Author Topic: Touhou 13: 東方 神霊廟 ~ Ten Desires. Full desired article. [spoiler warning]  (Read 147702 times)

AJS

• Danmakufu Scripter
Now you got me imagining Mamizou singing Great Balls of Fire.

I hope you are happy.
And now you got me imagining Mamizou stating in a rough voice that she possesses two spherical objects of a metal nature.

Cannot un-imagine.

I really hope you're happy with what you've done...

Metaflare

• Happening Cat of the Middle of Nowhere
  • Welp is not a good nickname
Mamizou Nukem Forever (Will be released Winter 2011 2012 2014 TBA)

AxiamWolfe

• Virtual Jet Jockey too
  • 生存戦略!
Is it just me or did Yoshika's last spellcard get a tweak after 1.00b or 1.00c patch? At least on normal, in the trial the blue spirits appeared in a ring around her; same with 1.00a. After the patches, they instead appear mostly to the her sides.

Tamashii Kanjou

• If you didn't quite already know...
  • I am the leader of TCF <3
    • TCF's Gaming Channel
Hmm, nice to see I wasn't the only one who noticed that.

It has made capturing that card a little more annoying. Most of my captures on that card, now, have been with 1 second to go.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
Actually it's not just to her sides. They still appear all around her, except IIRC the ones directly above and below are practically right on top of her when they spawn. As if it wasn't already hard enough trying to get a good portion of the spirits before she ate them, the patches just made the card significantly harder to capture (because you only have time to collect spirits from one side, as opposed to two or more if you're fast enough in v1.00a). I've yet to get even close to depleting all of her health on Lunatic with Reimu. Thank God that card doesn't give up life or bomb spirits anyway, so it's not like a time-out is gonna totally ruin my scoring path or anything.

EDIT: Welp, I got a capture. I had to dodge the kunai way up high to have a legit chance of getting through the lasers in time to collect stuff. And it still brought me down to a few seconds on the timer before it ended. I'm still not fond of this change.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 12:51:50 AM by ふねん1 »
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
Is it me or was Youmu designed to give you a really hard time with Yoshika's first card? Her slashes keep hitting the spirits on the sides, and her myons can't deal enough damage in a timely fashion :<

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

Derpface

• Don't worry universe, I will (ahn~♥) protect you...
  • Ke-he-he-he-he!
Is it me or was Youmu designed to give you a really hard time with Yoshika's first card? Her slashes keep hitting the spirits on the sides, and her myons can't deal enough damage in a timely fashion :<

Yep. Thought the same myself, Youmu will just have to time it out or something(something as in kill it with the myons through careful dodging), the slashes are so wide they end up healing Yoshika more than they hurt her.

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
Well, there is at one last option. Just bomb or trance it. It will not work very well for score.

Why did Youmu have to be so... odd to play as. My first playthrough I went into focus and had no idea why I wasn't shooting anything anymore. The first couple times I would leave focus mode before I even finished charging xP  I guess you just gotta learn trying and failing repeatedly.

Formless God

Yoshika's first card can still be captured unfocused. Another alternative is to position yourself between her and one of the Myon so that your slash hits both. Collect the spirit it releases before Yoshika consumes them. Note that after you kill six of them, they stop spawning until you kill one on the other side.

[K]KoaMeow

• Pudding!
  • kyaaaaaaaaa~
    • M3 BM Fan Translation
Huh. That explains why in one of my runs the spirits on her left didn't respawn.

Nem

• Grrrr!
  • Gimmie money!
What I do is attack Yoshika with Youmu's slashes until the spirits spawn. When the spirits spawn, I start unloading unfocused shots on Yoshika. When it's unsafe to dodge the spirits' bullets unfocused, I strafe to the left and kill the spirits on the left with slashes. After the spirits are destroyed, I ignore the blue spirits as I'm too slow to collect them without risking a life. It's safe to use slashes as long as the right spirits are out of range of the slashes. As long as the right spirits remain alive, Yoshika cannot outheal Youmu's damage.

Since when did the spirits spawn at Yoshika's sides during her final spellcard? I could've sworn they spawned in a circle around her in the demo.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
Since when did the spirits spawn at Yoshika's sides during her final spellcard? I could've sworn they spawned in a circle around her in the demo.
Is it just me or did Yoshika's last spellcard get a tweak after 1.00b or 1.00c patch? At least on normal, in the trial the blue spirits appeared in a ring around her; same with 1.00a. After the patches, they instead appear mostly to the her sides.

game2011

• magneiptVE
    • Unsurpassed ??asual Dating - Real Women
What's parallel ending?

Thanks in advance!

TMiles

• Let's party!
Paralel Ending is a ending that is just some funny text or some crazy ideas like
Spoiler:
Sanae convering to Taoism
,you unlock them after beating Extra, to get them you need to end Miko's battle with 3 or more bombs.

God Miko's battle is so fun, I love the Eternal Meek one and the penultimate spell. The Non Spells aren't that good, but they are decent, her first spellcard would be better without the bullets disappearing, the one with Futo and Soga felt really dumb to me. The last one is pretty easy and would be better if it worked like Mamizou Second Spell.

But the music is awesome and her design too, loved her the minute I finished her battle :3

That Eternal Meek spellcard turns her into a disco ball and the spellcard before it basically shows the lights on the disco's floor when you rotate one of those disco balls. I think I know where ZUN designed her now...

AJS

• Danmakufu Scripter
That Eternal Meek spellcard turns her into a disco ball and the spellcard before it basically shows the lights on the disco's floor when you rotate one of those disco balls. I think I know where ZUN designed her now...
First Kanako with her rave lights, now Miko. :V  Those headphones of hers certainly don't help either.  inb4fanartwithKanakoandMikohostingarave.

ふとくていなねこじょおう

• Cirno Kisaragi
  • When Ice Cars completely miss the intended target
First Kanako with her rave lights, now Miko. :V  Those headphones of hers certainly don't help either.  inb4fanartwithKanakoandMikohostingarave.

Put dancing queen Iku into the equation and it's a party.  :getdown:
"I'm not sure about this anymore...Are you sure this is safe?"

"Absolutely! This is 100% safe! ...Not."

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
This is kinda random, but I don't know anywhere to put this.

Lately as I've been listening to the stage 6 theme, I can't help but be reminded a certain unused song from LLS:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtyoR0QIXNg

They don't even really sound that similar, but I feel like A Small Desire's Starry Sky has the same kind of energy as this final stage theme would have given LLS had it been used. I wonder if anyone else would think the same way...?
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
Not sure why people keep calling Miko's 5th spellcard "like Eternal Meek" seeing as it's absolutely nothing like Eternal Meek.

AJS

• Danmakufu Scripter
Not sure why people keep calling Miko's 5th spellcard "like Eternal Meek" seeing as it's absolutely nothing like Eternal Meek.
At first glance, it looks like it, but after facing it a few times, I realized that there is actually a pattern to it, whereas Eternal Meek is completely random.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
At first glance, it looks like it, but after facing it a few times, I realized that there is actually a pattern to it, whereas Eternal Meek is completely random.
Plus Guse Flash actually looks cool while Eternal Meek does not.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

Paralel Ending is a ending that is just some funny text or some crazy ideas like
Spoiler:
Sanae convering to Taoism
,you unlock them after beating Extra, to get them you need to end Miko's battle with 3 or more bombs.

So parallel endings are just a joke end ? :wat:
Spoiler:
Since they all sort of try to become hermits in them; and youmu sports a moustache

warpshadow

• I get it
    • anifanatikku
I have two questions about the game
1.Is there any new Youmu memes due to Ten Desires?
2.Who is Marisa's new girlfriend? I think she picks up a new one every game she is in.
Gensokyo Everyday's story My Touhou fangame http://gensokyosnack.blogspot.com/

Metaflare

• Happening Cat of the Middle of Nowhere
  • Welp is not a good nickname
I have two questions about the game
1.Is there any new Youmu memes due to Ten Desires?
2.Who is Marisa's new girlfriend? I think she picks up a new one every game she is in.

1: Too soon to tell
2: No one

Khaotic Ace

• 8l I forgot about a lot of sites thanks to tumblr.

Lately as I've been listening to the stage 6 theme, I can't help but be reminded a certain unused song from LLS:

They don't even really sound that similar, but I feel like A Small Desire's Starry Sky has the same kind of energy as this final stage theme would have given LLS had it been used. I wonder if anyone else would think the same way...?
*glass shatters* I hear it. o-o

AND WHAT'S THIS ABOUT
Spoiler:
YOUMU WITH A MOUSTACHE?

AxiamWolfe

• Virtual Jet Jockey too
  • 生存戦略!

Your right, they do sound similar in that sense. Also note the same "pause before more of the song kicks in" that occurs at about 0:28 in both songs.

ZUN's pulling old ideas back out it seems.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
ZUN does draw from a series of chord progression pastiches that he has used in the past to create new songs. This doesn't mean his new songs are just pieces of old ones; new songs might have a couple or a few musical phrases from old songs tossed in there, here and there.

Keep in mind though that ZUN is a musician, really - every game CD, some of them released a couple times in a year - has a collection of songs on it. How many musicians can boast that kind of output? So it's natural he would lift older phrases from older songs here and there to help support new material.

And when he does compose a song that's both completely new and very good, the results are astonishing.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

AJS

• Danmakufu Scripter
And when he does compose a song that's both completely new and very good, the results are astonishing.
That's not to say, though, that just because he "lifts some older phrases" that some of his songs aren't still good. :D

ふとくていなねこじょおう

• Cirno Kisaragi
  • When Ice Cars completely miss the intended target
ZUN really knows how to take something and make something completely new. I mean, look at Necrofantasy and Necrofantasia. Best example I can give you. Even though the latter was essentially a remix of the first, they're absolutely different. Even ZUN himself makes note of that.
"I'm not sure about this anymore...Are you sure this is safe?"

"Absolutely! This is 100% safe! ...Not."