Author Topic: danmakufu market for newbs and noobs (0.12m / ph3)  (Read 2455 times)

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
danmakufu market for newbs and noobs (0.12m / ph3)
« on: October 01, 2013, 11:48:34 AM »
I noticed that most of the people who are posting their scripts on danmakufu, have a tendency to do the following:

• Post an entire, full-blown project complete with progress, demos, etc.
  • Post several scripts at once and look for advice for each of them
  • Post tools and/or resources

While there are stickies already for scripters both new and veteran to look for help and answers to questions, I noticed there isn't actually a thread where newer scripters and other greenhorns can actually interact and discuss with each other, individual scripts. I actually spoke to Helepolis about this and he gave me the ok, well, basically the motivation here is to try and get people on the lower level of the spectrum to chat and share even just one script they made, on a bored day, to look for advice or to share their own experiences.

As for me, I literally started playing and tinkering around with Danmakufu ph3 0.18 yesterday, and I was able to create a fairly basic pattern. As of now, I haven't written in background and sound effect routines as well as other polish, but I am still learning how to use Danmakufu's features as a whole.

You may find the script I wrote in about 3~ish hours here. I'm a very new entry to this whole Danmakufu thing, but what I think differentiates me from others is that I already have a solid background in programming, so it would be somewhat easier for me to learn Danmakufu quickly than others. So, I think that makes me a little bit qualified to help others with the basics and foundations as well. It would be nice if people could pitch in their own scripts even if they aren't good, to provide learning experience for everyone.

Cheers.

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Maths ~Angelic Version~

• Aspiring Mathematician of Brilliant Laziness
Re: danmakufu market for newbs and noobs (0.12m / ph3)
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2013, 07:07:46 PM »
Hi and welcome to RaNGE, Kawamura Neo :)

I tried your script. Even though you seem to focus on its shortcomings, I have to say I'm impressed that you made it on your second day of Danmakufu. In particular, I'm impressed that you did object bullets this early. I think and hope that your background in programming will help you with your future scripts. Good luck with Danmakufu~

I found the spell pretty decent, even though I think Rumia moved too quickly (slow her movements down a bit). Also, the break at the end of TWork (  loop(70) { yield; }) could have been shorter. There seems to be a problem with Rumia sometimes firing bullets after the spell is supposed to end. Unfortunately, I don't know how to fix that easily.
Note: You might want to tell the players to put the script into their ExRumia folder, otherwise the boss's sprite doesn't appear.

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
  • Git ready, git set, PUUSH!
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2013, 01:08:28 AM »
The name of the thread was misleading, but the intention is great.

Newer scripters: do feel free to take a step forward and post. Get to know the community better, and it will help you in the long run.

Also:

Please make sure that you've read the tutorials, especially the paths and directories one. If you are going to release a script here, please make sure you don't use any absolute pathing (in order to make things proceed much more smoothly). Also, remember that there are error message compilations in case you have trouble on that end.

Expanded Compilation of error messages

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2013, 01:27:18 AM »

Note: You might want to tell the players to put the script into their ExRumia folder, otherwise the boss's sprite doesn't appear.

heyo, thank you for the advice.

I forgot to tell this, because I have saved the script in my own directory which also has ExRumia.png, I forgot to mention this whoops!  :ohdear:

Code: [Select]
let imgExRumia = GetCurrentScriptDirectory ~ "ExRumia.png";
Well, that is why, it would be easier to test by putting this in ExRumia folder. Well, eventually, I'll make compilation of my noob scripts into a compressed folder, so that it would be easier.

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Darkness1

• Nothing to see here.
  • Enigmatic, isn't it?
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2013, 06:05:19 AM »
Welcome to RaNGE Neo, and I have to say, it's good to see another ph3 user appear here.
Any newer danmakufu user is reccomended to use ph3. While it is rumored to be more difficult to start up with, alot of tutorials exists both listed here on motk and on the dmf wiki.

The dmf wikis list doesn't seem to be entirely completed, but that may be expected with a constantly updating engine.