Author Topic: Team Fortress 8  (Read 83715 times)

Re: Team Fortress 8
« Reply #840 on: October 28, 2010, 03:18:27 AM »
hooray retarded fps drops are back

also rocket jumper lowers max health by 100, and sticky jumper still does damage to enemies while still doing zero to yourself. :V

EDIT: Got the pumpkin head and the metal, but I haven't seen the presents yet.  Wonder what the criteria for those spawning is.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 03:36:07 AM by Esoterica »

« Reply #841 on: October 28, 2010, 03:47:11 AM »
They seem random at best. Just gotta walk up and hit them.

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #842 on: October 28, 2010, 03:56:18 AM »

« Reply #843 on: October 28, 2010, 04:08:31 AM »
How to use the new metal
The axe can apparently rarely drop from killing Silas Mann anyway, I wouldn't waste your metal on it.

« Reply #844 on: October 28, 2010, 04:13:22 AM »
So wait. Is the headtaker essentially another Eyelander with different skin? That's a bit disappointing.

« Reply #845 on: October 28, 2010, 04:15:30 AM »
So wait. Is the headtaker essentially another Eyelander with different skin? That's a bit disappointing.
Expensive as hell too.  2 refined + skullcutter + unusual scrap

Or you can do 4 refined + unusual scrap for one of the three new hats that are only available via the store for a week.

Personally I'm going to hang onto mine for awhile and see what else shows up.

Also, Saxton Hale mask is the only new hat that doesn't have a holiday restriction.

« Reply #846 on: October 28, 2010, 04:20:32 AM »
Also, Saxton Hale mask is the only new hat that doesn't have a holiday restriction.
Wait, you can only wear the juju and other two limited edition buyable hats during the holiday? That's lame. :<

communist unity (comm-unity)

• Boss of the Gym
  • 100% salt
« Reply #847 on: October 28, 2010, 04:24:39 AM »
there's more than nine crafting slots now, right? then the saxton hale mask is likely crafted using all nine masks.

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
  • Who is it that calls for me?
« Reply #848 on: October 28, 2010, 04:48:20 AM »
I gots a Pyro and Medic Mask as well as a pumpkin head. Fuuuuun.

Also, I love the manor map. One time the boss spawned right near me in the manor and everything just started shaking violently. I turn around with enough time to see the giant thing cut my head off. It was a bit frightening.  :ohdear:

Barrakketh

• You're suddenly Director of Fixing That Shit!
  • Vice President of It's Your Problem Now.
« Reply #849 on: October 28, 2010, 05:04:43 AM »
Wait, you can only wear the juju and other two limited edition buyable hats during the holiday? That's lame. :<
The hats can only be bought during the holiday, but can be worn year-round.

And while the axe is crazy expensive to craft (I think I'll pass), it has the potential to look awesome with one of the new hats:

Cheating? I cannot even wrap my head around the point of it. Wouldn't you know you had cheated? How on Earth could you maintain crisp certainty of your superiority to all others? And if you're unable to do that, what's the point of anything?

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #850 on: October 28, 2010, 05:10:58 AM »
nooooo don't change all my dustbowl maps to the manor :(

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

• Boss of the Gym
  • 100% salt
« Reply #851 on: October 28, 2010, 05:29:43 AM »
Oh wow, I lucked out and got an unusual metal.
Too bad the crafts for it are just plain ridiculous. I'm not dropping a refined metal just for an eyelander reskin. Nor am I dropping four refined for a hat I can only wear on halloween.  :derp:

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #852 on: October 28, 2010, 05:35:33 AM »
You can use the craftable hats all year long I think

« Reply #853 on: October 28, 2010, 07:42:09 AM »
Got the purple metal but i have no other metals and no axe.

Ah yeah 3 hours of demo man. I'm such a nub.

« Reply #854 on: October 28, 2010, 12:45:14 PM »
Oh wow, I lucked out and got an unusual metal.
Too bad the crafts for it are just plain ridiculous. I'm not dropping a refined metal just for an eyelander reskin. Nor am I dropping four refined for a hat I can only wear on halloween.  :derp:
I should clarify; it's only the masks (sans Saxton Hale mask) and the HHH's head that are only Halloween-wearable.  The craftable Halloween hats are year-round, and two of them are actually only available through the store for this week only.  The Voodoo Juju hat in particular is going to be worth a lot in the future, I'm betting.

Also, I've gotta figure out what triggers those damn presents.  I  need my Saxton Hale mask.

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
« Reply #855 on: October 28, 2010, 03:58:20 PM »
So now that I got my mouse back  I decided to log in after a while to check out if I could get me a polycount drop or something and OHFUCKHALLOWEENWHATISTHIS.

Still need to look through the new items which got apparently available, but what I do know for now is that despite me having gotten my good mouse, TF2 still got mouse input lag on my laptop. Ffffffff...  >:(

After crafting away most of the dupes I had stored for the polycount pack, I now have 4 refined and 4 reclaimed metal. What am I gonna do with those...

Ohyeah and I got a crate just now. What are people stupid enough to give you for one?
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
« Reply #856 on: October 28, 2010, 04:03:22 PM »
You can pretty much get any weapon you want for a crate, from my experiences. I just traded one for a degreaser last night.

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
« Reply #857 on: October 28, 2010, 05:31:12 PM »
Heh, I'll probably just yell something like "Trading Mann.Co.Crate for any weapon from the Scout of Pyro set", or something.  :derp:
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #858 on: October 28, 2010, 05:38:48 PM »
Also, I've gotta figure out what triggers those damn presents.  I  need my Saxton Hale mask.

They spawn randomly in a server with at least six people. We can make a private server for six players and find people who will agree on taking turns for the presents. So in total we would need about 54 presents. All I have for now is the Medic Mask.

« Reply #859 on: October 28, 2010, 07:47:50 PM »
They spawn randomly in a server with at least six people. We can make a private server for six players and find people who will agree on taking turns for the presents. So in total we would need about 54 presents. All I have for now is the Medic Mask.
Blargh.

Looked it up and bots allegedly don't count either. :<  Guess I can't farm this one.

EDIT: Silas Mann isn't the real boss.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 10:32:40 PM by Esoterica »

• Boss of the Gym
  • 100% salt
« Reply #860 on: October 29, 2010, 02:49:27 AM »
I've got a spare demoman/sniper mask if anyone needs/wants them.

I just need an engie and soldier mask and my collection is complete.  BV

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
« Reply #861 on: October 29, 2010, 02:51:06 AM »
I could use both the spares if you don't need them. Currently only got Pyro, Medic, and Soldier. I'd be willing to trade the Soldier for the sakes of completing your collection for you.  :V

« Reply #862 on: October 29, 2010, 03:15:46 AM »
Pretty much looking for any masks that aren't scout (only one I actually found), medic, or pyro.

« Reply #863 on: October 29, 2010, 03:37:31 AM »
Finished the A Granary Adventure: The Underdog Story

Thumbs up all across the board.

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #864 on: October 29, 2010, 04:05:21 AM »
I'm just missing the Spy and Engie masks, and I have 2 extra Soldier masks.

I think I'll use the Haunted Metal for the axe. But I'll craft some off the Polycount hats first, unless Valve decides to take away the metal after Halloween.

I also saw a guy who traded his Heavy Mullet for a fish and milk, and another fish dropped for him when he traded. I wish I could trade with people like him.

EDIT: Why did Valve change the Tosslecap's paint scheme? Now I hate it again, unless I get black paint.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 04:44:49 AM by Admiral Skye »

« Reply #865 on: October 29, 2010, 05:56:01 AM »
Meh Ye Olde Baker Boy and the Whoopee Cap are the only scout hats worth getting imo,

Also this
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 06:11:08 AM by Cadmas »

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
« Reply #866 on: October 29, 2010, 05:11:07 PM »
I'm incredibly content with my Ghastly Gibus. It's classy as hell on the pyro and someone pointed out that it makes the sniper look like Abe Lincoln.  :V

« Reply #867 on: October 29, 2010, 07:56:54 PM »
Ghastlier Gibus >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ghastly Gibus

I might actually wear the thing now.

Barrakketh

• You're suddenly Director of Fixing That Shit!
  • Vice President of It's Your Problem Now.
« Reply #868 on: October 29, 2010, 08:33:52 PM »
Ghastlier Gibus >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ghastly Gibus

I might actually wear the thing now.
I have two Ghastlier Gibii (TF2Items lists the one I got from the site as #3839).

I'm still torn on whether I should craft an Attendant.
Cheating? I cannot even wrap my head around the point of it. Wouldn't you know you had cheated? How on Earth could you maintain crisp certainty of your superiority to all others? And if you're unable to do that, what's the point of anything?

• Boss of the Gym
  • 100% salt
« Reply #869 on: October 29, 2010, 08:36:12 PM »
i finally got it. the sack-ton hale mask.
no more crappy present hunting.