Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments - Twelfth Desire  (Read 208479 times)

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
Re: Touhou Accomplishments - Twelfth Desire
« Reply #540 on: September 18, 2011, 09:48:27 PM »
No-death Sakuya, Normal mode.
Also finally captured Marionette. A lot of running around wildly to escape unpassable walls was involved and I somehow caught it just before the card timed out on me.
Seriously, Youmu is way easier. It's taken me like 5 months to accomplish this (though I wasn't trying all that time) and I unintentionally cleared Youmu like this about a month after I got PCB. That game is way easier, but Yuyuko still forces me to spew out my lives and bombs.
I  recently got a random perfect (fine, no death no bomb) of EoSD Stage 5, normal.  In an actual run.  I had no bombs going into the stage, and just never got hit.  I timed out Marionette there though.

« Reply #541 on: September 19, 2011, 12:00:00 AM »
Apollo 13 Lunatic timeout

since it seems that i can't pay attention to the game this took three hundred attempts
Youtube

[07:02] <SeppoMobile> You be a superplayer, I'm a superfaggot

« Reply #542 on: September 19, 2011, 01:42:23 PM »
In chronological order...

Emperor of the East Capture. This was easier than I thought.

Unreasonable Butterfly Storm Capture. Oh gosh the number of tries it took to get this (History is over 100)

Fantasy Heaven Unlocked. WTF I was expecting to unlock Blazing Star from capturing stuff with Marisa solo(Oh and f you Earth Light Ray. Can't believe that took over 70 tries)

Apollo 13 Captured on Hard. I told my brother I'd do it in under 50. I did it in 48 tries

And Eirin's Last Word captured in 5 tries, unlocking Tewi's.

Just a little question. For Remillia's what does it mean by 30 last spells across all characters. Because I have more than 50 from Border and Magic team alone. Do multiples of the same difficulty not count? Or perhaps the same spell on different difficulties is not counted?

EDIT: Just got to Kaguya's 3rd nonspell in IN Hard. Also captured Saigyouji Flawless Nirvana earlier. The best part: Captured during Chinese lesson, with the computer at a weird angle
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 09:36:42 AM by GuppyForce »

« Reply #543 on: September 19, 2011, 05:39:23 PM »
(another accomplishment which would seem pathetic on any other game)
Beat Lunatic Remilia in practice mode.

Byaaakuren

• Youkai Jesus, Queen of the Monks
    • Animu List
« Reply #544 on: September 19, 2011, 08:39:34 PM »

Just a little question. For Remillia's what does it mean by 30 last spells across all characters. Because I have more than 50 from Border and Magic team alone. Do multiples of the same difficulty not count? Or perhaps the same spell on different difficulties is not counted?

Multiples do not count. You need to capture 30 different last spells.
Spoiler:
3 last spells in stages 1 - 5 each, so that's 18 already. 4 in 6A, 20 in 6B, and 1 in Extra. So out of 43 last spells, capture any 30 of them.

I thank my friend for the sig <3
My noob replays :V
Tumblr (I post NSFW stuff there)

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #545 on: September 20, 2011, 09:12:16 AM »
Embodiment of Scarlet Devil lunatic 1cc.
I can NOT believe I just did that...I'm shaking a little and my heart is pounding a million miles a minute.
So what if I started with max lives, I still 1cced lunatic.
On my first time getting past Remilia's first spell.
Scarlet Gensoyko was handled with 1 life in stock, which was lost due to a wall.
Capped Vampire Illusion, somehow.

Replay: http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=16000
Cool, it's the 16000th replay uploaded.

« Reply #546 on: September 20, 2011, 10:19:15 AM »
Multiples do not count. You need to capture 30 different last spells.
Spoiler:
3 last spells in stages 1 - 5 each, so that's 18 already. 4 in 6A, 20 in 6B, and 1 in Extra. So out of 43 last spells, capture any 30 of them.
Hourai Elixir captured on hard, and got to Kaguya's 3rd nonspell in IN Hard, and captured Saigyouji Flawless Nirvana

And Scarlet Destiny is now unlocked. :)

EDIT: Captured Possessed by Phoenix too! Managed the circling method for the 2nd phase on the first try, though I still can't get the "tap as little as possible" way. Now just to get a good extra run...
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 02:01:00 PM by GuppyForce »

DgBarca

• Umineko fuck yeah
  • Spoilers ?
« Reply #547 on: September 20, 2011, 12:07:58 PM »
Basically
http://youtu.be/vNrHuEm_O6Y and
http://youtu.be/DrZbc3rEUxk
...silly speed, Youmu last spell however is even harder that eirin's.
[21:16] <redacted> dgbarca makes great work
[21:16] <redacted> i hope he'll make a full game once

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #548 on: September 20, 2011, 02:43:52 PM »
Freakin' finally.
It took me two years of work. Two long years.
But I finally eked out a 1CC on EoSD's Easy mode.
Had a great gothrough up until Meiling, then derp'd twice on her.
Then I had a good gothrough of stage 4, didn't even need to bomb the non-directional lasers. But I still flubbed up near the end of Lava Cromlech ~Easy~.
And then there was Sakuya.....That annoying maid. She's been the bane of my runs for ages.

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=16004

Any thoughts, or tips on how to improve?
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

Kliff

• Student of Danmaku
« Reply #549 on: September 20, 2011, 04:59:33 PM »
Don't know how I did it.  Really don't know how I did it, except maybe tightening up my play through stages 3-5, but I can now add Subterranean Animism to my list of 1CC'd games.

Cleared with Reimu/Yukari on Normal, once again at 0 lives to spare like most of my first-1CCs.

This leaves me with one more to go.  Oh, dear.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 05:07:00 PM by Kliff »

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #550 on: September 21, 2011, 01:12:40 AM »
10D lunatic 1cc with Reimu!
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=16012

Omg finally did it. Thanks to that 18-piece extend after I got out of Guse Flash 0/0, I didn't have to punch my screen in despair.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #551 on: September 21, 2011, 01:52:53 AM »
Randomly tried to no focus normal Mountain of Faith with ReimuB, despite stupid deaths (with bombs in stock!) to Pain Flow, Monster Cucumber, Aya's second nonspell and Illusionary Dominance, as well as a derp moment at the beginning of Stage 5 (the kunai fairies+PoC= bad idea).  I ended up dying only to Miracle of Otensui following that though, so I still finished with 2 lives.  Made up for failing the final spell in my original no focus clear of MoF by capturing it.

Now excuse me while I continue my bad idea of no focus MoF extra.  I will get past you Froggy Braves the Elements... as soon as I stop having 2+ derps per run. 
EDIT: After one REALLY good attempt which failed with about 2-4 seconds left on Mishaguji-sama with a bomb in stock, I can do this.

« Reply #552 on: September 21, 2011, 10:17:46 AM »
First 1cc of SA with Reimu A on normal. Screwed up badly on Orin but still ended with.,.

FOUR LIVES LEFT IN STOCK

SA joins MoF and PCB with "Games I 1cc'd for the first time with awesome runs". And that's all the main Windows games 1cc'd on normal! Now on to extra, hard, and more normal 1ccs for different characters!

EDIT: Just realised what those three games have in common. Their scoring is adversely affected by deaths. So extra perfectionism for them I guess leads to overkill runs?

EDIT2: Damn, Koishi looks so easy in the videos. Release of the Id and Superego are way harder when you're doing it yourself. And I assume Rosharch and Genetics would be like this too
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 01:00:44 PM by GuppyForce »

J.O.B

• YOU CAN'T MAKE ME CHANGE
« Reply #553 on: September 21, 2011, 11:30:09 AM »
First 1cc of SA with Reimu A on normal. Screwed up badly on Orin but still ended with.,.
FOUR LIVES LEFT IN STOCK
Just like my first SA Hard 1cc. Four lives in stock at the end (I think).

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #554 on: September 21, 2011, 01:10:54 PM »
Just like my first SA Hard 1cc. Four lives in stock at the end (I think).
Mine had only 1 left at the end.
but my Stage 6 run was so epic because it was blind and started with no lives in stock.

I managed to capture High Sensitivity Nazrin Pendulum twice in a row, and Parasol Star Memories (hard) 4 times in a row.  If only I could stop choking on Ichirin...

« Reply #555 on: September 21, 2011, 02:48:40 PM »
I freaking captured Metal Fatigue!
*crickets*
Yeah, that spell card may seem really easy to some people but it caused me endless grief. I now have all Normal mode cards in EoSD captured. The last stage 4 card I need to get is Silver Dragon. (Metal Fatigue's hard mode couterpart, surprise surprise)

Kliff

• Student of Danmaku
« Reply #556 on: September 21, 2011, 03:22:46 PM »
Went with an easier clear this time - Using the Scarlet Team, I finally scored a 1CC of Imperishable Night's FinalA route.  This leaves Byakuren as my final target.

« Reply #557 on: September 21, 2011, 03:56:35 PM »
Cleared MoF extra with ultra patch and no focus using ReimuA. Finished shamefully at my last life with only 1 bomb left, after reaching Misaguji-sama with 1 extra and full power. Managed to capture Kanako's third card like this.
"you never know, you may have the best strats in the world" - Zil

Immortal Momiji!

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #558 on: September 21, 2011, 04:33:46 PM »
Cleared MoF extra with ultra patch and no focus using ReimuA. Finished shamefully at my last life with only 1 bomb left, after reaching Misaguji-sama with 1 extra and full power. Managed to capture Kanako's third card like this.
Would you say the ultra patch's autobombing made it easier or harder than the non ultra version with the same challenge?
I want to try some ultra modes but can't patch the games *sigh*.

On topic, finally captured Mishaguji-sama.  Only Suwa War remains for MoF extra spells.

« Reply #559 on: September 21, 2011, 06:01:27 PM »
Would you say the ultra patch's autobombing made it easier or harder than the non ultra version with the same challenge?

Someone did a perfect run of MoF extra no focus, so I'd say that playing without the ultra patch is easier. But if the player doesn't know how to bomb manually it could probably be harder.

Immortal Momiji!

« Reply #560 on: September 21, 2011, 06:02:23 PM »
Now that I'm finally done with that project I have finished recording it and finding some BGM for it. Here it is.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfcf1Jcf7Qs

All of Satori's spells timed out. Well. All the character specific ones. I decided to leave out Terrifying Hypnotism since its so bland and easy.

« Reply #561 on: September 21, 2011, 07:02:03 PM »
I want to try some ultra modes but can't patch the games *sigh*.

On topic, finally captured Mishaguji-sama.  Only Suwa War remains for MoF extra spells.

Good luck with Suwa War. It's either her hardest or second hardest. It's also the reason I have yet to perfect her, though admittedly I haven't tried all that much.

« Reply #562 on: September 21, 2011, 07:28:33 PM »
Good luck with Suwa War. It's either her hardest or second hardest. It's also the reason I have yet to perfect her, though admittedly I haven't tried all that much.

Have you even tried that trick I told you to try? It really makes it a lot more doable when you are doing it right.

« Reply #563 on: September 21, 2011, 07:40:45 PM »
On the run where I got the Mishaguji-sama timeout, I tried it, derped, then went for the final card timeout since I ruined the perfect. I did recap it once with the trick, but I pretty much always derp it long before that. That timeout was pretty ridiculous BTW.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 07:44:37 PM by Chaotic Phoenixma »

« Reply #564 on: September 21, 2011, 08:33:44 PM »
Yeah, I can imagine that. Never really tried timing it out myself though. Its something Formless managed to do so I considered it below me. :trollface:
I mean, It being positioned at the end of such a long stage made it pretty unattractive to me. Its the same with BoLaD... QED and Grudge Bow though. Yeah, somebody go time those fuckers out.

How about Red Frog Hoei Era whatever it was called?. That other survival card. I remember that my run was pretty much just moving around all over the screen hoping that she didn't box me in.

« Reply #565 on: September 21, 2011, 08:37:43 PM »
I captured Double Black Death Butterfly. And Needle Mountain of a Former Hell. And Mega Flare. All in the same run.

« Reply #566 on: September 21, 2011, 08:51:40 PM »
How about Red Frog Hoei Era whatever it was called?. That other survival card. I remember that my run was pretty much just moving around all over the screen hoping that she didn't box me in.

Red Frog is some easy stuff. It's one of her easiest once you have the path down. But IIRC Jaimers was having trouble with it when he went for the perfect as well.

« Reply #567 on: September 21, 2011, 09:01:37 PM »
When timing out Misaguji-sama, are you taking it to the last phase by shooting first? Nevermind... I checked the video.
Captured Misaguji-sama no focus now.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 09:19:07 PM by Gargantuan Catfish »

Immortal Momiji!

« Reply #568 on: September 21, 2011, 09:23:48 PM »
Pretty much the only way to do these timeouts of cards that get harder as HP goes down. Though even just the timeout phases are tough enough, I'd rather outlast it all if I'm capable of it.

Only way I could have made that timeout worse was using MarisaB and maybe MarisaC with 3 or 4 Frostthrowers on her, but I'm not enough of a masochist to use Marisa's oversized hitbox.

Formless God

« Reply #569 on: September 21, 2011, 11:10:41 PM »
TD Lunatic 1cc aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa