Author Topic: Reimu's age?  (Read 51686 times)

Spiderpig2398

• The One in all direcions
Re: Reimu's age?
« Reply #90 on: May 30, 2011, 03:16:05 PM »
I think ZUN changed his mind about Reimu's apparent age in the process of making HRtP.

Also Remember that To some, HRtP to MS are declare to happen in an alternate dimension by most people who know about it.

So she might as well have been 13 in MS.

Mimachiro

• Master of the Swimsuit
  • Making being an evil spirit look good
    • Tondemonai
« Reply #91 on: May 30, 2011, 10:07:54 PM »
Alternate dimension? Interesting theory, but since ZUN mentions EoSD takes place shortly after MS, it's pretty much busted.

"I don't have anything against you, but I hope you're ready to die a dog's death!
Oh, don't worry, that cat will carry off your body, so you'll be able to live in our place!"

Spiderpig2398

« Reply #92 on: May 30, 2011, 11:29:48 PM »
But since ZUN mentions EoSD takes place shortly after MS, it's pretty much busted.

Under technical terms, it still could, the two dimensions being almost equal. Lets say that the PC-98 set is Dimension A, and the Windows set is dimension B. MS could have happened in Dimension A, while EoSD happens in Dimension B shortly after. Another theory is that its a Moriya Shrine Conspiracy, even if the template is forbidden.

Also, this is Gensokyo. Logic does not need to follow the rules of Physics we follow in compared to Gensokyo's. Reimu could be 900 in HRtP as a reincarnation, for all we care!

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #93 on: May 31, 2011, 02:18:04 AM »
I love how people continue to deny PC-98's connection to Windows, despite all evidence to the contrary and having no reason to do so in the first place. >_>

Anyway, I think this debate's pretty much done, seeing as how we're descending into memes.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #94 on: May 31, 2011, 02:19:14 AM »
Anyway, I think this debate's pretty much done, seeing as how we're descending into memes.
So, ITT: Is Yukarin really 17 years old?

Moekou

• Hourai Doll
  • Nyo~
« Reply #95 on: June 03, 2011, 01:04:49 AM »
I think PC98 selves are kinda like pseudo-alternate incarnations, from the "old Gensokyo".

That said, I still think Reimu and Marisa are at least in their 20s, and were about 14 when EoSD started.
Never forget these eternal words of wisdom: "Take it easy!"

« Reply #96 on: June 11, 2011, 09:17:31 PM »
Maybe Zun just wanted her to stay around 14 - 16. Maybe her Yin-Yang orbs let her do this?

Mimachiro

• Master of the Swimsuit
    • Tondemonai
« Reply #97 on: June 11, 2011, 09:57:34 PM »
Maybe Zun just wanted her to stay around 14 - 16. Maybe her Yin-Yang orbs let her do this?
That's it, it's the orbs. It is believable, though, given the other abilities the orbs give her.  Wouldn't do much for Marisa and everyone else, though.

"I don't have anything against you, but I hope you're ready to die a dog's death!
Oh, don't worry, that cat will carry off your body, so you'll be able to live in our place!"

Spiderpig2398

« Reply #98 on: June 12, 2011, 02:19:03 PM »
Wouldn't do much for Marisa and everyone else, though.

That is a good point, however...

Marisa could just use Magic.
Sakuya could ZA WAURDO away.
Not sure about Sanae. Maybe Kanako and Suwako are involved?

Grimarg

• B-but you haven't promoted me yet!
  • Thanks Aoshi for the avvy! :3
« Reply #99 on: June 12, 2011, 06:14:20 PM »
Well, Sanae is a descendant of Suwako, so i guess that would have to do for her.

Mimachiro

• Master of the Swimsuit
    • Tondemonai
« Reply #100 on: June 12, 2011, 09:39:22 PM »
Maybe, but I think it's been mentioned before that Marisa is trying to become a youkai magician, but has yet to succeed, so she should still be aging.

« Reply #101 on: June 12, 2011, 10:56:12 PM »
Maybe it has something to do with the mushrooms...

Grimarg

• B-but you haven't promoted me yet!
  • Thanks Aoshi for the avvy! :3
« Reply #102 on: June 13, 2011, 02:28:05 AM »
Environmental maybe?

I mean, with all the miasma in the forest and all...

Mimachiro

• Master of the Swimsuit
    • Tondemonai
« Reply #103 on: June 13, 2011, 10:51:57 AM »
Environmental maybe?

I mean, with all the miasma in the forest and all...
The only place that's thick with it is Makai, but it could be said the magic throughout all of Gensokyo is a factor.