Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 -13F  (Read 217603 times)

ZXNova

• Life is an explosion!
Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 -13F
« Reply #930 on: October 26, 2014, 06:08:28 AM »
@ Kirin no Sora
Pretty reasonable I would say.  I really like Nine syllable stabs. A binding technique, very suited for a shrine maiden that exterminates youkai. (ZETTAI YURUSANAE)

Wymar

• ⑨⑨
  • Apathy is a powerful mehtivator.
« Reply #931 on: October 26, 2014, 09:50:18 AM »
Uhm. Are you asking us how to prevent him from not liking the game? If he really just doesn't enjoy the game there's not much reason to keep playing.
No, I want it to not literally drain his soul. Maybe he's playing in an abandonned graveyard or something, I don't really know.

That said, I started a new game in the meantime. I think the lampreys are the biggest difficulty spike so far.

Alicirno

• Seer of Heart
  • Paruparuparu
« Reply #932 on: October 27, 2014, 12:15:07 AM »
My god Yuuka was hard. I mean, I didn't exactly have the best team since stat distribution and teambuilding is decidedly hard for me, but why was she easier than Yuyuko, who I beat 4 levels below the challenge level.
Beauty of Gensokyo is cheating. Getting double calming scent and deranging aroma is cheating. The damage rush at the end is cheating (though Yuugi, Parsee and Kogasa made short work of that). I had to break the challenge level and beat her 7 levels above.

Team so far:
Healer Komachi
Herbalist Wriggle
Magician Satori
Magician Kanako
Gambler Kogasa
Enchanter Sanae
Warrior Yuugi
Strategist Keine
Monk Parsee
Kaguya (dropped for Yuuka)
Yuyuko
Hina

Some of these are probably terrible choices for subclasses, but I'm just going with what works.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 12:16:51 AM by Alicirno »

ZXNova

• Life is an explosion!
« Reply #933 on: October 27, 2014, 01:13:54 AM »
My god Yuuka was hard. I mean, I didn't exactly have the best team since stat distribution and teambuilding is decidedly hard for me, but why was she easier than Yuyuko, who I beat 4 levels below the challenge level.
Beauty of Gensokyo is cheating. Getting double calming scent and deranging aroma is cheating. The damage rush at the end is cheating (though Yuugi, Parsee and Kogasa made short work of that). I had to break the challenge level and beat her 7 levels above.

Team so far:
Healer Komachi
Herbalist Wriggle
Magician Satori
Magician Kanako
Gambler Kogasa
Enchanter Sanae
Warrior Yuugi
Strategist Keine
Monk Parsee
Kaguya (dropped for Yuuka)
Yuyuko
Hina

Some of these are probably terrible choices for subclasses, but I'm just going with what works.

Don't see why you're going Magician Satori and Kanako. Those are weird choices. And Monk Parsee is also a weird choice, at least to me. Actually, I don't know what subclass to pick for Parsee really. Everything else seems right to me.

And yeah, Yuuka was hard for me too. I was 8 levels above challenge and she would beat me. And yeah, Calming Scent is a very dumb move imo. Whenever Yuuka would get multiple calming scents I would just restart the game. I really hate that move.

« Reply #934 on: October 27, 2014, 03:30:46 AM »
Currently on 6F and I just got my first Stone of Awakening.

Any advice on who to use this one? I'm seriously unsure.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #935 on: October 27, 2014, 03:53:23 AM »
Currently on 6F and I just got my first Stone of Awakening.

Any advice on who to use this one? I'm seriously unsure.
This early in the game, subclasses are mostly just good on characters who don't have good things to spend their points on already, since you're pretty strapped for skill points. (That, and people who could seriously use one of the classes' active skills, like if you wanted to give a support character healing powers)
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

ZXNova

• Life is an explosion!
« Reply #936 on: October 29, 2014, 05:54:04 AM »
Anyone know where to get the Genji Glove?

Yookie

• Blue flower
  • Green
« Reply #937 on: October 29, 2014, 07:45:23 AM »
You craft it.
Requires a Dragon Mane though, it's rather rare but you get one early in one of the extra areas once you've beaten enough Shadows.

Wymar

• ⑨⑨
« Reply #938 on: October 29, 2014, 09:26:23 AM »
I forgot just how frustrating Alice was to fight.

« Reply #939 on: October 29, 2014, 01:01:31 PM »

I've reached this fight to. I almost had her once, but that was just because Trip Wire didnt kill me.

Seriously. I either lost most of my party members to Trip Wire, or they miraculously survived and the fight continued.

Anyway, 8F random encounters are so damn hard to kill... why is that ? Argh.

Wymar

• ⑨⑨
« Reply #940 on: October 29, 2014, 01:30:30 PM »
I've reached this fight to. I almost had her once, but that was just because Trip Wire didnt kill me.

Seriously. I either lost most of my party members to Trip Wire, or they miraculously survived and the fight continued.

Anyway, 8F random encounters are so damn hard to kill... why is that ? Argh.
My guess would be Flower Divers continuously buffing their parties to absurd levels. 8F frequently has two of them at once, and the speed-buff feedback loop is horrifying.

« Reply #941 on: October 29, 2014, 06:56:38 PM »
My guess would be Flower Divers continuously buffing their parties to absurd levels. 8F frequently has two of them at once, and the speed-buff feedback loop is horrifying.

Even in encounters without flower divers they just murder my party members before I can get them to act.  I was considering changing my current party but I have absolutely no idea what to change it to, really :/

Alicirno

• Seer of Heart
  • Paruparuparu
« Reply #942 on: October 29, 2014, 08:00:02 PM »
Does anyone know the width/heights of the SS/S.pngs for LoT2? I decided to make a charagraph for fun, with Touhou Pocket Wars Portraits. Still need Wriggle/Maribel/Renko images in the style, but oh well.

« Reply #943 on: October 30, 2014, 02:22:18 AM »
Even in encounters without flower divers they just murder my party members before I can get them to act.  I was considering changing my current party but I have absolutely no idea what to change it to, really :/

Try using faster characters like Chen and Cirno, also up your speed stats.
I believe that speed is the best overall stat to increase with money, unless the character is very slow.
I used Orin for several floors when I got her since should could attack multiple times, and fire element attacks were nice for the Jungle floors.

They really need to fix the stats spells that don't reset the time bar, it can get insanely stupid if they cast it 3+ times in a row.

I had a harder time with her individual doll fights...  Those things are too freaking fast.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 03:11:45 AM by Spiffspoo »

ZXNova

• Life is an explosion!
« Reply #944 on: October 30, 2014, 04:50:10 AM »
Is Ran good at clearing mobs late game? That's something I've always wondered.

« Reply #945 on: October 30, 2014, 05:02:14 AM »
After what felt like an eternity, I have finally defeated Alice!

... Now, is she any good? I haven't had much success with her in the first game, but considering Minoriko is now practically my most valued character while in the first game I barely even used her...

« Reply #946 on: October 30, 2014, 07:22:45 AM »
One of her main selling points is her Tripwire, which is extremely effective against bosses weak to HVY and debuffs.

Her base MAG isn't THAT good compared to other dedicated nukers, but it's still very viable, nonetheless. After inflicting HVY, her offensive power increases quite a bit with Final Blow.

Don't forget about MAlice Cannon (buffs her MAG) and Doll Guard (Very high evade).

She can target both defenses with her attacks as well, though I usually use her for her single-target FIR nuke (Artful Sacrifice).

I'm sad as to how there are no physical MYS attacks. There's a magical PHY attack, why can't there be a physical MYS attack :<
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 07:28:05 AM by CrazyManiacz »

jaxter0987

• Umiiro Shoujo ni Miserarete
  • Umi is love, Umi is life
« Reply #947 on: October 30, 2014, 09:12:25 AM »
Does anyone know the width/heights of the SS/S.pngs for LoT2? I decided to make a charagraph for fun, with Touhou Pocket Wars Portraits. Still need Wriggle/Maribel/Renko images in the style, but oh well.
You can see for yourself here. They're not very consistent though so...

Alicirno

• Seer of Heart
  • Paruparuparu
« Reply #948 on: October 30, 2014, 02:15:05 PM »
You can see for yourself here. They're not very consistent though so...

Ah, thank you.

On a side note, was Yuuka supposed to be able to break Yukari this easily? One buff with Sanae and stick her in 4th slot, spam Flower shot and that was it. Extra Attack + Encounter with a strong foe is kind of a great way to keep selfbuffed.

ZXNova

• Life is an explosion!
« Reply #949 on: October 30, 2014, 08:06:01 PM »
Ah, thank you.

On a side note, was Yuuka supposed to be able to break Yukari this easily? One buff with Sanae and stick her in 4th slot, spam Flower shot and that was it. Extra Attack + Encounter with a strong foe is kind of a great way to keep selfbuffed.

Actually did the same thing. Yukari is just really weak to nature.

Yookie

• Blue flower
  • Green
« Reply #950 on: October 30, 2014, 08:19:13 PM »
Just goes to show that Yuuka is clearly superiour to Yukari. :>

She really trivializes the fight though but all in all Yukari is one of the easier bosses.

ZXNova

• Life is an explosion!
« Reply #951 on: October 30, 2014, 11:31:00 PM »
Anyone know where the last tome of awakening post game is?

EDIT

I got them, but I'm still missing a tome. I musta missed one during main game.

Anyone know all the locations of the stone of awakenings main game?
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 11:36:41 PM by ZXNova »

« Reply #952 on: October 31, 2014, 04:10:40 AM »
Ah, thank you.

Yeah pretty sure she is supposed to do that.  Anything weak to nature- or even neutral to it- and not absolutely tanked on Mind is begging for Yuuka to put it in the camel clutch, break its back, and make it humble.  Yukari is just unfortunate enough to be rather weak to nature after Yuuka becomes available.  As you have observed, Extra Attack chaining Encounter with a Strong Foe is pretty stupid, especially when stacked with all other sorts of damage buffs- Gambler barely even dents her Flower Shot spam gameplan with how cheap the spell is.

ZXNova

• Life is an explosion!
« Reply #953 on: October 31, 2014, 05:50:44 PM »
I was able to find the final tome. Turns out I forgot one on the 13th floor. Weird because I know for certain I dropped down to that area. Maybe something had happened and I forgot to save the data and didn't revisit the area.

Koog

• I live to protect those dear to me,
  • as a good friend would.
« Reply #954 on: October 31, 2014, 09:54:38 PM »
God! The poisoning wasp's Shadow! I've barely beat it. My team is a bit weak at the moment.
Kogasa, Parsee and Flan (wasn't targeted at all...) survived...
Mwahahahahha!

« Reply #955 on: November 01, 2014, 11:25:12 AM »

We are talking about labyrinth 2 right? I didn't remember Alice being that hard.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
« Reply #956 on: November 02, 2014, 04:17:10 PM »
We are talking about labyrinth 2 right? I didn't remember Alice being that hard.
The only thing annoying about LoT2's Alice fight is she abuses Trip Wire a lot at times and that's about it better than LoT1's fight with Alice because of those dolls.
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

Kirin no Sora

• Wanderer of Gensokyo
  • I have returned from the nothingness once more...
« Reply #957 on: November 03, 2014, 10:07:31 PM »
Not to be a bother, but unless anyone has an objection to it, I would like to start a new thread for this stuff now...
I hope there's no rule for against doing this early...

Edit: I have set up a new thread for this now. I hope no one kills me for this...
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 10:15:27 PM by Kirin no Sora »
There is no greater joy than knowing that the Touhou invasion is unstoppable, and the legacy of Gensokyo will never fade away...

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #958 on: November 05, 2014, 09:06:19 AM »
I kill you :V