Author Topic: [Art] Newbie Made a Movie Poster!  (Read 2800 times)

NotAnOwl

• What is communication?
[Art] Newbie Made a Movie Poster!
« on: June 27, 2012, 12:40:53 PM »
Hi ever'body ^^; . I just finished up this piece I've been working on for a while now in an attempt to create a mock movie poster of actual movie poster size/resolution. In pixels, the poster dimensions are 4050x6000 ( ~31 MB, definite filesize overkill ). I couldn't upload a lossless, full resolution file to my Pixiv due to its size, but I did upload it via my old DA account. I did upload a file that is still quite large (~6MB) at 50% of the resolution, but only 20% of the original filesize. The poster is made as a mock-movie for Koishi Komeiji's Heart-Throbbing Adventure =x. I tried to make it as believable as possible...

Full (dA, ~31 MB):
http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/179/7/1/kkhta_poster_by_sephimink-d5560vg.png
50% resolution (pixiv, ~6 MB) :
http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=28249667

Might make some edits to the text, credits or the overall image... But I don't want to do too much to it, either. My computer is dying trying to process the large .psd and .ai files =x.

^^;
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 03:27:59 AM by NotAnOwl »

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
Re: [Art] Newbie Made a Movie Poster!
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2012, 10:26:24 AM »
Hoooly crap absurdres

So does this mean the entire soundtrack is by ZUN?
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

Merp

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2012, 11:00:09 PM »
Liebe
Assemblage of egregious drama queens

Pixiv  Deviantart  Livestream  Art Thread

pasu

• what are they talking about!
  • medi for 14.5 never ;_;
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2012, 12:38:07 AM »
l-l-liebe

oh you were the one who made that road to madness thing!

i should probably get to changing my sig but im too lazy

art thread / yukkuri quest thread

NotAnOwl

• What is communication?
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2012, 06:32:44 AM »
Hoooly crap absurdres

So does this mean the entire soundtrack is by ZUN?
Well, there isn't REALLY a soundtrack, of course =p ; but if there was one made based on the music already used, it'd include music from the likes of ZUN, T-Rex (20th Century Boy), Paprika (Parade), and a few more artists/doujin groups. Also, a good amount of the music used is taken directly off a website called H/Mix Gallery. And yeah, crazy crazy res/size ^^; ... Even crazier is that I want to double the res up from 150 DPI to 300 DPI, but that would mean redoing a lot of stuff. I kind of want a poster just to say I made one. I don't know, I think it'd be neat.

Liebe
She has much of that to give, with open arms and everything 'p'

l-l-liebe

oh you were the one who made that road to madness thing!
Yeah, thanks '-' ! I might add more to that strip as the story progresses (IF the story progresses).
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 09:16:03 AM by NotAnOwl »