Author Topic: Failing Final Spellcard against Unnamed Giant Catfish  (Read 3422 times)

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
Failing Final Spellcard against Unnamed Giant Catfish
« on: August 29, 2009, 10:26:42 PM »
So... if you don't deal enough damage to the catfish before the timer runs out, is the game *supposed* to completely freeze? It's not a complete freeze, I can still pause and whatnot, but the screen faded to white and all I can see is the frozen HUD.

I guess I got the "Taisui Xingjun destroyed the world" ending. :(
Tumblr (sometimes NSFW) | PM for Facebook

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
Re: Failing Final Spellcard against Unnamed Giant Catfish
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2009, 10:35:42 PM »
That's odd.

Make sure you're fully patched (It's already up to 1.02)

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2009, 10:39:30 PM »
If you fail the last spell card you get the ending anyways.
Just spam a bunch of spell cards on him at the end.

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2009, 05:43:31 AM »
Yeah, I'm pretty sure I patched to 1.02. I almost thought it was part of the game, because everything froze but I could still pause and unpause like normal.

I would have been more urgent about killing him, but I didn't know the fight would end when time ran out. I thought it might auto-spell break and then begin again.
Tumblr (sometimes NSFW) | PM for Facebook

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2009, 07:19:45 AM »
I got this bug once, too. I think it has to do with the following:

When you lose the last bit of health but still have lives left just before the timer runs out, the attack that would normally drain all your health and lives doesn't do it's job properly. You will stand up and regenerate the health of your next bar while receiving the supposedly fatal blow, but the health will regenerate further, thus preventing you from dying. Since neither you nor the catfish are dead, the game doesn't know to which ending to advance to, thus it doesn't advance at all.  :-\

This may of course be wrong, but my only advice is: Try not to lose the last bit of your health during the last 5 seconds.
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2009, 08:18:35 PM »
Is there even any point to these final spells? Failing them, dying on them and beating them seem to give you the exact same result - the ending.
 Did I miss something there?