Author Topic: Team Fortress 8  (Read 83710 times)

Re: Team Fortress 8
« Reply #630 on: October 17, 2010, 06:54:02 PM »
Oh geebus. Does the explosion hurt enemies? I couldn't tell if it was or if he was just whacking people to death with the Equalizer.
Grenade kill icon in top-right.

Though, it's still not really any more special than any other taunt kill for it.  Heavy, Pyro, and Sniper still have the best three. :v

« Reply #631 on: October 17, 2010, 06:54:52 PM »
Lol at all dat hate in the comments.

Ryuu

• time for kittyrina lessons
  • time to press r again
« Reply #632 on: October 17, 2010, 06:58:18 PM »
Lol at all dat hate in the comments.

it's from the luelinks server, so everyone is like that

everyone mostly gets along, though 90% of the interaction is overdone trash talk

http://ryuukyunplaysstuff.tumblr.com/ read about me playing league i guess

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
  • Who is it that calls for me?
« Reply #633 on: October 17, 2010, 06:59:11 PM »
That's epic awesome amazing, though a bit impractical for most purposes I would imagine. It seems like they would have made the taunt do no damage to enemies as well since that's how the rockets work. Maybe they forgot.

Will probably be patched later but it's kinda funny to see. KABOOOM!

Gc

• youtu.be/pRZpjlrKM8A
« Reply #634 on: October 17, 2010, 07:00:51 PM »
I like how :

Loadout unavailable - Could not connect to Steam
* Gamecubic presses Shift+Tab
* Gamecubic is still connected to Steam

« Reply #635 on: October 17, 2010, 07:03:59 PM »
That's epic awesome amazing, though a bit impractical for most purposes I would imagine. It seems like they would have made the taunt do no damage to enemies as well since that's how the rockets work. Maybe they forgot.

Will probably be patched later but it's kinda funny to see. KABOOOM!

The same thing happened with the gunboats so Its likely something with the damage reduce counting for self explosions.

Bananamatic

« Reply #636 on: October 17, 2010, 07:10:28 PM »
1) shoot rocket jumper at pyro
2) laugh as he reflects

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
« Reply #637 on: October 17, 2010, 07:36:05 PM »
wait what a new rocket launcher

which doesn't do damage

where does it come why what when where how-

*breaks*
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

Ryuu

• time for kittyrina lessons
  • time to press r again
« Reply #638 on: October 17, 2010, 07:45:37 PM »
wait what a new rocket launcher

which doesn't do damage

where does it come why what when where how-

*breaks*

I'm pretty sure it was released with the polycount pack so people could practice rocket jumping in offline without having to do things like ~*~respawn~*~

also so you could tauntcamp the enemy spawn, which is the best application of the weapon

http://ryuukyunplaysstuff.tumblr.com/ read about me playing league i guess

Bananamatic

« Reply #639 on: October 17, 2010, 07:45:59 PM »
shotgun soldier

« Reply #640 on: October 17, 2010, 08:26:45 PM »
It seems like they would have made the taunt do no damage to enemies as well since that's how the rockets work. Maybe they forgot.
Actually, looking at the game files, it appears to be intentional.  You don't take damage from the taunt because of the "no self-damage" property on the rocket launcher.  If they wanted the thing to not do that, they'd just give it the  "decreased rocket jump damage" attribute (which is also unnecessary, since the rockets to 0 damage anyway).

1) shoot rocket jumper at pyro
2) laugh as he reflects
On the other hand, zero-damage reflect jumps. :V

The trolling applications would be endless.

Bananamatic

« Reply #641 on: October 17, 2010, 08:33:52 PM »
On the other hand, zero-damage reflect jumps. :V

The trolling applications would be endless.
according to wiki, if the pyro hits himself with the RJ it damages him

« Reply #642 on: October 17, 2010, 08:38:34 PM »
according to wiki, if the pyro hits himself with the RJ it damages him
what

but it's a zero-damage rocket

fucking stupid :|

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #643 on: October 17, 2010, 08:39:41 PM »
So let me get this straight.  I found a crate.  I have to pay real money to do anything with it.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

« Reply #644 on: October 17, 2010, 08:40:37 PM »
So let me get this straight.  I found a crate.  I have to pay real money to do anything with it.
I wasted $25 opening ten crates and got nothing but shit

just trade them for a refined each or something

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
« Reply #645 on: October 17, 2010, 08:41:02 PM »
Valve hates pyros. It's true!  :ohdear:

On another note my skill is still greatly fluctuating from "shit tier" to "bullshit luck tier". Is this supposed to happen or is something wrong with me that I'm this inconsistent?

« Reply #646 on: October 17, 2010, 08:42:06 PM »
Valve hates pyros. It's true!  :ohdear:

On another note my skill is still greatly fluctuating from "shit tier" to "bullshit luck tier". Is this supposed to happen or is something wrong with me that I'm this inconsistent?
Huntsman Lucksman? :V

theshirn

« Reply #647 on: October 17, 2010, 08:43:44 PM »
Well bleh.

Also I just kicked serious keister as a sniper on Doublecross.  Nine headshots in one life.  Awesome.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
« Reply #648 on: October 17, 2010, 08:44:36 PM »
Relevant to this realization.
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
« Reply #649 on: October 17, 2010, 08:48:52 PM »
Well I expect it with the Lucksman so no. Mainly when I try to actually snipe. I either get some crazy bullshit shots or I die repeatedly without hitting anyone or anything.

« Reply #650 on: October 17, 2010, 08:59:35 PM »
"Skill always beats luck."
                                      ~Sniper.

The sniper whom said that is now pinned to a wall.

« Reply #651 on: October 17, 2010, 09:41:11 PM »
Apparently taking a teleporter with multiple exits will crash a server.

brb ridding the world of 2fort one server at a time

EDIT: Or people are lying to me again
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 09:51:49 PM by Esoterica »

theshirn

« Reply #652 on: October 17, 2010, 09:49:58 PM »
brb ridding the world of 2fort one server at a time
^5

« Reply #653 on: October 17, 2010, 10:05:48 PM »

communist unity (comm-unity)

• Boss of the Gym
  • 100% salt
« Reply #654 on: October 18, 2010, 12:10:52 AM »
yeah my team's out of it. we won the first round though. would have won the second round if the server didn't crash and force a restart.

definitely hope they host more highlander tournaments in the future. I like it better than 6v6.

« Reply #655 on: October 18, 2010, 12:32:54 AM »
yeah my team's out of it. we won the first round though. would have won the second round if the server didn't crash and force a restart.

definitely hope they host more highlander tournaments in the future. I like it better than 6v6.
I agree, mostly because there's payload in 9v9 and people don't bitch at you for playing Pyro. :V

communist unity (comm-unity)

• Boss of the Gym
  • 100% salt
« Reply #656 on: October 18, 2010, 01:12:44 AM »
I agree, mostly because there's payload in 9v9 and people don't bitch at you for playing Pyro. :V

I don't like 6v6 because it's all about the demomen and soldiers. Classes I really don't like playing most of the time. I'm much better with a pyro, scout, or engineer.

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
« Reply #657 on: October 18, 2010, 01:19:58 AM »
So uh... is there even any reason to use a Invisi Watch over a Cloak&Dagger? I don't much see how it has any advantage unless I'm missing something. And what about the Dead Ringer? I tried using one but I have no idea how it works.

Yes this topic is becoming "YellowYoshi tries every class and fails at all of them".

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #658 on: October 18, 2010, 01:34:25 AM »
So uh... is there even any reason to use a Invisi Watch over a Cloak&Dagger? I don't much see how it has any advantage unless I'm missing something. And what about the Dead Ringer? I tried using one but I have no idea how it works.

Yes this topic is becoming "YellowYoshi tries every class and fails at all of them".

Dead Ringer is good if you're talented at blending in with your disguises - trigger a feigned death, double back around, and kill whoever 'killed'  you.

Invisi-watch over Cloak and Dagger has various advantages - if you're always moving, using your stealth for mobile cover to get behind enemy lines, wreak havoc, and GTFO quickly, use the Invisi-watch. If you're more interested in getting behind enemy lines with it and killing one or two high-value targets (good Medics or Soldiers, for example, or an Engineer maintaining a Sentry nest), the Cloak and Dagger would help. Creep into their base slowly, assume a disguise, kill, and then flee or let yourself be killed.

Cloak and Dagger tactics like that, and Dead Ringer, are best used for one life before swapping classes, because then the other team will be spy-checking and doubting your 'deaths'.

The Invisi-watch, however, is refilled by ammo crates, so if you learn a good path, you can maintain a nigh-endless cloak.

Here, have some tutorials and examples. Very handy for understanding the uses of an Invisi-watch.

« Reply #659 on: October 18, 2010, 01:37:24 AM »

The IW can be recharged by picking up ammo, weapons, scraps from destroyed buildings, or by standing next to a dispenser, while the C&D can only be recharged by either not cloaking or standing completely still.  The IW also stays cloaked longer when moving, making it the ideal watch for moving around.  The DR's more for spies that use the revolver; while you have it out, getting hit causes you to fake your death as you run off cloaked.  Since you won't have a readily-available cloak to get in close, the typical role of a DR spy is to fight with the revolver, DR when it starts getting bad, then decloak and renew your assault from a different angle.