Author Topic: Super Marisa World FUSION (working title)  (Read 7510 times)

Super Marisa World FUSION (working title)
« on: February 07, 2015, 10:13:00 AM »
Hello everyone, I'm TrinitroReisen, but I'm more commonly known as TrinitroMan. I came from far away, from Fusion Gameworks, to show off my Touhou fangame, made with my own modified version of Hello Engine 5.1
Here are some screenies:

Also, here is what I have done so far:
Multi character system: 100%
-Marisa: 99%
-Alice: 0%
-???: 0%
New NPC system: 90% (I still haven't tested out this system to its full capability yet)
SMB2 enemies (including bosses): 85% (needs StiltGuy, FryGuy and bug fixes on Albatoss)
Super Item System: 90%
Subspace System: 80%

And here is the world list:
W1: Mushroom Kingdom
World 1-1 (Grass Gradiation): 100%
World 1-2 (Bombshell Underground): 98% (completely revamped, main level design completed, needs bonus rooms)
World 1-3 (Nipper Nitpicks): 99%
World 1-4 (Brick Break): 99% (needs some touching up)
Toad Town: ??%
World 1-Fort (Fort Koopa): 99% (only pre-battle and dialogue for post-battle cutscenes left)
World 1-5 (Shoes and Hammers): 95% (currently balancing the difficulty)
World 1-6 (Path of the Chinese Wind): 99% (only pre-battle and post-battle cutscenes left)
World 1-7 (Spikey Rain): 100%
World 1-Castle (Abadoned Castle): 85%
Yellow Switch Palace: 0%

W2: Sarasaland (SML1-3 and Wario Land 2-4)
World 2-1 (Birabuto Begins): 99%
World 2-2 (~unnamed level~): 100%
World 2-3 (Palmtree Panic*): 99%
World 2-Pyramid (Totomesu's Tomb): 80%
World 2-4 (~unnamed Muda level~): 0%
World 2-5 (From West to Easton): 0%
World 2-S1 (Parsly Tree Zone): 0%
World 2-6 (~secret name~): 1%
World 2-7 (Crawlers Cave): 0%
World 2-Fort (Hiyoihoi's Hideout): 0%
World 2-8 (~unnamed Muda level~): 0%
World 2-Castle (Alien Facility): 0%
Red Switch Palace: 0%
*No, it's not a Sonic level.

W3: Dreamful Skies (SMB2 and Paper Mario)
*coming soon*

W4: Celsius Kingdom (fire & ice)
*coming soon*

W5: Isla Delfino (Beach-themed)
*coming soon*

W6: Industrial Square
*coming soon*

W7: Tainted Toadstool (Shroob Hideout)
*coming soon*

W8: Koopa Kingdom
*coming soon*

Bonus World (W9): Gensokyo
*coming soon*

Currently, the team consists of three people:
-TrinitroMan (coding and level design)
-EvilMariobot (Touhou spriting)
-Kirbio (Touhou spriting and Sphere Doomer)

I hope, you like it.

Download link (NCFC Demo 1):
https://www.sendspace.com/file/ld9acd

8lue Wizard

• Cobalt Magician
  • (Apparently)
Re: Super Marisa World FUSION (working title)
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2015, 06:19:29 AM »
Customizable controls. They are not optional.

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2015, 08:19:41 AM »
Customizable controls. They are not optional.
W-w-wait, you want customizable controls? Shoot, I never did that before. Must take a look at tutorials for that, which are compatible with Hello Engine 5.1, first.
But not before I have at least finished the second playable character (who IS set to appear in demo 2, mind you).
P.S.: Uhm...how can I change my avatar there?

Zerviscos

• Infinite Bread Chewing Powers! Activate!
  • Om nom nom nom nom nom*
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2015, 08:40:39 AM »
W-w-wait, you want customizable controls? Shoot, I never did that before. Must take a look at tutorials for that, which are compatible with Hello Engine 5.1, first.
But not before I have at least finished the second playable character (who IS set to appear in demo 2, mind you).
P.S.: Uhm...how can I change my avatar there?
You need to have sufficient posts before you can become a normal member. You can edit your forum profile after that.
Neophyte > Tourist > Normal Member IIRC(?)

The system is most likely to prevent bots, or other spams.

Twitter | Steam | Battle.net[Zerviscos#1833]

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2015, 03:22:48 PM »
That is correct. We have found empirically that turning off avatar functionality until a user reaches 10 posts, thereby preventing people from spamming posts once or twice to upload an avatar and then never posting again, helps the server load. (Once an avatar is uploaded, it's stored locally, so it does take up disk space.) Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

Do you plan on selling this game? It looks interesting just from the screenshots, and I'd like to see more Western fangames get made and sold, but obviously if you go that route you'll need to replace all of the Nintendo-owned content with original stuff.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2015, 03:48:27 PM »
That is correct. We have found empirically that turning off avatar functionality until a user reaches 10 posts, thereby preventing people from spamming posts once or twice to upload an avatar and then never posting again, helps the server load. (Once an avatar is uploaded, it's stored locally, so it does take up disk space.) Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

Do you plan on selling this game? It looks interesting just from the screenshots, and I'd like to see more Western fangames get made and sold, but obviously if you go that route you'll need to replace all of the Nintendo-owned content with original stuff.
I will not sell this game.
Afterall, Super Marisa Land, Super Marisa World and MegaMari were never sold either.
Besides, the story is built around Marisa and Alice trying to get back to Gensokyo.
But thanks that you like the screenshots. You should also try out the demo. :]
Also, this game will hopefully be not the only Touhou thing in a Jump'n'Run. Mushroom Kingdom Fusion is being rebooted with a new character cast, and I'm trying to box a Touhou rep in as a possible secret character, since the secret character slots are still open to new suggestions (but no promises on that one, since it's still up to JudgeSpear, Captain Cook and Feguelion to decide whenever to include that Touhou rep or not).
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 03:50:01 PM by TrinitroReisen »

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2015, 03:51:55 PM »
Were those three games really not sold? I know I bought hard copies of all three. :V
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2015, 04:29:00 PM »
Were those three games really not sold? I know I bought hard copies of all three. :V
Hmm...that's weird, because I do remember downloading MegaMari for free, as if it was a fangame or something.
To be fair, though: The one I downloaded was already translated into english, but hey, gensokyo.org never looked like a suspicious site to me, so I just guessed that they just rehosted MegaMari (since it was the complete game already translated). After all, when they did the translation patch for Hisouten/Hisoutensoku, they only included the patch files, and you still have to get the game itself all by yourself, so I guessed that MegaMari wasn't not sold, because the download link was right there, out of the open.
But alas, the story depends way too much on the Mario universe for me to just remove it. Marisa and Alice discover a pipe in Gensokyo. Princesses get kidnapped. Pipes play one of the biggest roles in that game (since a pipe is the only way for them to get back to Gensokyo). The new enemy fraction you encounter in World 6 (not made yet) is literally a take on how a Mario version of Metal Slug could look like (complete with the guns being replaced with Mario versions like the Bullet Bill Launcher or the Heavy Star Bit Machine Gun or the Star Bit Shot Gun or the Flame Flower or my favorite, the Iron Koopa).

bennelsey

• Touhou fan-game Developer
  • Will make Touhou fan-games for food
    • EastGap
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2015, 03:31:28 PM »
But alas, the story depends way too much on the Mario universe for me to just remove it
That's where re-drawing comes in - it's not copyright infringing if it looks reasonably different (not just copy-pasted with minor edits to color or some other)
Though if you're not selling the game anyway then you'll probably do just fine keeping those assets.

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2015, 04:00:02 PM »
So...uh...nothing to comment about my game?
I mean, I did tried hard to make it not look like a Hello clone, but I would still like to know, if there are any problems left to iron out in this demo.
Most importantly, does the World Boss Theme function? It functions for me, but before my fix, some PCs had problems with playing that theme, and I don't even know why... :V
Thanks in advance!

Hope ♦ Metal

• Royal Flares Can't Melt Steel Beams
  • Donald Trump will make waifus real
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2015, 06:08:12 PM »
It would be nice if you could change the size of the window without having to resize it manually.

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2015, 07:16:44 AM »
You can. You just need to press F4.
Also, today I got confirmation that the World Boss Theme is indeed functional now, so have fun. :V

Hope ♦ Metal

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2015, 08:54:11 AM »
You can. You just need to press F4.
Also, today I got confirmation that the World Boss Theme is indeed functional now, so have fun. :V
I didn't mean going fullscreen, I meant resizing the window while still being in windowed mode.

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2015, 09:22:10 AM »
I'm sorry, but that's not an important feature to me, especially since you can just resize the window manually (and that's actually a lot better, since you have more control that way).

bennelsey

• Touhou fan-game Developer
  • Will make Touhou fan-games for food
    • EastGap
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2015, 03:05:29 PM »
It would be nice if you could change the size of the window without having to resize it manually.
Wait - I don't get this feature request

Do you mean:
A: several preset window sizes to choose from
B: resize windows using your mind powers

Hope ♦ Metal

« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2015, 05:38:33 PM »
Wait - I don't get this feature request

Do you mean:
A: several preset window sizes to choose from
B: resize windows using your mind powers
I mean the first one.