Author Topic: touhou 13.5 and latest vs touhou 12.3 and earlier  (Read 4036 times)

touhou 13.5 and latest vs touhou 12.3 and earlier
« on: May 02, 2015, 06:28:32 PM »
it is me or the latest fighting game is not that great compared to earlier fighting games:

touhou 7.5, 10.5 , 12.3 - feels like im playing marver vs capcom 2
touhou 13.5, 14.5 - feels like im playing street fighter

the point is the game is less epic (you dont see that many projectiles nowadays or im just blind?)

if this post is offending, feel free to delete it, and sorry for my english

FearNagae

• Hisouten/soku Enthusiast
Re: touhou 13.5 and latest vs touhou 12.3 and earlier
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2015, 07:09:19 PM »
it is me or the latest fighting game is not that great compared to earlier fighting games:

touhou 7.5, 10.5 , 12.3 - feels like im playing marver vs capcom 2
touhou 13.5, 14.5 - feels like im playing street fighter

the point is the game is less epic (you dont see that many projectiles nowadays or im just blind?)

if this post is offending, feel free to delete it, and sorry for my english

As for 13.5 it certainly is has limited materials in comparison to earlier games and is rather slower in speed (like street fighter yeah).

But...
14.5 isn't even out yet man.
Some bullets looks upgraded and has more into it in the PV compared to the demo, the demo certainly is rather boring. But the full version doesn't look so.

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2015, 07:09:34 PM »
...so you're saying it's less flashy?

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2015, 01:21:09 PM »
thats one thing. or i am just a noob who just want to mash the keyboard and still wins?

Critz

• Heartwarming ★ Miracle
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2015, 05:02:17 PM »
14.5 has plenty of bullets as of the latest web demo, where the bullet quantity got noticeably upped and charged shots introduced. It's also far more dynamic than 13.5, so it's pretty close in terms of flashiness to the older fighters. It's basically 13.5 done right.

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2015, 07:29:24 AM »
Altough that might be a fair comparison, it is an unfair statement. Street figther aint a bad figthing game by any means. It is slow, sure, but this speed in turn gives priority to other elements not so accounted for in other figthing games. Zoning, mix-ups and mind games are specially fotsies.

I personally have really enjoyed HM, it reminded me of a mix between smash brothers (directional inputs), traditional 2D figthers and the usual touhou-style and customization. It is a shame for me to see they drop the customization beyond spellcards, I really liked being able to map moves and customize bullets. With ULiL I feel like we are taking a step behind again, retaking some of the old elements. Dont take me wrong, I find that acceptable altough it pains me that sometimes innovation has to pay for the sake of consistency.

I see HM as a really nice experiment, a step away from conventional figthers and a correct step towards something more touhou-like... because lets face it, it is touho-like for the girls to fight on the air and not so much on the ground. The only thing I dislike about HM is the lack of competitive elements such as mix-ups, cross-ups and stuff like that.

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2015, 03:35:15 AM »
I was actually discussing this with a friend recently, because I was surprised he enjoyed 14.5 over 12.3.

I still prefer soku more, and I think it's because it's really satisfying to pull off combos in it compared to 14.5, especially when you get really high off the ground a near the ceiling of the screen. In 14.5 it just doesn't feel as satisfying or intense, but that may be partially due to the fact that only a small handful of combos have been discovered so far.

Critz

• Heartwarming ★ Miracle
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2015, 10:38:23 AM »
Well, maybe I did oversimplify with outright stating superiority over HM. Although I'd wager ULiL is superior when it comes to competitive elements, considering it introduces fast-talk declaration and land cancels. And the way they fit the moves from HM into neat static movesets in ULiL by adding the charged shot convinced me that the customization in HM did more harm than good.