Author Topic: Team Fortress 8  (Read 83715 times)

Re: Team Fortress 8
« Reply #600 on: October 17, 2010, 03:32:51 AM »
So apparently Mad Milk is called "Mann Milk" in the game files.

God.

Dammit.

Valve.

:getdown:

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
  • Who is it that calls for me?
« Reply #601 on: October 17, 2010, 04:48:02 AM »
Oh god... as if the scout wasn't obnoxious enough... suddenly the tagline "Non-Milk Substance" makes a bit more sense... I'm afraid.  :ohdear:

I was highly amused earlier that I ninjad a Heavy with rockets. That's just freaking hilarious on so many levels. Also got the "Mutually Assured Destruction" achievement, I think my aim with rockets is improving a bit since I seem to be hitting people a bit more often. Now if only I had a Blackbox.

My skill with Pyro seems to fluctuate wildly from "decent" to "downright garbage" at an alarming rate. What is this I don't even.

« Reply #602 on: October 17, 2010, 04:58:37 AM »
I think the only thing is I'll miss having a rocket jump if I'm not playing as Soldier.  :derp:
Delayed response, but http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrwEmPc0ZkQ

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
« Reply #603 on: October 17, 2010, 06:44:31 AM »
Oh god I'm a lot better at Sniper than I would have imagined. I was faring rather well with with the rifle and then traded for a Huntsman and was doing pretty well too. I think I can aim a lot better when I'm not franticly running around in the fray.

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #604 on: October 17, 2010, 07:52:43 AM »
Oh god I'm a lot better at Sniper than I would have imagined. I was faring rather well with with the rifle and then traded for a Huntsman and was doing pretty well too. I think I can aim a lot better when I'm not franticly running around in the fray.

Hint about Snipers - as long as you get a headshot on another Sniper who isn't wearing the Polycount set, you don't need to have a charge at all, to score a kill off 'em. So snap-zooming and a prompt headshot can drop them. Alternatively, no matter how many times you headshot that Polycount sniper, even if he's down to 1 hp, he'll never die. You need a bodyshot on a Polycount Sniper to kill 'em - or at least, so I've noticed. I'm a pretty terrible shot and lag likes to screw with me at times, so it could've just been me barely missing his head over and over again :x

« Reply #605 on: October 17, 2010, 08:59:41 AM »
Hint about Snipers - as long as you get a headshot on another Sniper who isn't wearing the Polycount set, you don't need to have a charge at all, to score a kill off 'em. So snap-zooming and a prompt headshot can drop them. Alternatively, no matter how many times you headshot that Polycount sniper, even if he's down to 1 hp, he'll never die. You need a bodyshot on a Polycount Sniper to kill 'em - or at least, so I've noticed. I'm a pretty terrible shot and lag likes to screw with me at times, so it could've just been me barely missing his head over and over again :x
I've heard the polycount set will still let a headshot kill you if you're already at 1 HP.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #606 on: October 17, 2010, 02:22:49 PM »
Would it be a good idea to  only wear the hat so that they may think that you're polycount, but you actually aren't?

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Herasy

« Reply #607 on: October 17, 2010, 03:17:23 PM »
I swear the polycount update made this game Scout and Soldier Fortress 2 even more than ever before.

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
« Reply #608 on: October 17, 2010, 03:21:02 PM »
I forever and always hate Scouts. They are programmed to be trolls. ;_;

Herasy

« Reply #609 on: October 17, 2010, 03:27:29 PM »
I forever and always hate Scouts. They are programmed to be trolls. ;_;

Every server I visit is just scout scout scout soldier scout scout, all spamming either fish or shortstop. And then there is the scout with the full polycount set.
Why did the scout polycount set not get any drawback? Buy the hat and you get 25+ extra health with NO drawback! With that kind of bonus why even use anything else?

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
« Reply #610 on: October 17, 2010, 03:31:25 PM »
I'm hoping they get balanced soon because ohgod that Shortstop is bullshit. I can't count the number of times I've been bullshitted by Scouts running around spamming that shit.

On another note, I can't decide if I like the rifle or huntsman better.  :ohdear: They're kinda different playstyles from what I've been seeing. You tend to stay closer to the edges of the battlefield and kite with the huntsman while you actually snipe with the rifle. I've gotten some bullshit kills with the huntsman though. Found a spy running up on me and fired a fully drawn arrow and actually headshot him to a wall. It was awesome. :3

I guess the Jarate does lend itself a bit more to the huntsman though, since you'll actually be a bit closer to the battlefield to throw it at people. I DUNNO. I just like being Australian.  :V

Bananamatic

« Reply #611 on: October 17, 2010, 03:31:55 PM »

Herasy

« Reply #612 on: October 17, 2010, 03:43:35 PM »
I'm hoping they get balanced soon because ohgod that Shortstop is bullshit. I can't count the number of times I've been bullshitted by Scouts running around spamming that shit.

On another note, I can't decide if I like the rifle or huntsman better.  :ohdear: They're kinda different playstyles from what I've been seeing. You tend to stay closer to the edges of the battlefield and kite with the huntsman while you actually snipe with the rifle. I've gotten some bullshit kills with the huntsman though. Found a spy running up on me and fired a fully drawn arrow and actually headshot him to a wall. It was awesome. :3

I guess the Jarate does lend itself a bit more to the huntsman though, since you'll actually be a bit closer to the battlefield to throw it at people. I DUNNO. I just like being Australian.  :V
My main issue with the shortstop is that it allows the scout to deal fairly high damage from both long range and close distance while also being almost instantaneous to reload. This leaves you barely any chance to stop one unless you are a nastacha heavy or another scout. I even tried it myself and its just so easy to take out everything.

The huntsman is widely nicknamed called the lucksman or the
Spoiler:
cuntsman
because you can easily get kills with it by complete accident due to its strange hit detection and the hitbox of the head area. The main drawback of using it comes around when you are facing a pyro that is really good at airblasting since they can send the arrow right back and through your head. The taunt kill is really useful if you know how to use it though.

Recently I got ahold of the Bushwacka which is SO MUCH FUN to use with Jarate. Just toss Jarate at anything and dice them in one hit. Even with the extra fire damage it's still worth using.

Bananamatic

« Reply #613 on: October 17, 2010, 03:49:47 PM »
the bushwacka could use a real downside tbh

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
« Reply #614 on: October 17, 2010, 03:52:12 PM »
I've been hearing rather mixed opinions on the Sydney Sleeper. It gives a Jarate effect upon hit right? Does it give reduced damage or something to get the hate it does? Or I guess the effect is a bit useless if you are headshotting people dead in the first place

Bananamatic

« Reply #615 on: October 17, 2010, 03:54:55 PM »
the hate is because elitists think headshots are the only way to go

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
« Reply #616 on: October 17, 2010, 03:56:10 PM »
So the scout set is as overpowered as it looked from the stats, what with the increased HP and quick reload, eh?

Good thing that this is the time my mouse got broken. I prefer playing when I am the only scout on the team, not when I am the fifth.  :derp:
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
« Reply #617 on: October 17, 2010, 03:59:05 PM »
I like to get headshots just because they're awesome, but I won't give up a clear bodyshot if i have one. Better do significantly harm the person with a bodyshot rather that do nothing at all just because you can't get that awesome headshot.

Bananamatic

« Reply #618 on: October 17, 2010, 04:02:46 PM »
yeah, the milkman set is pretty damn OP but they aren't that hard to beat if you are a pyro

Herasy

« Reply #619 on: October 17, 2010, 04:07:01 PM »
I've been hearing rather mixed opinions on the Sydney Sleeper. It gives a Jarate effect upon hit right? Does it give reduced damage or something to get the hate it does? Or I guess the effect is a bit useless if you are headshotting people dead in the first place

The hate is mostly because it encourages the "wait for a charge and body shot the guy" sniper gameplay that everyone hates. Having the entire set on forces you to play like that really.

The bushwacka is definitely more effective without the sydney sleeper through. I prefer to use Sniper Rifle/Huntsman, Jarate, Bushwacka if only because having the polycount set on actually hinders effective use of the Bushwacka by forcing you to charge up and hit with a bodyshot followed by walking over to your target and hitting them instead of just throw a jarate at a target near you and slice and dice.  :V

yeah, the milkman set is pretty damn OP but they aren't that hard to beat if you are a pyro

man I have been playing pyro alot lately and I only seem to do really well when I'm playing drunk.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 04:09:23 PM by Herasy »

Barrakketh

• You're suddenly Director of Fixing That Shit!
  • Vice President of It's Your Problem Now.
« Reply #620 on: October 17, 2010, 05:21:10 PM »
Would it be a good idea to  only wear the hat so that they may think that you're polycount, but you actually aren't?
That isn't going to fool anyone with a brain.

Actual Croc-O-Style snipers are easy prey for spies (no Razorback for easy backstabs, and Saharan Spies can kill them without a sound).

the hate is because elitists think headshots are the only way to go
Headshots are guaranteed death.  A sniper using the Sydney Sleeper can't kill an overhealed heavy, they can't get a sure kill on anything but the 125-health classes.

And from what I've seen they still primarily engage in sniper wars instead of trying to get the Jarate effect on things that their teammates are shooting at.
Cheating? I cannot even wrap my head around the point of it. Wouldn't you know you had cheated? How on Earth could you maintain crisp certainty of your superiority to all others? And if you're unable to do that, what's the point of anything?

Bananamatic

« Reply #621 on: October 17, 2010, 05:24:21 PM »
it's meant for a more combat based sniper

jarate, then noscope them to death

also buying rocket jumper

« Reply #622 on: October 17, 2010, 05:51:13 PM »

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
« Reply #623 on: October 17, 2010, 05:53:31 PM »
Solve that problem with MORE GUNS.

Good god anyone that goes in there is going to be bullet raped.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #624 on: October 17, 2010, 05:57:10 PM »
do i win yet

Spies would have fun in there, and you'd probably be tortured to death by audio.

"Spy's sappin' mah sentry!"

« Reply #625 on: October 17, 2010, 06:21:01 PM »
Spent $25 on crates.

May as well have put $25 in a blender.

Bananamatic

« Reply #626 on: October 17, 2010, 06:28:42 PM »
anyone got a tradeable rocket jumper? I'll give you a vintage fro :V

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
« Reply #627 on: October 17, 2010, 06:34:24 PM »
Well since I've had this game for like 4 days and have put 14 hours into it already, I might as well get some MotK peeps on my Steam friends list. Feel free to add "YellowYoshi1" :3

Also, does anyone know a guy that goes by "Links" in game? I played a number of games with him in it yesterday and he was hording crates from people that didn't want them. Actually got an Equalizer and Huntsman from him. Anyways, tried adding him but was unsuccessful so whatevs.

Ryuu

• time for kittyrina lessons
  • time to press r again
« Reply #628 on: October 17, 2010, 06:48:47 PM »

http://ryuukyunplaysstuff.tumblr.com/ read about me playing league i guess

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
« Reply #629 on: October 17, 2010, 06:51:43 PM »
Oh geebus. Does the explosion hurt enemies? I couldn't tell if it was or if he was just whacking people to death with the Equalizer.