of the cyan and red waves. For example, if Kanako positions the red "flower" in a certain way, it will always unfold the same way. The petals shrink inward, curl counterclockwise, then launch outward. The green flower is the same, except it curls clockwise. Since the pattern it makes as it spreads out is theoretically the same every time while not being perfectly symmetrical, that means there is a slight difference between the green and red waves. My guess is that you're favoring a certain path through the cyan and red waves (moving left, then dodging right, etc.) that doesn't work the same way when applied to the blue and green waves.
I hope this video puts to rest any arguing over the nature of midboss Nue's attacks in UFO.
Static.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
The blue and green waves are kind of reflections of the cyan and red waves. For example, if Kanako positions the red "flower" in a certain way, it will always unfold the same way. The petals shrink inward, curl counterclockwise, then launch outward. The green flower is the same, except it curls clockwise. Since the pattern it makes as it spreads out is theoretically the same every time while not being perfectly symmetrical, that means there is a slight difference between the green and red waves. My guess is that you're favoring a certain path through the cyan and red waves (moving left, then dodging right, etc.) that doesn't work the same way when applied to the blue and green waves.
This...makes a lot of sense.  When given the option I dodge to the left.  So what I need to do is alternate between dodging left and dodging right and pray I don't get slammed by 4 converging walls.
I finally figured out Kanako's opener too (follow only the closest 2 or 3 rings, dodge those then re-position)

Anyone want to help me out with 10-6?

I have a method that gets me the first four shots (assuming I don't make mistakes, which means I'm only consistent with the first three) but I have no idea what to do from there.

I've uploaded a replay showing the method in action. Haven't gotten that close to a fifth shot since then, usually I die like 2 seconds after the fourth. Any advice for how I should get the last two? (Or at least just the fifth.)

Chuckolator

• ex-perfecter, good times
I seem to suck at all of Yuugi's nonspells, just had a run where I captured all four spellcards and died/bombed on all five of her nonspells. Second midboss was a derp, but the others are a crapshoot. Any tips?
Aiming to perfect every stage in Touhou. loljk don't care anymore You can find my perfects here or here.
Best perfects so far include UFO 6, MoF 4 and IN 6A.

formerly known as Seiga Kaku

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
You can 'read' her laser nonspells in a way, but if you don't like them just bomb them. The midboss one is a lot easier than the boss one, though; the red lasers are aimed (or something) and the blue lasers aren't as threatening as the ones during the boss.

The first nonspell is clippy and horrible but you should be able to clear the yellow waves by going through ~1 yellow stream of bullets and the green waves by going through none (just by going to wherever they lead you to).
The third nonspell should be over after two 'waves' with full power, in which you avoid the first by going close and the second by... ending the nonspell. If you don't have enough power just bomb. There are plenty of ways to cheese this one, actually. You might want to consult replays.

I seem to suck at all of Yuugi's nonspells, just had a run where I captured all four spellcards and died/bombed on all five of her nonspells. Second midboss was a derp, but the others are a crapshoot. Any tips?
The first non-spell's blue rays are static, and so is the first wave of her fourth one. Invest some time in practice mode and look for a spot you can exploit everytime. The rest in her fourth non-spell is quick reading and dodging, unfortunately; though not as bad as the gaps are noticeable bigger.

PapillonReel

• Liquid Snake
  • I'm actually pretty patient.
So: EoSD's Extra stage. Any tips? This is what I've got so far - Royal Flare and those books near the end of the stage are probably the biggest issues I'm having so far, so any tips there would really help.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 11:07:34 PM by PapillonReel »

So: EoSD's Extra stage. Any tips? This is what I've got so far - Royal Flare and those books near the end of the stage are probably the biggest issues I'm having so far, so any tips there would really help.
First of all, bombing more might be a good idea. All of your deaths were with bombs in stock, and that's what hurts more than anything else. You really, really don't need to capture everything. To give some perspective, my first successful EoSD Extra clear had one spell card bonus (Lavatein).

Second, those fairies that come before and after the books can be dealt with by very simple slow streaming. That bomb against the pre-books wave shouldn't have been necessary. Just focus on streaming the middle aimed pellets, the ones on the sides shouldn't hit you if you're moving slowly.

And finally, Kagome Kagome. Try to stay within the area Flandre allows you, stick to big gaps, and bomb if you have to.

Apart from that, you generally had the right idea for most things. Good luck!

PapillonReel

• Liquid Snake
  • I'm actually pretty patient.
Yeah, the bomb-hoarding is... a very bad habit I need to break. That said, it's just so fun getting those spell card bonuses, but I guess they don't really matter if I don't actually make it to the end of the stage.  :V

In any case, thanks for the tips! The tip for the fairies should help me save a bomb or two. One last thing: is there any specific trick to the fairy before Patchouli, or is that pretty much a case of micrododge and hope for the best?

xForeverFanaticx

• Bomb ALL the Spellcards!
DAH. Fck. I need some more encouragement and help to actually stop hugging the wall in Rorschach... And I need to figure out a fairly good path to follow for Genetics.

On the up-side, I captured ID and Super Ego both on the same run relatively calmly~ ^^

Hmm... Well, Rorschach doesn't really have any tricks to it. It's just a dodging spell. My advice to you is to not hug walls at any time but to sit under Koishi the entire time and dodge as well as you can. Sometimes she will throw something that looks like a wall at you, then you must be quick and look at how the bullets are positioned further to the side and dodge there instead.

Genetics. The path that I use is stay under Koishi as much as possible and for situations where she comes down to you, go to the opposite corner. It's pretty easy to tell when she's coming down to you. You need to split your attention between constantly keeping an eye on her (which doesn't require much attention) and then focus the rest of your attention on dodging the bullets.

Both are pretty much just dodging but practice helps making them easier.

Oh my God. Stage 5 Lunatic on UFO? Everything especially the boss and the stage itself.

This is actually the most hardest stage i've ever come across. Countless of continue's used on this section and yet i have not cleared it to unlock it.

Usually i tend to go for Red/Green UFO's. But sometimes go for rainbow and blue if there are non of the ones i need.

Thanks~

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
Not much in the way of strategy here, really. Memorize the spawns of the big arrow fairies after the initial two fairies, then memorize the three static fairies and the orbs that come afterwards. Shou's first spell is static-ish (though imo if you want to unlock just bomb it). Everything else is dodgedodgedodge!

Critz

• Heartwarming ★ Miracle
Maybe not a danmaku question this time, but... Hot Jupiter Descent Model on Lunatic?
I want a 1cc, and the last time I've played, I had no spellcards left by the time I got to Okuu and got creamed despite having all lives left. I guess that the best way would saving a spellcard like 9 Syllable Stabs grid for it and I know it's Lunatic, but still, how in the fucking hell does one survive this (and I'm not even sure if grid SC would be enough, and if I try Forgotten Ritual for invulnerability, I will get raped the moment it ends)? The suns block bullets and prevent them from reaching Okuu and damaging her at all, and as soon as I have to land, it's either block and be crushed or fly down, graze through the suns for a second, then get raped...
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 01:54:54 PM by Critz »

SuccinctAndPunchy

• Fear The Melon!
  • I would murder all of you for a cup of tea.
Scene 5-5 in Double Spoiler.

Made it this far at 90FPS, but I just cannot figure out what the fuck with this one.

It's just random bullshit laser spam, what's the trick?

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
Scene 5-5 in Double Spoiler.

Made it this far at 90FPS, but I just cannot figure out what the fuck with this one.

It's just random bullshit laser spam, what's the trick?
Dodge and get lucky.  That's how I did it at 90 FPS.  I suppose it's worse when Unzan is to the left, but it's not worth prolonging the card.
6-5 is equally bad when you get there, everything else is doable up to then.