Author Topic: Dim.Dream  (Read 6856 times)

Jeremytroid

Dim.Dream
« on: January 27, 2010, 12:30:08 AM »
I'm sorta' a Touhou n00b but is it real? I mean I have it and play it all the time but it's so different than like Lotus Land Story I wasn't sure. And general chat about it can go here too I guess.

Oh hi there Shrine Maidens :D

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
Re: Dim.Dream
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2010, 12:32:41 AM »
PoDD? I thought that was just an urban legend!
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2010, 12:34:49 AM »
RIKAKO ASAKURA IS NOT AN URBAN LEGEND. :<

PoDD is the only PC-98 game I've played enough to feel proficient in, so I'd think I can tell you that it's real.

ebarrett

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2010, 12:49:31 AM »
Dim.Dream
Of course it's not real you silly.

It's also widely regarded as pretty much impossible to beat on lunatic.  ;D

Bananamatic

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2010, 12:50:29 AM »

It's also widely recognized as pretty much impossible to beat on lunatic.  ;D
This man used Gameshark. It IS impossible.

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2010, 01:12:15 AM »
Wow, it looks just like PoFV and plays like it too!  No way!

nintendonut888

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2010, 01:14:14 AM »

It's also widely regarded as pretty much impossible to beat on lunatic.  ;D

Now now, don't be a Donut and show off.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2010, 01:15:22 AM »
It's also less fun than PoFV, but it's praised for being fairer.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2010, 01:18:17 AM »
They're both retarded.

And if Mima makes me game over on round 1 ONE MORE TIME...

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2010, 01:33:00 AM »
It sux. 

Real men play Kioh Gyoku.  With Milia and Gates only.

nintendonut888

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2010, 01:34:56 AM »
It's also less fun than PoFV, but it's praised for being fairer.

It's both more fun AND fair. >:<

It sux. 

lol Seihou.

Jeremytroid

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2010, 01:37:33 AM »
Yeah it's Cirno(stupid) hard. But it's odd that it has this huge game style change and dip in graphics from Lotus Land Story.

Is there a whole forum for PC 98 games? They're the only ones I have. Except for that I've just ordered UFO.

nintendonut888

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2010, 01:40:41 AM »
Yeah it's Cirno(stupid) hard. But it's odd that it has this huge game style change and dip in graphics from Lotus Land Story.

Is there a whole forum for PC 98 games? They're the only ones I have. Except for that I've just ordered UFO.

After the Civil Rights act was signed, it became illegal to segregate games based on their console of origin. :V

Also, it's not surprising that there's a dip in graphics, because PoDD was made before LLS.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 01:43:21 AM by nintendonut888 »

ebarrett

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2010, 01:52:14 AM »
it's praised for being fairer
I must say it isn't really that much more fair. Kana and Kotohime can only hit lunatic Yumemi (which plays at full AI capabilities) in two ways: by having the boss summon ram her while going offscreen (which means your boss summon has to pretty much leave after one attack), or by the moon things sneaking up on her while she was busy with something else. So, you exchange PoFV's stupid jump in difficulty at stage 6 for a potentially invincible Yumemi, who, unlike Shikieiki, keeps the hax AI for as many rounds as it needs to crush you, unless you're using a top-tier character.

which means it's time for a SURPRISE TIER LIST [kogasa.jpg]
Reimu, Rikako and Yumemi herself can hit the AI with their ying-yangs, homing gears and aimed crosses (from Yumemi's boss summon) fairly reliably; Ellen's spinning things are excellent as well, but good luck surviving more than a couple of minutes with her; Mima's bouncing balls are not as good as you'd imagine but her decent survivability makes it possible; Marisa and Chiyuri can trap the AI in a laser grid therefore making a moon/star/teacup slam much more likely, but it's still a very tall order; Kana and Kotohime have above-average survivability but that's worth nothing if you can't hit the AI.

Bananamatic

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2010, 02:18:34 AM »
It sux. 

Real men play Dodonpachi.
And don't pull your gunbird stuff, because I ordered that one already :V

« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2010, 02:43:55 AM »
I can get usually up to S7 or so with only the odd death here and there on Hard.

I like playing with Kana. Mostly for her hat and her name.

Kananananananananananananananananananananananananana :V

Solais

• Developer fairy
  • is working for a game developer now.
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2010, 03:10:59 AM »
Actually it's Dimensional Dream, and it's really MEH, save Reincarnation, but I don't think it exists, really...

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2010, 03:22:18 AM »
Actually it's Dimensional Dream, and it's really MEH, save Reincarnation, but I don't think it exists, really...
Are you telling me Lost Dream is MEH? That is illegal, you know >:(
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 11:39:04 AM by NeoGenesis »
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
  • Who is it that calls for me?
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2010, 04:57:54 AM »
PoDD has TONS of good music.

Dim. Dream
Lost Dream
Maniacal Princess
Sailor of Time
Tabula Rasa

Someone needs to be schooled in PC-98 greatness.

Montblanc

• I'll drive my toe into your eye socket,
  • And I'll Spin in it~
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2010, 03:04:06 AM »
Kananananananana is fun~

And I don't care if she's bottom tier. =D I love her, and therefore I WIN WITH HER. MUAHAHAHAHA.

That said, I have an issue. When I play, the FANFUCKINGTASTIC music always gets slightly distorted (like the background to the music is missing) whenever there are Sound Effects going on (as in, shooting, blowing up, stuff like that).

Is there any way to fix this? o.o

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2010, 09:04:46 AM »
This man used Gameshark. It IS impossible.

I'm pretty sure I didn't use any cheating devices when I did it...

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2010, 10:24:04 AM »
Dim.Dream is a lot of fun. Because SCIENCE!

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."