Author Topic: Team Fortress 8  (Read 83714 times)

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
Re: Team Fortress 8
« Reply #690 on: October 19, 2010, 12:40:54 AM »
They half-patched it; if it can see your chest it'll still shoot, meaning there's still an inch or two of space where it'll still harmlessly shoot the dispenser or (less harmlessly) the engie.

Speaking of engie buildings, engie crab >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> spycrab

Is that new? Also,if the engie builds before crawling, would that make him an engie turtle?

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

« Reply #691 on: October 19, 2010, 12:42:06 AM »
Is that new? Also,if the engie builds before crawling, would that make him an engie turtle?
Not really.

Uh, idk. :V

Herasy

« Reply #692 on: October 19, 2010, 01:52:11 AM »
I set up some keybinds a while ago for using the mini-sentry (a.k.a ninjaneering). I binded shift to  whip out the sentry to place it and alt immediately destroys it AND allows me to place it again. While I still have to go to the PDA to set up everything else I prefer it that way so I don't complicate things with a whole bunch of keybinds.

So I can drop a sentry instantly, distract people by shottgunning/pistoling them while it quickly sets up, leave it there to score a couple of kills and then surprise the heavy coming around the corner by destroying my sentry and blasting his face off with the critgun.

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
  • Who is it that calls for me?
« Reply #693 on: October 19, 2010, 02:07:50 AM »
Ninja patch fixing the infinite sentries bug.  :V

Hope all you engies out there enjoyed it while it lasted.

« Reply #694 on: October 19, 2010, 02:33:44 AM »
Ninja patch fixing the infinite sentries bug.  :V

Hope all you engies out there enjoyed it while it lasted.
THEY PATCHED ENGIE CRABS TOO ;_______________;

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #695 on: October 19, 2010, 03:31:07 AM »
Can't you guys ask for it to be put back in?

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
« Reply #696 on: October 19, 2010, 03:58:57 AM »
Infinite sentries? Hell no.
Crabgineers? Maybe.

Also, got a number of sniper achievements and hit milestone 3. :3 Hello Razorback. On one hand it prevents spies from outright killing me but on the other they can just shoot me full of revolver rounds. Hrm. Oh right I still need to get the backstab achievement so maybe I should take it off for the time being.

Barrakketh

• You're suddenly Director of Fixing That Shit!
  • Vice President of It's Your Problem Now.
« Reply #697 on: October 19, 2010, 05:45:29 AM »
Last disguise isn't as effective as you'd think, though; as soon as someone spots you in disguising in the killcam, they usually call out to their team, 'Spy is <whatever>'. Best bet for the 'b' key would be to last-disguise and run off, cloak, and take the time while you're invisible to pick your way through the disguise list.
Last disguise works fine, especially because most people don't have a mic and don't bother reporting spies.  If you play on a server regularly you'll learn to spot other regulars who have a mic and/or report spies through text and be more paranoid about switching.  The key also lets you switch the weapon shown by your disguise.

Also, you're supposed to cloak first and then disguise.  Any other way is doing it wrong.

What I'd prefer for the disguise interface, though, would be a one-key disguise select. Trying to disguise on the run pretty much limits me to the first three or four disguises, otherwise I have to take my hand off the WSAD keys or the mouse, both of which are counter-productive towards trying to flee. Also, hitting 4 then clicking is a bit icky, too, because you can't quick-switch to your disguise case. Not that I've noticed, at least. Maybe I'm doin it wrong :v
Simple disguise menu, only requires 1, 2, 3, and whatever you have your disguise team switch key bound to (I use c).

I set up some keybinds a while ago for using the mini-sentry (a.k.a ninjaneering). I binded shift to  whip out the sentry to place it and alt immediately destroys it AND allows me to place it again. While I still have to go to the PDA to set up everything else I prefer it that way so I don't complicate things with a whole bunch of keybinds.
For me "f" places a sentry, holding shift then pressing "f" will destroy the sentry and have a new one ready to place.

I've also removed the PDAs from the mousewheel.

Cheating? I cannot even wrap my head around the point of it. Wouldn't you know you had cheated? How on Earth could you maintain crisp certainty of your superiority to all others? And if you're unable to do that, what's the point of anything?

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
« Reply #698 on: October 19, 2010, 06:15:44 AM »
A revelation I should have had a long time ago.

Why the fuck am I aiming headshots on low HP classes that can be killed in a scoped body shot?  :V

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #699 on: October 19, 2010, 08:08:06 AM »
A revelation I should have had a long time ago.

Why the fuck am I aiming headshots on low HP classes that can be killed in a scoped body shot?  :V

You mean like Scouts? Always hated getting popped by snap-shots when I'm zipping around :<

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
« Reply #700 on: October 19, 2010, 08:11:47 AM »
Hell no, have you ever tried to snipe a Scout? It's like trying to play tag with The Flash.  :ohdear:

But yes, Scouts will die in one charged body shot if you manage to even hit them. Also: Engineers, Spies, Medics, and Snipers. Pyros have just a bit too much HP but if they aren't full will certainly die in a body shot. Anyone else, aim for the head if possible.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 08:13:22 AM by YellowYoshi »

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #701 on: October 19, 2010, 08:39:13 AM »
If the Scout is jumping across to somewhere, you can foreshadow his landing and tag him prematurely. Nearly all the times I've been sniped as a Scout has been while I was airborne, and those few times I've sniped a Scout, same thing. In the air, bodyshot.

Bananamatic

« Reply #702 on: October 19, 2010, 01:11:38 PM »
Hell no, have you ever tried to snipe a Scout? It's like trying to play tag with The Flash.  :ohdear:

But yes, Scouts will die in one charged body shot if you manage to even hit them. Also: Engineers, Spies, Medics, and Snipers. Pyros have just a bit too much HP but if they aren't full will certainly die in a body shot. Anyone else, aim for the head if possible.
bodyshot pyros once then spray them down with the smg
if they kill you, you did something wrong

or just use the sydney sleeper, bodyshot then noscope them to death

« Reply #703 on: October 19, 2010, 09:27:35 PM »
lol my brother is trying to get a hatless sniper some guy is like I want real money for it 17.58 euros. My brother fucking laughed at him.

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
« Reply #704 on: October 19, 2010, 11:13:49 PM »
Apparently it's some popular opinion that a Sniper that doesn't take anything but headshots is a scrub. Excuse me, but why the hell should I aim a headshot on an engineer that will die to a charged body shot?

Gc

• youtu.be/pRZpjlrKM8A
« Reply #705 on: October 19, 2010, 11:21:45 PM »

« Reply #706 on: October 19, 2010, 11:37:23 PM »
Apparently it's some popular opinion that a Sniper that doesn't take anything but headshots is a scrub. Excuse me, but why the hell should I aim a headshot on an engineer that will die to a charged body shot?
Because you don't need to waste time charging if you headshot him.

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
« Reply #707 on: October 20, 2010, 12:40:04 AM »
I guess maybe I need to learn to quick-scope shoot more.  :V

That aside though, there's been countless times that I've killed someone with a charged bodyshot where I wouldn't have if I had insisted on getting a headshot like a stubborn mule. I'd much rather take out the big threats (medics, engineers/sentries) faster than insist on getting a headshot and then miss because of it.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #708 on: October 20, 2010, 01:45:19 AM »
I think it's a good idea to try headshots because even if you keep missing, you'll get better. Not saying to never try bodyshots, if you can kill someone with body shots, go fot  it by all means, but one should avoid spending as much time scoped as possible. You're not as aware and it increases vulnerability to countersnipers, spys, and on rare lulzy occasions, taunt kills.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
« Reply #709 on: October 20, 2010, 02:21:53 AM »
I think that right there is my problem. I tend to stay back behind the battle fields and stay scoped looking for shots. I think a better practice is probably to aim at people unscoped and scope and shoot when you feel you have a good shot, is that about right?

As much as I want to like the polycount sniper stuff, I'm not sure of them at the moment. Maybe if the jarate effect kicked in regardless of scoping it would be a lot better but as it is now it encourages staying scoped which usually leads to horrible deaths.

Herasy

« Reply #710 on: October 20, 2010, 03:58:39 AM »
I think that right there is my problem. I tend to stay back behind the battle fields and stay scoped looking for shots. I think a better practice is probably to aim at people unscoped and scope and shoot when you feel you have a good shot, is that about right?

As much as I want to like the polycount sniper stuff, I'm not sure of them at the moment. Maybe if the jarate effect kicked in regardless of scoping it would be a lot better but as it is now it encourages staying scoped which usually leads to horrible deaths.

Bushwacka is still awesome though  :getdown:

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #711 on: October 20, 2010, 04:28:37 AM »
I think that right there is my problem. I tend to stay back behind the battle fields and stay scoped looking for shots.
note to self: play spy, kill YellowYoshi

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

« Reply #712 on: October 20, 2010, 04:35:22 AM »
Bushwacka is still awesome though  :getdown:
It's like an axtinguisher that does regular damage against non-burning targets and still gets random crits. :getdown:

Also: Buff Banner + 15 Bushwacka snipers

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
« Reply #713 on: October 20, 2010, 06:13:21 AM »
God I hate my life. I fare okay when facing random people but as soon as I meet actually skilled players I get raped repeatedly. *sigh*

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #714 on: October 20, 2010, 06:07:52 PM »
I stumbled across a 'Snipers, Scouts, Soldiers, Demoman only' server.

...what's the point of that? Everyone just spawns as Soldiers and rocketjumps around while hoping for lucky aerial kills. Whoopdeefrikkindoo.

Needless to say, I promptly swapped over to a Prophunt server I found. More fun there :D

Bananamatic

« Reply #715 on: October 20, 2010, 06:15:40 PM »
I stumbled across a 'Snipers, Scouts, Soldiers, Demoman only' server.
...what's the point of that? Everyone just spawns as Soldiers and rocketjumps around while hoping for lucky aerial kills. Whoopdeefrikkindoo.
That's the "competitive" TF2. You stumbled across a tourneyfag server :V
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 06:18:44 PM by Bananamatic »

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #716 on: October 20, 2010, 06:34:41 PM »
That's the "competitive" TF2. You stumbled across a tourneyfag server :V

:akihawhat:

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
« Reply #717 on: October 20, 2010, 06:36:46 PM »
It's sort of like "No Items, Fox Only, Final Destination".

Except that they use Ice Climbers instead of Fox and Smash-Balls only instead of no items.
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #718 on: October 20, 2010, 06:46:29 PM »
That sucks.

There is absolutely nothing competitive about that - you turn a corner and five rockets slam into your face, what are the fucking odds of anyone surviving that?

If I see the other team start a Soldier Rush, I jump on a Pyro, no matter how mediocre I am at it - it discourages them from rocket-spamming once I get one or two good reflects in.

Shittons of Soldiers just piss me off, mostly because I seem them as the least skill-oriented class; just throw rockets around as fast as you can and let the splash damage kill for you. End up in hot water? Rocket jump away.

I have similar complaints about Rogues on WoW, in that they're the easiest class to wreck face with, because they have the ability to say 'nope, fights over, I'm out' and GTFO without any proper hope of pursuit - and they can turn it against you. Try to get somewhere they aren't, and lo and behold, there's a Soldier falling out of the sky on you.

Bananamatic

« Reply #719 on: October 20, 2010, 06:48:32 PM »
heavies are the worst tbh, it's hard to even miss with them and they have 100 more hp
soldier is probably the 2nd easiest, but you can tell apart a good soldier and a derpy one

Not with heavy :V