Author Topic: Team Fortress 8  (Read 83715 times)

Re: Team Fortress 8
« Reply #870 on: October 29, 2010, 10:23:50 PM »
So with the new crates everyone's complaining about hats being in them and killing the "value". This "Hat Value" thing is just stupid.
You should wear a hat b/c you like it not b/c you think it has some imaginary worth over other hats.

Gc

• youtu.be/pRZpjlrKM8A
« Reply #871 on: October 29, 2010, 10:28:11 PM »
Server plugins and admin rights given to clan members, and why it shouldn't happen.

Forgive the DirectX 8.1, my GPU is equivalent to not having any GPU.

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
  • Who is it that calls for me?
« Reply #872 on: October 29, 2010, 10:37:56 PM »
I am sad. I have a Degrease and Powerjack and no way of getting an Attendant anytime soon. Angst.

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #873 on: October 29, 2010, 10:50:39 PM »
Server plugins and admin rights given to clan members, and why it shouldn't happen.

You can do that by creating your own empty server and using console commands. Though I'd like to see that after the Halloween event just to see chaos in the servers instead of just HHH farming.

communist unity (comm-unity)

• Boss of the Gym
  • 100% salt
« Reply #874 on: October 30, 2010, 03:09:38 AM »
Yeah, it's so hard to play the map properly right now. I haven't found any servers that do. I just want to play the map now that I have the metal. People just run after the HHH instead of capping/defending the points.  :V

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #875 on: October 30, 2010, 03:29:03 AM »
Play cp_mountainlab, it's exactly the same as the Mannor except less Halloween.

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
« Reply #876 on: October 30, 2010, 10:09:25 AM »
So I got me a Skull Hat. I like.   :D

To be back at home where the mouse has no input delay... feels good mang. Still need to get any of the polycount items, though, except for the Croc Shield, which already dropped.  :derp:
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #877 on: October 30, 2010, 01:49:52 PM »
The only Polycount items I get are the fish and croc shield. I'm saving them so I can trade them for other Polycount items but everyone seems to get those first.

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
« Reply #878 on: October 31, 2010, 01:09:41 AM »
I'm starting to get the dreaded FPS drops that other people have been talking about. I couldn't do squat in Egypt or Arena 2fort. >:

« Reply #879 on: October 31, 2010, 06:09:44 AM »
Trading 1 refined for a Saxton Hale mask right now because lolfps

No more mask hunting for me.

« Reply #880 on: October 31, 2010, 07:16:20 AM »
http://www.tf2items.com/id/swixel

This guy. Seriously. 

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #881 on: October 31, 2010, 03:07:42 PM »
I'm still mask hunting so I can sell the masks for metal.

Gc

• youtu.be/pRZpjlrKM8A
« Reply #882 on: October 31, 2010, 09:28:58 PM »
Tried crafting a Rocket Jumper, got a Black Box.

Is it safe to assume nobody will trade a RJ for a BB and craft it some more, or should I ask for trades ?

« Reply #883 on: October 31, 2010, 09:35:54 PM »
Tried crafting a Rocket Jumper, got a Black Box.

Is it safe to assume nobody will trade a RJ for a BB and craft it some more, or should I ask for trades ?
BB's a polycount wep, so you could probably get away with it.

Seventh Holy Scripture

• Err... d'ya need somethin' from me?
« Reply #884 on: October 31, 2010, 09:55:48 PM »
http://www.tf2items.com/id/swixel

This guy. Seriously.

I heard he speedhacks.

Got my medic mask at a private party, but not gonna sit there all Halloween for a Saxton Hale one. I'm looking forward to actually playing cp_manor_event once gift time is over. Hopefully the HHH still appears though, he's fun.

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #885 on: October 31, 2010, 10:28:28 PM »
The HHH is fun when no one tries to farm him. I love meleeing someone capturing the point when I'm IT and watch the HHH decapitate half the enemy team since they were all bunched together on the point.

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
« Reply #886 on: October 31, 2010, 11:34:27 PM »
The HHH is fun when no one tries to farm him. I love meleeing someone capturing the point when I'm IT and watch the HHH decapitate half the enemy team since they were all bunched together on the point.
This, so very much. The only way it could be better would be if I had finally gotten a Mackerel. Although suddenly becoming IT as a RED Sniper, then jumping out of the house and walking towards the blue spawn, dodging explosives along the way and then meleeing a demoknight to death was fun. :V

Regarding the masks, as of now I have only seen the present two times. None of those times could I pick it up before somebody else did. Not that I would care...
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

Barrakketh

• You're suddenly Director of Fixing That Shit!
  • Vice President of It's Your Problem Now.
« Reply #887 on: October 31, 2010, 11:52:18 PM »
I'm still mask hunting so I can sell the masks for metal.
DIAF, plzkthx.

Regarding the masks, as of now I have only seen the present two times. None of those times could I pick it up before somebody else did. Not that I would care...
I've seen it many times, but I got so many dupes from the presents.  Dupes were either traded for masks I needed or given away to server regulars that needed them.  And after I crafted my Hale mask I was just giving away the extras to people that needed them.  I'm holding onto my Demoman mask just in case I see Max on the server (he actually pushed me off of a present and someone else got it, he gave me a Demo mask because he "felt guilty"...bitch, I would have backstabbed you for the gift if it were possible).

Also crafted The Attendant last night after someone traded me a Powerjack for a mask I had.  It's a shame so many servers are going 24/7 manor (even the rotation servers I have bookmarked did this).  At this point I just haven't been playing except to help friends collect masks.
Cheating? I cannot even wrap my head around the point of it. Wouldn't you know you had cheated? How on Earth could you maintain crisp certainty of your superiority to all others? And if you're unable to do that, what's the point of anything?

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
« Reply #888 on: November 01, 2010, 12:22:19 AM »
Also crafted The Attendant last night after someone traded me a Powerjack for a mask I had.

Hatate. The one thing I really really want and can't afford.

Barrakketh

« Reply #889 on: November 01, 2010, 12:31:05 AM »
Hatate. The one thing I really really want and can't afford.
I also have seven refined metal left.
Spoiler:
:parsee:, right?
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 12:34:01 AM by Barrakketh »
Cheating? I cannot even wrap my head around the point of it. Wouldn't you know you had cheated? How on Earth could you maintain crisp certainty of your superiority to all others? And if you're unable to do that, what's the point of anything?

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #890 on: November 01, 2010, 01:28:09 AM »
This, so very much. The only way it could be better would be if I had finally gotten a Mackerel. Although suddenly becoming IT as a RED Sniper, then jumping out of the house and walking towards the blue spawn, dodging explosives along the way and then meleeing a demoknight to death was fun. :V

You need a mackeral? I have 3 of them. I'm looking masks and metal.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #891 on: November 01, 2010, 02:00:00 AM »
DIAF, plzkthx.

It isn't that hard to get masks if you play as a Scout in a server with less than 16 people. I join servers with 9 or 10 people, if the number of players go over 12 I usually leave.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #892 on: November 01, 2010, 04:10:41 AM »
Anyone know how long this event is supposed to last?

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

« Reply #893 on: November 01, 2010, 04:13:13 AM »
Anyone know how long this event is supposed to last?
This upcoming Friday is when it ends.

« Reply #894 on: November 03, 2010, 07:42:48 PM »
soup' people.

I just finished the Halloween version of my Scarlet Devil Mansion map. It's just a Deathmatch map without time limit, so I could add a lot more places and features.
You'll particularly  love the basement I think ?3?

http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/148482

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #895 on: November 03, 2010, 08:45:33 PM »
soup' people.

I just finished the Halloween version of my Scarlet Devil Mansion map. It's just a Deathmatch map without time limit, so I could add a lot more places and features.
You'll particularly  love the basement I think ?3?

http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/148482

Fantastic fuckin time for my computer to fry itself, that looks fun. I wanna see about sneakin through there :O

Gc

• youtu.be/pRZpjlrKM8A
« Reply #896 on: November 04, 2010, 02:56:27 PM »
BOT TEAMS IN TF2:
3 engies, 2 snipers, 2 medics, 1 demo, 1 human soldier.
VERSUS
2 heavies, 2 medics, 2 BSsnipers, 1 autoreflect pyro, 1 critboost-noreload soldier, 1 BSdemo.

Fuck yeah balanced.

EDIT
Another game with bots, this time on Sawmill. I'm a heavy. I drop on the point to finish capping it. Suddenly, fire out of nowhere cuts my hp by 150. there's no pyro (or pyro ragdoll) around the point. Bots can't have the flare gun. Explain.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 04:26:35 PM by Gamecubic »

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #897 on: November 04, 2010, 03:56:11 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6HN3TsI8cw

"Beat me once, shame on me.  Beat me twice, also shame on me.  Beat me three times... I am sent to my death. :("

Barrakketh

« Reply #898 on: November 04, 2010, 04:42:53 PM »
BOT TEAMS IN TF2:
3 engies, 2 snipers, 2 medics, 1 demo, 1 human soldier.
VERSUS
2 heavies, 2 medics, 2 BSsnipers, 1 autoreflect pyro, 1 critboost-noreload soldier, 1 BSdemo.

Fuck yeah balanced.

EDIT
Another game with bots, this time on Sawmill. I'm a heavy. I drop on the point to finish capping it. Suddenly, fire out of nowhere cuts my hp by 150. there's no pyro (or pyro ragdoll) around the point. Bots can't have the flare gun. Explain.
Depending on the team makeup I'd say it was a flaming arrow.  If there wasn't a human sniper that couldn't happen since bots don't use unlocks.

« Reply #899 on: November 04, 2010, 06:41:50 PM »
Got a camera beard. Why can't the spy get a better misc. I'ma see if anyone will try it for 80 bill hats.