Author Topic: Touhou 13: 東方 神霊廟 ~ Ten Desires (It's out! Beware of spoilers!)  (Read 255171 times)

Re: Touhou 13: 東方 神霊廟 ~ Ten Desires (It's out! Beware of spoilers!)
« Reply #480 on: August 13, 2011, 07:39:37 AM »
I like most of the pictures I've seen so far. But if you need less life pieces to get 1ups I fear this is going to be another one of the games you can 1cc dodging only the trivial parts.

Oh well, what do I care. The meat of the games for me is perfecting stuff and timing things out anyway. Also, hooray for no Mima. Thats another of my own Ten Desires fulfilled.

Shin Rokuren

• - 秘剣 -
  • 「ツバメ六連」
« Reply #481 on: August 13, 2011, 07:39:57 AM »
Spoiler:
extra boss confirmed to be first megane windows char BV

If this is true, WISH GRANTED! XD

« Reply #482 on: August 13, 2011, 07:44:09 AM »
I like most of the pictures I've seen so far. But if you need less life pieces to get 1ups I fear this is going to be another one of the games you can 1cc dodging only the trivial parts.

Oh well, what do I care. The meat of the games for me is perfecting stuff and timing things out anyway. Also, hooray for no Mima. Thats another of my own Ten Desires fulfilled.

Apparently the number of picies you need for lives increases after each life. First 8, then 10, then 15 and so on.

« Reply #483 on: August 13, 2011, 07:45:21 AM »
I think the original character was a
Spoiler:
Male
. Doesn't mean Zun could have
Spoiler:
changed his gender
So you mean the final boss character is
Spoiler:
male??
or what???

Formless God

« Reply #484 on: August 13, 2011, 07:46:01 AM »
Such delicious tears, man, such delicious tears.

Good. I hate her.
Spoiler:
She stole Mima's spot, AND she stole Flandre's theme music.
Fuck Nue, fuck that Tanuki, and fuck ZUN.
No. I'm fucking pissed as hell. What was all that talk about a resurrection? And revenge? He DELIBERATELY made it sound as if Mima was going to return.
And then he pulls this shit.
Spoiler:
A Tanuki?
WHAT THE FUCK.
Even Kasen Ibara would've made more sense! I'd rather have had her if Mima wasn't an option!

[Momiji]:  Spoiler tags?  WHAT THE FUCK
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 07:49:13 AM by Momiji »

game2011

• magneiptVE
    • Unsurpassed ??asual Dating - Real Women
« Reply #485 on: August 13, 2011, 07:54:45 AM »
I just read
Spoiler:
Seiga's
profile on Touhou Wiki.

Spoiler:
inb4NEETjokespairingherwithKaguya

EDIT:
So you mean the final boss character is
Spoiler:
male??
or what???
She's female, it's just that ZUN based her off an actual male character.

EDIT 2: After reading some of the profiles, I have to say that this game's backstory is rather dark compared to the previous games...
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 07:57:52 AM by game2011 »

Spaztique

• Writer, Animator, Easy Mode Advocate
« Reply #486 on: August 13, 2011, 08:00:28 AM »
Give any Touhou plot synopsis, and you know anyone can associate it with Mima.

-Someone from the Netherworld stole spring, and it's probably a ghost. It must be Mima.
-Someone wants to shut down the Hakurei shrine. It must be Mima.
-Someone's locked away in the Earth threatening to destroy Gensokyo. It must be Mima.
-There's a magician sealed in the depths of Makai. It must be Mima.

And just watch...

"Touhou 14 announced. It'll have somebody who isn't very fond of Gensokyo as the antagonist."
"MIMA!!!"
Making Touhou music and actually-pretty-decent Walfas animations since 2011!

Formless God

« Reply #487 on: August 13, 2011, 08:05:20 AM »
Oh snap, sorry, I just copied pasta the entire thing, I didn't notice the character names in there.

What is Overdrive ?

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #488 on: August 13, 2011, 08:08:16 AM »
I wish we could see the face of that guy who posted that video just days after Touhou13's trial release with the mima BG music, calling her a "holy spirit" and m-bison YESing at the end.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #489 on: August 13, 2011, 08:09:55 AM »
What is Overdrive ?
Ultra-Lunatic mode?

Hopefully it has this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7JX-EK2vRs
Reisen confirmed for OVERDRIVE MODO! :getdown:
If this played and the danmaku came extremely quickly and en masse, I would instantly go and buy this game just to get this level and get OVERDRIVE'd within 2 seconds. :getdown:

C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

« Reply #490 on: August 13, 2011, 08:12:30 AM »
Oh snap, sorry, I just copied pasta the entire thing, I didn't notice the character names in there.

What is Overdrive ?

A harder-than-lunatic variant of a spellcard. I'm not entirely sure what you do to unlock it, I unlocked Yuyuko's after capturing the specific card on both Hard and Lunatic, but it could be a "capture X many cards" deal that I triggered while clearing to the card on Hard.

« Reply #491 on: August 13, 2011, 08:14:33 AM »
Apparently the number of picies you need for lives increases after each life. First 8, then 10, then 15 and so on.

Yes. That was the case with the demo too except higher numbers. I'm interested in seeing how many lives I can get out of the entire game. Probably somewhere around MoF/EoSD level. Which would be a good thing for those looking for a challenge in their 1cc's outside of scoring and performing well.

« Reply #492 on: August 13, 2011, 08:26:12 AM »
A harder-than-lunatic variant of a spellcard. I'm not entirely sure what you do to unlock it, I unlocked Yuyuko's after capturing the specific card on both Hard and Lunatic, but it could be a "capture X many cards" deal that I triggered while clearing to the card on Hard.

Funny thing, I saw someone capture the overdrive of that spellcard without even moving. Though apparently you have to be lucky for that to work.

Byaaakuren

• Youkai Jesus, Queen of the Monks
    • Animu List
« Reply #493 on: August 13, 2011, 08:31:58 AM »
...remove that, 9Kitsuki

I thank my friend for the sig <3
My noob replays :V
Tumblr (I post NSFW stuff there)

« Reply #494 on: August 13, 2011, 08:34:08 AM »

Is it something you unlock for spell practice or does it by chance replace the lunatic version of the card or something? You know, kinda like how Exceed 2nd upgrades rank based on your performance?

« Reply #495 on: August 13, 2011, 08:36:09 AM »
Is it something you unlock for spell practice or does it by chance replace the lunatic version of the card or something? You know, kinda like how Exceed 2nd upgrades rank based on your performance?

What is Overdrive ?

You can choose either of em I'm guessing.

9Kitsuki

« Reply #496 on: August 13, 2011, 08:39:01 AM »
D-did I do something wrong by posting the link..? ;~;

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #497 on: August 13, 2011, 08:40:35 AM »
Damnit, damnit, damnit.

The full version still gives me the crash on leaving the Spirit World D:

I think I might take up cheating to lock my spirit gauge to 0, if someone can find a way to do that - that should prevent me from entering the spirit world and at least let me use lives like normal; otherwise I'm forced into 1-life-clearing the game D:

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #498 on: August 13, 2011, 08:40:49 AM »
D-did I do something wrong by posting the link..? ;~;

READ THE RULES BOARD, ESPECIALLY THE ONE ABOUT PIRACY.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

« Reply #499 on: August 13, 2011, 08:44:31 AM »
For TH14 it may be necessary to hand out bans for rage over supposed Mima red herrings during the first week or so after release unless ZUN himself mentions her return in the lead-up.  The outbursts really spoil discussion.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #500 on: August 13, 2011, 08:45:42 AM »
Anything is a red herring to some of those people.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

« Reply #501 on: August 13, 2011, 08:45:52 AM »
After messing around some more, I unlocked Kyouko's overdrive. It seems you have to capture every single variant of the card, from easy to lunatic, to access it. Once I unlocked it, any character was able to play it.

It seems to be spell practice only. If it's accessible through Lunatic play by playing well, well I'm not good enough to do it :P

« Reply #502 on: August 13, 2011, 08:48:04 AM »
Am i the only one that can't clear Extra because the game crashes after the survival?
Youtube

[07:02] <SeppoMobile> You be a superplayer, I'm a superfaggot

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
« Reply #503 on: August 13, 2011, 08:56:04 AM »
Am i the only one that can't clear Extra because the game crashes after the survival?

The Nico Livestreamer seemed to crash right when the survival card ended too (it was close to 0 seconds from what I remember). He was in death trance at the time so I thought that's what contributed to the fatal error rather than the card's timer ending.

« Reply #504 on: August 13, 2011, 08:56:37 AM »
I love the extra boss,
Spoiler:
both her theme and spell cards are so lulzy

Spoiler:
Anyone feel that the stage 6 boss' final spell is the easiest of the series? I captured it on my first try on Hard, and I almost never do the same for any of the other stage 6 bosses even though I know what's coming. I did have a few close calls though. As a sidenote, the stage 5 midboss first spell card scares the shit out of me.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 09:04:05 AM by PideTaramox »

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #505 on: August 13, 2011, 08:59:46 AM »
Hard 1cc first try. The first three stages sucked ass, but the last three are incredible.  :D

For anyone worrying that resources were going to be strict, you can stop. It's still not very difficult but hey, what can you do.
Also, this has got to be the easiest final spell in Touhou ever.

« Reply #506 on: August 13, 2011, 09:09:34 AM »
If you can't read no moonspeak, I've got news for you, son: I've got ten desires, and a translation was one.

(Only Reimu's scenario and no Extra for now since I had to use my own playthrough, being that there's no scripts out there as far as I can find. That took way too long, so hopefully there'll be scripts tomorrow. Oh, and I'm really not sure about "Crown Prince" (太子様).)

Formless God

« Reply #507 on: August 13, 2011, 09:11:55 AM »
9 credits yay

For anyone worrying that resources were going to be strict, you can stop. It's still not very difficult but hey, what can you do.
Also, this has got to be the easiest final spell in Touhou ever.
Got it on my first try in Lunatic too. It's just ... move up, then move down, then move up again :V

How many lives can you get in this game ? I get loads of bombs but my lives stock never went past 5.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #508 on: August 13, 2011, 09:15:23 AM »
If you can't read no moonspeak, I've got news for you, son: I've got ten desires, and a translation was one.
Have I ever mentioned how much of a bro you are?

Because you are.

(Also, DEATHBOMBING WORKS YESSSS)

Formless God

« Reply #509 on: August 13, 2011, 09:19:52 AM »
(Also, DEATHBOMBING WORKS YESSSS)
It's still buggy. I hit bomb when I ran into a bullet, but I got thrown into Trance and lost 1 bomb instead.